User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 12:39   #1
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Reduce gal size

With the current gaming commuity dwindling/dying and this latest shuffle making this suggestion pretty obvious here is a controversial option.

Have buddy packs of no more than 3 and a galaxy size of 5 or 3.

Then should shuffles happen in the future then galaxies won't be crippled so badly by being 5 players down or so. It levels the field out a bit and gets you thinking and working as a team even more.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:29   #2
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
Re: Reduce gal size

pros - makes the game look larger
Easier to attack as less defence
cons - 1 random who is a n00b would stuff you up
less active players would affect the chance of defence more
will make the active, less active player score split larger as only inactives will be hit, and then smashed into nothing

Cm
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:34   #3
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Yeah I do agree with you.

I must admit this is one of my suggestions that was meant to provoke an interest as its not something I agree on, just something that fell in my head :-) Its a radical change and has potential but I'm not sure about it myself :-)

Anyways, as idea representative I am supposed to argue with you, but my brain hurts :-(

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:37   #4
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

The only reason you're suggesting this is because of the problems, predominatly your problem, with the shuffle this round. Think this, and indeed your ideas in general, through and i think you'll realise the problems this idea will incur. 5 men galaxies? It would be much more easier for an alliance to target your galaxy with the aim of completely ending your round where you have no hope of getting back into it at all. As mayhem mentioned, if you have 1 or 2 inactives then you're well and truly screwed.
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 02:18   #5
Ferretus
ARS HQ

OH PLEASEEEEEEEE. This is not about me. I'm not sure if you find me attractive or something and want to know as much about me as possible, not sure, anyway I'm not interested. I'm flattered really, but no.

Galaxies were orignally 25 from what I remember and were reduced to reflect a reduction in players. There is a distinct possibilty that 5 man galaxies will become a reality leading more influence away from the gal to the alliance (which is bad) again. When you can count the amount of players in the game being on a 1:1 scale of a 1st year students overdraft facility things like this perhaps should be considered.

Unread 24 Oct 2004, 02:24   #6
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Every single suggestion you've made has involved this shuffle, which you've admitted has affected you badly. Now i'm a student, a finalist, and i'm in shitloads of debt like just about every other student out there. £5-10 is NOT going to bankrupt you nor anyone else. That's not to say that i wouldn't like PA to be free again as i would, and so would everybody else, but the truth of the matter is that's not likely to happen in the foreseeable future as Jolt have stated before.

Galaxies with 5 people in it will probably be the end of the game for good. Who would play in a universe where the gals were that size? There would be very little fun in that. When the gals had 25 members it was a lot more fun, and alliances weren't as important as they are nowadays. With 10 in the gal you still need a decent alliance to support you if you wanted to do well, with 5 in a gal, well i think that would be the end of PA if it got to that.
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 12:08   #7
Ferretus
ARS HQ

I wasn't talking about students, I was saying that there are not many players in the game compared to what there was. It was a bad analogy.

I make many suggestions, mainly on the private forums as the public ones are full of noobs. This one does not involve the shuffle.

"Galaxies with 5 people in it will probably be the end of the game for good"
I seem to remember people said the same thing back then too. The fact of the matter is, if 10 man galaxies cannot be filled then the galaxy or universe must be reduced. Simple mathematics.

Unread 21 Nov 2004, 15:13   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

next round gal setup has been decided and it will hopefully be a solid base for future rounds.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread