User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2005, 11:34   #51
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: Galaxy sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
/me sighs

Instead of complaining about the current system, its maybe worth you remembering how everyone complained about the split universe system as well. A split universe will not get us new players, this system will as they get to meet existing players. Next round will be improved as they won't be being exiled as soon as they arrive. But people will still be able to exile the people who really do do nothing, but they will have to be much more careful about it, as galaxies won't be able to exile if they get to small.

Its this simple, like it or hate it, but as long as I have a say there will never be 2 universes.
Bah, ok, what about just making the gtalaxies smaller then? make it so its never more than 15 ppl in a galaxy?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 12:03   #52
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Bah, ok, what about just making the gtalaxies smaller then? make it so its never more than 15 ppl in a galaxy?
How do you do that though? The only way to do it would be to increase the number of buddy packs in the game, something that PA Team have no control over.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 12:04   #53
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
somewhere in the depths of the Round 14 Galaxy setup thread is the final solution being implemented for next round.

next round buddy packs can be of size 2 or 3 - giving 6 buddy pack members per gal again.

if it was in effect a private gal of 4 or 5, then the randoms would be entirly excluded from things as all the private people would know each other.

The only way to make a private part of a galaxy smaller would be to goto 2 packs of 2 in a gal which probably endangers to many people to be in poor galaxies.

However by allowing either 3*2 or 2*3 in a gal it may well encourage people who didn;t go into packs last time to join them, thus increasing the number of galaxies and hence decreasing the size of the galaxies.

Erm, buddy packs of 2 or 3? If this were the case and buddy packs were going to be restricted by numbers, I for one would've appreciated some more notice as I've already organised mine!
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 12:05   #54
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Weren't the buddy packs 3 man in Round 13? I'm not sure cos I missed the start.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 12:20   #55
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Weren't the buddy packs 3 man in Round 13? I'm not sure cos I missed the start.
Yep, and the ones that weren't full got deleted I believe
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 12:38   #56
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

k. So why is Virall complaining?
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 21:08   #57
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
bah.. *enter insult here*
we didn't fencesit at all. we had lots of Exil incomming. hell I even had to organize a lot of HR incomming on our gal.

we had incomming each frelling day/night so please don't spew crap like that.
1:2 won fairly. and it had NOTHING todo with alliances or their politics.

I don't belive there is any ally in the top15 that didn't attack us at one point.

infact alliance politics made it more difficult for us, since we couldn't defend hostiles in our gal.
so whenever we had incomming half the gal couldn't def the other half. and visaversa.

Your gal just wasn't as good. plain and simple. accept it. don't be a soar looser.
Look i never said you played bad or whatever. However i did say you didn't have the incomings other gals had (atleast at start). If you think i'm lieing ask CBK if your gal would have had more incoming if he hadn't been in the gal or not.
I've got logs from exi guys saying they would have hit it alot more hadn't the exi guys tried their best to avoid exi hitting them...

and no offence to any alliance... but only real threat (when hitting a galaxy) was exi this round. Further i doubt angels did real wave attacks on 1:2 as they mostly went for easy roids. I don't think 1up did real big attacks either as to be quite honest i don't think we were capable of them this round. So don't say you had same sort of incs as the other high ranking gals or players as you didn't even had nearly same sort of incomings

You won tho and you played it well politically which was nicely done by CBK
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 21:45   #58
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

Please don't spew crap when you have no idea wtf your talking about.
we had lots of Exil incomming. and we had lots of incomming from the attack coop. as 1:2 was on the top of their list most of the round. and the only way for Exil to hit us even more, would be to hit us each and every day. but then they'd just end up piggybacking the other attackers.

gawd what a soar looser you are.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 21:55   #59
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

APA never attacked 1:2

That's why you won
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 21:58   #60
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Please don't spew crap when you have no idea wtf your talking about.
we had lots of Exil incomming. and we had lots of incomming from the attack coop. as 1:2 was on the top of their list most of the round. and the only way for Exil to hit us even more, would be to hit us each and every day. but then they'd just end up piggybacking the other attackers.

gawd what a soar looser you are.

lol as i said ask him

/me pets
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:08   #61
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

rofl. god your pathetic. Let's just drop the subject, ok?

atm we've hijacked the thread.

it was supposed to be about gal size.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 11:08   #62
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
k. So why is Virall complaining?

'Complaining' is a little harsh imo. But to clarify, I suggest you read the quote that was included in my thread; the 'complaint' was aimed at the possible uncertainty of buddy pack sizes. I've already organised my buddy pack of 3 (like it was last round) and would be disappointed if I had to re-organise.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 11:13   #63
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
'Complaining' is a little harsh imo. But to clarify, I suggest you read the quote that was included in my thread; the 'complaint' was aimed at the possible uncertainty of buddy pack sizes. I've already organised my buddy pack of 3 (like it was last round) and would be disappointed if I had to re-organise.
Kal is saying that next round you can either have 2 or 3 planets in a buddy pack. I believe that in Round 13 it was 3 or nothing? So your 3 man buddy pack is fine