User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:33   #1
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold
Angels vs eXilition - a battle

In the last few hours, we've seen Angels overtake eXilition to the top spot in the universe. It must an exciting time for all involved in the battle, as eXilition now chase to regain the number one position. 1up remain in fourth; a position that many wouldn't have predicted and NewDawn continue to cause problems at the top of the table and in my opinion, have been impressive considering that two rounds back, 3rd place at this stage, and not a whole world behind would have, I'm sure, satisified the ND HC and it's playerbase.

What happens next? Do eXiltion plummet further down the table, continue to lose roids to the enemy? What do their members think of Angels getting the better of them? A big 'woah' must be said in the light of Angels current success; I was TOTTALY wrong in my predictions for this stage, and have rolled up the piece of paper I wrote in on, and smoked it.

F-Crew's success of last round is yet to be replicated, although i'm sure they lost a few members to top alliances, as Wakey continues to do a sterling job in putting the pa player-base first and foremost.

Insomnia have proved one or two people wrong too- dealing with incs at the drop of a hat, only to bounce back and twat the enemy in force. Congratulations to them and the HC; they look strong enough to stay there and with the current player base, Insomnia in the top10 will i'm sure become a regular occurence. Some of their members must be thinking of pushing it for next round though!

TGV and xVx have rooted themselves in the top10, xVx proving their worth since last round, and TGV coming from nowhere. I said it last round, but it is nice to see alliances that maybe were a little disappointed by their progress last round, gather enough strength to challenge at that level and stay there.

Can't forget to mention G-II either, who have already expressed their delight at the current position and success of a small, but fun alliance. well done boys and girls.

You must be thinking, what is a 1upper doing spreading his seed on AD? Answer: boredom. As for my alliance, little has been commented on the fourth position we currently find ourselves in, considering the publicity (good and bad) that we get on AD each round. We are having fun, we're a pain in the ass, we haven't finished yet and there's more to come. Down and out? Not a bit of it, we are never out.

Who wanted more from their alliance? Who isn't happy? Who's expectations have been overwhelmed? Congrats to all, it's nice to see a battle and not someone, 1up or not, steam ahead at this stage of the round, and for people to be playing for formality. Unless of course, it was 1up steaming ahead, and then I might be able to go to bed (!)

May the best team win.

Formal request: No slagging, no cheat talk, nothing like that. this thread is for Universe ranking chats, and try to be nice. There has been a lot of hostility on AD lately, and despite the fact that playing the game, dealing with real hatred/enemies is a major plus point for the game, new players may read this and with the game changing to the new 'PAN' version, its an opportunity to promote and plug a 'nice' and welcoming community. It think that the new type of game we'll see is an important time for us all, as we want to be able to continue to enjoy the game and with an extended player base, this will be more likely. Thanks for respecting that.

Flaming however, is allowed. Disagree with me? explain why
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:39   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Angels vs eXilition - a battle

I recon it was inevitable, angels have had more roids then exil for some time now. with increased resources comes increased ability to follow through on attacks and defend each other.
if exil want to regain #1 ( without blocking ) , then they will need to drastically improve their roid counts. otherwise i can see angels running away with this round to a deserved win
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:45   #3
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
I recon it was inevitable, angels have had more roids then exil for some time now. with increased resources comes increased ability to follow through on attacks and defend each other.
if exil want to regain #1 ( without blocking ) , then they will need to drastically improve their roid counts. otherwise i can see angels running away with this round to a deserved win

Its true, eX's roidcount has been lower than Angels. Have eX been concentrating ont he wrong alliance? The fleet values in Angels will soon be overpowering, and if eX don't react soon, they'll be dust I should think. The battle continues!

Last edited by Virall; 15 Nov 2005 at 18:52.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:47   #4
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that 1up is the alliance ranked above Insomnia atm, simply indicates that we cannot be anything but delighted with our current rank. Being 5th in todays universe surely takes a great deal of work, and considering the eXilitions and xVx incommings we've had(especially in the early stages of the round)im most happy with my alliances performance

Im a bit surprised Angels made it to the top already. I guess the fact that eXilition attacked alot of alliances early on gave them more enemies than they could handle, and its now Angels who must strive to stay on top.

Im also impressed by ND, having kept up the good work from last round. Just thinking about the state of ND at the start of last round, good job

1up will definatley not lie dead. I know for a fact that they are fighting alot atm(Virall gets soo much incs ) It kind of reminds me of the round Fury/Legion was bashed in the early stages, then came back tagged [NOTDEAD] and they made an incredible comeback

As for the rest of the universe, TGV have impressed me, ToF is up there as always. I had expected alot more from Subh and xVx tho, maybe they werent prepared for the amount of incs flying around nowadays, even between the smaller allies in the top 10.

Its been a fun round so far, and already a bunch of nice fights. Lets hope it continues. Imo its entirely open atm

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:48   #5
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

A single battle at tick 300+ cannot predict the future, as you allready said its a battle only, and we will have to fight numerous battle against other ennemies before we can claim a win in this war.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:53   #6
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Am I very wrong, but aren't 1up also targetting exi? Kind of makes it 2 vs 1 eh?

And well, have to say I'm not to impressed with xVx, with under 300 roids per planet.

Thumbs up for TGV though, they're rocking.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:54   #7
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Well when several thousand roids can fluctuate either way in a night..

Value still prevails above all as the current indicator of power..

Politics are too fluid this early in the round for anyone to expect Angels to run away with the round on income alone.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:56   #8
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
A single battle at tick 300+ cannot predict the future, as you allready said its a battle only, and we will have to fight numerous battle against other ennemies before we can claim a win in this war.
Dictionary definition: An encounter between opposing forces. I was in no way claiming that eXilition or Angels could win this in a single night, by battle i meant a long term fight.

Apologies if i didn't make myself clear enough- I don't very often (ask 1up).
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:56   #9
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Its true, eX's roidcount has been lower than Angels. Have eX been concentrating ont he wrong alliance? The fleet values in Angels will soon be overpowering, and if eX don't react soon, they'll be dust I should think. The battle continues!
You crack me up Virall

Also, it's not a battle, it's a contention. (One side hasn't been fighting)
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:57   #10
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
You crack me up Virall
lolly roffles.

THAT WASN'T PROPAGANDA fs!

Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:59   #11
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch

"butterfly effect"

How's things in Angels btw? As shiny as ever? Or can we expect some 'changes'?

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 18:59   #12
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
Am I very wrong, but aren't 1up also targetting exi? Kind of makes it 2 vs 1 eh?

And well, have to say I'm not to impressed with xVx, with under 300 roids per planet.

I think xVx have done well tbh. As for 1up targetting eX, im sure the attacks have been mutual, and 2 vs 1 is hardly unfair considering what happened in r13.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:00   #13
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
You crack me up Virall

Also, it's not a battle, it's a contention. (One side hasn't been fighting)

I can assure you both sides have been fighting
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:02   #14
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I think xVx have done well tbh. As for 1up targetting eX, im sure the attacks have been mutual, and 2 vs 1 is hardly unfair considering what happened in r13.
I would not judge about fairness. It is just a natural development that eXilition get targetted by 1up when eX decides to hit 1up. That Angels have or had a go at eXilition is also expectable, considering Angels want to win and eXilition were #1 so far.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:04   #15
Virall
The Scareh Clown

When has war been fair? Fairness is irrelevant; no love has been lost
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:09   #16
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
I would not judge about fairness. It is just a natural development that eXilition get targetted by 1up when eX decides to hit 1up. That Angels have or had a go at eXilition is also expectable, considering Angels want to win and eXilition were #1 so far.
Well that's about as fair as posts get. We all preach fairness when it's convenient / more often than that, - I'd say it is pretty relevant in PA warfare yeah. There's a constant imbalance of course, sometimes it's on your side, sometimes it's not, but fairness is at the heart of the Planetarion alliance situation and has been for some rounds.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:10   #17
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Its expectable that exilition have some comebackability.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:10   #18
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You all suck
Because im better than you
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:13   #19
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Attention Exil Hc. Round Up Your Troops. Obviously You Had Them Banned From Posting On Ad For A Reason. Please.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:14   #20
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
Its expectable that exilition have some comebackability.

On what basis? Do they have a comebackability? R13 was pretty dominant from them, and we are yet to see the extent of this comebackability imo. Interesting viewpoint, but to do that theyll have to compete, like Phil^ pointed out, with a rather large roid difference
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:15   #21
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

On a serious note, by no means is the round over. Exi took a shining to our planets, so the feeling in camp was mutual. As i stated before this round started. It's gonna be a fun one
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:16   #22
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
On what basis? Do they have a comebackability? R13 was pretty dominant from them, and we are yet to see the extent of this comebackability imo. Interesting viewpoint, but to do that theyll have to compete, like Phil^ pointed out, with a rather large roid difference
Very true, it would mean them targeting Angels exclusively however. They may not and Angels HC will probably make girl jokes...

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:17   #23
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
my current roidcount says eX have ben hitting Angels as well, along with a few others ofc.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:20   #24
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
my current roidcount says eX have ben hitting Angels as well, along with a few others ofc.
I think they targetted 1up untill recently, when now theyve been forced to switch to Angels.

Anyone else feel that eX have been targetting them (alliance wise)?
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:20   #25
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
F-Crew's success of last round is yet to be replicated, although i'm sure they lost a few members to top alliances, as Wakey continues to do a sterling job in putting the pa player-base first and foremost.
We would be winning the round if it wasnt for those damn pesky PATeam

We seem to be the sole alliance thats hit every single bug in the new alliance limit, and trust me thats a lot o bugs. At one stage we couldnt accept any applicants, reject them or kick any members as apparently we were to 5

Seriously though while our ranking is lower on the face of it we are probally at roughly the same level as last round. Certainly most of those around us last round are still around us this round. Its just become a bit tougher this round with the returning alliances. To match last round we would have had to of kept more members from last round and added more hardcore players from elsewhere but we are certainly happy with our performance even if the ranking isnt as good as it was (although even if we are happy we wont stop fighting)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:22   #26
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
We would be winning the round if it wasnt for those damn pesky PATeam

We seem to be the sole alliance thats hit every single bug in the new alliance limit, and trust me thats a lot o bugs. At one stage we couldnt accept any applicants, reject them or kick any members as apparently we were to 5

Seriously though while our ranking is lower on the face of it we are probally at roughly the same level as last round. Certainly most of those around us last round are still around us this round. Its just become a bit tougher this round with the returning alliances. To match last round we would have had to of kept more members from last round and added more hardcore players from elsewhere but we are certainly happy with our performance even if the ranking isnt as good as it was (although even if we are happy we wont stop fighting)

Ah, i overlooked the returning alliances. Still, its impressive that youve let so many members go over the rounds, and yet are still capable of doing what all alliances would love to do; find replacable player bases of a stronger capability! Good luck.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:28   #27
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
I think they targetted 1up untill recently, when now theyve been forced to switch to Angels.

I heard an xVx got incoming from them last week, and a NewDawn last friday. They should probably declare war after being purposefully targetted by galaxy attacks \o/
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:29   #28
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

ligt shine on angels
no so briht on exi
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:35   #29
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As I said earlier, eXilition attacked Insomnia alot the first week after protection. I tink they've made themselves quite alot of enemies this round.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:43   #30
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

eXilition have been to war with some alliance more or less since a few days after protection, while angels have been going for easy roids a lot longer, even though they have targeted alliances in particular as well.

Thats why Angels had more roids for so much time, and it also means that more of eXi's score is xp, and less of it is value, than you would first think. A war brings a lot more xp, as there are bigger targets that will not get defense, but as we all know - xp can't capture roids or kill ships. So even with the eXi having larger score (if you do not count points for roids), I think the shipscore is even enough to make this a very interesting fight.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 19:44   #31
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
With Insomnia declaring themselves an enemy, maybe Virall is the teller of futures after all \o/ Oh how the battle continues..!
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 20:24   #32
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

If someone told me at PT431 NewDawn would be 2nd on roids, I'd be absolutely delighted.

And I am

Excellent work from eXi/Angels so far, and the round still has a long way to go.

Apart from the 2 main training alliances (xVx and F-Crew) I have to say the rest of the universe has disappointed me. The gap between the t4 and the rest is far too large than is healthy for the game imo. Hopefully they can continue to improve and give a better showing later in the round and take that into R15.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 20:41   #33
Taipan
Born Again Virgin

Taipan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
If someone told me at PT431 NewDawn would be 2nd on roids, I'd be absolutely delighted.

And I am

Excellent work from eXi/Angels so far, and the round still has a long way to go.

Apart from the 2 main training alliances (xVx and F-Crew) I have to say the rest of the universe has disappointed me. The gap between the t4 and the rest is far too large than is healthy for the game imo. Hopefully they can continue to improve and give a better showing later in the round and take that into R15.
What the Fishy said ^^ - I've been out the game long enough to have started this round with a pretty neutral inclination towards both Exi and Angels* (wary of course about 1up as I do remember them ) and I've seen enough of the top 2 in action so far to know it's going to be an interesting war.

It's an odd round to be in really.. the stats seem to have made offensive play a lot stronger than i remember it and that can only be good for the game and benefits any alliance, not just those who can cover 123123231 def calls a nght.

* of course the last week has made me a tad biased - don't get too comfy with those roids Alki/Dogbert
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 21:18   #34
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
As I said earlier, eXilition attacked Insomnia alot the first week after protection. I tink they've made themselves quite alot of enemies this round.
So Exilition have 'made enemies' out of Angels, 1up, and insomnia already. And are still a close second, and have just lost roids one night? That's pretty impressive... gg.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 21:19   #35
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

From my point of view its a very interesting round.

Never thought that Angels would try exil - gladly they did. maybe that gives some time for 1up to breath to reinforce themselfs. with newdawn as a very strong #3 who could still be a #1 contenter (as 1up) we might expect a very fluid round.

the first four were expectable - maybe with a stronger 1up (in score atleast) but i think cards arent outplayed yet.

for the rest of the top ten i can only say it was expectable tho im a bit surprised of my former subh-mates because i never though they will do as good as they are doing. but with rasputin and paisley as dc´s not alot can go wrong

the top top 10 is pretty close together tho it looks like xvx as the weakest there will drop out soon and vgn will jump in.

im a bit disappointed in tof but atleast they fought back into top 10. also the performance of hr shocks me - knew that they aint as strong as before but not that bad.

All in all i personally thought this round will be like last round but it looks that this will be a very interesting and fun round.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 21:25   #36
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Maybe its the HC they have made enemies with that have been impressive.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 21:27   #37
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice spelling there Forest.

1up kicking out 3 smaller members, perhaps they plan to recruit some players with larger planets and go on the offensive?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 21:34   #38
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan
What the Fishy said ^^ - I've been out the game long enough to have started this round with a pretty neutral inclination towards both Exi and Angels* (wary of course about 1up as I do remember them ) and I've seen enough of the top 2 in action so far to know it's going to be an interesting war.

It's an odd round to be in really.. the stats seem to have made offensive play a lot stronger than i remember it and that can only be good for the game and benefits any alliance, not just those who can cover 123123231 def calls a nght.

* of course the last week has made me a tad biased - don't get too comfy with those roids Alki/Dogbert

Thats not a lot of def calls.
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 21:37   #39
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

1up kicking out 3 smaller members, perhaps they plan to recruit some players with larger planets and go on the offensive?
I just mean, is there any incentive for any of the top 10 alliances to bash exil hard. I don't believe there is.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 21:40   #40
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I just mean, is there any incentive for any of the top 10 alliances to bash exil hard. I don't believe there is.
for 1up the issue is more targetting exi because we are targetted by exi i'm sure, as opposed to some ingrained hate of exi
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 22:11   #41
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

i am sure Sid will base and plan our new offensive around possible 3-5 new players !

how did you find out

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 22:59   #42
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan
don't get too comfy with those roids Alki/Dogbert
make love not war <3
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 23:05   #43
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I still have no clue how this game works, but as long as exilition gets buried 6ft under I am more then happy to login a few times a day, sent out an attack and some defence.

Theam
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 00:11   #44
Odyssey
The Ministry Hero

Odyssey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
I still have no clue how this game works, but as long as exilition gets buried 6ft under I am more then happy to login a few times a day, sent out an attack and some defence.

Theam
Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 00:16   #45
Haarken
Faithful Pony

Haarken is an unknown quantity at this point

Though they almost certainly deserve it seeing Angels run away with the round from this point would be most dissappointing, still there is plenty of time left and there are still many outcomes possible.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 00:19   #46
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haarken
Though they almost certainly deserve it seeing Angels run away with the round from this point would be most dissappointing, still there is plenty of time left and there are still many outcomes possible.
If they run away with it i'l be surprised; I think that they'll be dusting off their fleets tonight.

Keep an eye on sandmans in the next few days. I have no idea what's gonna happen.

Unread 16 Nov 2005, 00:49   #47
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice

Waaay too early to be decided. The top 3 alliances are still very close, and with 1up's skill it is impossible to count them out yet either.
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 00:56   #48
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly

we haven't targetted Exi exclusively, we have targetted hostile galaxies with no 1up members present...as always
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 00:59   #49
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Alot of alliances have done good so far, the ones that have really impressed me so far this round have to be Insomnia and LCH, both coming back after an awful round 14 where both alliances collapsed. I think that the top ten might change alot yet, but yes, the top 4 seems to be pushing away, as to be expected, lets see what happens when they start to battle it out between each others. But my bets are still on Angels as I predicted before the round.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 01:43   #50
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haarken
Would you like to explain how Angels "almost certainly deserve" to be winning??
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote