User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 11:58   #1
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Erinyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb NEW ALLIANCE: Unforgiven Sin

Unforgiven Sin is a brand new alliance (So new it can’t be created until tick 722! lol).

As an alliance we believe in Honour and Loyalty. We also believe in protecting its members to the full. This means that if attacked we will send what ever defence we can, we will also Hitlist the player who attacked you for immediate or later retaliation attacks.

We are currently accepting applications from anyone who is willing to join. That means any race, any timezone, even paid and unpaid accounts! All we ask is that member are as active as they can be, take part in attacks and offer defence whenever needed.

As we are a new alliance positions are easy to come by, as long as you are friendly and willing to help the alliance advance and grow.

Unfortunately we do not currently have our own registered irc channel, however we do have our own forum to members AND non-members to come and chat, discuss attacks, ask for defence etc. This can be found at s3.invisionfree.com/unforgivensin

Our goal is to evolve and grow into an alliance full of active, keen and dedicated players. If this sounds good to you why not sign up?

If you have any questions visit our forum and we can discuss things there.

Last edited by Erinyes; 10 Nov 2004 at 15:54.
Erinyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 12:03   #2
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Re: NEW ALLIANCE: Unforgiven Sin

furies my ass.... multiple personality problems?
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 14:03   #3
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

good luck, though get rid of those stupid bananas
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 14:56   #4
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Thanks, hope it kicks off and becomes a good stong alliance.

Whats wrong with the funky bananas? lol
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 15:06   #5
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

They make you look noobish
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 15:16   #6
Amnesia
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Amnesia is an unknown quantity at this point

SiN is no way connected to those dancing bananas. We have always crusaded against the use of them in threads. I can just hope this doesn't reflect on SiN badly, this is obviously another sin with no connections to SiN

(what a bunch o bananas can cause!)
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 15:54   #7
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Thank you Amnesia, I would also like to confirm that we are not related to SiN in any way shape or form. The name derives from my band name. Sorry if this may cause any confusion.

dancing bananas have left the building, just thought they would and a bit of light-heartedness to the thread but obviously didnt work! lol

I'd like to point out that i am no n00b. I have played many rounds and have climbed the ladder of many successful alliances.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 16:01   #8
arbondigo

Care to inform us of these succesful alliances and indeed your playing history? Will only help your cause...
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 16:40   #9
Tippity
IronLegion Minister of Wa

Tippity is an unknown quantity at this point

Erinyes i'd like to say good luck to you and your alliance, i wish you the best - i like the way you took most of what you said straight from ironlegion lol - nah kidding, good luck, we miss ya
Tippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 16:46   #10
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

I first started back in round 2 as a casual play and was part of the angel alliance i believe it was called (It was a long time ago and my memory is very fuzzy!). I stayed with this alliance until round 4 when i gave up playing the game for a while. I then redescovered the game mid way through round 6 and continued playing in a social alliance until round the end of the round.
I was then a part of another social alliance theoughout round 7 & 9 where i progressed to 2nd in command and basically ran the alliance (the 1IC wasn't very good and became very inactive).
Then i stopped playing once again until round 11 where I joined a serious alliance known as Iron Legion. I rose through the ranks very quickly and made it to deputy MoW (about 4th in command with the stucture they had). In this alliance i recently restctured the alliance to help solve some of the communication and inactivity issues that were beginning to arise.
I left them yesterday to try starting my own alliance as I was becomming increasingly bored, and slightly annoyed at where the alliance was heading.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 16:49   #11
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

did i?! lol. Thanks Tippity, just shows i've been with you guys too long! your ethics have rubbed off on me!
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 19:56   #12
Tippity
IronLegion Minister of Wa

Tippity is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe... awwww you didn't like where we were heading hehe - look forward to seeing you guys up there at the top soon giving us a bit of competition
Tippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 10:11   #13
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

No offence Tippity, but we both know what was happening in the alliance at the time and that with a lack of participation on the attacks etc I though it would be a good time to make the move.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 11:53   #14
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

good luck...i too delved the waters of my own alliance...hope you have more success than i did

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:40   #15
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Thanks Mek. The support is much appriciated.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 14:54   #16
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinyes
Thanks Mek. The support is much appriciated.
no problems m8... nice to see more people bringing newer alliances to the game

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:00   #17
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Good luck. I'm sure you could have come up with something better for an alliance name though... I mean, Sin is quite well used now :P

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:12   #18
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Thank you Exode. I am well aware that the word Sin has been used countless times in the past, as have may other words. As I have stated previously it was taken from the name of my band, which has been around longer that PA. I am not trying to copy SiN or any other alliance with Sin in their name, I'm mearly taking the name of my band and turning it into an alliance
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 01:20   #19
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Created in tick 723, Unforgiven Sin is now recruiting.

(Sorry if there is a delay on accepting applications over the weekend but I am away all Saturday and Sunday morning.)
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 13:06   #20
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

I'm now back from my weekend away. Now recruiting in full force, if you need any further info on the alliance please mail me through the external forum s3.invisionfree.com/unforgivensin.
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 16:24   #21
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

We are on the up and now at position 45. We are still looking for new members so if you want to join a new alliance that is rising fast sign up now!
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 16:49   #22
arbondigo

Do you really need to bump this thread every single day?? People will read it without you posting in it all the time. These constant "updates" makes it seem like you're a tad desperate, though i suppose you are.
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 17:23   #23
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

I dont consider it bumping the topic and i'm fully aware that people will read it without me posting. All i'm doing is keeping people updated. The last posts i made were to state that the alliance was up and running but would be slow on acepting aplications because I was going away. the next one was to tell everyone that I was back and things would be running as normal and the last one was to say that we are growing well and that it was no longer one man and nothing more.

And just a question, what exactly do you do all day? all you ever seem to do is post crap in threads where people are trying to promote thier new alliances. Do you not have anything better to do than try and insult peoples new alliances?
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 17:28   #24
arbondigo

Nope
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 16:28   #25
Relisys

Relisys is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't surprise me that yet again arbondigo is abusing people...shame we dont know his co-ords..he'd be smashed
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 16:47   #26
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relisys
It doesn't surprise me that yet again arbondigo is abusing people...shame we dont know his co-ords..he'd be smashed
He isn't abusing people - he is trying to teach this guy how not to p*** people off by bumping the thread

Secondly, even if you did know his co-ords, you couldn't smash him.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 17:17   #27
Relisys

i beg to differ
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 17:22   #28
Relisys

although what he maybe trying to do is constructive in his eyes, it really isn't in others...why not let new people start their own alliance...they may not know how to run one as efficiently as LCH ot 1UP to name a few...but he's here for the same reason as everyone else should be..to have a laugh...sometimes PA is far to serious...people's lives evolve around the stupid thing...they cant have a social life outside of it because they get kicked ou of gals and alliances for being inactive..so if logging in 2 times a day is inactive then half o PA'S Gamers are inactive...i would just like to see more people having fun in the game thats why I will not be participating next round...far too much time is required to be a great player + you have to be lucky and get in a half decent galaxy,i am going to stop mumbling on now.
Enjoy the rest of the round guys...
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 17:40   #29
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
although what he maybe trying to do is constructive in his eyes, it really isn't in others...
The same could be said for "keeping people updated".

Quote:
why not let new people start their own alliance...
We are, and encourage it, hence why various people such as Cayl have written guides on how to actually run a successful alliance.

Yes, it is true that PA requires alot of time and effort to win, but if all you are here for is fun, then thats awesome too. Sure you might get raped and pillaged every day, which is why you make alliances and private galaxies - to reduce the chances of that happening, however, these are forums, NOT the game, and it can be incredibly annoying to be alerted to a new post in a thread that you've read before and contains nothing new.

On a final note, don't quit the game. Join a galaxy and an alliance with your friends, who don't mind if you are inactive.
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 18:19   #30
arbondigo

Quote:
although what he maybe trying to do is constructive in his eyes, it really isn't in others...
So telling people how to improve their thread and increasing the likelyhood of getting members isn't constructive is it?

Quote:
they may not know how to run one as efficiently as LCH ot 1UP to name a few
Yep, and no one's telling them how to run their own alliance, just how to improve their thread so that they can get more members to join then. See the difference between the 2? I doubt that you will seeing most of your posts.

Quote:
people's lives evolve around the stupid thing...they cant have a social life outside of it because they get kicked ou of gals and alliances for being inactive
Yeh some people play to win, though that doesn't stop people from having a social life. When i used to play this game seriously i still had time to go out to the pub, and so do the serious players and i'm sure that most still do.

Quote:
so if logging in 2 times a day is inactive then half o PA'S Gamers are inactive
Going on the basis here that you mean log in, see there's no incoming, build some ships and log out again with 2mins, then yes i would call that inactive too.

Quote:
far too much time is required to be a great player + you have to be lucky and get in a half decent galaxy
A lot of time is needed to be a good player, you have to be awake pretty much every night until the early hours. Some people are prepared to do that and others aren't, that's their choice. Landing in a good gal helps too. Don't know if you went random or not, but if i was a member of a small alliance i wouldn't join in a buddy pack consisting solely of your members. I'd be inclined to go random and hopefully get a buddy pack consisting of active players from the top alliances.

Quote:
Abusing people eh? He constantly bumped his thread with needless "updates". I'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one who was annoyed by this. As for your alliance, i've said exactly the same to you as i have to this guy. That being that he should read the sticky at the top of the thread and start the thread over again. I've asked questions to him which i felt would help him to get his alliance across and he answered them. You on the other hand decided to ignore it all, which is fair enough, but to claim that i abuse people is wrong, and also claiming to tell you how to run your alliance is also wrong. And try and smash me, i'm sure you and your 300k planet would do a lot to mine
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 12:48   #31
Relisys

hehe, i have more fun in here than in the game...
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 13:43   #32
The Real Arfy

Who doesn't!? The game of PA imo is crap, and is only made fun by playing as a team, hence why we want your alliances to be more successful
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 14:40   #33
Relisys

They should make gals 100% private..no randoms...
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 15:12   #34
arbondigo

And if they did that, then the smaller alliances would make a gal consisting of purely their alliance. If they get hit badly that will virtually bring an end to most of those alliances a lot quicker than if it was random.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 16:27   #35
Relisys

maybe but it would be more fun having active gals and ppl you get on well with etc...
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 16:40   #36
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin is a brand new alliance (So new it can’t be created until tick 722! lol).

As an alliance we believe in Honour and Loyalty.
How original.

Good luck, though.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 17:48   #37
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

good luck guys, hope to see you at the top soon
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 17:50   #38
arbondigo

Quote:
maybe but it would be more fun having active gals and ppl you get on well with etc...
Then why not go random and then you're guaranteed an active buddy pack? Active gal, get to know your gal mates, get to know other alliances and maybe even get into one of those better alliances.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 18:58   #39
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Then why not go random and then you're guaranteed an active buddy pack? Active gal, get to know your gal mates, get to know other alliances and maybe even get into one of those better alliances.
I wouldn't have said that. More alliances can only be good for the game imo, and although I agree with getting some strong, experienced galmates, do it to make contacts and learn more about the fluidity of the game's politics and such, and then you should be ready to kick some ass with your alliance mates.

(After reading Cayl's sticky ofc)
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 10:20   #40
Relisys

cheers lads...
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 11:57   #41
StarSeer
That Random Guy

StarSeer is an unknown quantity at this point

is SIN still active within this round ?

"Beware of all Enterprises that Require New Clothes"
StarSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 13:04   #42
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

I assume so but I really wouldn't know. Why don't you take yourself to their thread and ask there. I'm sure they'll be able to give you a better answer that a totally unrelated alliance!