User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Dec 2005, 04:01   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Built like tanks...

So in the summer i moved in with a mate who was a gym freak and although i liked to keep fit through sports ( football, downhill MTB , canoeing, etc) i never reall done a lot of work in the gym. Anyway a few weeks after moving in my flatmate brought all his gym equip to our flat and suggested i start using them and take some supplements.

I opted for maximuscle Cyclone and started working out 2-3 times a week. That was in september. Holy crap i never realised it was this easy to get in shape. Now ive certainaly at least doubled all the weights i could rep when i started and i look in pretty good shape tooputting on at least a stone of muscle so far

I even conciously think about how to maximise my protien intake whenever im eating something. Anyway the point of this story isnt to blag etc but to say that i was someone who always rejected workouts etc due to laziness etc couldnt care less but OMG it is this easy. I think maybe it was easier for me cos all the equipment was in my flat and i can safely say it does feel easier doing it in ur own home than a gym.

My only fear is that i dont become obsessed with working out, but alas i think i still spend too much time online to be truly fit hee hee. But i recommed u guys try it at least once.

Aug 05 was 6'3 and 12 st now im 6'3 13st 2bls Just to prove it does work
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 04:29   #2
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Built like tanks...

hmm tell me how to work it out i will. but i was 6'3 and 12 stone before ie v skinny, now im still slim but with more muscle
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 04:57   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's easy while your under about 25, after that your body starts to die*. Enjoy it while you can.

*stop growing/age.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 05:07   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have 16 days to get in shape then :(

What gym equipment did your flatmate bring btw riona?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 05:13   #5
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Full set of bars - jerk,olympic,ez,bumbells plus a lot of assorted weights for them.
Also a multi bench style thing that can be used for bench pressing and can be adjusted in many ways, tbh i aint tried many of the positions yet. he just won £250 of silly high st gift vouchers from work so were gonna go raid jbb
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 05:19   #6
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

oh and dace last 3 times i try to pm you i get this :/
Dace has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

delete some crap and u wont regret it
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 05:27   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1 private message has been deleted
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 08:24   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unlike knowledge or Tetris, body building is not an end in itself. I want to hear some sort of gym/workout success story where there are tangible benefits outside of actually how much you can lift or how much muscle you have. Otherwise you may as well just play WoW - at least there the grind has onscreen stats on how you're doing.

Do you now fight crime with your new physique? Have you found you're getting laid 100x more often? (if that's still zero then it doesn't count). Give us all some incentive, damnit!
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:45   #9
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Do you now fight crime with your new physique? Have you found you're getting laid 100x more often? (if that's still zero then it doesn't count). Give us all some incentive, damnit!
Its fun to bully the security personal at your local discotheque

It is like driving a overpowered engine instead of a regular car. Your overall life quality increases.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:52   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
Yes, it must be. Although in a society of laws it would seem that the fear is misplaced. Big people are not scary, because big people are not above the law.

Quote:
It is like driving a overpowered engine instead of a regular car. Your overall life quality increases.
That's an interesting metaphor, since you can't really drive an engine. Except for the people who actually find strength to be applicable in their profession or sport or are aspiring to be in one that does, bodybuilders all seem to have massive personality deficiencies in one form or another.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 09:58   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Even if they weren't steroid abusing freaks themselves, they almost certainly have guns and/or other weapons about their person anyhow. I don't even want to know how many "reps" I'd need to do before I could bully people with weapons. That's the local places at least, at my regular haunts they're generally nice people and a pleasure to get on with so I've no real desire to bully them.
Quote:
I use public transport and don't really want to have a car so this analogy doesn't appeal.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:34   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

I play wow and do weight-training but I don't fight crime, I think I am actually weaker then before if you speak about 1 vs 1 combat situations as I feel slower and less flexible. I probably am better in floor fights now and can deal better with hits to the body but I haven't been in any situation of that kind (which is good).

Sex is better, I feel more good looking and more confident in bed. Stamina is a lot better due to fysical fitness and psychological stimulance. I don't think I would've less sex if I didn't work out with my current girlfriend. She isn't very visually focussed.

rawr

oh yeah rino, I grew 12 kilos during 10 months of training. It's addictive but it's a more healthier addiction then smoking
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:46   #13
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
bodybuilders all seem to have massive personality deficiencies in one form or another.

Same goes for adults writing like angsty teenagers on internet boards on a dailly base I've heard.

Seriously, how many bodybuilders do you know and in what degree are you capable of determing someones 'personal deficiencies' ?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:49   #14
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Sex is better, I feel more good looking and more confident in bed.
Quote:
She isn't very visually focussed.

btw: "1 on 1 combat situations"????

you're living in Holland Silversmoke, this isn't Kosovo.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:50   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I was already wondering, what's a yop tip but you edited it. Thanks for the golden tip though!
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:51   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Seriously, how many bodybuilders do you know and in what degree are you capable of determing someones 'personal deficiencies' ?

i know 2, one is a murderous psychopath and the other a bare knuckle fighter who has been hit in the head so many times he finds it hard to remember his own name, both are social inadequates
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:52   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN

btw: "1 on 1 combat situations"????

you're living in Holland Silversmoke, this isn't Kosovo.

Go clubbing in Rotterdam on a saturday night. Guaranteed 1 vs 1 combat situations with angry kids (read marrocan) if you don't watch out where you place your feet while dancing.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 10:57   #18
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Go clubbing in Rotterdam on a saturday night. Guaranteed 1 vs 1 combat situations with angry kids (read marrocan) if you don't watch out where you place your feet while dancing.
maybe you can try the Pim Fortuyn method?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 11:26   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
maybe you can try the Pim Fortuyn method?

Sounds like a plan but eventually you'll end up in a gangbang situation which might complicate things
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 11:44   #20
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
It's easy while your under about 25, after that your body starts to die*. Enjoy it while you can.

*stop growing/age.
OMG! That means I`ve been dying for the last 15 years.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 11:46   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Unlike knowledge or Tetris, body building is not an end in itself. I want to hear some sort of gym/workout success story where there are tangible benefits outside of actually how much you can lift or how much muscle you have. Otherwise you may as well just play WoW - at least there the grind has onscreen stats on how you're doing.

sex is better.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 12:26   #22
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Same goes for adults writing like angsty teenagers on internet boards on a dailly base I've heard.
It's all for sport.

Quote:
It's just a personal observation.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 14:38   #23
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Yes, it must be. Although in a society of laws it would seem that the fear is misplaced. Big people are not scary, because big people are not above the law.
sure ... and because of that, we all know that anybody who ever claimed they have been stalked, pushed around, bullied, pressured or threatened is lying - because the law forbids it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
That's an interesting metaphor, since you can't really drive an engine. Except for the people who actually find strength to be applicable in their profession or sport or are aspiring to be in one that does, bodybuilders all seem to have massive personality deficiencies in one form or another.
And you get awfully defensive when somebody just mentions physical advantages.

I personally dont like the title because it gives a bit of a wrong impression and i also dont like the term "bodybuilding" because most people who dont know much about it associate it with blownup drug-abusers. What they dont realise is that many people who just look fit and healthy do it without ever coming close to a magazine picture of a bodybuilder.

I have seen at least 3 types of bodybuilders in common gyms and the heavy drug abusers are a rather "small" faction. A much better and more appropriate term for most people would be like Joe Weider called it "Widerstandstraining" (no clue how to translate that... anybody?)
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 15:00   #24
Ramihyn
Emperor

Quote:
Even if they weren't steroid abusing freaks themselves, they almost certainly have guns and/or other weapons about their person anyhow. I don't even want to know how many "reps" I'd need to do before I could bully people with weapons. That's the local places at least, at my regular haunts they're generally nice people and a pleasure to get on with so I've no real desire to bully them.
Well if you want to talk seriously about it - no amount of "reps" or weightlifting will do that for you. From a certain point on building more muscle mass means you get slower. 30% weight- and 70% martial arts training should do. It depends on how you train with the weights.

And then there is murphys law about combat ...

Quote:
I use public transport and don't really want to have a car so this analogy doesn't appeal.
In my analogy that means you rely on calling the police or getting help from other people instead of beeing able to control a situation. The point in beeing physically bigger or better in hand to hand combat is to control a situation and not to escalate it.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 15:32   #25
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Unlike knowledge or Tetris, body building is not an end in itself.
Nonsense. A fair few people do it as an end in itself, simply because they enjoy seeing how much they can lift and watching themselves get bigger. For them, I suppose its no different from the enjoyment you get from seeing yourself become better at chess or football, or trying to beat your high score at pacman
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 15:44   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Nonsense. A fair few people do it as an end in itself
Obviously I was speaking for myself which is why I made the tongue in cheek reference to Tetris.

You ****.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 18:15   #27
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:

Well, if you play a sport, training is merely a means to an end.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 18:19   #28
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Well, if you play a sport, training is merely a means to an end.
are you simple?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 18:45   #29
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Stamina is a lot better due to fysical fitness
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:31   #30
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
sure ... and because of that, we all know that anybody who ever claimed they have been stalked, pushed around, bullied, pressured or threatened is lying - because the law forbids it.
You just have to have confidence in the law, and then you bully back. What are they going to do? Kill you? That's the end for them too then isn't it. If they hit you? That's assault & battery, and they'll go to jail for it. People who are willing to resort to violence because they are big are cowards. The small guy who stands up to such nonsense is courageous. If you're dealing with a crazed behemoth on drugs, then I suggest running.

Quote:
And you get awfully defensive when somebody just mentions physical advantages.
Very small people like me are intimidated by big people and resort to wisely underhand tactics and always resent big muscular people. It's just how us tiny people are. The truth is large folk like you are charismatic, intrepid, good handsome people who are natural leaders, and I just resent it. In a perfect world you'd have all the wealth and the women in the world, and us small men would be your servants whom you could smack around at will. We'd listen to your guidance and learn to understand your wisdom, but deep down you'll know that being small and all - we're only harboring deep resentment at our physical stature. Of course you'd teach us a lesson by giving us a well deserved kick in the face.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 20:02   #31
Charjerk

Charjerk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k

Very small people like me are intimidated by big people and resort to wisely underhand tactics and always resent big muscular people. It's just how us tiny people are. The truth is large folk like you are charismatic, intrepid, good handsome people who are natural leaders, and I just resent it. In a perfect world you'd have all the wealth and the women in the world, and us small men would be your servants whom you could smack around at will. We'd listen to your guidance and learn to understand your wisdom, but deep down you'll know that being small and all - we're only harboring deep resentment at our physical stature. Of course you'd teach us a lesson by giving us a well deserved kick in the face.
Well, I am a smallish guy, but big guys never intimidated me. Self-esteem should not be let go that easily. Is there really a need for a pissing contest. Wisdom and size are different things. Do we have to obsessesed about outlook. I believe it is important only to a certain extent. Beyond that, it is made utterly important by a system that is doing its best to render the society especially the youth posessed with material. A big guy who boasts about his body can only have a brain a size of a peanut.

There are better ways, friend just trust yourself.
Or you may end up being advised to try to hide their glasses too.

Last edited by Charjerk; 22 Dec 2005 at 20:10.
Charjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 20:23   #32
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Before May 2005 my condition (lungs) was average or below average I guess. I started breathing heavily even if I just walked up a few stairs. I had always wanted to get a better lung-capacity, but I really got around to start doing something with it. In May 2005 I finally started running about 5-6km 3-4 times a week. It only took me a month(!) to get my lung-capacity up to an amazing level.

The hardest part of excercising isn't to excercise, but to start. Once I had started I couldn't stop.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 20:39   #33
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charjerk
Well, I am a smallish guy, but big guys never intimidated me. Self-esteem should not be let go that easily. Is there really a need for a pissing contest. Wisdom and size are different things. Do we have to obsessesed about outlook. I believe it is important only to a certain extent. Beyond that, it is made utterly important by a system that is doing its best to render the society especially the youth posessed with material. A big guy who boasts about his body can only have a brain a size of a peanut.

There are better ways, friend just trust yourself.
Or you may end up being advised to try to hide their glasses too.
I'm sorry I think you missed the massive amounts of cyncism in my post, and probably don't know I'm 6'2 and weigh 250lbs.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 20:43   #34
Charjerk

Charjerk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I'm sorry I think you missed the massive amounts of cyncism in my post, and probably don't know I'm 6'2 and weigh 250lbs.
UUups
Charjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 21:54   #35
Ramihyn
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You just have to have confidence in the law, and then you bully back. What are they going to do? Kill you? That's the end for them too then isn't it. If they hit you? That's assault & battery, and they'll go to jail for it.
Visit me and spend a saturday evening with me in some clubs and i guarantee you that some fighting with drugged people will happen. To think they all end up in jail is naive at best. I guess it depends where you live at and where you go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
People who are willing to resort to violence because they are big are cowards. The small guy who stands up to such nonsense is courageous.
Small or big doesnt decide who wins, but if we would assume for a moment that small = weak and big = strong, then the small man "standing up to such nonsense" isnt courageous, but stupid. Sun Tzu thinks so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
If you're dealing with a crazed behemoth on drugs, then I suggest running.
Why run? drugged people have usually bad reflexes and terrible coordination. In that case i would even think it is cowardly to run if you can fight, because the person will pick somebody else who may not be able to fight back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Once again you get awfully defensive. Whats the point? You want to deny that somebody who excercises with weights and trains martial arts for a while has a better chance in a fistfight?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 22:06   #36
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
if we would assume for a moment that small = weak and big = strong, then the small man "standing up to such nonsense" isnt courageous, but stupid. Sun Tzu thinks so too
in what possible way do you suppose the art of war applies to a mild disagreement between two people in the context of a fairly heavily policed and monitored society? seriously, are you completely out of your tree?

Or actually are you just a bit of a twat who can't back up an argument with relevant sources?

(oh: and s|k's a big burly ex-military guy who could have you in a fight and then **** your mother afterward just to prove a point. saying he's insecure about his fitness isn't just stupid, it's hilariously stupid.)
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 23:23   #37
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
(oh: and s|k's a big burly ex-military guy who could have you in a fight and then **** your mother afterward just to prove a point. saying he's insecure about his fitness isn't just stupid, it's hilariously stupid.)
Is this where your supposed to say "anytime any place" ?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 23:59   #38
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this is hopefully back on topic.

The reason most people think that getting fit or in shape or just losing weight is hard is because of a lot of crap in the media and what not.

I think most people here realise that fad diets do not work but a lot of people don't. With deprivation diets, your body ends up storing even more of the fat from the food you do eat to make up for the lack of it from your food, then when you go back to normal diet, your body carries on this trend and you end up putting on loads of weight because of what you ahve done to your metabolism by not eating enough.

Its obvious that the best way to lose weight is to do exercise, although its strange that you use most of the energy in your body when you sleep, so this is potentially the best way to lose weight, while sleeping. THe best way to do this is to build muscle, not you look pumped up, but just so you have slightly bigger muscles. This means you burn more energy while your sleeping because more energy is needed to regulate this extra tissue. I think as little as 6lb's extra muscle weight can help boost your energy usage, so you lose even more weight.

The trouble is, people think building muscles is so difficult, they don't realise how easy it actually is. You need foods high in protein - chicken or turkey, turkey is better since it has less fat although its tasteless. Basically, you can eat whatever you want but it has to be good. There are different kinds of fats and some are good and some are evil. Anyway, you can build enough muscle to lose weight by just doing 20 minutes of exercise a day, its anaerobic though so running won't really help but it can supplement it.

I think my point is, losing weight or gaining weight through muscle, or generally getting fitter is really quite easy, its jsut that more people need to leanr how to do it and not believe that healthy lifestyles are only achieved by superhumans, the super rich or the super crazy people with hours and hours spare.

I went to the gym for a few months and I didn't eat quite right but I lost some fat, gained some good shape to my body and felt much better. Although now I'm a lazy slob because i stopped going at uni because I was too lazy to sign up, but come the new term I'm going because I had far too much stress and I needed to work it out.

But yeah, gym good, don't go crazy though and be Arnie, he sucks
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:07   #39
Ramihyn
Emperor

Quote:
in what possible way do you suppose the art of war applies to a mild disagreement between two people in the context of a fairly heavily policed and monitored society?
It seems you have missed two points - the fact that "the art of war" is cited everywhere nowadays in business and is "supposedly" been read by many "managers" and therefore regularly cited plus the smiley i placed at the end of the sentence hinting at a "tong in cheek" comment.

Whats the point of your "heavily policed and monitored society" comment? Did you miss reading the papers lately? Some people here act like no violence exists on the streets and in the rare case it does - a bunch of police officers jumps out of a nearby hedge and arrests the bully while the public crowd cheers and throws flowers.

Quote:
Or actually are you just a bit of a twat who can't back up an argument with relevant sources?
Im glad you jumped right into the "discussion" with a personal insult. This seems to be a repeating pattern on this group.

So which "argument" do you so nicely ask me to "back up"?

IMHO it is stupid to pick or provoke a fight if you cant win it. If you think thats courageous and not stupid, then we disagree. A lot of people i know would disagree with you too and i mean from martial arts instructors, security personel, medic personel and other people who actually have experience with the results of such "courageous" acts.

And just for you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
Generally in warfare:

If ten times the enemy's strength, surround them;

if five times, attack them;

if double, divide them;

if equal, be able to fight them;

if fewer, be able to evade them;

if weaker, be able to avoid them.
Note the absence of any "if weaker, be courageous" rule

However i dont claim it to be a law of nature - if you disagree, then thats fine with me but wont change my mind.

Quote:
a) you have no clue about me so what exactly do you "compare" here?
b) good going for trying to move a discussion about the benefits of excercises with weights into a "my daddy can beat up your daddy" contest. But to encourage more of that - 6'2 and 250 pounds wouldnt mean i automatically avoid a fight
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:17   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

On topic, what happens if you stop exercising btw? Do you just automatically become a fatty, or does it depend on what you were originally? It seems fairly "addictive" if you can't stop something without horrible side-effects.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:27   #41
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Well obviously if you stop using your muscles, you'll lose them. Sometimes it will jsut waste away, sometimes it will turn into fat.

It also depends on your metabolism, I have a super fast one so even though I've stopped exercising I haven't put on any weight, my muscles are slightly smaller, but once you ahve muscles its relatively easy to keep them, its getting them that the trouble.

As for exercising, if you caryr on with the same diet you had while exercising you will get fat because you will have, in theory, increased your calory intake slightly to cope with the exercising, depending on what you're doing.

Basically though, if you were fat before you were exercising, and you stop the likelihood you will put the weight back on if you carry on with the same sort of lifestyle. However, weight isn't realy dictated by exercise its by diet so as long as you don't have a fat diet you won't get fat.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:53   #42
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
The reason most people think that getting fit or in shape or just losing weight is hard is bIts obvious that the best way to lose weight is to do exercise, although its strange that you use most of the energy in your body when you sleep, so this is potentially the best way to lose weight, while sleeping.
I've never heard this before and I'm almost certain its wrong. Why would your body use more energy while sleeping than being awake; that doesnt make sense.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:54   #43
KaneED
Motherfracker

It does, I don't know why but I've read about it.

Obviously that doesn't mean its right, but I think most of your digestion and recuperation goes on in the night so that may be the source of it.

Oh, and I mean in the sense of being idle you use more energy in the night, not while exercising/walking/doing normal things
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 01:01   #44
Nodrog

Well I dont believe it, since it just sounds obviously wrong. I tried to google to find out but couldnt come up with any respectable sources, however the few relevant hits all suggest that you burn less while sleeping even though theres nothing authorative there.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 01:08   #45
KaneED
Motherfracker

Furry muff. I can't prove it either, but its just something I've read about but can't remember from.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 03:29   #46
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
are you simple?
No, I realised that it was a stupid reply but couldn't be arsed to delete it.

I just don't really care what some annoying internet persona (who likes indie, of all things) thinks of me.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 10:55   #47
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I've never heard this before and I'm almost certain its wrong. Why would your body use more energy while sleeping than being awake; that doesnt make sense.
Sorry KaneED but nod is correct. The recovery of your muscle groups happens while you sleep, hence why it is best to take a protein shake right before you go bed, in order to best aid this. I think you might be getting recovery mixed up with fat burning.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 12:33   #48
KaneED
Motherfracker

No not fat burning, calorie burning, surely you burn calories while you help your muscles repair?
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 12:49   #49
Game^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
No not fat burning, calorie burning, surely you burn calories while you help your muscles repair?
Minimal amount maybe, but no where near enough to say "most calories burnt whilst asleep". Most calories are burnt through the actual exercise, and you can maintain a pretty high rate of calorie burn for a few hours afterwards too, dependant on the exercise you were doing. It is worth noting as well that without the exercise your body wont need to repair during sleep, so without the exercise you cant burn anything while sleeping.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 13:59   #50
KaneED
Motherfracker

Yeah but I was talking about calorie burn in an idle state, not while exercising.