User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:00   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
schitzophrenia

i'm doing a research project on schitzophrenia for my pharmacy tech. class and i found some pretty interesting stuff. i didn't realize the extent of some people's paranoia.

i've found articles on how this one guy thought his parents were clones.. and how they 'changed' ie.. he thought there were different clones rotating on 'shifts' to watch over him.

another guy would throw away his food if someone walked into a room while he was eating for fear that they've now contaminated it.

i'm just wondering if any of you have some stories like this that i can add as examples in my project.
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:03   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Reading psychologist case studies is probably your best bet to get an educated view on it.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:35   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think i might have a slight pyschosis.

I cant help but feel that there are cameras behind every mirror i see.

I generally manage to restrain looking behind mirrors hanging on a wall but if the mirror is on a cupboard door i have to open the door "just to check".
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:37   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
BTW does doing that mean im crazy?
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:38   #5
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I find myself troubled by feelings of ambivalence bordering on schizophrenia regarding whether or not to point out that there is no t in schizophrenia.

Picky me won
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 20:16   #6
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
most schizophrenic people are paranoid of stuff like big brother, hence the old foil hat jokes and stuff, keeps the rays out innit
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 20:48   #7
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
My friend dan went schizophrenic and took apart his apartment looking for the hidden cameras

He was also hearing voices.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 20:50   #8
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
BTW does doing that mean im crazy?
Not necessarily.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 21:58   #9
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Dont forget that the ones you're more likely to read about are the more extreme cases. Not every schitzophrenic is a total nut-job.
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 22:12   #10
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear a sort of highly irritating ringing sound, and then I hear voices.

I call this phenomenon a 'telephone call'.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 23:06   #11
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
schizophrenia is a lie
no it isn't
yes it is
no it isn't
shut up you
*DD punches himself in the face several times*
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 03:06   #12
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
A cousin of mine has schizophrenia,he's not really been taken care of well by our health service but thats another story.

He got sectioned one day cause while walking in town he thought that everyones conversation was about him in some way and that everyone of the thousands of ppl he came across were talkin about him behind his back.
He also said he heard their thoughts when they looked at him etc.

So he started shouting to quite a few ppl to leave him alone,ended up causing a scene and the cops came.

Hes more depressed alot nowadays,hasnt said much about being paranoid anymore.

Though once he thought that some large food manufactuere here had been taken over by some medical experiment agency and refused to eat any of their products as they would experiment and monitor him though the additives they would put in the food.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 06:36   #13
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
who do you think you are?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 09:44   #14
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
I always thought schizophrenia was hearing voices (in your head), so it wouldn't surprise me if many people are. Recently I think I've developed an extremely mild form that only occurs when my consciousness isn't active. For example:

Daydreaming, thinking about nothing

Voice 1: We should blow up the sun
Voice 2 (only exists to fight with Voice 1): No we shouldn't you idiot
Voice 1: Hey you shut up
Voice 2: No make me asshole
*gunfire, fighting etc.*
V1: Haha I shoot you good
V2: No you can't
*Neither one ever wins*
Consciousness: Hey shut the f*** up!
V1 & 2: No

Somebody speaks or engages the main consciousness, the voices disappear

I think it's cool
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 11:12   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Demon Dave
schizophrenia is a lie
no it isn't
yes it is
no it isn't
shut up you
that's multiple personality disorder, not schizophrenia.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 12:35   #16
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
I'm worried that people may actually be able to read my mind. I don't want to be responsible for anyone's coranaries.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 14:02   #17
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Aryn can't spell schizophrenia. I bet she doesn't even do "pharmacy tech. class". She just wants me to tell her about my friends so she can laugh at me.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 14:09   #18
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Aryn can't spell schizophrenia. I bet she doesn't even do "pharmacy tech. class". She just wants me to tell her about my friends so she can laugh at me.

Bitch eater!
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 16:26   #19
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
damnit.. quey's on to me
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:12   #20
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
that's multiple personality disorder, not schizophrenia.
then that means Me, Myself and Irene lied to me. curse those fools in Hollywood
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:41   #21
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Demon Dave
schizophrenia is a lie
no it isn't
yes it is
no it isn't
shut up you
was that for being utterly unamusing?
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:46   #22
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
presumably youve seen 'a beautiful mind' aryn?

John Nash was a schitz
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:52   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The voices in my head tell me I'm not schizophrenic.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:03   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
i've heard about people waking up in the middle of the night because 'there is an alliance of planets going after mine'.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 23:04   #25
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
i've heard about people waking up in the middle of the night because 'there is an alliance of planets going after mine'.

you live with strange people.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 01:11   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
The voices in my head tell me I'm not schizophrenic.
Yes you are.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 02:21   #27
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
presumably youve seen 'a beautiful mind' aryn?

John Nash was a schitz
yah i've been told to watch it as i haven't seen it yet.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:19   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Reading GD is probably your best bet to get an educated view on it.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 13:58   #29
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
We had some fun in my old village once. There was a schixophrenic living there and he was doing great with his meds and functioning pretty well. Then he made the oh so foolish mistake that many schizos make and decided he was better (cos the pills worked so well) and stopped taking them.

He ended up on the roof of someones garage, naked, wielding a knife. Armed police all up the street while a negotiator type person talked him down
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 15:31   #30
Smirn0ff Ic3

Smirn0ff Ic3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
I'm worried that people may actually be able to read my mind. I don't want to be responsible for anyone's coranaries.
I have that too! I mean how do I know FOR SURE that you all cant read my mind?
Smirn0ff Ic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 16:33   #31
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
i get that entire sitting thinking about stuff from two points of view like "wouldnt it be cool to blow this up" "no, dont be so ****ing stupid"

then i sorta change my thought tack

i have some great conversations with myself.

i also have two consciousnesses (personalities if you will) my awake personality and my sleep personality, i sleep talk/walk/cook/climb/jog/open windows and climb out/hang over 5th story balconies on holiday

yes it scares me.

hmm

schizophrenic was speeding away from police, he thought he was the police and the others were his backup.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 16:50   #32
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
i hear voices in my head but i dont worry cause they are all mine
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 04:23   #33
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
damnit.. quey's on to me
it's long as he doesn't realize all the rest us are trying to get him too
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 04:48   #34
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whenever I'm sitting on the toilet next to a shower, and the shower curtain is closed, I get paranoid that there might be someone standing in it.

And sometimes I swear to myself for no particular reason, but I think it's more of a torrents-thingy syndrome.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 05:37   #35
Mirai

I talk to myself all the ****ing time.

Unread 2 Sep 2003, 06:02   #36
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
I am not a doctor.

If you are distinctly aware that it's your voices it's no schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is more when you hear voices (even real voices) and because you head is messed up you feel they are some kind of entities talking directly to you.

Here's a story I just made up.

You walk into your bedroom and see a man sitting on your bed. You are aware that he is not real. He is well dressed with a grey suit, bowling hat and suitcase. He stands up and smiles. You tell him, "I know you're not real", but you're confused and feel dishonest. He replies, "Correct, I am not real. I am an imaginary spirit, but I control your heart. Please, put your index and middle finger on your throat and feel your pulse." He opens his briefcase on his lap. It is a laptop computer with the number 100 displayed in red digits like a clock radio. You're slightly panicked. He presses the up button and the number increases to 140. You feel your heart beating faster, at first in your neck and then in the pressure in your whole body. He says, "I am not real in any way you understand. But you must admit, I do a good impression!"
Your red and hot skin is sweating and aching. You feel pain in every internal organ. You collapse to the floor.

After a few horrendous minutes of pain he presses down until the number is at 100. You feel well. You stand up. The man in the suit stands up and says,
"I have programmed this computer to decrease your heart rate to 0 at 6pm tomorrow. The only way to avoid this is to kill your family."
He then disappears in a puff of smoke.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 06:17   #37
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
that was actually a good enjoyable tale
you should do that more often
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 12:21   #38
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
I am not a doctor.

If you are distinctly aware that it's your voices it's no schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is more when you hear voices (even real voices) and because you head is messed up you feel they are some kind of entities talking directly to you.

Here's a story I just made up.

You walk into your bedroom and see a man sitting on your bed. You are aware that he is not real. He is well dressed with a grey suit, bowling hat and suitcase. He stands up and smiles. You tell him, "I know you're not real", but you're confused and feel dishonest. He replies, "Correct, I am not real. I am an imaginary spirit, but I control your heart. Please, put your index and middle finger on your throat and feel your pulse." He opens his briefcase on his lap. It is a laptop computer with the number 100 displayed in red digits like a clock radio. You're slightly panicked. He presses the up button and the number increases to 140. You feel your heart beating faster, at first in your neck and then in the pressure in your whole body. He says, "I am not real in any way you understand. But you must admit, I do a good impression!"
Your red and hot skin is sweating and aching. You feel pain in every internal organ. You collapse to the floor.

After a few horrendous minutes of pain he presses down until the number is at 100. You feel well. You stand up. The man in the suit stands up and says,
"I have programmed this computer to decrease your heart rate to 0 at 6pm tomorrow. The only way to avoid this is to kill your family."
He then disappears in a puff of smoke.
To which I'd reply:

LOL, STFU N00B

Unread 2 Sep 2003, 12:27   #39
Cloud

Cloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: schitzophrenia

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn

i'm just wondering if any of you have some stories like this that i can add as examples in my project.
Very helpful could be the book : I never promised you a rose garden. If you read much and you're willing to do something for a good mark.... It might inspire you.

A proud member of DYB, the secret alliance
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote