User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Mar 2005, 18:51   #51
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The weird workings of pricing alcohol in bars/pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Maybe, just maybe, the reason you never have any money, as you showed so conclusively here and here is maybe because

I would suggest some lifestyle changes that mean you
a) Drink beer you can afford
b) Drink in places you can afford
c) Don't drink pointlessly 'look at me and my wild and dangerous drink that you also cannot afford.
d) Never, ever come back on GD asking for advice when you run out of money, as I will ban you like the little child that you are.
a) I can afford stella.
b) I can afford to go out to decent clubs, hence why I go there, if I couldnt I wouldnt step out of my house.
c) They serve two beers on tap one Red Stripe and one Stella, same price which would you choose?
d) I wont.

Finally I was not complaining about the price yes £3 is expensive but that wasnt the point, the point was im expected to pay £3 for a bottle when a pint is cheaper, if the bottle was cheaper then sure id willingingly pay. Im not one who genuinely complains, but it just pissed me off, bottles taste shit, draft tastes better and im expected to pay more for a shit tasting, less in ml bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Regarding customer complaints - it is obvious when someone has a genuine complaint and when someone is just being an ackward bastard. To me you were being an ackward bastard. If you are not willing to pay the going rate then go somewhere else. If you came into my restaurant and had a similar complaint I would not give you a free drink. I would tell you to leave.
youre probably right I was being an awkward bastard, what i perhaps shud of done is paid it and got over it, but then again if i went to your restaurant and complained, ye u might think im a ****, ye u might kick me out, but you will still think about what I said right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
come to think of it he DIDN'T post 'and then the girl said 'my hero' and we went back to her place for a night of wild bunnysex'

the girl was most likely unimpressed.
we didnt speak about it as she was too busy speaking to her friends, it didnt ruin the night and we proceded to have a good night out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cares
I'm not talking so much about expensive drinks as you can pay £10 for a coca cola and it be no better than a £1 glass, i'm talking about good drinks, a nice scotch or brandy, even a nice glass of champers. These arent the sort of drinks the everyday "10 pints down the pub" drinker will enjoy but if your willing to spend the money then your in for a treat.
maybe if i wanted a scotch then I would get one, but seeings as I WANTED a beer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zar
However im surprised the manager/supervisor didn't kick you out, or threaten to ban you for life. They're dicks that way.

Don't be surprised if the bouncers refuse to let you in anymore.
the guy was reasonable bloke, i did later apologise as did he, I also know the bouncers so doubt it would happen but who knows, i guess your right

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
What Rids said.

How on earth was this an issue for trading standards?
nfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dace
You argued with the staff in a pub/club?

You're asking for trouble.

The price is the price and if you don't like it don't go there *shrug*
very true, but ive never drank beer there, i dont mind high prices, but that just annoyed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryn
i can't believe he got away with it
same here

Anyway have a good couple of days gotta go back to uni tomoz hf all
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 23:23   #52
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

Finally I was not complaining about the price yes £3 is expensive but that wasnt the point, the point was im expected to pay £3 for a bottle when a pint is cheaper, if the bottle was cheaper then sure id willingingly pay. Im not one who genuinely complains, but it just pissed me off, bottles taste shit, draft tastes better and im expected to pay more for a shit tasting, less in ml bottle.
They buy the bloody pint that you prefer and stop bloody whinging about it!
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:12   #53
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I can't believe anyone pays this much for a pint. The most i've ever spent on one is £2:85 on a pint of guinness this st patrics day. I then wandered down the road and found a pub selling it for £2:40. Live and learn eh?
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:30   #54
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think i paid about £.50 for a pint once, i KNOW i have paid in excess of £4 for a bottle
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:34   #55
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

ive paid 5.70 for a drink before.

once.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:37   #56
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've been with someone who's paid £24 for 4 drinks before.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:41   #57
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its ****ing heartbreaking when you hand over a tenner for three drinks and the barmaid says 'and the rest'

(bear in mind that this was 5 years ago so prices were less anyway)
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:49   #58
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think my m8 paid £15 for two drinks in Fabric a couple years ago.

I laughed.

"at not with"
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:53   #59
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
youre probably right I was being an awkward bastard, what i perhaps shud of done is paid it and got over it, but then again if i went to your restaurant and complained, ye u might think im a ****, ye u might kick me out, but you will still think about what I said right?
I always think about what customers say and consider whether they have a valid point before acting. I have only once had a customer complaint about a pricing matter (basically he wasn't happy about the portion he recieved for the price being charged). As it happened I agreed with him, and had actually discussed it with my manager previously. All our portioning is laid down by head office to meet GP targets. The portion his since been increased while the price has remained unchanged. I do listen to customers but they are NOT always right.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote