User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:01   #1
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Favourite Game Of All Time

Which one is it? It doesn't have to be 'best', or anytihng, just the one you like the mostest in the whole wide world of gaming experience.

Personally I'd probably go with Populous II.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:02   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Favourite Game Of All Time

toss up between final fantasy 7, quakeworld, go or planetarion round < 4
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:04   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Favourite Game Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
final fantasy 7
why, mr gordon!
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:17   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Personally I'd probably go with Populous II.
ooh populous II, used to love that (amiga version).... wasted soooo much time on it, would be in my top 10

I need thinking time for my fave though... (and I'm slightly worried to be thinking that someone who likes populous II and sings "rawhide" can't be all bad)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:19   #5
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Missle Command for Atari.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:23   #6
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

either tekken 3 or alpha centauri
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:23   #7
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

Civilisation (1 or 2 - spent so long on both in order to try and complete it in every way)
Age of Empires 2 - if the community hadn't started to dwindle I'd probably still be playing it, though it was getting a little repetitve at top level games, as it was less to do with how you played, but how fast you could do certain things and how well you could read the opponent.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:24   #8
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Colonization.

The game I got most into I guess... I generally dont play games though.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:25   #9
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

I loved that game but I didn't think it had much staying power really - once you beat the Kings forces a few times it gets a little repetitive.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:30   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah... colonization! that was ace spent ages playing that with my brother, fights over computer etc.

also, out of interest super, what are the top races in age of empires?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:34   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

xcom.
the original.

i still play it to this very day on this pc vastly faster than it ever knew.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:38   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I got X-Com for a few quid at a while back, and I finally managed to complete it for the first time, only after about nine or so years after it had first been released.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:43   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Championship Manager

followed closely by X - Beyond the Frontier

Then Transport Tycoon (Original & Deluxe)
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:43   #14
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

online: planetarion (the old pa that is)
snes: mariokart and kick off III
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 02:45   #15
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Speedball 2, on the Atari ST.

That was one of my favourite multiplayer gamers (2 players).
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:20   #16
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

StarCraft
Super Metroid
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:20   #17
Super
Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
also, out of interest super, what are the top races in age of empires?
With the most recent patch I believe it's the huns. The no-house bonus sounds like something small, but the amount of time and resources saved is monsterous. It meant that in feudal age they could field a superior force to any other civ in the traditional sense (skirms, scouts and spearmen). However at the higher levels you often have problems finding good competition and have to settle with optimistic players who copy the styles of the better players. This is where I tested civs like Teutons (as their farming bonus was also very good) and Mayans (in the hands of a good player they can take you by surprise, but in doing so made themselves very fragile). Goths were actually a godlike civ if you could balance your economy right and be prepared to micromanage your army well, as you can pump out 40 or so Men @ Arms fairly quickly, but you'll have to stop the archers if the guy isn't a retard.

Both when used properly were a match for the Huns, and confused the dimwitted players who simply copyed everything the elite did, as when you did something different they caved very quickly. Unfortuantly, a good number of people played Huns non-stop until they were pretty much unbeatable unless you were Huns too, thus made the game very boring with both people doing the same thing and just waiting for the other to make a small mistake.

In the feudal age the best civs are: Huns, Teutons, Britons (i think) and Mongols (if you're very fast), Goths (if you want to amuse yourself and destroy their base with masses of Men@Arms)
Castle age: Huns, Teutons, Celts, Aztec/Maya (if you're very quick to castle - e.g. 13 mins)
Imperial: Huns, Teutons, Turks (in team games), Celts, Koreans (unbeatable if they get a good amount of resources - literally unbeatable), Goths (because no one can survive constant floods of champions + huskarls)

(yes I miss it)
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:34   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

what was so good about hte koreans? i cant remember their special unit :/
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:39   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Was playing AOE 2 again last night. Basically , IMHO , the Mongols are the race to choose.

Just sit a couple of dozen fighting men in front of a small army of Mangudai is almost unbeatable without a serious amount of Archers. And even then , its hard to get at them.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:41   #20
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Elite Dog-Kebab-Makers?

I dunno.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 03:43   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Civilisation and Civ II for the simple fact that by the time I was bored with civ civ II was out. Command and Conquer (the original, RA was alright, TS is condemned along with such things as Godfather Part III and Batman and Robin, RA2 is distinctly average) and quakeworld do run it close though.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 04:04   #22
Super
Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Was playing AOE 2 again last night. Basically , IMHO , the Mongols are the race to choose.

Just sit a couple of dozen fighting men in front of a small army of Mangudai is almost unbeatable without a serious amount of Archers. And even then , its hard to get at them.
No. Mongols don't have the economy to get far in the game unless you feudal at about 9mins. While this is easily possible with Mongols, its very hard to make something of it. However, yes in imperial age when gold is scarce, and army of mangudai is very powerful. I believe they even beat an army of skirmishers, which is ironic as their sole purpose is to kill archers.

Quote:
The Korean UU was a War Wagon, which not only was almost immune to archers (9 or so piercing armour, when most archers did around 10 damage (i.e. 1 damage to the wagon)), but had around 200 hit points, high conventional armour, did around the same damage as a Longbowman and had about the same range. When you think about it, the only possible option is siege as nothing else will be able to get close to the Wagons, so you backed the wagons up with Korean Siege Onagers (catapults) which had the same range as longbowmen (13 - the only thing greater is the Cannon ships and trebuchets). With that army you were pretty much guaranteed a win. Paladins were a very good counter, but even so they'd have to stop and fight the wagons, while if you really had to you could wipe them out with the catapults, thus still winning. But most people tended to just back them up with pikemen too, so there was literally no counter for the army.

At top levels though it tended to fall down, as not only would you have to get all the way to imperial age with a decent economy without being wiped out (which you would, as no one wants to fight against a korean army), but very good players would be able to beat the army using sheer micromanagement. Archers by nature attack the unit with the highest piercing armour, and as Wagons have piercing attack, all you had to do was send in battering rams with halbediers/pikmen inside so the wagons would attack the rams, and the pikemen would clear up. This worked even better with Celts, where the rams could speed in and the pikemen could run around very fast. But at most levels of the game people would never think of this as they wouldn't understand the rules of piercing armour etc.

I think the Koreans also had Cannon Towers that had like 15 range as well, so if you really want to **** the guy over you could always make them at strategic spots.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 05:39   #23
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Hmm probably no one favourite but my top games would include:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
Goldeneye(N64)
CM2 97/98 (PC)
Super Mario 3 (Nes)
Premier Manager (Amiga)
Power Monger(Amiga)
Speedball 2(Amiga)
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 06:42   #24
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

championship manager 3.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 06:43   #25
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

or possibly medieval:total war
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 07:28   #26
Random
living under a rock

Random is an unknown quantity at this point

The best game of all time is HIDE AND SEEK. It's fun to play even as an adult.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 07:39   #27
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point

I really love ffx, though ff7 is also at the top of my list.

Also am enjoying ffx-2 atm

[M&S]
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:11   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Elite 2

Notable mentions : Street Fighter 2 : Turbo, Civ 2, Monkey Island, Fallout, Starcraft & Counterstrike, R2 PA.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:11   #29
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Mario Kart, ff7 / X, Planetarion r1-3, Action Quake2 / Q2DM and Max Payne

(plus Icarus and super mario bros 1 for NES)

Best ever would be: Dungeon Keeper and Fallout 2
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:33   #30
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

The game that sucked me up most badly was for sure Elite, it's amazing.

Some follow ups could be
Civ 2, Streetfighter 2 turbo, Speedball 2, Populous2, Powermonger, Goldeneye, Sensible Soccer (multiplayer) amongst some others which I don't remember at the moment as I just woke up.

edit:
Ultima Underworld
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:55   #31
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

FF7, Deus Ex
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 09:54   #32
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Elite 2

Notable mentions : Street Fighter 2 : Turbo, Civ 2, Monkey Island, Fallout, Starcraft & Counterstrike, R2 PA.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 10:31   #33
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Civ II, Monkey Island, Daggerfall - can't decide between these three :\
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 10:58   #34
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

rings of power on the mega drive, i still have a mega drive just for this game (i know i could just get the rom, but i dont care)
Monkey Island, sheer genius
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:23   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Rings of Power is quite possibly my favourite RPG ever. When my new comp arrives, this will be the first thing I download.

It was obscenely far ahead of it's time, (Okay, so in graphics, sound and music it was still at some point around 1985.) really, when you consider how many shite, formulaic and linear most RPG's there were at the time on consoles.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:35   #36
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

CM3

I've spent more hours playing it than any other game.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 12:49   #37
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Dark Project 2
any of the Leisure Suit Larry games
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:19   #38
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Can't believe noone hase mentioned SimCity yet. The SNES version was pretty fun.
Also F-Zero for SNES, wow.
Need to mention Super Mario 64 here, for its huge worlds and revolutionary playing style, although I think, RPGs shouldn't really count, as you can "complete" them.

None the less, I agree with Civilisation, Colonisation, and StarCraft.
Ouh, and for all the German ppl out there: Anno 1602 is quite the king of games as well...
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:23   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Can't believe noone hase mentioned SimCity yet. The SNES version was pretty fun.
Also F-Zero for SNES, wow.
Need to mention Super Mario 64 here, for its huge worlds and revolutionary playing style, although I think, RPGs shouldn't really count, as you can "complete" them.

None the less, I agree with Civilisation, Colonisation, and StarCraft.
Ouh, and for all the German ppl out there: Anno 1602 is quite the king of games as well...
Mario 3 is better than Mario 64, and Mario 64 is not an RPG anyway. It's a 3D platformer.

Your criticism of RPG's makes little sense anyway; you can 'complete' a racing game; strategy games are much less varied than RPG's (with less scope) and you don't criticise them either.

ps.

ArcElite.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:35   #40
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Space Invaders
Pacman
Worms
Bomberman
Planetarion rounds 1, 3, 3 and 4 (sup Nod)
Sonic The Hedgehog
Super Mario 3
GoldenEye
Counterstrike
Transport Tycoon (sup Kura)
Civ 1 and 2
Minesweeper (yes!)
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 13:42   #41
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Transport Tycoon (sup Kura)
heh.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:00   #42
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

Chaos.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 14:56   #43
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Duke 3d (why has noone said this yet?)
C&C RA/ 2
Deus ex
Cm series
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:03   #44
Brunken Dastard
Is it your round?

Brunken Dastard is an unknown quantity at this point

Kick Off 2 will always be my first love!

also loved CM2, and Carrier Command on the ST.
Brunken Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:04   #45
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
Duke 3d (why has noone said this yet?)
C&C RA/ 2
Deus ex
Cm series
Hmm, Duke 3D was 'ok' - I loved the earlier levels, but it got a bit fking stupid later on, the levels became far far far too much like mazes, and I resorted to running around mashing random buttons in a vain attempt to finish the level.

It doesnt stand up to comparison with something like Halflife, which had a far better storyline, level layout, etc.

For me, Final Fantasy 7 is still the single best game I've played, it had everything I wanted. Good storyline, imersive characters, as well as a load of sub-plots, and great gameplay.

However, it doesnt stand up to the test of time as well as something like Tetris, or CM2 did. Both of which have sucked up so much of my life that I can only begin to guess what my life would have been like if I hadnt encountered them.

(I'd be a millionaire for sure, yo)
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:04   #46
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Wonderboy , closely tied with new zealand story on the spectrum
Mario 3 tied with micro machines on the NES
Megalomania on the Snes, closely tied with yoshi's island and mario world.
Goldeneye and Ocarina of time on the n64
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:11   #47
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Duke was a classic though. It was one of the first 'fun' games, and dont be forgetting the strippers. That really amused me at whatever age i was. Always took Duke over quake
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:12   #48
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point

Grand Theft Auto
Half-Life (+ mods, ie. Counterstrike)
Civilisation 2
Elite 2
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:04   #49
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point

Top 3 would be Starcraft, Goldeneye and then probably Secret of Mana but there are loads of great games.
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 16:17   #50
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Ultima Online
Command & Conquer
UFO ++>Aftermath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote