User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 3 Jan 2009, 16:22   #1
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Xbox 360 - Use wired and wireless options?

Hello,

Is it possible to use my xbox wireless connection to access the internet (live etc.) and use the ethernet port on the back to connect to my vista media centre so I can stream videos to the xbox?

As both the xbox and the media centre are on wifi connections I can get the two to communicate. But the signal is to weak to stream videos from the media centre to the xbox so they are watch able.

Thanks is advance for any replies.

Madina
Unread 3 Jan 2009, 18:17   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Xbox 360 - Use wired and wireless options?

Im not certain how the xbox handles the wifi adaptor, either as a replacement for or in conjunction with the ethernet port.
But, in order to get it working the way you want, you will probably have to put the media center and the xbox on different network subnets otherwise it'll get confused about which interface to be sending the packets over. In effect the xbox will be connected to two seperate networks.
Personally i would just use the wired connection to connect to both the vista media centre and the router through a switch if necessary, or heaven forbid - network bridging ( as this would mean the vista machine has to be on in order to connect the xbox to the internet )