User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jan 2005, 16:55   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The pictures behind your eyes

now, this may seem silly as ive put the question to people ive met irl as well and got completely negative responses, but i thought i'd try again, just in case.

I don't find it particularly easy to get to sleep sometimes, often spending hours lying in pitch dark attempting to 'nod off'. Its not insomnia or anything like that, just a random annoyance i get now and again. Anyway, the point is, that when i close my eyes, my mind wanders, my attention flickers from different things and i can't really control it. But, i do see patterns on my eyelids, moving patterns, whatever, and sometimes try to concentrate on them to go to sleep. Obviously there is nothing really there and its just my eyes trying to make sense of nothing, or something. Its great though, they change from people and monsters and lovely visual effects, really takes the edge off lying in the dark with nothing to do.

and the obvious question, does anyone else do this?
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 16:56   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The pictures behind your eyes

Nope when I close my eyes it's literally pitch black, if a light comes on I can usually see it through them though.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 16:58   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You see visions!!

beatification awaits.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 17:04   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

not really.

one word - Nytol
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 17:26   #5
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

i usually just jerk off, puts me to sleep real fast

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 17:40   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I can see zig-zags and swirling things now and again if I concentrate on seeing them when I close my eyes but I've not done that in a long time.

Usually it was some sort of entertainment for me when I would be sent to bed early as a kid. When your 7 & 8 they can be entertaining in a strange way.
Just more of an irritation nowadays so I've trained myself not to see em I guess.

And no,they haven't changed into monsters,people,giant internet penises chasing me etc.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 17:40   #7
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

I don't see images as such, but if I'm in the dark and close my eyes there is a constant static effect in my view.

In fact, if its mostly dark, if I focus on a white wall, it looks like there is constant blue static all over it. Although thats new.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 18:10   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

If I get stressed, or eat cheese/chocolate/red wine I see flashy-lights and patterns with my eyes open.
Then I get the worst headache imaginable, followed by nausea and just general painfulness.
Aren't migraines great? :|
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 18:12   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im still yet to see proof that migraines actually exist and its not just a worldwide conspiracy of people who want frequent days off work...

so... no.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 18:24   #10
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I get the same kind of thing when I stay up late rather than going to bed when I'm tired.

Its usually because you spend the last part of the evening thinking about things such as philosophical problems, or flashy art that you'd like to create, and your mind generally starts making connections and so on. I find the best way to prevent this from happening is to watch a really orthodox program and not do too much brainwork for about 30 minutes before you sleep, and IF you do think of an outstanding idea, write it down in full, as your body will keep you awake incase you forget it overnight.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 18:35   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sleep's fo' fags.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 18:59   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The patterns are generally abnormalities (eg, disconnected blood vessels) wandering around in your eye and coming into your field of vision.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 20:54   #13
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
yup. it's like when you look a lightblub straight on, then shut your eyes, then watch the patterns.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 20:58   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
You see visions!!

beatification awaits.
Or Sectioning.

Although its a thin line between Genius and Madness.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 21:59   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe you should do less drugs deepflow?
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:12   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was taught in GCSE biology that those patterns were solar radiation which we can't see normally, or something like that.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:16   #17
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I always see...
No, wait, I'm not going to tell you that. You'll think I'm crazy.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:23   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I was taught in GCSE biology that those patterns were solar radiation which we can't see normally, or something like that.
Really?
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:26   #19
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Really?
Yes, I take it I was horribly misinformed then?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:28   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I don't know. It's possible, but I'm sceptical.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:32   #21
All Systems Go

Quote:
I don't know. It's possible, but I'm sceptical.
I thought you knew everything about everything.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:34   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The pictures behind your eyes

Quote:
I thought you knew everything about everything.
I think you're confusing him with Stephen Hawking.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:38   #23
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
now, this may seem silly as ive put the question to people ive met irl as well and got completely negative responses, but i thought i'd try again, just in case.

I don't find it particularly easy to get to sleep sometimes, often spending hours lying in pitch dark attempting to 'nod off'. Its not insomnia or anything like that, just a random annoyance i get now and again. Anyway, the point is, that when i close my eyes, my mind wanders, my attention flickers from different things and i can't really control it. But, i do see patterns on my eyelids, moving patterns, whatever, and sometimes try to concentrate on them to go to sleep. Obviously there is nothing really there and its just my eyes trying to make sense of nothing, or something. Its great though, they change from people and monsters and lovely visual effects, really takes the edge off lying in the dark with nothing to do.

He's a witch! BURN HIM!!!!!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:43   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I think you're confusing him with Stephen Hawking.
You crack me up some times.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 17:43   #25
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
I don't see images as such, but if I'm in the dark and close my eyes there is a constant static effect in my view.

In fact, if its mostly dark, if I focus on a white wall, it looks like there is constant blue static all over it. Although thats new.

i get this as well
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 18:49   #26
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i get this as well
Me too, but that's generally when it gets dark and I look at things. I thought I simply had bad vision.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 18:58   #27
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

I found while bored in church that if I close my eyes tight and apply pressure to my eyelids at the tear ducts I have massive hallucinations in which I thought I was a space traveller.

It was awesome.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:03   #28
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Apparently it is true we can sometimes see high velocity particles emitted from say, the sun.
anyone heard of neutrinos and the big tanks filled with water that people look at for sparks... your eye is like that
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:04   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I take it you liked The Loved One, Deepflow.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:18   #30
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

I doubt very much that your eyelid is the right density or in the right volume to block enough radiation and give of enough energy as light for you to have consistent visible patterns.
In your example it took "big" tanks of water to provide enough dense material to ensure at least some particles being blocked. And even then it only made sparks.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:23   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
I doubt very much that your eyelid is the right density or in the right volume to block enough radiation and give of enough energy as light for you to have consistent visible patterns.
Nobody was suggesting that your eyes can pick up neutrinos.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:26   #32
Gumbie
SiN HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Apparently it is true we can sometimes see high velocity particles emitted from say, the sun.
anyone heard of neutrinos and the big tanks filled with water that people look at for sparks... your eye is like that
Yes they were. Or at least that your eyes could pick up normally invisible solar radiation by exciting the material in your eyelids or eyeballs.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:30   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yes they were. Or at least that your eyes could pick up normally invisible solar radiation by exciting the material in your eyelids or eyeballs.
I didn't know the only form of radiation from the sun was in the form of neutrinoes. We learn something new every day!

I think you've ignored the possibility of a form of pseudovisable light, that we can only faintly detect with our eyes, and thus is swamped by any 'normal' light. Or something of a similar fashion.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:38   #34
Gumbie
SiN HC

I'm not denying that some light could be picked up once filtered.

I'm denying that your eyes are going to be excited by solar radiation and emit light of their own, which is what the nutrinos through water tanks experiment was.

Congrats on breaking a straw man's legs.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:54   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The pictures behind your eyes

Quote:
You crack me up some times.
One day, I intend to get you angry to the point where you break people's arms.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:54   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I'm denying that your eyes are going to be excited by solar radiation and emit light of their own, which is what the nutrinos through water tanks experiment was.
You're the one who introduced neutrinoes to this discussion
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:55   #37
Gumbie
SiN HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
You lose. Also, cunning edit to lessen the extent of your digging.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:57   #38
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe you should do less drugs deepflow?
i knew someone was going to say this, i thought more of you however
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 19:58   #39
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I feel like I am missing out, I never see anything when my eyes are closed except sometimes changes in the light outside. Was freaking me out for a while as I kept going to bed at roughly the same time and after lying there for a bit it kept going suddenly darker. It took me nearly a week to realise it was the lights on the car park being turned off.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:05   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You lose. Also, cunning edit to lessen the extent of your digging.
If I didn't reply to it, it's not a post!

Yeah, he was wrong. Really wrong.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:06   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i knew someone was going to say this, i thought more of you however
Maybe that's because you do so many drugs.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:10   #42
Gumbie
SiN HC

I think there's an interesting possibility on the filter effect you suggested though. Coupled with some subconscious from being in a half sleep state, seeing things you normally wouldn't could spare hallucinations. The question is, what could create such an effect in a dark room?

I think we need a Government enquiry into the matter, starting with a large grant ^_^

<toot> what do you think
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:17   #43
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe that's because you do so many drugs.
probably

lifes so depressing sometimes
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:31   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
starting with a large grant
Will this one do?
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:32   #45
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
If I didn't reply to it, it's not a post!

Yeah, he was wrong. Really wrong.
I don't see how he's wrong. If he's referring to the putative effect that astronauts see flashes when their eyes are closed, caused by cosmic radiation. It's like the neutrino detector tanks.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:35   #46
Gumbie
SiN HC

Eastenders is illegal.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:38   #47
Gumbie
SiN HC

That will be radiation directly striking the retina through the eyeball and closed eyelids, not exciting some of the jelly making it emit its own light which the retina picks up, which is what happens in the tanks.

Subtle difference, but it's what makes his example invalid (IMO)

<toot> what do you think
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 21:15   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
I don't see how he's wrong. If he's referring to the putative effect that astronauts see flashes when their eyes are closed, caused by cosmic radiation. It's like the neutrino detector tanks.
Yeah, but we're not astronauts are we?
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 21:22   #49
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

honestly you kids ... tut tut.

he said he had trouble nodding off in pitch black, there's not going to be any sunlight or special magic bunny radiation around is there?

did no one simply point out that the rod and cone cells at the back of the eye can be stimulated by things other than light.

the two most common causes are having a stroke, the other simple physical pressure.

let's all learn by doing. close your eyes, and press you eyeballs (gently unless i don't like you) and watch the pretty colours.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 21:25   #50
Gumbie
SiN HC

I mentioned doing that about 22 posts ago.

I also mentioned the question of "what light is there to stimulate" about 8 posts ago.

Ergo, I am Tut immune

<toot> what do you think