User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 11:07   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
I've worked out why Dell are so rich

So here I am, sitting in my office and the following conversation occurs :

Kevin : Matt, I need a new laptop
Matt : What spec are you looking at
Kevin : Dont know, something to run AutoCAD software and general surfing the internet
Matt : Anything I should know?
Kevin : Yes, we only have a business account with Dell and since the director is away, we have to buy from Dell and you have a budget of £450.

So I hop along to the Dell website and start looking around I find a laptop for £399 which I think should be worth while. So I proceed to the ordering page and decide to order with it a bigger battery and the driver CD (which they now actually charge for) and I go to the check out. Now the price has suddenly inflated to £465.06. Dell are charging £51.06 for the postage of the said laptop, driver CD and battery. So for fun (having a slow day as you can tell), I removed the driver CD and battery so it went back to the original spec (as advertised for £399) and went to the check out and I was still expected £51.06 for the postage of just the laptop.

Is this just Dell being blood sucking demons or is this the norm for buying laptops online? Ive just looked on eBuyer at there postage rates and for the same spec system your charged the princely sum of £4.69.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote