User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 24 Feb 2009, 19:41   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Game Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
I don't see you're point as contradictory to mine, it more compliments it. If you're goal is to maximize the amount of ships then yes gradual is better, but if you're goal is to hide as long as possible then waiting as long as possible is better. I'll add that to the tactic.

Can you expand your explanation of the suicide defense? I would like to add it to the list in a more documented way. Thanks.
The key I was pointing out, and yes you're right it's more complimentary than contradictory, is that you can "trap" people into believing you can't get your prod out on time. People are suspicious of a slow steady buildup in prod but a sudden drop only 4 ticks before landing with say 3 factories and people think "no way can he get that out in time".

As for the other http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=nr6y6dov3bop4sk is a break even for a middle ranked player even though he loses all his harpies. If you're feud you obviously make a good profit there. If you're feud you can still break even as seen here http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=ual5hjol3m2p02g up to a respectable lower t100 slot.
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 19:53   #102
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
The key I was pointing out...respectable lower t100 slot.
Perhaps I should change the name of the tactic to something more along the lines of "Last minute production defense" and then use both methods as suggestions to how to do it. Against a vigilant attacker the method you suggest is definitely better, and is easier to explain, so I think I will just simplify it to the methodology you suggest with a footnote about the other method.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2017, 20:52   #103
Ijrn Bru

Ijrn Bru is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr View Post
Also, a simple apology can work sometimes.

I remember attacking a member of LCH (3 fleeting him), but he wasn't yet tagged. He told his HC and I was being fleet catched with 3 waves, I managed to cover the first 2 with the help of my gal mates. But the third one was too much to cover, I contacted him on IRC, and a simple apology did wonders
I managed a number of gentleman's agreements and apologies followed by recalls in R71 - does genuinely work.
Unread 13 Jun 2017, 21:27   #104
macen

macen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of light

Well, this is possibly the best strategical thread I've ever read, so thanks Monroe!!!!

Round 58 44th
Round 64 113th
Round 65 86th
Round 66 98th
Round 92 56th
macen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2018, 18:54   #105
Vivia

Vivia is on a distinguished road

lol those days when attacking a member of LCH missing those days<3
Vivia is offline   Reply With Quote