User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 07:46   #51
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Univeristy

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 09:36   #52
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

UFMG

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 10:12   #53
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

TU Eindhoven
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 10:12   #54
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts

I've had interviews at Oxford over the past few days, but I'm sure I've completely messed those up so I will probably go to Durham.
Ugly Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 10:32   #55
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
only impressions of Sheffield come from Bramel Lane, specifically that alleyway coming out, if everyone from Sheffield is like that lot I wouldn't go within 50 miles of it
Brammall Lane is quite shit. I don't like the blades or blades fans. All the decent Sheffield types support Wednesday to be honest. Sheffield United don't have anywhere near as much support.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 10:48   #56
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I've applied to Cambridge, Durham, King's College London, Sheffield and York.

Will probably end up going to York.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 10:52   #57
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
To those in Cardiff, what course are you doing/year are you in? I am First Year Business Admin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
2nd year Accounting and Economics student.

Nonentity is a first year studying law I think.
Yep.
I have a friend doing Accounting/Business and Management or something, can never remember.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 11:13   #58
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Manchester (metropolitan), history and sociology.

and thanks to my degree, i havent slept all night as i was doing a 2000 and a 3000 word essay

at least its good practice for the night before my dissertation is due in
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 12:28   #59
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Ste: The reason I wasn't too keen on Sheffield is the distance from my home (London), and I just preferred Cardiff, from what I saw of it its very nice.

My brother went to Sheffield and said it was a great place to be, although he got mugged quite alot, which put me off
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 12:40   #60
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.port.ac.uk
http://www.bristol.ac.uk

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 13:06   #61
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol, studying Physics and Philosophy.

Dropped out of Queen's Belfast last year.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 13:36   #62
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Did my undergraduate at Exeter, doing my postgraduate (PGCE) at Exeter.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 14:26   #63
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Ste: The reason I wasn't too keen on Sheffield is the distance from my home (London), and I just preferred Cardiff, from what I saw of it its very nice.

My brother went to Sheffield and said it was a great place to be, although he got mugged quite alot, which put me off
It's only 2 hours away from London... £1 on the bus!

Sheffield is actually the safest city in the country - statistically safer than Devon and Cornwall! (Home Office figures)

But it's all down to the vibe you get from a city - If Cardiff clicked for you then that's your best bet
(just don't choose Leeds over Sheffield )

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 16:57   #64
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

The University of Hull in the sunny North-East of England.
Double extra points if you can remember the bit in Black Adder where he uses Hull to deduce that his girlfriend was probably a German spy.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:07   #65
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
University of Surrey doing Economics.

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/

I've only been out in Leeds once, it seemed a good city, to be honest I doubt there's much to choose between it and Cardiff, I've always found Cardiff a good night out, only impressions of Sheffield come from Bramel Lane, specifically that alleyway coming out, if everyone from Sheffield is like that lot I wouldn't go within 50 miles of it

Haha, they always seem to storm out of the pub on the corner in a bad mood too, cant think of the pubs name, it always has a nice big 'no away supporters' sign up tho!
I think the hoolies are banned now tho, certainly the police had them well under control last season when we beat them with 10 men

Sheffied Uni's problem is its not a campus and its not in the North East either

haha

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:15   #66
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
The University of Hull in the sunny North-East of England.
Double extra points if you can remember the bit in Black Adder where he uses Hull to deduce that his girlfriend was probably a German spy.
Oh Edmund, I thought there was something beautiful between us, I thought you loved me.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 15 Dec 2004 at 18:28.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:17   #67
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Oh Edumund, I thought there was something beautiful between us, I thought you loved me.
Congratulations... you win. Nodrog.
[edit] Nothing changed to Nodrog for potential comedy effect.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:23   #68
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
University of Central Lancashire

www.uclan.ac.uk

(BSc Computing (forensics))
Do you know someone called John Thompson?
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:29   #69
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I go to Univeristy of Wales, Aberystwyth

JammyJim does too and he's homo, but I'm not.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:43   #70
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

University of Nijmegen, only for a year though.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:09   #71
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

Applied for Cardiff, Loughborough, Exeter, Gloucestershire, Kingston and Oxford Brookes. I have offers from Cardiff, Loughborough, Gloucestershire and Kingston, still waiting on the other 2. Its looking likely that Cardiff will be my #1 with Gloucestershire being my insurance, wanted to put loughborough as insurance but they want the same as cardiff.

Oh and I'm going to study Business Management

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:27   #72
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

I went to Swansea Univeristy and I studied Internet and mobile Communications Technology .
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:41   #73
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Univeristy

Hull is not in the North East.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:49   #74
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG
Applied for Cardiff, Loughborough, Exeter, Gloucestershire, Kingston and Oxford Brookes. I have offers from Cardiff, Loughborough, Gloucestershire and Kingston, still waiting on the other 2. Its looking likely that Cardiff will be my #1 with Gloucestershire being my insurance, wanted to put loughborough as insurance but they want the same as cardiff.

Oh and I'm going to study Business Management
I did Business (and) Management at Exeter. It's a nice uni <3
Out of those choices I'd go for Cardiff or Exeter.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:50   #75
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
Sheffied Uni's problem is its not a campus and its not in the North East either
I'd consider both to be good things.

Campus uni's are all well and good in the first year. But second? where you gonna live ay? In Nottingham the student areas are shitty areas with high crime rates that are a bus ride away from campus.
Warwick and Loughborough are both small places with nothing to do off campus. and with Warwick you're miles away from anywhere anyway!
Living on Campus is like being in a twilight zone - you only ever see more students. No real people. And generally you're a way out of the city so it takes a lot of effort to do anything off-campus.

Sheffield uni is pretty much all in one big area anyway. (except nursing and medicine...) 5 mins walk from the city centre. The student areas are in the nicest parts of the city, 15 mins walk from the union. The halls are a bit further out ( 20-30 mins walk max if you're slow) but they've got there own little campus bit anyway.

I'm waiting for Stew to come and agree with me here...
Thinking non-academically (because obviously other uni's are better for certain courses) it is the best uni in the country

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 18:57   #76
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
In Nottingham the student areas are shitty areas with high crime rates that are a bus ride away from campus.
The 3 main areas for students at Nottingham uni are Lenton, Dunkirk and Beeston. I've lived in all 3 and have never caught a bus to uni. I normally cycle in which takes me about 10 minutes. Only fat lazy people would catch a bus in when they should be taking a walk to get a bit of exercise.

I like having everything on one campus but i've never been to a non-campus uni so i've no idea if i would like that any more or less.

P.S. Do Sheff uni pay you comission?
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 19:00   #77
Ste
Bored

a 10 minute cycle is quite a long way!
I can walk to my union in 10 mins from my house.
EDIT they should do
I get £15 and free buffet lunch for doing a 10 minute presentation and about an hour chatting with the students.

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 19:33   #78
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nottingham City Centre seems to be a place crawling with scum from my 3 visits to the city.

Sheffield was quite nice though.

Leicester's is plain ZzZzzzZZzzZzzZ.

Brum CC kicks the crap out of all 3 imo.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 19:37   #79
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste

Sheffield uni is pretty much all in one big area anyway. (except nursing and medicine...) 5 mins walk from the city centre. The student areas are in the nicest parts of the city, 15 mins walk from the union. The halls are a bit further out ( 20-30 mins walk max if you're slow) but they've got there own little campus bit anyway.
are you mad? one of my mates went to sheffield and they put him in accomodation next to a secure young offenders institute
then in his second year he got his car nicked (at least they didnt burn the car though, only stole his wheels after joyriding all his petrol away, considerate of them!)

uni wise manchester is the place to go, always has been always will be (RIP UMIST though )
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 19:44   #80
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I did Business (and) Management at Exeter. It's a nice uni <3
Out of those choices I'd go for Cardiff or Exeter.
It's too close, I only put it in to fill up my choices

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 19:48   #81
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went here : http://www.qmul.ac.uk/

I now go here : http://www.lse.ac.uk
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 19:55   #82
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

Unlikely but Nonentity do you know a guy called Mike from Loughborough who does first year law?
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 20:22   #83
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

www.stir.ac.uk

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 20:26   #84
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Unlikely but Nonentity do you know a guy called Mike from Loughborough who does first year law?

Well, I do know a guy called Mike who is 44 years old, has long greasy hair, works in a mechanised-toy factory, never had a girlfriend, likes to dig holes and spend a lot of time in theme-parks.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 20:41   #85
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Nottingham City Centre seems to be a place crawling with scum from my 3 visits to the city.

Sheffield was quite nice though.

Leicester's is plain ZzZzzzZZzzZzzZ.

Brum CC kicks the crap out of all 3 imo.
As someone who has been out in most major cities in the country theres only really one, which is the best and its Birmingham (I come from there but its the truth) it caters for all tastes in music, it has the most strip clubs in the country, Broad street has loads of clubs and bars, women are fit, clubs are open till 3am, and possibly the most important factor which people dont think about when going to a city to live, is the people. The people are friendly, and they dont look down on students, where as if u go to other cities, you cant mingle with the locals, as ure a studen or ull get ure head kicked in. Seriously Birmingham is the best city in the country, the University is very good too.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 20:51   #86
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
There's about 250 people doing law, and I know 1/8 of those. Sorry, but nope....
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 20:54   #87
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Fontys Hogeschool Venlo, Netherlands
Comparable to your British old technopoly stuff (or whatever it was called) or "new-style universities" as I've heard.
Done computer engineering/informatics there.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 23:20   #88
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve

I'm currently looking at uni's for Sport orientated studies although i have no idea what i'd like to study. Both Sheffield and Cardiff are both in my mind (my sis went to cardiff and my bro is at sheffield in final year) and they have both good memories of the places so both sound very good to go to.
Any ideas/info about sport study type of things would be appricated :xmas:
#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 23:26   #89
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If you want to do anything sports related Loughborough is the place to be.
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 23:47   #90
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i'm looking at going to either Portsmouth or Hull, or possibly Greenwich (unlikly though, don't particularly want to live in london) to do Computer Games Technology/ Comp Sci with Games Development/ whatever greenwich call their course
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 00:41   #91
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
As someone who has been out in most major cities in the country theres only really one, which is the best and its Birmingham (I come from there but its the truth) it caters for all tastes in music, it has the most strip clubs in the country, Broad street has loads of clubs and bars, women are fit, clubs are open till 3am, and possibly the most important factor which people dont think about when going to a city to live, is the people. The people are friendly, and they dont look down on students, where as if u go to other cities, you cant mingle with the locals, as ure a studen or ull get ure head kicked in. Seriously Birmingham is the best city in the country, the University is very good too.

You obviously haven't been out in Glasgow.

Glasgow is the best place to go out in Britain (id maybe even say the world).

So much choice and everything's very close to each other (unlike ****ing london)
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 00:59   #92
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

not yet, ive only heard good things about it, but i hate london, i like leeds and newcastle, LOVE birmingham (my hometown etc) but what strikes me, is the fact that has anyone noticed how there are fashionable unis to go too?

When I was applying it was

Leeds and Nottingham

now it seems to be Sheffield and Cardiff

as well as that going back to the how good is sheffield argument, tbh you have two shit football clubs, a deprived economy, and you dont have a campus, your halls arent close to the uni (in my first year I fell out of bed and into my lectures) and if you were gonna go to a uni in yorkshire go to Leeds, a lot nicer and a better nightlife imo. Yes i have been out in Sheffield, but seriously there are other great unis out there, sometimes places are so hyped (like Sheffield) that they cant live up to there reputation.

My university is University of Kent, Canterbury. The reason why I chose it was down to a few factors

A) Campus Uni (Guarenteed Accomodation on campus first year and final year if you wanted it)
B) 6 Bars on Campus, and a 3 storey Nightclub on campus
C) Beautful place
D) Having two unis, in a small city, means its practically all students
E) A shitload of pubs and i mean a shitload where I live which is city centre, I have 4 pubs each within 100m walking distance of myself (this is typical in canterbury)
F) Loadsa foreign students makes the place multi-cultural and gets away from the "WE ARE STUDENTS LETS GET HAMMERED AND LOOK LIKE TWATS MENTALLITY"
G) Its in the south, Ive lived in the "North" so thought id give it a try
H) It has cool bars, pubs and clubs catering all tastes, atm im into jazz ergo go to a jazz pub/club
I) I feel 100% safe, no mugging, robberys rarely occur, what makes the news here is "An old man died in his sleep last nite"
J) I come from Birmingham, a big awesome city, I enjoy it half the year, the other half in a relatively relaxed quiet life
K) The summers here are hot, and being a campus the place is full of energy, thats what I often find with non campus unis, a lack of energy, ppl dont really have a place to gravitate...
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 02:02   #93
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

i go here: http://www.fu-berlin.de

this is a part of it: http://physik.fu-berlin.de/de:w/port...ysik2c_old.jpg
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 02:04   #94
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If you want to do anything sports related Loughborough is the place to be.
Only prob being that if you want to do anything sports relate you have to either be exceptional at a sport to get in, otherwise the grades you need can be on par with Cambridge or Oxford as the courses are so popular. They accepted me though
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 02:06   #95
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
lalala
Only good thing about Canterbury is, as you said, the amount of bars in the city centre. And that it's on the main rail line to London. Other than that it's like what most of Kent has become over the last decade, a chav mecca.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 02:30   #96
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Only good thing about Canterbury is, as you said, the amount of bars in the city centre. And that it's on the main rail line to London. Other than that it's like what most of Kent has become over the last decade, a chav mecca.
tbh I disaggree, if you havent left your house lately you will notice that the whole of Britain is a "chav mecca", however im not a snob so some tennage twats dont really bother me, as I know ill kick there head in if they ever wanted to start summet. It is very much a student and multicultural city, and this is down to the two universities there, an Art College and a normal FE college, very much you can feel this.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 06:51   #97
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
i'm looking at going to either Portsmouth or Hull, or possibly Greenwich (unlikly though, don't particularly want to live in london) to do Computer Games Technology/ Comp Sci with Games Development/ whatever greenwich call their course
Is Pompey Uni actually decent i've only walked past it on several occasions during my existence.

Of course it is in Portsmouth, which can either be a very good or a very bad thing.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 12:22   #98
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
are you mad? one of my mates went to sheffield and they put him in accomodation next to a secure young offenders institute
then in his second year he got his car nicked (at least they didnt burn the car though, only stole his wheels after joyriding all his petrol away, considerate of them!)
Young offenders institute? Not around any of the Sheffield Uni halls.
Maybe you're thinking Hallam.

Oh and while Sheffield uni has some of the best sports facilities in the country.
Quote:
Sports facilities rating in Sunday Times University Guide 2003
1st equal
Sports science isn't a subject studied here. Hallam do it though

Unread 16 Dec 2004, 12:32   #99
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
as well as that going back to the how good is sheffield argument, tbh you have two shit football clubs, a deprived economy, and you dont have a campus, your halls arent close to the uni (in my first year I fell out of bed and into my lectures) and if you were gonna go to a uni in yorkshire go to Leeds, a lot nicer and a better nightlife imo. Yes i have been out in Sheffield, but seriously there are other great unis out there, sometimes places are so hyped (like Sheffield) that they cant live up to there reputation.
What does the greatness of the football clubs have to do with the uni?
It's better than Nottingham, Leeds, Cardiff and most other places in the country.
Sheffield is one hour away from: Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham. Ideally placed imo.
Deprived economy? Does that make a difference to students? It makes everything cheaper. Which is good.
I like the fact it's not a campus for reasons i've explained earlier.
Halls aren't too close, but how long did it take you to get to uni in the second and third year?
You can live in flats literally opposite the department you're in if you want to anyway.

Leeds is definately not nicer. Much higher crime rate especially against students. (Hyde park fs) and the Student union is nowhere near as good.
Can't comment on the Leeds nightlife though.

I think the biggest show of whether Sheffield lives up to it's reputation is looking at the Dropout rate:
Quote:
Dropout rate (young first degree students not completing their studies after year one)
2%
3rd (after Oxford and Cambridge)
The only problem with Sheffield is the hills but my arse and thighs are now very toned

Unread 16 Dec 2004, 12:41   #100
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Another Aberystwyth Student here.
Applied to Plymouth, York, Birmingham, Kent and Luton (home town uni - its a shite hole do not go anywhere near it - should fold in a couple of years!)
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote