User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Mar 2009, 00:22   #1
fattymatty

fattymatty is on a distinguished road
First 72 Ticks

So i havent played since like umm round 20 so there has deffinately been some major changes and i have been busy as work trying to plan out exactly my first 72 hrs for round 31 and here is what i have so far

by the end of the protection ticks i would have 300 roids, 965 vipers,950 beatles and 100 Mosquito ready to roid

i would have the following items complete by 72 ticks

Research - Heavy Cargo III, Fighter Class Hulls. Advanced Mining Core,
Construction - Finance Center x 3, Light Factory x1

what do you guys think any suggestions i would like to hear and i'll make changes on my spreadsheet for the first 72 and let know results
fattymatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 01:20   #2
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: First 72 Ticks

1. Remember ship stats will change for Round 31, so you may not want to go Fi/Co with your chosen race.
2. You always want 20% of your constructs to be Research Centers, for the 20% research bonus. Also there is a quest to construct a Research Center for extra roids (or resources, cant remmeber). So everybody usually builds a research center 1st, then 6th then 11th etc.
3. Yeah, spam Finance Centers as well.
4. Some people use the strategy of only init'ing up to 250-275.. to get extra ships for the 1st night and to try and avoid incoming (as most people will launch at those with 300 roids). Maybe worth considering.

As far as research goes, you seem about right if you're going for a Fi attack fleet (for the first few days) but remember, you can rush to FR/DE or even CR/BS.

Also, if you upgrade you can get a Research/Resource bonus..

My Constructions went like this for this round (From what i can remember):
1: Research Center (Tick 7 finishes)
2-5: Finance Center (Tick 35 they finish)
6: Research Center (Tick 42 it finishes)
7: Heavy Factory (Tick 49 it finishes)
8: Light Factory (Tick 56 in finishes)
9-10: Heavy Factory (tick 70 they finish)

My Research went like this:
HCT 1 (finishes tick 8)
FIGHTER (finishes tick 20)
FRIGATE (finishes tick 44)
INFRASTRUTURE (finishes tick 52)
BATTLESHIP (Using account upgrade to finish it so it finishes at tick 72 instead of 88, then with left over put into HCT2)
HCT 2 (finishes tick 80)
HCT 3 (finishes tick 92)
(Note: Tick 82 is when i launched with my new BS fleet.. i.e. late the first night)
ETA (finishes tick 100)
(Note: tick 95, init roids so that what i expect to cap will take me to 500 roids)
(Note: Tick 96.. Land first attack)

^^ My BS rush for ETD this round, its from memory so might be alittle off.. but should provide you with some insight. BS rush is considered abit risky, as i was lower on roids (income) for a period of time and hindges on getting a good cap on the first night.. which depends solely on your targets
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 23 Mar 2009 at 01:29.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 03:06   #3
fattymatty

hmmm decent thoutghts but now only thing that seems to be hard to formulate is what the population starting point is at tick one and how it goes up. it states in the manual that it changes the percent every six ticks but how do you calculate what it changes too and how do you know how do you calculate your population bonuses on your cobstruction points per tick and research points per tick
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 04:26   #4
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymatty View Post
hmmm decent thoutghts but now only thing that seems to be hard to formulate is what the population starting point is at tick one and how it goes up. it states in the manual that it changes the percent every six ticks but how do you calculate what it changes too and how do you know how do you calculate your population bonuses on your cobstruction points per tick and research points per tick
Population changes arnt implemented yet, so those numbers are meaningless.

Its always the same.. If you put 50% into research, you'll get a 50% research bonus, same with miners.

http://game.planetarion.com/manual.php?page=2 <-- shows you each races Base research and construction points per tick.

http://game.planetarion.com/manual.php?page=gov <-- shows you goverments bonuses, some dont have any releated to research/construction, some had positive bonuses while some have negative bonuses.

So for example a Terran with 50% population in research and Unification goverment:
Terran Base Research Points: 100 points
50% population into research: 50 points (50% of the base (100))
Unifcation Goverment: 0 bonus
= 150 points per tick.

Note: If you construct a research facility first.. then it will jump an extra 20 points (20% of your constructions are Research Facilitys, so you get 20% research bonus (20% of 100 = 20 points). So at Tick 8 (presuming thats when it finished) you'd jump to 170 points per tick.

Yes, its stupidly complicated with lots of variables.

(the same goes for Construction, Mining(income/resources) starts at 0% bonus with 1000 mining of each resource and 250 of each asteroid you init (However, you cannot calculate the mining/resources yet, as we dont know what quests will be in next round and what bonus you can get.. (i.e. they often give extra roids at the start and resources to init more roids)))
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 23 Mar 2009 at 04:38.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 04:54   #5
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

If your cat, only build 1 class early on, you wont need vipers as there is hardly any DE/FR classes out there, and if there is, theyll be out on attack. Youll need more than 100 pods, usually i aim for enough to cap 100 roids from a planet per fleet.

As for pop: set ur mining to max, research to max, and the rest on construction. You dont really need to play around with those settings for quite a while, or if u wanna get a construction done a little bit faster, so u can queue another one before work/sleep.

Init up to 300. If ur gonna get hit, ur gonna get hit regardless of how many roids u have. More ships early on really makes no difference (unless ur wanting to 3 fleet, which i highly recommend), if ur attacks get deffed, youll be having to recall, no matter how many ships u have.

You might wanna focus on 1 tactory type early, as its not worth splitting fleets early on. Perhaps its worth having 1 of a class ur not building yet, just incase u get a pod inc. Dont bother with the finance centres yet, you wanna be able to prod ur ships fast enough for the next nights attack/inc, and having an extra 1.5% on mining 200 roids like light, really isnt worth it.

BS rush is win if ur good enouh, but i wouldnt recommend skipping early HC and roid init just to hit 500 roids, 400 of which will be gone the next night.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 23 Mar 2009 at 05:12.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:29   #6
fattymatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
If your cat, only build 1 class early on, you wont need vipers as there is hardly any DE/FR classes out there, and if there is, theyll be out on attack. Youll need more than 100 pods, usually i aim for enough to cap 100 roids from a planet per fleet.

As for pop: set ur mining to max, research to max, and the rest on construction. You dont really need to play around with those settings for quite a while, or if u wanna get a construction done a little bit faster, so u can queue another one before work/sleep.

Init up to 300. If ur gonna get hit, ur gonna get hit regardless of how many roids u have. More ships early on really makes no difference (unless ur wanting to 3 fleet, which i highly recommend), if ur attacks get deffed, youll be having to recall, no matter how many ships u have.

You might wanna focus on 1 tactory type early, as its not worth splitting fleets early on. Perhaps its worth having 1 of a class ur not building yet, just incase u get a pod inc. Dont bother with the finance centres yet, you wanna be able to prod ur ships fast enough for the next nights attack/inc, and having an extra 1.5% on mining 200 roids like light, really isnt worth it.

BS rush is win if ur good enouh, but i wouldnt recommend skipping early HC and roid init just to hit 500 roids, 400 of which will be gone the next night.

dont need vipers? wont i need them for home defence? amd are you building 3 attack fleets first night and hoping no one attacks you by not having any defence at home this seems like it is a plan that may pay off but you may be crippled if you dont get thru on the first night and someone hit you hard
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:20   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymatty View Post
dont need vipers? wont i need them for home defence? amd are you building 3 attack fleets first night and hoping no one attacks you by not having any defence at home this seems like it is a plan that may pay off but you may be crippled if you dont get thru on the first night and someone hit you hard
in the first night(s) you wont need em, just go beetle heavy + pods ofc and roid small xans (assuming we use the same set of stats) Stay away from Ziks, they will be hunting for your pods

defending your roids in the first ticks isnt worth it (if your not zik and able to steal some nice ships), as building ships for defence is just reducing your amount of attack ships and also gaining new roids in attacks is simply easier then trying to protect the 300 u have
however there is nothing to be said against hoping and praying you donīt get incs

3 attacks are fine, but probably not possible for a cathaar, or you need to hit incredible small targets

and even if your roided down to 100 roids the first night, while you dont cap roids in attack that night, it has nothing to say about how you will develope the round
just dont give up, never

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 20:28   #8
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Personally i came out of my Protection with almost 3k Spiders and 500 Dragonfly. ~~300 roids~~ and enough waves /amps to unit scan most of the universe. i went 2 fleeting the 1st night and capped up to 450. So Fi/Co are good BS rushing can really mess up your Economy but going for Fr/De if you have a way to deal with fi/co. Then go for it.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2009, 23:30   #9
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

I thought the 1st 72 ticks were for getting some sleep
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote