User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 09:07   #1
fizzyxl
SiN

fizzyxl is an unknown quantity at this point
glowing text?

can you get it? I want to have glowing text on the alliance notice but i dunno what the code is. I tried the standard //[glow color=....] and //[glow] but they dont work
fizzyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 09:18   #2
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: glowing text?

Humm. Glowing text? I don't think it is coded into Planetarion. Do you have an example of what glowing text looks like?
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 12:21   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Perhaps he means coloured text?

you can do this by :

( remove the _ 's , its there so the forums dont swallow the code )

[_color=red]red text[/color]
gives : red text

You can also make it bold to stand out more such as :

[_b]Bold text[/b]
gives : Bold text

Combining the two gives

[_b][_color=red]Red and bold text[/color][/b]
gives :Red and bold text

bear in mind you must close tags in the order they are opened
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 12:58   #4
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

reverse order you mean... :P
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 15:12   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

"In the order shown above"
better?

basically if you open a bold tag, then a colour tag, you have to close the colour tag before you can close the bold tag
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 16:36   #6
fizzyxl
SiN

no i mean glowing
On vb forums its [glow]text[/glow]
on some others its [glow color=red]text][/glow color]
and others [glow=red]text[/glow]
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 16:40   #7
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

I guess it means that there's no glowing text in the game. Oh well i'm sure you'll survive.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2004, 17:13   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

these forums are vbulletin, and they clearly dont work here either. First ive heard of a [glow] tag tho, and i wonder how on earth its implemented, i dont think there is a glow tag or property in html. animated gif perhaps.
regardless, theres no [glow] tag ingame
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 21:13   #9
fizzyxl
SiN

well there is in Html and its summut like <span style="width: 150; height: 50; font-size: 20px; font-family: verdana; color: #ff00cc; filter: glow(color=#0000FF, strength=10)">Glow</span>

i think thats it....