User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jul 2004, 00:46   #101
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The price for PA ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
fair point, but there are degrees of unbalance, and from what i hear r2 was pretty extreme

-mist
Less balance means more fun for those who are active and play aggressively. More balance is good for people who want to play sim planet. There comes a point where you have to ask why you want to maintain balance between such obviously different types of players. After all, nobody suggests that a match between Man Utd and my local pub team should be balanced, and it would be a very boring game if the referee banned either team from kicking the ball towards the goal in case it led to 'unbalance'.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 00:57   #102
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

given that jolt is a business, and complains constantly that pa makes it a loss why don't you want to sell it? i'm suspecting it's not moving towards profitability...

jolt's clearly demonstrated it's respect for the admins and the community, and i can't think of any other reasons for keeping pa

-mist
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 01:00   #103
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Less balance means more fun for those who are active and play aggressively. More balance is good for people who want to play sim planet. There comes a point where you have to ask why you want to maintain balance between such obviously different types of players. After all, nobody suggests that a match between Man Utd and my local pub team should be balanced, and it would be a very boring game if the referee banned either team from kicking the ball towards the goal in case it led to 'unbalance'.
yes, but unless the ref sent off half the manu team it'd still be utterly dull, and even then i have doubts.

i want to see a balanced game because i want to see a larger player base, and recognise that there's only so many '1337' players. therefore the rest of the game needs to be made up of lesser players, who have to enjoy the game if they're going to stay.

what were your motivations?

-mist
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 01:06   #104
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

My main enjoyment in PA comes from attacking. I don't actually mind losing roids, so long as I can go back out and get more. The example of round 2 is useful because in r2 it was possible to capture extra ships as well as roids, adding to the potential fun to be had.

imo, the game would be a lot more popular if more people played the game aggressively, and if it were easier to do so. Trying to restrict the people who 'get' how to play the game in favour of those who simply don't is a cop-out. The real problem is that the manual is still way below commercial standard and inaccurate in places (the fact that it's much better than it used to be only serves to underline how utterly awful it used to be).

I'll make the rest of this post in another thread to avoid taking this one further off-topic though - EDIT: posted here.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”

Last edited by ComradeRob; 15 Jul 2004 at 01:24.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 01:09   #105
mist
Jolt's best friend

heh

i agree that the game should reward those who're aggressive more, however if you do that i suspect that larger blocks will form so that people can still get 100% defence, and you'll be back to square one.

however, i believe that excessive stealing meant that it was too easy to grow quickly, and that as you expected to gain ships on an attack rather than loosing them it reduced the thought that went in to attacks - imo a bad thing

-mist
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 01:26   #106
ComradeRob
wasted

I got roided last night, I have no block and I don't want one. I'm ETA 2 and 4 on the attacks that will get my lost roids back right now.

I find that to be fun, and I think most people would agree.

This is the last I'll post on this subject here, since we're taking the thread off-topic
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 01:28   #107
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

my best pa memories came after episodes when I was attacked- and I was able to def myself.
using all ur contacts-all ur m8s..and then c them recall.. that is just more fun imo. though it is always nice with a nice bashing

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 09:47   #108
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The problem is ComradeRob that to be agressive you need ships, when the games unbalanced and idiots are bashing you down safe in the knowledge that defence is unlikly to come and thus its easy roids you simply cant be agressive as you never have the ships to do so, even when you do your then left with attacking players who have basically just started playing the game so you instantly put them off the game. You need some kind of balance to the game otherwise the big players just destroy the game for everyone else and basically put a stranglehold over the game
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 22:02   #109
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone want to buy a copy of Plan3tia?

I'm poor
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 22:30   #110
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Meet Dave.

Once proud admin of a free Planetarion competitor that would leave Planetarion miles behind and was much better than what Planetarion had to offer. Now a poor beggar trying to sell the game on the Planetarion forums.

gg.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 01:27   #111
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Meet Dave.

Once proud admin of a free Planetarion competitor that would leave Planetarion miles behind and was much better than what Planetarion had to offer. Now a poor beggar trying to sell the game on the Planetarion forums.

gg.

the usuall career of browser game admins.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 16:46   #112
Dave
Infallible

Quote:
Meet Dave.

gg.
I got bored of spending 20 hours a week running something which gave me absolutely nothing in return. I could have run off with the ~£1000 donation money, but I didnt, I'm too nice .

Sounds fair enough?
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 18:10   #113
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
I could have run off with the ~£1000 donation money, but I didnt, I'm too nice
Dave in "Be grateful I didn't scam you" shocker.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 19:09   #114
Dave
Infallible

Quote:
Dave in "Be grateful I didn't scam you" shocker.
Pretty much.

I spent enough of my own cash on the thing.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 22:59   #115
mist
Jolt's best friend

pia's dead?

-mist
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 00:29   #116
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

They appointed Killmark a multi hunter or something and then he cheated and abused his posistion so they delayed the round, newbies.

Shocker !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 05:29   #117
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
pia's dead?

-mist
One of the few reasons PA playerbase got the boost it did. Seems like it might continue through next round also.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 12:20   #118
mist
Jolt's best friend

oh yeh, i heard about the killmark incident. soz dave, but that was rather predictable

-mist
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 12:52   #119
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Oh well, you can't say Killmark isn't reliable.

I fully expected him to do what he did.
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 19:52   #120
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Oh well, you can't say Killmark isn't reliable.

I fully expected him to do what he did.
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 22:16   #121
Kill
Banned

Kill is infamous around these parts

I didnt abuse the tools nor was I named as the one who did so dont go spouting off accusations.

I left as for exactly the reason I stated, I wanted to return to the alliance side of the community and my battlegroup which I had to hand over to a replacement in rounds past.

Also in proccess of working on another browser based game.

Killmark

Omen Incorporated CEO

Heresy CEO [=H=]
"Born of Heresy"

<milkey> its four am ..
<milkey> youre freaking crazy
<Killmark> 4.20
<Killmark>
<milkey> dont matter
<Killmark> i need roidies!
Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 02:09   #122
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Its just that nobody belives you Malos.

And for Hicks proposal about making Moridin a multihunter, its about as stupid as making Killmark one.
(For those who were not there: Moridin became famous for his political deletions, ie he prefered the delete among his enemies...)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 02:40   #123
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

There was me thinking Moridin was famous for winning Round 1 Accusations against Moridrin in Round 4 were pathetic, news flash guys you cheated and deserved to get deleted, no need to cry "he only deleted us because we're VeX".
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 06:39   #124
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Meet Dave.

gg.
It's more fun than Planetarion has been for say, 6 rounds

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 08:36   #125
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill
I didnt abuse the tools nor was I named as the one who did so dont go spouting off accusations.

I left as for exactly the reason I stated, I wanted to return to the alliance side of the community and my battlegroup which I had to hand over to a replacement in rounds past.

Killmark
To quote an announcement from the PIA boards

"The removed multi-hunter is indeed Killmark, as previously stated there have been too many security breaches with his account last round. As a result of this Killmark was to be removed from the team, although as you all maybe aware he resigned before this occured."

Still haven`t gotten out of that frantic lying buisness eh?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 09:58   #126
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

jerome wins at teh intarweb

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 11:16   #127
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Anyone want to buy a copy of Plan3tia?

I'm poor
How much Dave?
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 16:29   #128
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
There was me thinking Moridin was famous for winning Round 1 Accusations against Moridrin in Round 4 were pathetic, news flash guys you cheated and deserved to get deleted, no need to cry "he only deleted us because we're VeX".
Your memory is as always clouded young Hicks.

Or dont you remember his patethic deleting of a guy for spamming the galaxy board, the same galaxy board he himself was reading?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 16:44   #129
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Dave. You still havn't come for a pint you git. Don't make me jog down to milton keynes and spank your sorry ass into submission.

p.s., drugs are bad, m'kay?
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 17:04   #130
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill

Killmark
there are many many times you used access to close enemies.. close/open people eta 1/2 to your gal (or friends) so don't say they aren't there... anyone playing it knows about it.

as for ********.. it was a nice game for a bit... then making killmark a multi'hunter' and stuff like that happened and it turned into way more shit then pa ever was...

p.s. they have worse downtimes then OLD OLD OLD PA rounds hehe

too bad dave.. you could have had a winner
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 18:55   #131
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

And for Hicks proposal about making Moridin a multihunter, its about as stupid as making Killmark one.
(For those who were not there: Moridin became famous for his political deletions, ie he prefered the delete among his enemies...)

yes, lets compared Moridin to Killmark, swell idea!

do you even know anything about what you post? or do you just keep posting your asumptions wrapped up in a nice blanket of "I-know-this-honest!"
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 19:57   #132
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

20:9:11, aka Frodo (a norwegian player from the small town of Haugesund), got closed for spamming a galaxy forum nobody used (couse a certain MH was said to be reading it).

He only got reopened 5-6 days later, after the galaxy complained about it.
Ofcourse that wasnt political!
If your able to read, you will notice I was in that galaxy.

So let me ask you, do you even know anything about what you post? or do you just keep posting your asumptions wrapped up in a nice blanket of "I-know-this-honest!"
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 20:53   #133
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

So let me ask you, do you even know anything about what you post? or do you just keep posting your asumptions wrapped up in a nice blanket of "I-know-this-honest!"

yes
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 05:43   #134
Thekar
Tourist of Terror

Thekar is an unknown quantity at this point

i know im a late starter:

idler - good luck with buying the game, if you do maybe think about if the game HAS TO BE perfect (anti cheating - planet/gal - closing etc.)

i wish i had more time to play this stuff again maybe in a year
r3: 220:20:8 <-- noob
r4: 274:19:12 <--- yeah i was exactly r2000, Templar Noob
r5: 18:22:17 <-- Xanadu, NitinA gal(R.I.P)
r6: 35:11: <-- Xanadu
r7: 31:3:6 <-- Xanadu, Schrat-Galaxy
r8: 20:22:8 <-- Xanadu, then Fury
r9: 37:4:9 <-- Tourist of Terror , Schrat-Galaxy, rank 234
r10:15:3:9 <-- Tourist of Terror
Thekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 11:27   #135
Moridin
No Real Life

Moridin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Your memory is as always clouded young Hicks.

Or dont you remember his patethic deleting of a guy for spamming the galaxy board, the same galaxy board he himself was reading?

Hmm, this is fun, I get the blame/credit for every deletion done by everyone now? Iirc, zeus was the spam deleter. And even though it is likely not worth bothering, I would like to point out that the only time I deleted anyone due to political affiliation, was when I took the list of gallaxies that were allied _TO_ me, in x11x, and deleted anything I could find there of cheating, in a apparently hopeless attempt to not be accused of being partial. Even though some people seem to credit me with a very big brain, since I seem to be expected to know which alliance everyone in the game was in, and who these alliances were allied too, and delete accordingly, I must admit, I didnt have a clue who those people were. Which was a bit funny when I one day heard a guy in my dorm complaining about me deleting him (he didnt know who I was, luckily, big guy). And me becoming a multi hunter was something that afaik, no one but the bossmen had anything to do with, I asked to join the PAcrew in r2 or r3 (a bit fuzzy on the details atm) and was accepted by either spinner irons or zeus, I forget which, I think I was set as a multihunter more or less at once. I could check my logs, but I cant be bothered (since I dont even remember where those logs are anymore).
r1 - 2:16:1
r2 - 33:21:1 (for a few weeks)
r3 - 1:1:7
r4 - 178:11:1
r5 - 20:2:18 (college, not really playing)
r6 - 18:11:6 (last few months of college, not really playing)
r7 - 27:23:15 (Still not playing, moving to USA)
r8 - 28:5:6 (In the US, not playing)
r9,10,11... not playing at all
r16 - Taking a look

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings,
Look on my Works ye Mighty, and despair!
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 18:35   #136
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Sorry to be picky Moridin, but i do remember 1 incident in which you were naive to say the least as a multihunter, but as i like you i wont go into details
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 23:13   #137
Moridin
No Real Life

Moridin is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I wont deny being naive, it is being deviously picking on certain targets that I deny.
r1 - 2:16:1
r2 - 33:21:1 (for a few weeks)
r3 - 1:1:7
r4 - 178:11:1
r5 - 20:2:18 (college, not really playing)
r6 - 18:11:6 (last few months of college, not really playing)
r7 - 27:23:15 (Still not playing, moving to USA)
r8 - 28:5:6 (In the US, not playing)
r9,10,11... not playing at all
r16 - Taking a look

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings,
Look on my Works ye Mighty, and despair!
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 07:39   #138
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Totally wrong Kal

It would not mean just more inactives
It would mean more actives too

I started PA the two seasons before p2p and I saw the decline in the seasons after p2p - people talk of a PA growing again - I hear paid planets for this round have risen by about 20% - well Whippy woo - Pa would have to increase by 2,000% to make it interesting again

If the price was right I would be interested in buying the game - I would certainly make the game free again atleast for about 4 seasons to attract a whole new member base.

Maybe a few of the people stating an interest to buy could team together
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 12:21   #139
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

give you 4p for it.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 13:58   #140
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Before we starting cheering for the people who have offered to buy PA, i agree that we would need to see some figures.

Cos right now, with what i've heard, There is about £15k ready to go straight in as a bid.

Now £15k for the domain name and a copyright to a game that is now largely regarded as a game for sad people with too much time Almost seems excessive.

If as is supposed to be the case, this game is not making money but loosing it, and there is no willingness to put more money in in a hope that it might start making money, then why are you complaining about the offers for it?

If i had a beaten up Skoda that leaked fuel, rattled and backfired every 100m and someone offered to swap it for a brand new Mercedes, or the equivalent in cash, Id jump at the offer.

Stop trying to do what FS did and get greedy.

If the horse is dead, stop flogging it. If someone offers to buy the horse off you, sell it.
If the dead horse is really a prize stallion, then show us what it's worth, and what its capable of, rather than tottering around on it saying "ooo, we own this and you dont!"
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 14:02   #141
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When did Jolt release financial figures? Because otherwise any discussions based on how 'badly' or 'well' the game is doing are going to be based on pure conjecture, and if you've got £15k to throw into buying a game like PA I doubt you would go about basing your purchase on non-existent information and hearsay.
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 14:12   #142
mist
Jolt's best friend

jolt won't sell pa. it makes them too much money, despite simtech allegedly making a loss

-mist
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 15:51   #143
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Im not asking for a full financial breakdown for the last 2 years by jolt, simply some figures as to what PA makes, or doesn't, basic costs to run it etc.

eg, "PA costs £2500 per month running costs and ads, Makes £10k in signups at beginning of round, and a further £3k of signups during round."

Thats not exactly selling out the company.

They run the game for us. We are, loosely, in a roundabout way (im no financial expert, so hush) their Investors.
Without us, no money, and no money, no PA.

And find me a decent investor who is happy when the owners of a product they invest in refuses to give out any information and only comments on are "Its worth more than that, and your not having it. So just give us your money and go away."

(Edited Typo's)
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 16:48   #144
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Right now, im sure giving the time, Jolt is giving more and more ressource in order to make PA what i was once, i can concretely say that few ideas i have made have been taken into consideration and i have found jolt to be more a listenener and wanting to do something with PA than what we might have tought of them.
i have more faith in jolt than in the past round, and i have my reasons, lets wait and see what happen.
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 19:15   #145
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Jolt is more interested in getting new players in the game and doesn't give a flying **** about the people who have been here for a long time

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 23:40   #146
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

well, as being one of those thats been here for a long time(r2/3):
all i want for this game is more players.....so basicly i think Jolt is on to something.

gameplay can be r1-9 or paX or r10.5-r11, i dont really care, as long as races are well balanced and there are lots of targets

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 14:02   #147
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

I actually found Moridin to be one of the fairer Multihunters along with GoLdEnEyE. I also know some funny stories about the early multihunters from round one who didnt delete a certain player for messaging from his ministers account when he was logged onto it instead of his own planet where he was SC (the old GC) because he was the leader of a large alliance and apparently played on for quite a while never being deleted even tho he was the greatest cheat the game ever saw...... then again the multihunter who didnt delete him is still involved in the game in his same position and deletes many times politically and yet cops little critism.

No points for guessing who to either but to accuse Moridin of not being as honest as current or past hunters is absurd..... there may have been one or 2 moments things appeared hard to understand to those without all the facts but at least Moridin usually checked the reports for real eveidence rather than innuendo (of course proxies werent used as much back then so IP checks were actually useful)

btw .. price for PA..... how much is 5cents Aussie in Euros?
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 14:29   #148
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

ok ok i'll give you 12p for it.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 23:24   #149
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road

hmmmm............

ultimatly this thread is nothing new, threads like this have been around since the "good old days" as you all like to refer to them of R2. at the end of every round and tbh somewhere in the middle as well, someone would start ranting about how rubbish certian aspects of the game where, whether it was downtime of the game during the Barrysworld era, inbalanced stats, inacctives multies, to many adverts etc etc.

as you people have all mentioned you think PA should be Free and then we would get back the community that we had before. that to an extent is true. obviuosly if something is free you get more people playing, however by the same token you get less commitment from those players, if people can play for free they will sign up for a few weeks play and then leave and become in active, increasing the intial sign up figures but ultimtly not moving the game forward in any way.
Anyone here got a MVC card? this is a great example of this, walk into MVC pick up a Cd, walk up to counter with CD, if u have a MVC card u get the CD cheaper so sign up for one for free and save a few quid, walk out of MVC through MVC card in the bin because u know that next time you are in there u can do the same thing and hence the card means nothing and get the store no customer loyalty or well in fact anything.
Now anyone here shop at game? got a game card? when you sign up for this card you first have to pay 3 quid and then second you dont get instant discount you have to wait untill your voucher is sent through to you. due to this the repeat custom is much higher.
so ultimatly making it free to an extent cheapens the product.

secondly all of you out there shouting about how it should be free first of all can you give a reason why, why should the staff regardless of who they are do there job for nothing? would you go to work and not get paid? do none of you remember quite how much debt spinner etc put themselves into trying for as long as they did to keep the game free. you all talk about marketing the game to a larger audience using adverts etc, where would the money for this come from? those of you posing as business men if surley the point of any business is to make money? as to using advertising as mentioned by someone to make money that was what was tried in the early rounds and failed to work for 2 main reasons, first the amount of money created by internet advertising now days is pretty small banners etc generally create less then 1p per click, so even if every player was to click on a banner every time they logged in the revenue created by this would be extremely small not to mention that most players would not do this and would also complain about the advertising and pop ups etc as they did in R3 (think it was R3 anyways)
when u think about the cost of PA it is so tiny that really there is no reason to complain most internet based games such as EQ, Ultima, FFXI etc charge you not only a fee for the actuall game but then a fee for every month that u play a fee that equals more than double what you would pay for 3 months worth of PA.

as to marketing the game to a larger audiance i have to say that this is the biggest area that hould be explored in creating more sign ups for the game. with the amount of customers that Jolt has over its many games that it hosts i am surprised that they have not used this to there advantage to create more signups, advertising PA in every server sign up etc etc, offering existing Jolt customers reduced cost or even a free round to get them into the community, i have no idea what the figures of the jolt community are but i imagine even getting a small % of there customers to play PA would make a huge differnce.

lastly and the one thing that everyone seems to forget is that it is currently possible to play PA for free anyways yes your account is limeted but if we are talking about new players entering the game the chances of them making the top 100 or even 1000 are limeted and so playing with a free account for there first time is no real barrier. making the entire game free now and having no u[pgrade cost would not increase the amount of active members as to a new player this would be nothing new all it would do would be encourage the existing players to multi realising now that if they create 10 accounts it isnt gonna cost them 50 quid.

well thats my 50pence worth, although it makes sense to me i am sure that my grammer and spelling will make it hard for anyone else to understand but hopefully makes some sense

Jsar

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote