User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Jan 2007, 17:02   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A Rather Unusual Request For GD

I live in the valleys in South Wales and I am trying to form a band. I have one problem, I can't find a drummer at all. I have put up several adverts (in shops and on-line) but don't seem to be having much luck at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can find (or kidnap) a drummer i.e. places to put adverts (on-line or irl) or (this is far less likely) maybe someone knows a drummer in the Cardiff area and is willing to sell them to me. Price is negotiable.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 17:03   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Rather Unusual Request For GD

As much as a lot of people dislike it I would advise that you use myspace...

Join all the local groups (especially the music orientated ones) and say you're looking for a drummer.
You should get quite a few replies...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 17:23   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

some guy here told me recently that blink 182 broke up. if that's true, then maye you can borrow theirs. he's pretty good. :|
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 17:29   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
some guy here told me recently that blink 182 broke up. if that's true, then maye you can borrow theirs. he's pretty good. :|
the bringer of that invaluable piece of information was none other than,

ME!

I can assure you it is true as tom delonge went insane (literally) and thinks he is destined to save the world or something. So he formed 'Angels and Airwaves' and released a rather disappointing album.

I would love it if travis were in my band but there are two majo problems.

1) I've lost his phone number
2) He is already in another band with Blink bassist Mark Hoppus; Plus 44.

Otherwise I would say this is your best ever idea.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 17:35   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
isn't he that guy who thinks he's a punk but spends all his time advertising footwear and pouting like a complete and utter faggot?
I think he lost any right to call himself a "true punk" (whatever that means) when he was in Blink. He's not a bad drummer though, at least as far as my uncultured ears can tell.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 17:41   #6
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I think he lost any right to call himself a "true punk" (whatever that means) when he was in Blink. He's not a bad drummer though, at least as far as my uncultured ears can tell.
Does his time in the Aquabats mean nothing to you? :crymeariver:
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 19:12   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

The NME does 'musician wanted' ads in the back
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 20:34   #8
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

For what it's worth, when I smack my head flat on the table it sounds a bit like a bass-drum.
Sadly I never get any further than three beats before I pass out.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 22:09   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What do you call the guy that hangs around with the band?

The drummer!
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 22:44   #10
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

PM me your phone number / what genre of music you want to play / your vague budget and I'll pass it on to several drummers I know opparating in the Cardiff / S. Wales area.

(For those who don't know I'm at Music College as a drummer & giging / sessioning proffesionally)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 08:22   #11
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I live in the valleys in South Wales and I am trying to form a band. I have one problem, I can't find a drummer at all. I have put up several adverts (in shops and on-line) but don't seem to be having much luck at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can find (or kidnap) a drummer i.e. places to put adverts (on-line or irl) or (this is far less likely) maybe someone knows a drummer in the Cardiff area and is willing to sell them to me. Price is negotiable.
I can play the drums. When do we start jamming?

What instrument do you play?

I've been in several rock bands for a while now. I think from experience, the best way to get a drummer/guitarist/etc. is actually going to local bands' venues regularly and start making friends with these musicians.

By networking face-to-face with underground bands, you will learn the talk, rumor and gossip of which bands are breaking up, or which guitar player is unhappy, or which drummer is looking for another band to play with, etc.

Or if you find a certain drummer to be outrageously good while watching these underground bands perform, you can maybe talk to him behind his band's back and try to recruit him on the spot.

If we were in the same town, I would love to play drums in your band, though I'm a lead guitar player

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 08:45   #12
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
yeah but how fast can you paradiddle marvin?
Never sat down with a metronome and found out :/

How fast can you paradiddlediddle?

Unread 10 Jan 2007, 16:27   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What's paradiddling?
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 16:55   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
you need a metronome?

i thought it was just how fast you could repeat the sequence.
anyway i can do it slightly faster than an out of practice drummer i know!
for a few seconds...(with my fingers, not drumsticks).
that was kind of a proud moment for me.
It's not the speed that counts, it's how many you can play in a semi quaver pattern (as in the example at the top of the url you posted to TK) in relation to the BPM (Beats per minute).

So for example, playing semi quaver paradiddles (1 paradiddle is 4 semi quavers, 4 semi quavers = 1 crotchet, 1 crotchet = 1 beat ) at 60 BPM means 60 paradiddles a minute. Being able to sit and keep the pace and accuracy up at 200 BPM is far superior to being able to stumble through them at 250.

As I told my pupils when I was teaching beginers and my tutors have all told (and still do tell) me, it's not about the speed, it's the accuracy that counts

Unread 10 Jan 2007, 16:56   #15
Marv
Jazz Man

But to answer the question horn, I would probably start wiht my metronome at 225 - 230 and work up till I got tired or bored

Unread 10 Jan 2007, 17:05   #16
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
anyway i can do it slightly faster than an out of practice drummer i know! for a few seconds...(with my fingers, not drumsticks).
Cocaine user.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 17:40   #17
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
As I told my pupils when I was teaching beginers and my tutors have all told (and still do tell) me, it's not about the speed, it's the accuracy that counts
I think this is true no matter what you are diddling.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 13:00   #18
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Actually i see flyers pasted to bus stops alot for musician posts in bands around my town centre.

they usually list the bands name, musical influences, playing style and ... a phone number .
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 15:17   #19
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I think this is true no matter what you are diddling.
Also very true :-)