User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2016, 16:45   #401
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: r67 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Given it is clearly a gray area I rather hope they would have been warned first rather than simply closed if the mh were to decide they counted the strategy as farming.
Well there is a higher biasedness in the MH team.
If carDi did this, he wouldve been closed.
But since Benneh and Mz are both PA staff, they get away with murder.

Appocomaster has announced the change of the new PA rules, that there is no farming unless you are admitting too it, and Ace has confirmed that is put into place.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2016, 17:37   #402
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well there is a higher biasedness in the MH team.
If carDi did this, he wouldve been closed.
But since Benneh and Mz are both PA staff, they get away with murder.

Appocomaster has announced the change of the new PA rules, that there is no farming unless you are admitting too it, and Ace has confirmed that is put into place.

Are you seriously counting #support as PA team?

Where is Appocomasters official rule change announcement?

Where is Aces confirmation?

Links please
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2016, 17:57   #403
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Are you seriously counting #support as PA team?

Where is Appocomasters official rule change announcement?

Where is Aces confirmation?

Links please
Go ask them what it takes to get closed for farming.
Written evidence. Attacking isnt illegale.

And yes, i regard support as apart of the PA staff.

Unread 9 Jul 2016, 18:28   #404
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

You lot seem to whine about any change in the game.

Galaxy Fund. Wee wee it's being abused.

Defensive Stats? Wee wee it's too forted can barely land.

Ok then Offensive stats! Wee wee players abusing XP. CT and Ultores obviously has a deal to farm each other.

Alliance Fleets to help you sleep! Wee wee :-( I can't land, even though I use this feature myself.

I want to be involved in this game still so I'll play a defence planet. Wee wee :'( it's cheating and abusing the system. Close them pls.

I'm bored so I'll try something new and one ship defend. Wee wee, it's being abused because he's not attacking and his galaxy mates are obviously cheating because they're initiating when they get roided down to 50 roids.

And not to mention that whenever an alliance wins, you lot discount that as a win and find multiple reasons as to why they don't deserve it.

Whine whine, wee wee. The degree of patheticism is just laughable.

Let's all just stick to the 2001 way of playing. Launch, scan, calc, recall and REPEAT. Because new strategies and ways of playing isn't welcome as the forum police says so.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2016, 18:35   #405
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
You lot seem to whine about any change in the game.

Galaxy Fund. Wee wee it's being abused.

Defensive Stats? Wee wee it's too forted can barely land.

Ok then Offensive stats! Wee wee players abusing XP. CT and Ultores obviously has a deal to farm each other.

Alliance Fleets To Help You Sleep! Wee wee :-( I can't land, even though I use this feature myself.

I want to be involved in this game still so I'll play a defence planet. Wee wee :'( it's cheating and abusing the system. Close them pls.

I'm bored so I'll try something new and one ship defend. Wee wee, it's being abused because he's not attacking and his galaxy mates are obviously cheating because they're initiating when they get roided down to 50 roids.

And not to mention that whenever an alliance wins, you lot discount that as a win and find multiple reasons as to why they don't deserve it.

Whine whine, wee wee. The degree of patheticism is just laughable.

Let's all just stick to the 2001 way of playing. Launch, scan, calc, recall and REPEAT. Because new strategies and ways of playing isn't welcome as the forum police says so.

Nice try.
If it was that he did manage to get XP by normal defending, fine.
The issue is:

1. People have been closed for initiating roids and not defend them before.
2. People have been closed for hitting the same planet who dont defend himself before.
3. People have been closed for being support planets for a galaxy or alliance before(im sure thats what happend to all the planets that attacked with you the other round?)
4. People have been closed for donating salvage before

Have people been closed for donating XP before? Apparently _NO_

Lets change the rules as we see fit, and lets do it all on the fly and by gut feeling.

LONG LIVE EMPEROR ACE!

Unread 9 Jul 2016, 19:32   #406
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nice try.
If it was that he did manage to get XP by normal defending, fine.
The issue is:

1. People have been closed for initiating roids and not defend them before.
2. People have been closed for hitting the same planet who dont defend himself before.
3. People have been closed for being support planets for a galaxy or alliance before(im sure thats what happend to all the planets that attacked with you the other round?)
4. People have been closed for donating salvage before

Have people been closed for donating XP before? Apparently _NO_

Lets change the rules as we see fit, and lets do it all on the fly and by gut feeling.

LONG LIVE EMPEROR ACE!
1. Who?
2. Who?
3. Who?
4. Who?

Just saying 'someone was' doesn't mean it happened, I can say here that it's outrageous that Golan wasn't closed when 'someone was closed' for flashing his dinkle once, doesn't mean it's true just cos it is written on the forums.

As I can see from your reply there has been no rule change and you were just proclaiming untruths again. Did you ever stop emoing and think maybe the mh team actually did there job, and didn't find enough ACTUAL evidence to close any of them. Just because YOU think the rules have been broken doesn't mean they actually have
Unread 10 Jul 2016, 12:09   #407
0ffmind
MG/BR

0ffmind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Glad these words are spoken from a bunch of people that has colluded several rounds. Cooperating accross tags (brazilians), and ruined things for some alliances by refusing to hitting other brazilians in other tags.. then leaving etc... Speak of cheaters?

"words spoken from a bunch of people"? Nope, they're my words, this generalization is an awful thing to do buddy.
Besides, anything any br did in the past compares to this sht. We never gave up playing pa to win, we always fight.

In what world avoiding hit your friends can be compared to anything that has been done this round so far?

Even the sht u norse did to win cant be compared (and u want to point fingers cause of asgard? Really), cause at least u guys were playing PA!

But what do i know, im just a random noob, it was only my personnal view of the case, i intented to post cause i guess many ppl shares my point of view.

Clouds, this def xp whoring aint "trying something new", all other options u listed envolves ally play, war, resuming, u play pa. They're not playing as def planets cause they're not actually defending the roids of his mates or ally or anything like that....they gave up playing the game to abuse it. I really dont care if is legal or not. They werent playing the same game as everyone. Please stop trying to defend em, u dont need that.

Best Ranks: #35 - R67 - #67 - R69
Top Gal R76

BR CREW
0ffmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 01:52   #408
Gen_Chaos

Gen_Chaos will become famous soon enoughGen_Chaos will become famous soon enough

The only comment I'd like to make about 3:4 is two-fold-- I think they made a good point about a bad idea in Pa, which is the strength of the XP formula in general. XP was a good idea meant to stop "Bob the Builders" from making Pa one big stagnation, but it is far too weighty in the calculation of score. It should be reduced by 75% imo for better game play and less "gaming" the game.

I think a war game should be a war game and not an exercise in trying to figure out how to beat a formula to get a win without actually fighting wars as they might conceivably be fought. If a planet or alliance can have essentially no ships and win a war game, well, that's just stupid and it's a game I have no interest in playing.

But once the point is made it just becomes thumbing noses at the other players. Using this twist of the XP formula to persist and persist and actually win is no different imo than exploiting any other "bug" in the game, whether it was intentionally programmed or not. It's a bug, and it will get fixed next round. So, this is exploitation of a bug.

I say give 3:4 an award for forcing the admins to improve the game formula, but give the planet win to people who played the game, not the buggy formula. I feel bad for the other top 10 who actually worked at playing Pa.

And the other side is simple: I thought farming was defined as allowing people to land without making any realistic attempt to defend your roids, even when you had enough ships to do so. The vast majority of lands on them was pods only, and they made no attempt to seriously defend them. I know in the past players have been kicked out of the round for farming like that. Apparently, if you farm to the whole universe it is somehow better than farming to particular people? I don't get it.
Gen_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 02:43   #409
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Chaos View Post
The only comment I'd like to make about 3:4 is two-fold-- I think they made a good point about a bad idea in Pa, which is the strength of the XP formula in general. XP was a good idea meant to stop "Bob the Builders" from making Pa one big stagnation, but it is far too weighty in the calculation of score. It should be reduced by 75% imo for better game play and less "gaming" the game.

I think a war game should be a war game and not an exercise in trying to figure out how to beat a formula to get a win without actually fighting wars as they might conceivably be fought. If a planet or alliance can have essentially no ships and win a war game, well, that's just stupid and it's a game I have no interest in playing.

But once the point is made it just becomes thumbing noses at the other players. Using this twist of the XP formula to persist and persist and actually win is no different imo than exploiting any other "bug" in the game, whether it was intentionally programmed or not. It's a bug, and it will get fixed next round. So, this is exploitation of a bug.

I say give 3:4 an award for forcing the admins to improve the game formula, but give the planet win to people who played the game, not the buggy formula. I feel bad for the other top 10 who actually worked at playing Pa.

And the other side is simple: I thought farming was defined as allowing people to land without making any realistic attempt to defend your roids, even when you had enough ships to do so. The vast majority of lands on them was pods only, and they made no attempt to seriously defend them. I know in the past players have been kicked out of the round for farming like that. Apparently, if you farm to the whole universe it is somehow better than farming to particular people? I don't get it.
you say about a war game and most of the t10 planets worked at it.... 8/10 have got to the top with nothing but allies napped to high hell and pnaps with those they aren't.... so yeah not really any one earning anything this round.

and so goes by another day in naptarion where the faggy fags sit on 3k+ roids at the top with zero incs
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 04:36   #410
Gen_Chaos

Gen_Chaos will become famous soon enoughGen_Chaos will become famous soon enough

It's amazing how any post on any subject always come back to trolling whoever posted it even if it has nothing really to do with it, with hate for whoever is ahead, calling them nappers and round-spoilers.

There are 4 alliances with members in the top 10. They didn't get there by sitting on their arses and sending 1 ship at galmates who were farming roids for the universe. They played the game and attacked planets for those roids. And they probably didn't send any 1-ship defenses either. I suck at this game, scorewise, lol, can't remember last time I was top 10. I have respect for the ppl who play hard and get there.
Gen_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 05:21   #411
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
It's amazing how any post on any subject always come back to trolling whoever posted it even if it has nothing really to do with it, with hate for whoever is ahead, calling them nappers and round-spoilers.

There are 4 alliances with members in the top 10. They didn't get there by sitting on their arses and sending 1 ship at galmates who were farming roids for the universe. They played the game and attacked planets for those roids. And they probably didn't send any 1-ship defenses either. I suck at this game, scorewise, lol, can't remember last time I was top 10. I have respect for the ppl who play hard and get there.
Is it a war gane when the best strategy is invariably to avoid war?

To win the round conventially actually means you want as little 'combat' as possible . You want to take roids without or with as little resistance as possible. You want to produce a fleet so large that people will struggle to take your roids without considerable loss to themselves and you rely on other people to add their fleets to yours to stop anyone from landing on you, avoiding combat.

You don't want your alliance to go to war as that puts you at risk of getting your roids taken away. You want agreements in place to avoid wars and you want your alliance to give you easy targets to avoid putting your fleet at risk.

This whole argument of it being a 'war game' and that Benneh and 3.4 are ruining that is completely unfounded when they are only doing what every other winner of pa is doing. Accruing score and avoiding score loss. They just used the game mechanics to protect their losses via xp.

The whole reason this game has survived so long is that it is built in a way that the way to the end is not linear, there is multiple paths to victory. Also that the actual game is only 50% of the entire experience. Communication and interaction via chat programs, whether that is coordinated attacks or political discussions makes up the other 50% allowing potentially extra ways to be successful and win the game. There is nothing that says building a big fleet is the only way to win, value is not the be all and end all of the game. Just because it's the easiest way to do well doesn't make it the only way to do well.

A lot of ppl need to get out of this mind set that because someone didn't use the only way you know how to play to win the game doesn't make their way any less valid a victory. Is the way xp is used overpowered? Yes. Does that make you a cheater every time you land a defence with 1 or 1 mill ships? No. Are roids only yours? No. Everytime you land on someone and their fleet is on run and hide or out doing something else does that make you a farmer? No.

Stop finding reasons to belittle someone's round winning achievement and start working on where it went wrong for you
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 06:45   #412
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I agree with kaiba on this. PA is not a war game it is a strategy game, and the strategy is almost invariably as little war as possible. Even those (like ult) who are good at wars then want those wars to have as little actual combat as possible if they are to stand a chance of winning - the very quick score loss that comes with combat is ruinous to chances!

As such if you really want a war game then you don't want xp reduced, you want it increased and probably altered what it is for. Xp should be bigger (or perhaps only be gained) when actually losing ships in combat. It should be a compensator for the value loss not something gained automatically when you land on a target that is avoiding a fleet battle. The other option would be to shake up value by having it much more difficult to kill loads in a combat but we already know the community is against this as there have been stats suggested in the past which would go some way to doing this that have been rejected. The final possibility would be to move away from value having much to do with score rather than just showing how many ships someone has. Instead there would be something more like the alliance points with points gained for fought combats as well as other things.

Whichever of these three you like it would be a big shake up.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 07:13   #413
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
I agree with kaiba on this. PA is not a war game it is a strategy game, and the strategy is almost invariably as little war as possible. Even those (like ult) who are good at wars then want those wars to have as little actual combat as possible if they are to stand a chance of winning - the very quick score loss that comes with combat is ruinous to chances!

As such if you really want a war game then you don't want xp reduced, you want it increased and probably altered what it is for. Xp should be bigger (or perhaps only be gained) when actually losing ships in combat. It should be a compensator for the value loss not something gained automatically when you land on a target that is avoiding a fleet battle. The other option would be to shake up value by having it much more difficult to kill loads in a combat but we already know the community is against this as there have been stats suggested in the past which would go some way to doing this that have been rejected. The final possibility would be to move away from value having much to do with score rather than just showing how many ships someone has. Instead there would be something more like the alliance points with points gained for fought combats as well as other things.

The stopping value being a score contributer is the way to go. The rewards for combat should not be linked to the preservation of fleet, it should be the act of combat itself. Ship loss should yield xp along with roid gain. But that requires major recoding of the game engine and stops PA being what it actually is, a strategy space game.

Unfortunately every change to the core of the game will bring up a new way of winning it via 'other means' which puts us back at square one in this debate.

People just need to accept their tactic is not the only tactic and yes occasionally overpowered tactics lead to results like this round, but that enables the PA team to tune the game to make these tactics viable but not ridiculously overpowered. Def xp will be changed to wind down the effectiveness of 3.4's tactic but it shoudnt be done to the extent that it is no longer a way to win. It should just be on a par with everything else. Reduction to 75% would probably suffice. Benneh would have still won most likely but it would have been a lot more balanced compared to value and xp attackers strategies.
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 07:58   #414
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:

Im pretty sure this "idea" has brought the community to its knees again.
We have had 3 rounds wich was perhaps on the top of bad rounds ever.
Avoiding incs, or sending 1 ship to farm XP while your friends is attacking you is not a very interesting strategy.

A lot of stuff has been suggest to make this game a more interesting "war game":

1. Remove "hide defence fleet".
2. War bonus for tags.(allready implemented).
3. New techtree( https://plaguuutarion.wordpress.com/research/ )
4. Higher/smaller alliance limits

Unread 11 Jul 2016, 08:04   #415
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

Defending as it is now is not encouraged enough, the rewards (other than possibly getting defense yourself later) are minimal compared to the "wasted effort". Yes, Bennehs 1 ship def play shouldn't be encouraged, but def in general should be more worth it.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 08:06   #416
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If defending is so bad, why does everyone keep doing it?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 08:10   #417
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Another way to look at this tactic is to keep the core parameters and change the set up.

I make an alliance of 40 ppl. We all go Xan. Initiate 500 roids at round start and then await incs. Cue the mass incommings for week 1. Every person is told to 1 ship def every incoming we get. Meanwhile we gather Intel on all alliances. Now we split the alliance in 2. Those with most xp from week 1 become the deffers, those with the least are the attackers. Everyone reints roids and we pick an alliances forts and 3 fleet pod them with those 20 attackers, instant war. Shout out mouths off on the forums about how lame they are and there we have a war and constant incs as long as we want. 20 deffers 3 fleet 1 ship deffing for xp whilst our 20 attackers keep hitting forts to keep the incoming coming our way. Instantly we have 20 bennehs burning up xp and climbing the ranks. OK so we have 2-4 ticks more turn around than benneh does ingal so we wouldn't be as far up the leader board but you would have 20 ppl vying for top ranks using the same tactic.

But they are xan so 1 ship def is not frowned upon. The alliance is taking part in active combat because xan pod only attacks are not frowned upon. And we're doing it with alliance defence, also not frowned upon.

This is why all your arguments about 3.4 fall down, cos as an alliance strat it's something a lot of xan players do anyway every single round. You are just annoyed now cos Benneh went Terran
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 08:20   #418
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If defending is so bad, why does everyone keep doing it?
I think you a misunderstanding what he is saying.
If people loved defending so much, why would half the univers be NAPed?
The "reward" for being a good defensive alliance will be removed by "lesser good defensive alliances" by blocking.
My opinion, and prolly mine only, was that this game was far more entertaining when there were 2 or 3 strong alliances, and a bunch of lesser good alliances. You would never see 1up and eXi NAPing and stagnating the round would you?
This bullsh*t with small tags, and "everyone should have a chance to win", or this new "everyone should be able to defend, so we implement a defence fleet for idle players", its basicly not doing any good at all.
If FL, p3nguins, or Norse cant gather 80-100 players, then feck it, they should end far behind CT/ND/BowS/BF/Ult or any other alliance that can recruit, and want to recruit players.
Its like we are back in kindergarden, where everyone is suppose to be "winners", its simply just not working.

Unread 11 Jul 2016, 08:25   #419
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If people loved defending so much, why would half the univers be NAPed?
They don't love it. They like NAPs because they would prefer not getting incs and attacking instead. But once incs do show up, the question is not about whether they like to defend or not, but whether it's worth doing. And clearly, it is.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 08:36   #420
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
They don't love it. They like NAPs because they would prefer not getting incs and attacking instead. But once incs do show up, the question is not about whether they like to defend or not, but whether it's worth doing. And clearly, it is.
Its simply not possibole for 90% of the alliances out there to keep a "defence system" running for more than a round, or two at max.
Ultores, and BowS has been lucky to have people who has taken responsibility for it.
BF has said they cant keep it up for more than a round running, because they get "burnt" out.
If you spend 600 ticks defending, and a bunch of blockers come in one night and steal all the roids and gain XP, is it worth it? you will have to use a long time regaining it, and perhaps you will blocked once again you is near a decent roid amount.
Usualy the answer is no, its not worth it, as every alliance out there can ruin your rounds just for lolz.

Unread 11 Jul 2016, 11:03   #421
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Its simply not possibole for 90% of the alliances out there to keep a "defence system" running for more than a round, or two at max.
Ultores, and BowS has been lucky to have people who has taken responsibility for it.
BF has said they cant keep it up for more than a round running, because they get "burnt" out.
If you spend 600 ticks defending, and a bunch of blockers come in one night and steal all the roids and gain XP, is it worth it? you will have to use a long time regaining it, and perhaps you will blocked once again you is near a decent roid amount.
Usualy the answer is no, its not worth it, as every alliance out there can ruin your rounds just for lolz.
I personally think that tags are still too big. I also think counting and non counting is crap. The thing with really big tags is once you get left behind it's very hard to catch due to defpools available to stop incs. The smaller the tags are it far easier to recover from a loss and keep competitive until round end. That's ultimately what players want, something to play for until the ticks run out. Top planet is occupied by the same few most rounds so that is a closed shop from early doors and top gal is very much luck based with what randoms you get and exiles. Alliance is the one area where players from all capabilities have a chance to compete until 1177. Even now with 50 in tag we are seeing some left behind by tick 300 just from poor luck with raids. Reducing tags further would lower this gap and give the ability for more alliances to recover and have an affect on the round.
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 12:41   #422
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

Going quite a bit off topic, but I'll do this anyway.

The mass-NAPping occurs as people despise defending (because it's not worth it), so we all try to reduce our incoming to a level where defending can be done by AFs and/or defense support planets. Defending sub-750 roid planets isn't worth it atm, and most of the time you just end up flying 6-8 ticks just to see the attacker(s) recalling before land, gj, you just gained ~100xp wasting 12-16 ticks that could've been used on attacking, which is way more profitable most of the time (even if you land only every third time or so, the profit is more). IF you're extremely lucky and one or more of the attackers unlucky, you might end up landing the def fleet, for minimal gains or even for a loss (if your DC was pro and only covered the attack, instead of overcovering it [the calc is bit bad for both]). And most likely you or your alliance spent real money getting that defense there, the calls and SMSes do cost real money, quite a lot of it too if you're an active ally. Really, only those 1 ship defs ingal are profitable.

Any alliance could keep a defense system running every round, it's not that hard, the hard part is to keep members interested and invested enough to keep them running every round.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 21:04   #423
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
If you spend 600 ticks defending, and a bunch of blockers come in one night and steal all the roids and gain XP, is it worth it?
Would you prefer holding roids for 0 ticks instead? If Ultores came along and hit Rainbows today, would you suggest not defending, because "it's not worth it"?

Are you being dense on purpose?
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 21:06   #424
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Ultores has decided to end its Non-Aggression Pact with you.

such treachery, we luv them long time, no warning, no cooldown... disappointed in chimpie!!! ;p
Wasn't me, honestly!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2016, 21:48   #425
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Would you prefer holding roids for 0 ticks instead? If Ultores came along and hit Rainbows today, would you suggest not defending, because "it's not worth it"?

Choosing not to defend is dumb.

But for all alliances, before the last week, it is better to avoid conflicts. Initiating and bottomfeeding brings better results than warring. When "warring", one will only really profit through a bashing. And with these stats, a bashed ally wont be able to bounce back
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 12:13   #426
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:

Im not sure you ever saw a real round of incomming.
It would mean you would have to wake up 2-3 times each night for a two weeks straight to send defence/recall/resend defence.
Is it worth it if others can fence their way to the win? Hell no.
We need bigger tags.

Unread 13 Jul 2016, 12:18   #427
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Im not sure you ever saw a real round of incomming.
Damn. You got me.
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 12:45   #428
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Damn. You got me.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 13:14   #429
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We need bigger tags.
yawn... not this again...

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 13:30   #430
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Damn. You got me.
Asc/1up/eXi or whatever round you played in were ages ago.
Even Apprime/FAnG/ult were so much better than 3rd-5th tags that they could beat em with defending.
Look at PA today, tags like p3nguins/Norse is actualy able to "compete" even they are dogsh*it in a historical and defensive-capabilities sense.

When the legendary HCs like Zhil/mazzelar/bashar came back to PA after a long absent they didnt understand what all the fuzz about sms/call service was all about, wich tells me PA today is far diffrent than a few years back.

Norse, BF and now perhaps BowS now winning the last rounds without giving an effort is a big big big warning of what is wrong with the game today.

Unread 13 Jul 2016, 13:50   #431
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
One or other of these have to be wrong. In practice PA at the moment has at most 10 alliances. If both bows and Ult run defence systems then that would mean it is simply not possible for 80% not 90%.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 14:22   #432
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
One or other of these have to be wrong. In practice PA at the moment has at most 10 alliances. If both bows and Ult run defence systems then that would mean it is simply not possible for 80% not 90%.
Sounds like you are disagreeing.
What other alliances does run a defence system?
BF only works when clouds has no life, CT only worked when the DC played there, p3ng/ND/HR/Norse never worked.
BowS only works cus we are blessed with a Canadian and the general

Unread 13 Jul 2016, 14:35   #433
booji
a bucket

While I do actually disagree in this particular post I was pointing out the contradiction between two statements you put next to each other. It cannot both be the case that 90% of alliances cant keep a def system going and that both bows and ult have succeeded in doing so as that would mean 20% of alliances even by your own yardstick CAN keep a def system going.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 15:06   #434
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
While I do actually disagree in this particular post I was pointing out the contradiction between two statements you put next to each other. It cannot both be the case that 90% of alliances cant keep a def system going and that both bows and ult have succeeded in doing so as that would mean 20% of alliances even by your own yardstick CAN keep a def system going.
Ult has suceeded doing this. Bows, they failed missreably.
BowS, just went down the Norse/p3ng/BF road, being above the rest and MAYBE suceed on it doing wankers politics.

Unread 13 Jul 2016, 15:44   #435
booji
a bucket

Quote:
BowS only works cus we are blessed with a Canadian and the general
Quote:
Ult has suceeded doing this. Bows, they failed missreably.
Make up your mind!

Are you defining having an actually successful def system as not only having the system but also having the incs to actually make the system necessary?

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 15:45   #436
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No, he's throwing random shit at the wall to see what sticks. As usual.
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 15:48   #437
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

We have proven again and again that one on one we have good defense when we care, that we dont always care is not the same as being shit. You need to stop taking meds, go to a shrink and get your head turned back around to reality...
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2016, 20:01   #438
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
We have proven again and again that one on one we have good defense when we care, that we dont always care is not the same as being shit. You need to stop taking meds, go to a shrink and get your head turned back around to reality...
Yeah, norse, the war alliance.

Put aside the defence fleet, you wouldnt survive a day with 30+ incs.

Unread 13 Jul 2016, 20:28   #439
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Make up your mind!

Are you defining having an actually successful def system as not only having the system but also having the incs to actually make the system necessary?
Yeah, bows is usualy the 2nd or 3rd best defensive alliance.
Only ult and BF(MAYBE) is above us.
If we are let alone with no incs for majority of the round, the inc stats will look pretty wierd, as it _MIGHT_ do this round aswell.

Everybody has been gangbanging Ult, and BowS(under my leadership) was not into gangbanging tactics, so perhaps they are paying back the kindness to the only alliance that dosnt hate their guts this round.

Unread 14 Jul 2016, 01:00   #440
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yeah, norse, the war alliance.

Put aside the defence fleet, you wouldnt survive a day with 30+ incs.
So when we had one on one incs before the ally fleet came against both fl p3n and nd that doesn't count?
Entire pa has farmed bows for years, before ally fleet and brazil joined rb didn't have Def...get your head out of your ass.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 05:04   #441
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
So when we had one on one incs before the ally fleet came against both fl p3n and nd that doesn't count?
Entire pa has farmed bows for years, before ally fleet and brazil joined rb didn't have Def...get your head out of your ass.
Ah sorry....
So...
The round you had:
673 incs
Or: 1,403
Or: 781(and woN!!!!!)
Or the big climax: 1,605 !#/O"#¤/(&#/&(/(&!)")6!)"

Your sound like an idiot all the time, please go hide.

Unread 14 Jul 2016, 06:12   #442
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ah sorry....
So...
The round you had:
673 incs
Or: 1,403
Or: 781(and woN!!!!!)
Or the big climax: 1,605 !#/O"#¤/(&#/&(/(&!)")6!)"

Your sound like an idiot all the time, please go hide.
I think benneh's had more incs than that.
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 12:59   #443
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been completely out of the loop this round but by the looks of it bows wont have more incs than norse had when they won.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 13:38   #444
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
I've been completely out of the loop this round but by the looks of it bows wont have more incs than norse had when they won.
A good measure of Bows defense capability with current member base is last round stats. This one, if Bows really wins, it will be in the same way as Norse and BF did once.
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 15:14   #445
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
A good measure of Bows defense capability with current member base is last round stats. This one, if Bows really wins, it will be in the same way as Norse and BF did once.
I don't think Bows have even been hit at all though. I can't remember what happened with Norse when they won as I didn't take a special interest, but when BF won with minimal incs, they still had people hitting them on an organised level and required to actually defend.

The only organised incoming this round was on Ult which was pathetic at most. I could be wrong as this is what I was told. Feel free to correct me.
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 15:36   #446
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I don't think Bows have even been hit at all though. I can't remember what happened with Norse when they won as I didn't take a special interest, but when BF won with minimal incs, they still had people hitting them on an organised level and required to actually defend.

The only organised incoming this round was on Ult which was pathetic at most. I could be wrong as this is what I was told. Feel free to correct me.
If I am not wrong, Bows this round was hit heavily just one night, by BF and CT mainly. Which doesn't count much in terms of numbers.

But yeah, each ally can withstand a certain amount of incs without problem. Imo to be able to make agreements effectively with so many alliances is only possible if one can at least defend without problem on 1 x 1 or adopt Norse tactics of retalling and fcing.
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 15:59   #447
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It's a win, but surely not one to inspire generations to come.
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 16:38   #448
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's a win, but surely not one to inspire generations to come.
looking at recent rounds it is itself inspired by those recent wins.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2016, 17:29   #449
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Oh yes, it's hardly the first time an alliance won without needing to fight. Shame, really. I think the game would be more fun if fighting helped you win.
Unread 15 Jul 2016, 17:42   #450
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
looking at recent rounds it is itself inspired by those recent wins.
I think this is more or less the truth of the current situation in PA.

Also with the new defence fleet, allie "deals" like 3x3x3(3 planets, 3waves, 3 fleets per wave) makes it very easy to controll the income to a level you can cover every night without having all your members waking up tired for work/school/family life the next day.