User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Jul 2009, 22:32   #1
KASMAT

KASMAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Non Tagged Alliances

I would think that with a player base this size that it wuld be mandatory for alliance to announce them selfs and them have to tag -up when they play the game.

You have very large alliances playing, and some ppl who are new to the game, and not apart of an alliance at this time. When they do attack, 9x10 they are hitting an alliance member and have no idea until it is too late!
( Death is visited upon him by alliance mate's)
At the same time, these alliance are hitting everything thay can, and living in anonimaty, with this type of attacking, retails become more a wonder and I retailing againts the #1 alliance, or some 10-20 player alliance.

At the same time some of these attacks have been set up to totally kill the player, not just to attack and steal some roids, but to wipe out his fleet, as well as his motivation to even wonder if he wants to re-build again. They sit behind this anonimaty and and laugh, knowing that thier alliance can not be labled for there actions.

I say if your going to play as an alliance, you should have the guts to tag your alliance., so others can see if it is worth retailing or not, And to have those that are not allied, given the decision to attack or not an allied player.

No I'm not saying this because it happened to me, for I have been allied since the beginning of the game, but have seen it happen to too many new players already to wonder if they will ever be back.

KASMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 22:55   #2
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough
Re: NON TAGGED ALLIANCE's

wierd post...
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 23:16   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think he's arguing that if you're in an alliance you should forego anonymity and actually display your tag, given the advantage you have, particularly over new players. It's an interesting thought.

I'm not that opposed, it wouldn't affect me playing given that the fact my planet is ascendancy should be staggeringly obvious to anyone that cares and it would give me a chance to relax the no coords rule.
Unread 8 Jul 2009, 23:39   #4
l0Lz

l0Lz is an unknown quantity at this point

tbh i think its not nice to implement,

first of all, this is a war game, so killing a fleet is part of it, every player can send his fleet away and normaly a FC is only done to a player of another top ally.

second, intel and a spy network is one of the fun things in this game, bringing the allies to public this part of the game would die instantly.

i suggest to new players that they join an ally to protect them from being bashed.

"Legends Fall & Heroes Die, But p3nguins just eat fish"
l0Lz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 01:01   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is not something I'm entirely opposed to, but publicly tagging planets is a big move and should be given an appropriate amount of thought.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 09:34   #6
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

or a scan that displays ally
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 10:54   #7
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

that idea i like machado i think thats a great idea

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 16:10   #8
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

I'm opposed to it, I don't hide myself really, I don't fake nick and so on... but why should these small planets be afraid to attack a bigger alliance? The #1 alliance is not always going to defend better than the #5 alliance, especially in a scenario where there is say a 6 alliance block against #1 from most all the top 10 alliances. He would more likely be defended by attacking that #5 alliance who has tons of def fleets sitting on the ready.

All it would do is put fear into him, the same fleet ships and quantities sent by an awesome alliance like Apprime could have been sent by some crappy alliance like p3nguins but the only difference between the two is the crappy alliance may be more likely to nub crash. But I don't see any reason to make small players more afraid of their target just by seeing openly which ally they are.

This would only make players less likely to hit the target they want just cause of the alliance tag which is bad.

Last edited by Ali; 9 Jul 2009 at 16:23.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 16:25   #9
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

What u got to hide anyway? /me likes.
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 17:01   #10
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

Absolutely nothing, just Mix's roids
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 17:18   #11
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

We used to have visible tags in the old days

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 17:27   #12
Ali
Subh HC

Yea, but the arguement is so noobs don't attack bigger planets... that would kinda go against the point of XP tho wouldn't it?
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 17:38   #13
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Well XP does courage to challence the people on top and above you, how ever a new player should probably focus on surviving him/herself and not be the one taking the big steps.
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 18:54   #14
Ali
Subh HC

True, but he still shouldnt attack a planet just cause of its ally, and what about if someone like ASS does a galraid, and it's members see 4 planets that are T3 allies... then they don't claim the gal just cause it's members become "fraid" of tehse alliances and such.

There is no reason to just give noobs a reason to be afraid of planets like that.
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 19:16   #15
Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
True, but he still shouldnt attack a planet just cause of its ally, and what about if someone like ASS does a galraid, and it's members see 4 planets that are T3 allies... then they don't claim the gal just cause it's members become "fraid" of tehse alliances and such.

There is no reason to just give noobs a reason to be afraid of planets like that.
Its giving them intel that they lack. As well as alliances choose targets based on their political status and based on what alliances the galaxy represents. Whats the difference to it?

Its not to scare them, but choose their targets more carely.

No offence taken about the ASS one, I see your point, how ever we do not care a tiny bit whom or how big is the target we hit, aslong as we can cover it somewhat decent. We neither play from high ranks really, so we don't cry over an ass whoop either
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 19:35   #16
Ali
Subh HC

was using ass as an example cause they're 11th... no other reason... but in general this was a reaosn why the idea was shot down in the past.

if the community wanted they could always name their planets
"Member" of "Apprime"
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 20:48   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The question is not "do people want it?" but "is it good for the game?".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2009, 21:34   #18
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

IIRC in the old days when we had it so tags were displayed the big alliances didn't tag up did they?

I seem to recall they just based defence around clusters, so if this occurred we might see cluster alliances appearing again?

I can't remember fully, it was when I was like 11 and not fully involved in the game :P
Unread 10 Jul 2009, 18:22   #19
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

In Rnd 1 and 2 VtS Fury and bluetuba were visibly tagged

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2009, 11:53   #20
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Anyone could tag whatever they wanted in those days. :-)

CpV also tagged iirc.
Unread 13 Jul 2009, 15:47   #21
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

we used to have visible tags in a different game, also alliance status similiar to galaxy status

was quite nice actually
Unread 13 Jul 2009, 17:51   #22
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Yes yes it was
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2009, 19:15   #23
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

This however work both ways tho don't it. You will also see who isn't tagged and are easy targets?

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2009, 02:08   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

WaC.
Unread 14 Jul 2009, 02:18   #25
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
This however work both ways tho don't it. You will also see who isn't tagged and are easy targets?
It could also work as an incentive to untagged players to tag up

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote