User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 29 Aug 2003, 20:32   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
PHPmyadmin help, backing up db

When trying to backup a database using the export feature i get the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 198 bytes) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-2.5.0/libraries/build_dump.lib.php on line 316

Is there anything i can do to fix this? Or another way to backup db?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 20:49   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What do you want to backup? The definitions and the data? Why don't you just use the command line mysqldump?

From your c:\mysql\bin directory (or whatever) :
mysqldump database_name > backup.txt
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 21:07   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
the data and structure of the table

i don't have command line access to the database, only via phpmyadmin
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 14:34   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: PHPmyadmin help, backing up db

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Not unless you have access to alter the PHP config. Failling that you can do a dump of each table individually and use cut/paste to make them into one big file, that should work
Quote:
Or another way to backup db?
Not without having CLI access.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!

Last edited by Gayle29uk; 31 Aug 2003 at 07:19.
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 17:51   #5
Ragnarak

Re: Re: PHPmyadmin help, backing up db

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Not without having CLI access.
if i could alter php config what would need doing?
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:14   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Re: Re: PHPmyadmin help, backing up db

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
if i could alter php config what would need doing?
You could change the memory_limit to something big but it wouldn't be a "real" fix. Dumping the database simply shouldn't take more than a constant amount of memory as far as I can see.

PSes:
- you can change memory_limit for the duration of a page using ini_set
- you might be able to use .htaccess even if you can change php.ini or the server config (assuming apache)
- can you use phpshell?