User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 25 Oct 2004, 10:37   #1
GinjaSy
Blank

GinjaSy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Can't Use IRC?

Can you not use IRC? But still want to join an alliance?
Well you can join Noirc.
I am a very active player, but I can't use IRC. Which makes joining an alliance quite difficult.

If you are in the same predicament then you should join me.
We keep in touch via messages and the Alliance forum, and so long as you check it and stay active it will work.

So, No IRC? Join Noirc!
GinjaSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 11:17   #2
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough
Re: Can't Use IRC?

its normally not quick enough to use forums cos its not real-time, if u need to talk to each other use MSN, u can even invite ppl into one chat so its not much different to basic IRC like that

good luck anyway, its hard startin alliances so hope u do well!

[APA]Dude
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 15:12   #3
Shiv
Veneratio HC

Shiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, that's just the thing that PA was missing.
Good luck to you for coming round. It won't be easy but with some luck and hard work you might get quite far.
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 15:33   #4
CWODave

I'll join. :P
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 09:11   #5
GinjaSy
Blank

GinjaSy is an unknown quantity at this point

All very welcome! If you cant use chat facilities because of reasons unknown (or known for that matter) then Noirc is for you!
GinjaSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 18:46   #6
ils

ils is an unknown quantity at this point

aiai how ou guys plan to attack=?
*Comander of DreamTeam*
EvoL and Dream to tha Bone
ils is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 20:09   #7
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Defence is the part which will suffer most under these conditions. While its not ideal the attack screen can be used to put together okish attacks, you just hAve to announce the target fairly early, choose a target smaller than would be ideal and be ready to annoy your members when you have to pull an attack at the last minute resulting in many being without an attack that night and leaving others to attack on their own when they cant pull and getting smashed

You could do with something better than msn to take irc's place, msn is ok if you only have a few people to be worried about but its not great if your going to have a fair number of players. Something like a java chat room although then again this has many of the problems that IRC would give.

One thing I have to ask you and anyone else is "why cant you access IRC?". IRC is an advantage to everyone and without it your always going to struggle yet quite often those who say they cant use it simpy havent checked all the options. Sadly the game doesnt do a great job of expaining things once you hit problems connecting (if only one of these would offer a cgi:irc client only those whos work place prevents them using IRC would be unable to get on irc), neither does netgamers but with a bit of work and asking around you can norally find a work around that will improve your pa experiance.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 13:21   #8
Troglodyte

Troglodyte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey i'm in the same boat as u guys ... all the IRC ports are closed.

maybe MSN is not the best... try looking at www.skype.com. using this program u can send offline messages aswell, which could prove quite handy. i.e. when the player logs on again he can see messages that were left for that person, plus it keeps a history so you can retain certain info ...

and it's Http based ....

*just a thought*
Troglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 17:04   #9
fizzyxl
SiN

fizzyxl is an unknown quantity at this point

i totally agree with this alliance! IRC is a bitch... I cannot use it and tbh don't like it.
MSN is what i prefer and as a HC never had too much problems without IRC

Good luck, I know for one that an alliance can still work well without IRC (am checking out skype atm!)
fizzyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 04:07   #10
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzyxl
i totally agree with this alliance! IRC is a bitch... I cannot use it and tbh don't like it.
MSN is what i prefer and as a HC never had too much problems without IRC

Good luck, I know for one that an alliance can still work well without IRC (am checking out skype atm!)

you cannot co-ordinate defence via forums/msn. plus spies +10
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 09:50   #11
fizzyxl
SiN

yes you can. Ok so IRC is used by the top 10 alliances usually as 95% of them have no life and so spend 24/7 at or near a pc. Therefor people are always on IRC.

We use MSN and its worked well so far. you can use the forum, we usually have 4-5 people onlineat one time, so people just need to look out for eachother.
Unread 7 Jan 2005, 12:55   #12
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Yes 95% of top alliances don't have a social life. Idiot. Most of them are 18-22, so students, of course we have a social life We just have an alliance that we can rely on for defence, that's the big difference
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 01:16   #13
DonHells
Davros Esplente Project

DonHells is an unknown quantity at this point

so msn is good but tbfh irc is the only sure way to co ord defence and attacks withoutt he problems wakey highlighted,

it would be very n00bish to assume that jsut because ppl are always online that they are actually their, i have pc acces 24/7 and am on alot but most of the time you will notice i have |away by my name

also try noy to offend top allainces with calling them sad lifeless muppets as they dont like tht

just dont think it would work, you would be better off trying harder to get on irc!

but still best of luck guys

hells

IRC #F-crew
DonHells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 15:04   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Luckily ive got mirc to work at uni so i wont be joining...
I suppose msn has a bigger chance of spies but surely your still communicating over the net with someone who is just a name to you (in most cases) so its negligable
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 15:37   #15
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

how would non member s relay def calls to you if your based sole'ly on MSN?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 16:15   #16
fizzyxl
SiN

Ok, i have to say IRC is bloody good. i just got access to it and found it very helpful!

however if you CANT use IRC then feel free to join this alliance, or join one where people don't HAVE to use irc but can.

either way good luck.
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 17:40   #17
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
how would non member s relay def calls to you if your based sole'ly on MSN?
change their display name, email and/or IM you....
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 18:00   #18
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

because they're really going to do that aren't they
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 18:14   #19
Cannon_Fodder

because its easier to spend 20 hours a day on irc isnt it....
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 18:39   #20
arbondigo

because not everyone spends 20 hours a day on irc. It's far easier to report defence on irc than on msn, for this game it's far easier to use irc than it is msn
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 00:57   #21
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

sniborp i spend on average about 5 hours a day on irc.. i manage to balance a social life and a gf and pa all at the same time...

Unread 12 Jan 2005, 12:13   #22
Cannon_Fodder

yeah but this is a thread for noobs and people who cant use irc... thus who wont spend their day on a pc...
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 17:43   #23
Mek
InSomniac

but i dont spend my day on a pc...thats exactly the point

Unread 12 Jan 2005, 18:06   #24
Cannon_Fodder

so then it wouldnt be a problem joining this alliance

(yes yes u have one, others are better, whatever)
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 20:51   #25
DonHells
Davros Esplente Project

DonHells is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp

so you will give your msn out to non members so you can see them do it

IRC #F-crew
DonHells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 23:04   #26
Cannon_Fodder

that was in response to a question if a member needed def...
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 00:15   #27
arbondigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp

I believe your answer to Don's question is yes...
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 03:37   #28
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

most, if not all, computers nowadays (for goddsakes!! its the 21st century and its 2005!!!) have default irc-based programs like microsoft chat, so you dont even have to download MIRC or other irc-supported softwares, some instances during the day when u cant access irc is acceptable, but no access to irc at all?!?? thats a little bit too jurassic, dont you think?

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 09:14   #29
fizzyxl
SiN

not really, as you know IRC works on certain ports, if your running behind a firewall which only accepts certain ips (such as the pcs on the network) then NO instance of IRC will work

believe me i even tried ip tunnelling but it still said no!
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 21:45   #30
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
I believe your answer to Don's question is yes...

so basically you would have to convicne non members not only to add members to their msn list but ALSO to have names telling you about defence,

if some1 asked me to have a dumbass msn name like tht i would be more than likely to say no, let alone add some random DC of some random alliance.....

irc still best

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 22:43   #31
arbondigo

hells i said that irc is better. If someone told me to add someone to msn and ask them for defence for them then i wouldn't do it.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 23:05   #32
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzyxl
not really, as you know IRC works on certain ports, if your running behind a firewall which only accepts certain ips (such as the pcs on the network) then NO instance of IRC will work

believe me i even tried ip tunnelling but it still said no!
all general default irc ports are not firewalled in ALL internet cafe's and should not be an issue on your home computer (if you have one) - most office/work establishments will block these ports so they could only use their own exclusive networked ports that are used by their servers for their own business use so its expected to have some Pa players to not be able to get on irc at work - but other than that, when not at work, theres no reason at all not to be able to get on irc

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 02:01   #33
Cannon_Fodder

you still dont get what im saying, my post was if a member of your alliance NOT a non member asked for def. This is the same principle as a person in your alliance asking for def on irc and some random person coming into your channel and asking for def, cleary i wasnt talking about the later circumstance...
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:34   #34
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
hells i said that irc is better. If someone told me to add someone to msn and ask them for defence for them then i wouldn't do it.

i know i was using what u said to make sure what i was thinking was rite, but apparently it wasnt, the thing was no way a flame @ u buddy

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 21:38   #35
arbondigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells
i know i was using what u said to make sure what i was thinking was rite, but apparently it wasnt, the thing was no way a flame @ u buddy
ok mate just making sure
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 23:57   #36
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

i hate flamers to much to do it myself

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC