User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 11 May 2009, 23:25   #1
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Planetarion frontpage

I was a bit bored tonight and felt like making some planetarion related stuff.

What planetarion could use (imo) is a decent frontpage without being hit by a wall of text with no real clue what to do on the page.
Just a simple page with links to the most usefull things that looks sweet.

Here's my first attempt at it:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a.../frontpage.jpg

Keep in mind this is a work in progress.

Changes that still need to be made:
- Topmenu: atm it's just a quick version, needs to become alot better
- Login and signup buttons: same as topmenu
- Text: atm i feel it's not really commercial enough, copy pasted it from the portal but a new text is really needed. Same idea as now but should add that it's free to play.

I'll continue on it tomorrow, but am getting a bit too tired now

Comments + feedback would be nice

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 00:06   #2
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Planetarion frontpage

I'd kiss you again if I could..

It reminds of one of the early round home pages, I can't remember which though!
Unread 12 May 2009, 00:58   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Welcome to...

Round 3

Round 5

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 01:22   #4
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

I want the R3 frontpage back!
Well tbh anything is better then their "new" design.
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 01:59   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I do like redoing other people ideas... so with a few changes...

New portal?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 02:24   #6
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Really not that keen on the graphics...

The idea is along the right lines though.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 02:34   #7
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Veedeejem proposal of a simple splash page is excellent.
From all the proposals in term of graphics it appears the logo is a real concern. the smear we're being forced fed with would earn a grade E to any graphic design student (1st year). We might get used to it like i imagine being kicked in the nuts everyday wouldn't hurt that much after a while. But PA really need a real logo.
I like very much Mr Lobster hijack of the last official logo. He made it look stronger, it is an evolution for the better.
His page (apart from the floating helmet on the right corner) looks great and the use of a stylish font gives the game a feel of quality.

If the deciders could have a look at these proposals and make the right decision. No matter how improved the latest official design might be, this is better stuff.
Unread 12 May 2009, 07:17   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the game.planetarion.com pages were always splash pages, and what mrlobster was linking to. Then we redirected it straight to login as on one wanted to make an extra click. Also, splash pages for the portal are harder to index by search engines, especially the news items. We have a far far better indexed site for search engines than ever before thanks to cin, and that would be lost.
Unread 12 May 2009, 16:04   #9
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

I like Appoco's announcement in MrLobster's mock up...
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote