User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:52   #1
[Smurf]Pies
TeamPies

[Smurf]Pies can only hope to improve
WEET after NaR

Ok with nar close to been fked, say another night or two of attacks, what will happen ive been discussing this all day with various people. coz with no competioton weet could sit round out and come out easy winners, with hc gals etc winning due to the retals they would get.

But as we know i dont think ppl in weet will want to sit around for 2months (if this happend i'll quit now) so what happens Eclipse tot split with wp ely, and form up with rah(who have been spared alot due to been in eclipse gals strangely enuff) (eclipse/tot/rah). forming a new war with wp/ely v eclipse/tot/rah. or will eclipse go for the good old tactic of kicking one ally at a time and roiding them to nothing.

Just wondering what other people think will happen?

[Flame away]

<Pies> your gonna make me get pm's
<Pies> saying ive got a ego
<Pies> larger then a house again
<[TeamPies]MrPink> you´re the biggest ego i have ever seen

Round2 - Round 10
[Ministry]
Heresy

R4
114,[WTF]Smurf Village[TGS][NFU] (30:14)
97,The PieCastle (30:14:7)

R5
37,[Ag][WPO] Gauls [Fury] (21:04)

R6
1,Ðragons[WP][OWAGE!][Tapper] (5:24)
81, ur friends (5:24:22)
[Smurf]Pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:56   #2
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
From my opinion, WP/Ely would beat Eclipse/ToT/RaH. WP's sheer size alone will make them a handful. I can only imagine that Eclipse hc are all too aware of this, thus will try and prevent that from happening.

Instead i believe they will look for a 1 allinace at a time ejection, with justified reason ofc (heh).

-Necro
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 23:57   #3
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
i doubt they would burn so many bridges behind them by kicking 1 ally at a time unless eclipse plan to disband at the end of the round which i somehow doubt.

as for weet splitting theres just as much chance of wp/ely splitting off before the others are ready imho, i dont think they would be stupid enough to wait around if they thought eclipse/tot/rah would turn on them.

i guess we'll see.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:01   #4
Sakera
The Nosferatu

Sakera is an unknown quantity at this point
r10
Round 3: 79:11:1 - Fx9
Round 4: 30:14:8 (Smurf Village) - Fx9/Elysium/Fury/NFU
Round 5: 21:4:1- Fury/NFU
Round 6: 27:13:3 - Silver/Elysium
Round 7: 21:21:11 - Elysium
Round 8: 45:7:4 - Elysium
Round 9: 40:9:1 - Farmer/abuser/blatant liar/providers doll
Sakera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:02   #5
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
i doubt they would burn so many bridges behind them by kicking 1 ally at a time unless eclipse plan to disband at the end of the round which i somehow doubt.

as for weet splitting theres just as much chance of wp/ely splitting off before the others are ready imho, i dont think they would be stupid enough to wait around if they thought eclipse/tot/rah would turn on them.

i guess we'll see.
Wp/Ely have a habbit of not backstabbing.

-Necro
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:03   #6
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
Instead i believe they will look for a 1 allinace at a time ejection, with justified reason ofc (heh).
It is unlikely the other alliances will sit on their hands and wait their turn to be kicked.

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:07   #7
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

-Necro
hmm backstabbing.......self defence, two sides of the same coin.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:09   #8
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:

i guess we'll see.

-Necro
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:12   #9
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:

-Necro
i heard you the first time, and as i said, backstabbing and selfdefence are two sides of the same coin.

btw just curious but why do you put "-Necro" at the end of every post? its not like we see your name next to the post anyway ;-)
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:47   #10
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

No, seriously i dont think ELY/WP would make the first move, just opinion though.

And its a habbit ive picked up.

-Necro (heh)
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:50   #11
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
It seems some galaxy is a touch concerned.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:03   #12
[Smurf]Pies
TeamPies

Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
heh nah i'm not that botherd about my acc, aslong as its fun and atm i dont see fun i see boring most players are bored so i actally hope weet breaks the sooner the better

Round2 - Round 10
[Ministry]
Heresy

R4

R5

R6
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:06   #13
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Yes. My Soul for My Roids!
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:13   #14
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by [Smurf]Pies
heh nah i'm not that botherd about my acc, aslong as its fun
I see a contradiction here. Having an account is not fun, full stop.

Prove me wrong biatches
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:17   #15
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by [Smurf]Pies
heh nah i'm not that botherd about my acc, aslong as its fun and atm i dont see fun i see boring most players are bored so i actally hope weet breaks the sooner the better
depends on how long Pack HC think that the option of rekindling the brotherhood will be open, maybe they think that it can be rekindled at a time of there choosing but im not so sure if thats true, I doubt they will be able to if they leave it too long. I know i sure as hell wouldnt wait long.

;-)
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:19   #16
[Smurf]Pies
TeamPies

hehe i cant atm torz wtf did i signup again

Round2 - Round 10
[Ministry]
Heresy

R4

R5

R6
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:32   #17
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Wasn’t there a certain someone (read eclipse propaganda hero) who claimed that the WeeT vs NaR war would last for a long, long time?

I guess he was wrong and, ehhh, everyone else was right.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:44   #18
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Treveler
Wasn’t there a certain someone (read eclipse propaganda hero) who claimed that the WeeT vs NaR war would last for a long, long time?

I guess he was wrong and, ehhh, everyone else was right.
you mean Nos/Auld? Rah is too in bed with weet to make much of a difference in this war, so it is still one sided even with vom doing a bit, even though they are still as unco-ordinated as ever. not that na is much better atm.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:48   #19
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
you mean Nos/Auld? Rah is too in bed with weet to make much of a difference this round.
The plenty plenty amounts of Eclipse incoming we've had so far says you're wrong. And even today Wolfpack attacked me in an Eclipse HC galaxy without any kind of Eclipse approval

You're several weeks behind on the rah/weet connection Morden, it's outdated and non-existent.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:51   #20
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
The plenty plenty amounts of Eclipse incoming we've had so far says you're wrong. And even today Wolfpack attacked me in an Eclipse HC galaxy without any kind of Eclipse approval

You're several weeks behind on the rah/weet connection Morden, it's outdated and non-existent.
interresting to see, although it is good news however, considering the amount of rah in eclipse galaxies who do not seem to be attacking weet because they dont want to risk retals, (lo several top 10 gals)
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 02:58   #21
Petru
mefs

Quote:
interresting to see, although it is good news however, considering the amount of rah in eclipse galaxies who do not seem to be attacking weet because they dont want to risk retals, (lo gal ranked 3rd)
Oh I won't deny that the pre-round galaxy sharing shouldn't have been done with hindsight. But silly us assumed that some friends of ours in another alliance HC would choose several-round-long-friendships over politics (like we did) and stick with us, rather than pretending to be pushed around by other Weet HCs only to be the main instigators all along.

But then I'm just sounding bitter!

If this round has taught me one thing it's that the only HCs you can trust are the ones in the same room as you. Fury does live on in Eclipse, maybe a watered down version admittedly but the ethos of only looking out for your own back is indeed still fighting on strong.

Oh dear, I'm sounding bitter again!

And as for the fence sitters who are in shared galaxies and refusing to fight, some refusing to defend and a few even defending against us, well, I guess come the end of the round when we clean out they'll get accepted into Wolfpack or something, we'll be better off without them.

The galaxy sharing issue has just managed to tell us who has what priorities, who we can rely on and who we can't. It will only make us stronger in the long run. I guess the same as learning who we can't really trust in alliance partners too!

Oh dear, there is that bitterness again

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 03:02   #22
Torz
Up yours

Quote:

And as for the fence sitters who are in shared galaxies and refusing to fight, some refusing to defend and a few even defending against us, well, I guess come the end of the round when we clean out they'll get accepted into Wolfpack or something, we'll be better off without them.
I hope to God you're not allowing them to stay within RaHno matter who they are are (name/reputation/position).

PS, why they hell haven't you quit fs?
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 03:04   #23
Petru
mefs

Quote:
I hope to God you're not allowing them to stay within RaHno matter who they are are (name/reputation/position).
We're dropping people like flies as we find them and adding them to the target list the next day. It's gotten to the point now where the people we trusted the most previously are our enemies, and the people we trusted the least are now our allies. Been a complete reversal. We just don't care anymore, and we're actually having immense fun

Quote:

PS, why they hell haven't you quit fs?

I really, really wish I knew the answer to that question.

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 03:05   #24
Torz
Up yours

I'm going to bed now. We need to catch up Petal, not spoken in a while. Same goes with Avie.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 03:41   #25
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Oh I won't deny that the pre-round galaxy sharing shouldn't have been done with hindsight. But silly us assumed that some friends of ours in another alliance HC would choose several-round-long-friendships over politics (like we did) and stick with us, rather than pretending to be pushed around by other Weet HCs only to be the main instigators all along.

If this round has taught me one thing it's that the only HCs you can trust are the ones in the same room as you. Fury does live on in Eclipse, maybe a watered down version admittedly but the ethos of only looking out for your own back is indeed still fighting on strong.

The galaxy sharing issue has just managed to tell us who has what priorities, who we can rely on and who we can't. It will only make us stronger in the long run. I guess the same as learning who we can't really trust in alliance partners too!

hehe good for u rape the furbies
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 03:43   #26
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
I think by the time stage 3 of fochts plan comes into play it will be we vs et. Most amusing thing is after the stab these people think that any old allies will come clambering back to help them vs the opposing side.

Well basically that wont happen. From rounds gone by we have found that those who dont jump ship want to fight the people who roided them. Having said that I would be ultra-surprised if rah joined et or nos joined we. What would they promise to do.. help them etc... somehow after the first stab I doubt that with time going along they would even be remotely interested in helping any-one.

So does size matter like a certain hc thinks.... dont think so.... fury will beat you as was predicted by me when he round started. Fury.. i mean eclipse will do anything to win and ofc they will get top gal and planet.

What i would love is to see how many active planets there are at rounds end not using surfola. Makes you wonder why crew hasnt blocked it like ss did. Game is dying again.. so who really is the winner.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 03:47   #27
Valvalis

Valvalis is an unknown quantity at this point
whine whine whine.. jesus.. u wanted a weet / nar fight early enough for vom to stop being so targeted? and now u have it. and u call wp + ely vs ecl ++ a backstab? Hilarious.. I would find it hard to believe ecl and co could win that battle and if so it would be a frikin brutal one. Why dont u reflect back on R5 and R7 when blocks weren't splitting till WAY later and every single planet over 100 roids had nothing but incoming every day all day.
Valvalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 03:57   #28
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Valvalis
whine whine whine.. jesus.. u wanted a weet / nar fight early enough for vom to stop being so targeted? and now u have it. and u call wp + ely vs ecl ++ a backstab? Hilarious.. I would find it hard to believe ecl and co could win that battle and if so it would be a frikin brutal one. Why dont u reflect back on R5 and R7 when blocks weren't splitting till WAY later and every single planet over 100 roids had nothing but incoming every day all day.
I try not to remember the pure boredom that was r5 ;-)
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 04:09   #29
Valvalis

Valvalis is an unknown quantity at this point
agreed
Valvalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 04:11   #30
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Valvalis
the difference is the quality of the alliances as a whole.

this round to my knowledge no single alliance has performed as well as it should have on paper, and co-operation between alliances/blocks is a shamble compared to previous rounds, which means the wars last a lot less time when 1 side has even a slight advantage let alone a large advantage.

in short, alliances this round dont seem to be able to hold a shine compared with the alliances from several rounds passed.

and i must agree with scouse, the peak was reached and is now on a downwards curve.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 04:39   #31
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
depends on how long Pack HC think that the option of rekindling the brotherhood will be open, maybe they think that it can be rekindled at a time of there choosing but im not so sure if thats true, I doubt they will be able to if they leave it too long. I know i sure as hell wouldnt wait long.

;-)
Very astute Morden. Brothers don't normal screw each other over. Nor do they normally have the delusion that their brother will allow it. I'd probably say they may have already run out of time and their brothers are rather spiteful bastards with long memories. So I guess the brothers all need to look over their shoulders now.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 04:49   #32
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
Very astute Morden. Brothers don't normal screw each other over. Nor do they normally have the delusion that their brother will allow it. I'd probably say they may have already run out of time and their brothers are rather spiteful bastards with long memories. So I guess the brothers all need to look over their shoulders now.
hehe spiteful bastards with long memories

is the key words some ppl need to rember
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 05:29   #33
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhhhh its like someone turned the propaganda tap back on. Weeee.

Teh_Necro
I disagree with you on both points really. I would hope that eclipse is above aliance by alliance ejection. Contrary to idiot opinion, Fury never operated that way.

Treveler
I assume you are referring to me. I never said long long time. From my info, and many others Weet vs Nar+Vom looked to be an even, if not stilted against us fight. But thats not how things shaked out exactly. Weet was able to grab momentum. The Nar+Vom coop never turned out it would seem and NaR, I think underpreformed, though I dont know how much mixed gals had to do with this.

I guess it just goes to show that PA is impossible to predict. Even if some people demand perfect prediction.

Petru
I dont know what went on this round between eclipse and rah. So I wont even begin to comment on it. One look at the weet nar setup with Rah and Eclipses relationship told me that it would never work. I dont know how you saw it ending. But this is about what I expected just from looking at the various political factors.

Wow, of all people to grossly misrepresent Fury. Im surprised Petru. What happened to you since rd 7? Eclipse is not Fury. You of all people should know that. You should also know that Fury was as loyal to its allies as most alliances in PA. I say most because some alliances like ely place loyalty as an absolute. Fury did look out for itself. That is kinda the point of having an alliance. But for good or for bad Fury has been very loyal in many situations. Foolishly loyal in some. Im certainly not claiming that Fury was a saint, but loyalty was an important factor in Fury decision making. I cant really speak for eclipse decision making, because I am not a party to it. Nor is anyone who made those decisions for Fury. Eclipse is no more like Fury than alot of alliances around right now in the aspect you speak of.

Please leave Fury out of your issues with eclipse this round. Dont pull that name into situations it has nothing to do with.

Fred
Unlike Petru I know your words are mostly if not all propaganda. So, I will make a request I know you will not follow. Leave Fury out of this. Youve never hesitated to slander Fury for your own gain before so im certainly not expecting you to stop now.

I also would be ultra surpised if any alliance went to work with an alliance that had dropped and roided them. Id also be surprised if any allaince went to work with an alliance that had been villinized in public and private. Setup to be villians since before the round and tied squarely to a long tradition of villinizing slander.

Part of me hopes that an alliance with absolutely no ties to Fury or Legion gets on the top and does the exact same things as everyone at the top has always done... but i know that no one would learn from that experience. So we trudge along with this sillyness.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 05:44   #34
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

You bent over for them. All they had to do was ram it up your ass.

This whole round has been mistake after mistake after mistake in 2 of the blocks.

Last edited by SpazMonster; 1 Apr 2003 at 05:50.
SpazMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 06:12   #35
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
From the time we heard the blocks was formed. Many wondered why rah and eclipse, wp and nos are on different sides. Probably this thread is the answer to those wonders.

If I'll bet a pot in the situation, ill go for an Eclipse solo win.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 10:14   #36
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Eclipse is not Fury. You should also know that Fury was as loyal to its allies as most alliances in PA. I say most because some alliances like ely place loyalty as an absolute. Fury did look out for itself. That is kinda the point of having an alliance. But for good or for bad Fury has been very loyal in many situations.
I think you are slipping, Germania.

let's go through your above statement.

Eclipse is not Fury.

Fury was loyal to its allies.

Since Eclipse and Fury are different and shouldn't be compared, will that mean:

Eclipse will not be loyal to its allies ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 10:32   #37
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
I think you are slipping, Germania.

let's go through your above statement.

Eclipse is not Fury.

Fury was loyal to its allies.

Since Eclipse and Fury are different and shouldn't be compared, will that mean:

Eclipse will not be loyal to its allies ?

Erm, no, Im not slipping, you are jumping to a conclusion.

What I said, was that since they are two different entities, Eclipse will not neccessarily act either like or not like Fury. Just as it will act either like or not like any other alliance. It should be evaluated on its own right, by its actions. And it should not be used to reflect Fury and Fury should not be used as a factor in Eclipses evaluation.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 11:58   #38
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Oh the irony

What ppl do we have in this thread ?

1) TeamPies, whos galaxy was able to fencesit between Nos and WP and finally made a jump to a full WP gal when the war turned against NaR.

2) Petru, abit bitter on the fact that another alliance did NOT do 100% what you wanted them to do, facts are still you had a nap with weet in total even after the NAR issue, you had various chances to find agreements with Eclipse, but lets name what YOU wanted us to do. You wanted Eclipse to backstab Ely ToT and WP and go solo with you. So please dont point out a doublemoral here, im pretty sure if we had done ppl would cry and now we did not ppl cry, so its doomed if we do and doomed if we didnt. Also coming into mind, every alliance should apart from their friendships and connections to other hc still have an eye and ear for their own members, and tbh the majority of our members wished to be with WEET.

3) Fred, still trying in the big conspiracy, you were already wrong as you said eclipse would go with rah and turn on ely/wp, something which is very unlikely But i doubt thats new to you isnt it, atleast a " " for the PR try (and wouldnt it be stage 4 ? i mean stage 3 was already the breakup with NaR, or ? )

4) Morden, kinda sad to see how bitter you turned since decisions were made against your opinions. But i honestly doubt you can judge as good as you do the cooperation and function levels of all alliances around (no offence).
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:16   #39
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback

1) TeamPies, whos galaxy was able to fencesit between Nos and WP and finally made a jump to a full WP gal when the war turned against NaR.
You doesnt have to take that, Eclipse can just attack TeamPies galaxies for there NoS members

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:21   #40
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:34   #41
Petru
mefs

Quote:

2) Petru, abit bitter on the fact that another alliance did NOT do 100% what you wanted them to do, facts are still you had a nap with weet in total even after the NAR issue, you had various chances to find agreements with Eclipse, but lets name what YOU wanted us to do. You wanted Eclipse to backstab Ely ToT and WP and go solo with you. So please dont point out a doublemoral here, im pretty sure if we had done ppl would cry and now we did not ppl cry, so its doomed if we do and doomed if we didnt. Also coming into mind, every alliance should apart from their friendships and connections to other hc still have an eye and ear for their own members, and tbh the majority of our members wished to be with WEET.
I was sure of a NoS/Wolfpack deal, so of course I wanted you to come with us. The entire discussions (which, between Eclipse and RaH you were thankfully never part of) revolved around Wolfpack making a first move and NoS following suit.

There was no Wolfpack/NoS deal as it turned out, I was wrong. I can admit that. But at the same time, a RaH/Eclipse war was never something I wanted and given the sharing something I'd have tried to avoid happening. A lot of friendships exist between Eclipse and RaH on every level from member to command, and a hell of a lot of those friendships have been tarnished by this war. I don't give a flying **** about roids or political stance, but this war has caused damage to a lot of friendships, which should never have happened.

As to the RaH nap with Weet, we never hid this from NaR, we told them ourselves. It ceased to exist the night of the nap termination along with everyone else. Eclipse kept badgering us for a Nap with Weet hoping to only have to fight NoS and auld, we ignored you. None of this is really secret or unknown, so I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

Why don't YOU start talking about the plans Eclipse, Elysium and ToT were discussing about a launch on 48:4 to try and force Wolfpack to move eh? I've got nothing to hide. I was wrong on several counts, but in the end I admitted my moves and mistakes to NaR and stood by them. I will continue to stand by them, NoS, Auld and RaH, we will fight on, if anything this war has made me respect them all the more.

Quote:

Also coming into mind, every alliance should apart from their friendships and connections to other hc
If you really are this impersonal, and willing to put aside all friendships in favour of an overall score picture, then you really shouldn't be in command. You should be back leading your little farming T&P where you're not involved in larger scale decisions.

Don't try and tussle with me Focht, I'm tired of this game, I have nothing to hide, I've been honest with my allies and was trying to maintain friends and frienships. My friends chose to side with others against me, so don't try and pin it on me as if it was some fault of mine.

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:40   #42
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Oh the irony

3) Fred, still trying in the big conspiracy, you were already wrong as you said eclipse would go with rah and turn on ely/wp, something which is very unlikely But i doubt thats new to you isnt it, atleast a " " for the PR try (and wouldnt it be stage 4 ? i mean stage 3 was already the breakup with NaR, or ? )

I saw Focht behind the grassy knoll right before they shot nar.

As far as stage 4 well thats a secret but we we all know tot will be the last ones screwed over.

btw it may have been an April 1st tagging of sid but why dont you just keep the fury tag anyway and forget all the eclipse smokescreen

Good luck getting allies for next round... its an even round... except for rnd2 fury has had a bad round on the even numbers
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:40   #43
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Why don't YOU start talking about the plans Eclipse, Elysium and ToT were discussing about a launch on 48:4 to try and force Wolfpack to move eh?
Damn i love this game.

ps. Focht you suck, Petru you rule
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:46   #44
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
"what YOU wanted us to do. You wanted Eclipse to backstab Ely ToT and WP and go solo with you.

Now, now focht, don't go inventing stuff.

Im pretty sure neither of us had a chat with you, so i'll grant that your secondhanded info might be misguided.

Afaik we talked to ecl about loads of rumours and quotes that started to arise about WP-NoS split, possibily with Ely involved.
The issue at hand was what to do in case of such an event.

Backstabbing is a word in your vocabulary you implemented on a whim.

ToT has never been discussed, nor have we ever asked to go solo with us at the most it was an option of what could be the result if a splitoff down the middle would happen. The fact we're part of NaR has some value over here (if not we would have taken that offer to stick with the weet nap and let NoS and auld be left to you guys while we just stood and watched on the sideline)
I suggest you ask your 2 HC's we've had talks with to dig out their logs and search for the phrase you seem to point towards, where we said to make a first move and split or backstab or whatever in those lines.
The only information you can have on us is when we approached 2 ppl to discuss what would happen if one possibility of a shift in politics was to happen. You weren't one of those ppl, so i doubt you can have a statement to make here upon it.

Ofcourse the situation isn't optimal for us, and we chose the hard way.
Just look at all our shared galaxies with WEET which are now in turmoil and are killing eachother - if not internally, then externally.

Don't even try to call RaH or Petru personally the backstabbers or selfinvented brain behind a big scheme.
We are the ones that took it as it came, head-on.

Just fight and leave the PR talk to ppl who haven't lost their integrity yet. (with which i mean - for all clarity - everyone shut up and play the game)

Any further comment about RaH or Petru i'll have to start taking personally and you know the saying

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:50   #45
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
I endorse Petru as the hero for round 9
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:50   #46
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I ..

Fs Pet, stop posting the same stuff while i'm posting it

Now go to the shop like you were supposed to !
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 13:31   #47
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Petru im afraid if you take your friendships over your alliance this seems to me be a bad way of dealing with friends. Real friends can be on different sides of the war and dont have to have bad feelings over it. And im happy you admitted that u ignored any wishes for a nap. Furthermore on regards of 48:4, it was till yesterday not a weet gal as it had only 2 WP members in it and was a valid target, not even supporting the fact it harbours Killmark and had some "interesting" history. So at this point of time it was a Valid NaR target which had no protection in WEET arbiter.
As for your lame tries of personal insults i can only say "wow pld petru".
And my own feelings towards Rah i can only describe as respect for your own political moves and keeping up to your own believes.
Tho in return i see that now with your last posts become abit ridiculed seeing that you blame others for putting up with the same things for their alliance.
As far as im aware there were several talks (and dont think because i actually didnt talk with you 1o1 that Zhil/Rob wouldnt keep me informed or updated like a good hc should do with each other). And your friendship to Zhil actually doesnt give you any right to dictate any political moves Eclipse does. Because others in our HC (not even me) had different views on Rah, so be it.
I had no hard feelings and still have none towards you, i even wished maddix good luck and same goes for every rah player may it be in or outside our gals. This game is still a wargame and if u get cracked up over the fact friends might be on different sides or might have different views after 9 rounds of playing, im afraid you take the game far to serious. Because quiet frankly by now everyone knows everyone from the core of the community and in most occasions every hc has friends on differnt sides of the fence.
To take your example up, you would never play cards with your friends or fancy a game of risk or Broodwar ? Well I do, because in this moment the fighting is impersonal, both sides play for fun and to win without hard feelings, something you seem to have went bitter over.
And in regards of beeing in command, i rather would look at the majority of my members and their needs and hopes then towards a small clique of friends in command of alliances and how i can please them, but maybe this is wrong, i doubt my members would say so, sorry.

Towards Avie i only want to say, i respect your choice of actions and your words, like i did in the conversation i had with volcano. I offered him there a view on how eclipse sees the situation. The only thing i dont respect is the bitterness Petru brought up, because thats not displaying the events which happend to this unfortunate turn correctly.

Kthxbye

P.S. Fred u never get tired of your conspiracy or ? what is stage 5 dismissing half our members and roiding them ? Stop beeing pathetic please.
P.P.S. The Fury tag was indeed a joke in regards to a talk with Eylisia you all might have read on the boards, atleast partwise, tho i cant say i supported it (my gal hasnt tagged). Funnily enough even Olriks gal tagged
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 13:37   #48
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Oh I won't deny that the pre-round galaxy sharing shouldn't have been done with hindsight. But silly us assumed that some friends of ours in another alliance HC would choose several-round-long-friendships over politics (like we did) and stick with us
Who says that none of our HC have no long-standing friendships in WP, Ely or ToT? I'm sorry, but the 'friendship vs politics' argument would only work if that were true, and it isn't.

We did our best to maintain the NAP with RaH - precisely for the reason of the friendships that you mentioned. And yes, I think what happened was not easy for RaH given the circumstances. Anything I say now will probably be twisted into some cold-hearted view of alliance politics, but the simple fact is that we were in a position where our allies had conflicting aims. What we tried to do was to keep both sides happy - doubtless there are plenty of people who would criticise us for that too. There was obviously no agreement in the final RaH-Eclipse talks, but right up until the end, there was (after a lot of arm-twisting on our part) a grudging acceptance within WEET of the idea of maintaining the NAP with RaH. You didn't want that. I know that would not have been a perfect solution either, but we 're damned if we do and damned if we don't. We could've broken away from WEET and heard the same arguments from them as you are putting forward now - would that have been any better of us?

I don't expect to win this argument. You're pissed off, and I can accept that you have reasons to be. You expected things to work out in a certain way, and they didn't. If you think that's our fault, fine. We wanted to keep all of our commitments, you would only accept a deal if it meant us leaving WEET, and we didn't do that. If that was wrong of us, then yes, we are entirely to 'blame'.

My personal view is that this has confirmed to me that it's never possible to keep everyone happy, and that no matter what an alliance does, there will be someone who is upset by it, someone who disapproves, or someone who finds the alliance's conduct dishonourable in some way. For my part, I think we did the best we could to maintain our agreements, and attempted to keep all of our friends happy - I'm sure there are even plenty of people who would say that we went too far in trying to do that. But, there's no pleasing everyone, and so we have to accept that.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 13:43   #49
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
[BGood luck getting allies for next round... its an even round... except for rnd2 fury has had a bad round on the even numbers [/b]
If anyone gets allies next round, this game is worthless. IF we see the same standard grudge, gang up, grudge gang up. We might as well all quit now.

Fury doesnt exist anymore and everytime you bring them up you look like a pathetic child who doesnt seem to know what to do in a round without them.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 13:47   #50
Torz
Up yours

Quote:
Petru im afraid if you take your friendships over your alliance this seems to me be a bad way of dealing with friends. Real friends can be on different sides of the war and dont have to have bad feelings over it. And im happy you admitted that u ignored any wishes for a nap. Furthermore on regards of 48:4, it was till yesterday not a weet gal as it had only 2 WP members in it and was a valid target, not even supporting the fact it harbours Killmark and had some "interesting" history. So at this point of time it was a Valid NaR target which had no protection in WEET arbiter.
As for your lame tries of personal insults i can only say "wow pld petru".
And my own feelings towards Rah i can only describe as respect for your own political moves and keeping up to your own believes.
Tho in return i see that now with your last posts become abit ridiculed seeing that you blame others for putting up with the same things for their alliance.
As far as im aware there were several talks (and dont think because i actually didnt talk with you 1o1 that Zhil/Rob wouldnt keep me informed or updated like a good hc should do with each other). And your friendship to Zhil actually doesnt give you any right to dictate any political moves Eclipse does. Because others in our HC (not even me) had different views on Rah, so be it.
I had no hard feelings and still have none towards you, i even wished maddix good luck and same goes for every rah player may it be in or outside our gals. This game is still a wargame and if u get cracked up over the fact friends might be on different sides or might have different views after 9 rounds of playing, im afraid you take the game far to serious. Because quiet frankly by now everyone knows everyone from the core of the community and in most occasions every hc has friends on differnt sides of the fence.
To take your example up, you would never play cards with your friends or fancy a game of risk or Broodwar ? Well I do, because in this moment the fighting is impersonal, both sides play for fun and to win without hard feelings, something you seem to have went bitter over.
And in regards of beeing in command, i rather would look at the majority of my members and their needs and hopes then towards a small clique of friends in command of alliances and how i can please them, but maybe this is wrong, i doubt my members would say so, sorry.

Towards Avie i only want to say, i respect your choice of actions and your words, like i did in the conversation i had with volcano. I offered him there a view on how eclipse sees the situation. The only thing i dont respect is the bitterness Petru brought up, because thats not displaying the events which happend to this unfortunate turn correctly.

Kthxbye

P.S. Fred u never get tired of your conspiracy or ? what is stage 5 dismissing half our members and roiding them ? Stop beeing pathetic please.
P.P.S. The Fury tag was indeed a joke in regards to a talk with Eylisia you all might have read on the boards, atleast partwise, tho i cant say i supported it (my gal hasnt tagged). Funnily enough even Olriks gal tagged

Sometimes I wonder how you actually managed to get on the internet, let alone make HC of an alliance.