User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:10   #1
Icewar
Destiny

Icewar can only hope to improve
Shuffle after Tick 72 by #Speedgame3 ?

Is it possible, to do an shuffle after tick 72 by the speedgame 3 ? By Speedgame 1 and 2, after the inactives are deleted, a few galaxys had only 1-4 players left, i think it`s more fun when we play with full galaxys !!!

Round 11 Bruderschaft (421)
Round 12 ARS - BC (376)
Round 13 IRON - HC /ToT(131)
Round 14 Reunion - xVx (112)
Round 15 xVx (183)
Round 16 xVx (212)
Round 17 xVx (149)
Round 18 xvx (211)
Round 19 VsN (73)
Round 20 VsN - DC (112)
Round 21 Wolfpack (66)
Round 22 ToT (158)
Round 23 Destiny (100)
Icewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:25   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shuffle after Tick 72 by #Speedgame3 ?

I agree but I think only galaxys with less than 5 players should get shuffled into galaxys that have less than 5 players tbh so we got more than 10 galaxys to attack but otherwise yes your right some poor guy left in on his own coz his gal left him for dust is a fair one.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:33   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Im not sure if they can even shuffle :s
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 14:47   #4
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I agree, a shuffle is essential otherwise there will be even less players (probably all the galaxies with 5 or fewer will just give up)
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:10   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

becuase this is a week long event with a start time suring europeans we will probably not delete inactives, only unused accounts. It is also not possible to do a shuffle.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:51   #6
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
becuase this is a week long event with a start time suring europeans we will probably not delete inactives, only unused accounts. It is also not possible to do a shuffle.

If that is the case?

Then would it be ok to create multiple accounts so that I can get one in a decent galaxy? <<joke btw>>

On a serious note, how about making exile costs 0 (if possible) then we can shuffle ourselves around untill we get a decent galaxy ?
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 15:57   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

then it wouldn;t be random

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:04   #8
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
then it wouldn;t be random

Being in a galaxy alone or with 2 or 3 people doesnt exactly make for a good chance of playing to any sort of decent level.

At least if we are allowed to selfexile for free (maybe put a restriction on the number of times) and that any exile will be to a galaxy with more players than the one you left it would allow some sort of shuffle, but with a degree of randomness?
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:11   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

no coding is going to be done

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:23   #10
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
no coding is going to be done

fair enuff.

I hope that the 10 players who manage to get in a galaxy together enjoy initiating roids, because if it stays the way it is with so few complete or near complete galaxies they will be doing nothing else for a week.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:58   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

ohw never mind just hope ppl in my gal will be active.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:15   #12
ThrillSeeker

ThrillSeeker can only hope to improve

Delete the inactives, and relocate the people that remain in smaller galaxies
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 18:16   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

there is still plenty of time until tick start for people to sign up, and we are definetly hoping for a high turn out

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 19:41   #14
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

and im hoping to get laid tonight.... wont happen either

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 20:39   #15
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

can there at elast be a shuffle before ticks start? cos htis is the 3rd day of signup and ive still got only 2 ppl in myy gal.... SG #1 i had 10 by the end of the 1st day of signup. n SG #2 was similar
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 21:24   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

there is no shuffler

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 12:18   #17
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waku
and im hoping to get laid tonight.... wont happen either
And you probably never will Hehehe

How you doin m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 12:43   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

god the spelling is atrocious here... there wont be a shuffle because there isnt coding for it and noone can/will code. Plus noone wants to do it by hand so your kinda stuck...
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 23:10   #19
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Running a 1-week speedgame with flying start and no shuffle? Oh gosh, cant wait O_o
The previous two speedgames have clearly shown that no shuffle = private gals.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 01:50   #20
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

No shuffle!! Great, im stuck with two inexperienced players, and I will probably be twated, even playing as Cathaar, because there will be no defence. The only saving grace here is that there are wave distorters that I can build as a means of reducing incommings...
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:02   #21
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
No shuffle!! Great, im stuck with two inexperienced players, and I will probably be twated, even playing as Cathaar, because there will be no defence. The only saving grace here is that there are wave distorters that I can build as a means of reducing incommings...
It's a free game stop moaning about it. You should be grateful that they're giving you the chance to have any sort of game anyway
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:20   #22
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
It's a free game stop moaning about it. You should be grateful that they're giving you the chance to have any sort of game anyway

I am grateful. However, I would like some other galaxy mates, otherwise the community aspect of the game in this sense would be unappealing. Unless you are one to like being in the same galaxy with only two other people?
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:28   #23
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I do find it annoying how I see some galaxies with 8 or 9 planets with 18 roids, and then another with 1 or 2, surrounded by some no-roiders.

However, I say, teach these people the game if they don't know it, teach them how to interact more with the community. Most speedgames I play are spent trying to bring new players into the community, as are my real rounds, however I am usually lucky enough to organise my galaxy well, or in the case of SG #1, I was gifted with a great galaxy already.

Do something good for the community in return for there being a game at all, let alone a free one.

In the case of the shuffle, do it manually like you did in r11, or at least merge the smaller gals so everyone haas at least 5 planets. (Don't split up the gals that currently stand though, it would just cause an unneccessary uproar).
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:51   #24
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
I am grateful. However, I would like some other galaxy mates, otherwise the community aspect of the game in this sense would be unappealing. Unless you are one to like being in the same galaxy with only two other people?
Well they did say that there won't be a shuffle before the game started. You aren't the only person in the situation you're in. At the end of the day it's a free game so use it to try out some stuff. If this happened to you in the paid game then fair enough complain, so would everybody else.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 02:54   #25
arbondigo

And it starts on Tuesday no? There's loads of time to get new people in your gal.
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 09:45   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Running a 1-week speedgame with flying start and no shuffle? Oh gosh, cant wait O_o
The previous two speedgames have clearly shown that no shuffle = private gals.
we have more starting gals this time, so the potential for private gals is removed

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 14 Feb 2005, 10:11   #27
Icewar
Destiny

Icewar can only hope to improve

but one question !!! I search on all galaxys. A lot of em has more then 6 members (10) and other Galaxys has only 1 or 2. I don`t believe, that at this time, some much new signups come up to fill all galaxys. And an other question: When u post the rules for that speedgame ? (Havoc Style/which style/Ressources etc. )

Round 11 Bruderschaft (421)
Round 12 ARS - BC (376)
Round 13 IRON - HC /ToT(131)
Round 14 Reunion - xVx (112)
Round 15 xVx (183)
Round 16 xVx (212)
Round 17 xVx (149)
Round 18 xvx (211)
Round 19 VsN (73)
Round 20 VsN - DC (112)
Round 21 Wolfpack (66)
Round 22 ToT (158)
Round 23 Destiny (100)
Icewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 14:19   #28
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

Yer, I wonder what the rules etc are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote