User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 1 May 2009, 16:35   #1
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about
Update on the 1st of May

Hello PA Players,

I thought I would post an update about my general thoughts and what I've been doing, I'll try and make these fairly regular as many people have suggested this. The Dear ZPeti thread also gave me stuff to think about so I think I should share my views about it.

My approach right now to Planetarion is to set a general direction for the website, but not really make choices about the mechanics of the game. I am not spending that much time on PA, this is true, but I do read the forums every day and communicate with Appoco.

My long term goal for Planetarion is to create a brand new space based game, however this would take a lot of money+time, designing, building etc, not to mention PA is fairly successful anyway, so this is far far away. This is a very distant goal, we are talking years. So many more rounds until then.
I also think most current players would quit if this happened, and I don't want that at all.

Right now, I do believe that PA Team are doing a good job, and I don't want to really tell them what to do, as I would just be making mistakes. What I can do is look at the game from an outsider's perspective and suggest a few changes, like the new design, and a better IRC chat system etc.

I can clearly see that the current situation is not sustainable in the long run (doing constant patching, small updates, losing players every round), but for now it works for a lot of people.

-----

Now, I read the forums every day, but yes I do not post and I am not on IRC regularly. As someone said in the Dear Zpeti post, I am taking more of a manage role here.

I run another game, and I have recently also acquired a game toplist, which will be fantastic for marketing Planetarion next round (30.000 uniques per day). So in this way what I am doing right now will help PA.
I have been working on that for the past 1-2 weeks.

So my day is quite full, and to be honest I don't want to take an extremely hands on approach. As I said, I would only make mistakes, and it would only cause conflict with PATeam who are much better qualified for doing the mechanics changes.

---

I understand some people want me to be really involved, while some people will like my approach.
All I can say is my approach will be the way it is now, and I think this round is looking fairly successful, and hosting is working, design is much better. I can't please everyone though.
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote