User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Feb 2006, 21:59   #51
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [BBC news]were they right?

Freedom of speech is a good thing. However, the Norwegian newspaper that published the pictures are a bunch of rednex, ultra-christian racists scumbags. If there was any point, any thought to stir up debate or kick at intolerance, I would not be against the publishing of a drawing*. But they did it JUST TO BE SHITHOLES, and thus, they are abusing freedom of speech to take a free dig and create more hate. When they use "freedom of speech" to attack and futher distance a minority (and thus dissalowing them freedoms we take for granted) is it okay?
And what if these cartoons had been antisemite? What would the reaction from the public be?

This shit stirs up so much damage and hatred. And if thats the point of freedom of speech, it can kiss my ass.

*These drawings, however, are tasteless. They are not funny nor satire, they are just plain racist and very vulgar.

Update:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4681294.stm
I don't know enough about the sitation to comment, exept that the media in Norway has taken a turn for the worse these last days. As always, the muslims are destroying the world or whatever. And now they are maybe going to cut ties with syria? (I've not read the link so I don't know if thats in this report, it was on Norwegian news) What about when the American embassy in Norway was thrashed? Or the Mexican was occupied? Or when the Israelli was molotowcoctailed? ****ing hypocrites.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 22:19   #52
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The point of Freedom of Speech, the same with any Freedom, is so that you cannot be oppressed by destroying your right to, for example, expression. The cost is that you can't oppress anyone by destroying their right to expression.

Furthermore, the Norwegian newspaper weren't the first to publish. Just because they want to jump on the Hatin Bandwagon doesn't make a difference.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 01:24   #53
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say that norwegian christian magazine got exactly what it wanted. It provoked the most extreme muslims. Or rather, it played in the hands of those extreme muslims. You gotta admit though, that many muslims have done some seriously bad-PR work here. Attacking norwegian and danish embassies becouse of a newspaper and a magazine. Like those are state owned or controlled in any way. I don't know if I should call it childish or just f****** braindead. Luckily there are still alot of people on both sides that recognize that not all danes support the printing of those drawings and that not all muslims wants to bomb Copenhagen.

The principal question is about religions place in society. Should religion be treated different? Now marxism is the closest thing you can say is my religion. But people can slander marxism all they want, without any law coming into play. And I am glad it isnt. By norwegian law you can slander for instance marxism, but you cannot slander individuals or ethnic groups without limits. I think it should be that way.
On a world basis, relgion is growing and demanding a larger share of the public space*. One of these things are it's right to be treated differently than other things, to be considered special.
So even if I can support that the cartoons are shameful (well, I have just heard about what they look like, not seen them, but you get the idea), Im not going to support the claim to give any official recogniztion to religion as something special.

Take Saudi Arabia as an example. It got huge oil revenues. A lot larger than Norway, but still it has state debt and it doesnt score that well on the UN's Human Development Index. Why? Becouse they sit on their arse beeing religious**. Most of the saudis are actually not working. Most of the work gets done by foreginers, even half of the doctors is foreginers. So alot of money get sent right out of the country. Generally the muslim countries do shit. And the muslim countries were islamist is in charge, do worse than the others. Look at Sudan, wasting its money on waging a rascist war against the south and west. Islam desperatly needs a "protestant"-version, where the religion can take less space. Sending the kids to madrass'es (religious schools controlled by religious leaders) only breads indoctrinated idiots who doesnt have the skills to make in a global economy. Basing decisions on religion have always been utter shit, thats why Sharia and so on is a bad idea. If the muslim world wants to stop beeing bullied by others and fight Israel, they sure need to get their heads out of their arses quick.

/anti-religious rant

* Like the fight to introduce ID in american schools.
** Gross oversimpliciation.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 08:46   #54
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I've (Plasma) only seen (rough) translations of the article in which the pictures were originally published but it seems to have mainly been an article about the fact that few/no artists would dare make satirical cartoons about Islam (or certain Islamic Issues such as suicide bombings or the repression (in our eyes) of women) for fear of the backlash that would either brand the artist a racist or at worst cause worldwide violence and death threats against the artist and his family.

It is sad that they were so right, journalists/artists/authors should not have to tread around subjects for fear of being murdered by those who disagree.

At least one of the cartoons was actually amusing - the one with all the suicide bombers turning up at heaven only to be told that they have ran out of virgins :>

At least one was ambigous - Ironically the one that caused the most fuss - mohammed with the explosive turban, wasmohammed a terrorist or has his religion been hijacked by them?

And one wasnt mohammed at all but a picture of some child writing on a black board.

Freedom of speech is not the right to say something as long as it doesnt offend anyone in the slightest way but the right to say whatever the hell you want (wether this country has that is debatable) without being arrested and dragged off for a bit of gonad electroshock therapy, things like say carrying banners promising death to all danes or chanting "UK must pray 7/7 is on the way"

It cuts both ways.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 11:42   #55
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/comics/20060204.gif

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 12:02   #56
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

anyone got another link to the cartoons? as they have been removed from 1-X's link
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 19:13   #57
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

http://face-of-muhammed.blogspot.com/
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2006, 23:04   #58
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Interesting update: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676524.stm

That's the first sensible thing I've seen reported about this whole stupid mess.
Absolutely sensible.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote