User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Dec 2008, 20:05   #1
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Ship Downgrade Factory

Yes thats right you read it right.... a DOWNgrade factory!!!

Basically a construction which allows the deconstruction of a ship class salvaging parts to create smaller ships to a total of 2/3 value (For 1 class down) or 3/4 value (2 classes down) of the original larger ships

(ie 1 mantis could be downgraded to either 2.5 locusts or 4 beetles) Figures might be a lil rough there but the idea at this point and not the perfect math is whats important

Kk basically I feel this development would maybe be useful to stop players quitting mid round! The way I see it if (as in our example) a cath manages to spectacularly crash half his co fleet for w/e reason, he could have the chance to downscale his mantis defence fleet to strengthen his attacking fleet. Thus being able to attack good targets again quickly whoop holla.

The value loss built into the downgrade (u'd only get 2/3 or 3/4 value back off your investment in downgrading) might go some way in disuading (the bigger) players from self fortressing against w/e incomings they happen to have that day.

Thoughts? Flames?

- Nik

p.s. if you think its a bad idea do every1 a favour and say why you think its a bad idea! dot just say bad idea...could be abused etc...say why!
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 20:21   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ship Downgrade Factory

(2/3 is less than 3/4)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 20:41   #3
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

aye and thats why u'd get a two 2/3 return on 1 class down and a 3/4 return on two class down.

The ways I see it if you totally took apart a cr/br your more likely to have more spare parts to build fi/co with than you would have to build fr/de.

Its like if I took apart this pc, if I had the skills I could probably build 100 calculators. Or 1 pc (since I only have 1 motherboard)
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2009, 18:26   #4
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

I was too lazy to open new topic and my thing is bit like this.

As an Zik you steal ships. Sometimes you want them or even have hunted the stolen ships. Sometimes it's more like a bunch of crap that you'd just sent to be killed if it wouldn't be part of your value/score.

How do you see the idea, where Ziks could turn stolen ships that they don't need/want back as resources? I dunno how hard would it be to code and integrate into the game.
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 10:11   #5
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

I think i've suggested this somewhere else but for a Decomission Yard (same principle, different name) and just salvages the ships. Also suggested having one for constructions.

It's a good idea in theory, not sure about the practicality of it but i don't see the problem with it.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 12:10   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I like the idea and it doesn't look that hard to implement.
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 13:03   #7
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

I also like the idea of being able to salvage your ships for a percentage of the resources back.
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 22:41   #8
NOV

NOV is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFC View Post
I was too lazy to open new topic and my thing is bit like this.

As an Zik you steal ships. Sometimes you want them or even have hunted the stolen ships. Sometimes it's more like a bunch of crap that you'd just sent to be killed if it wouldn't be part of your value/score.

How do you see the idea, where Ziks could turn stolen ships that they don't need/want back as resources? I dunno how hard would it be to code and integrate into the game.
Not a good idea in my eyes, cause that's the main weakness of ziks atm and they are already very very good and would just made them incredible powerful
NOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 23:20   #9
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Idea of Darkheart: interesting. Would you also make it working the other way? Like 4 beetle = 1 mantis?
And it should have a restriction imo next to the valueloss. Yes, I am Dutch, we are fond of rules

About the idea of SUFC: bad idea. point made by NOV + what is the point of stealing then?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 23:41   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV View Post
Not a good idea in my eyes, cause that's the main weakness of ziks atm and they are already very very good and would just made them incredible powerful
I would say its a better all round, as zik normally gains value through stealing.

Btw Downgrading ships already exists, its called defence+salvage.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote