User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Nov 2006, 17:39   #51
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: ND whats your plan?

It might not have been intentional. Perhaps you really thought that you weren't going to win, and everyone else was stupid enough to think the same thing.

The end result is the same: most people underestimated eXilition this round.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 17:56   #52
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i dont think it was a problem of underestimation - it was a simple lack of action or willingness to do the necessary tasks in order to ensure they couldnt win.
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 18:04   #53
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

it is still not too late fs. one week of organised raids is enough. but will any HC step up to do the job? is omen dead, angels too lazy, ND too comfortable with their current possition, and all the others too incompetent?

prove me wrong PLEASE!!!

Last edited by voodoo; 19 Nov 2006 at 18:19.
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 18:09   #54
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i agree, theres still enough time - just i dont think the will is there.
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 18:31   #55
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
i agree, theres still enough time - just i dont think the will is there.
Omen are certainly showing the will to stop eXilition - and without there even being a direct, obvious benefit to themselves for doing so. Angels are also, it seems, attacking eX. eX's roid growth has slowed substantially in the last few days due to the amount of incoming they've had.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 18:38   #56
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

and to whoever asked through my rep thingie: exi sat on the fence just as much as ND. furthermore, ND has fought more battles this round than exi.
im not saying exi shouldnt win, im just saying they shouldnt have it so easy!

as for omen and angels hitting exi recently, im guessing its simply because they have fat planets in fat galaxies. and its also easier to fight a stronger opponent when u got nothing to lose
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 20:32   #57
rain

rain can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Omen are certainly showing the will to stop eXilition - and without there even being a direct, obvious benefit to themselves for doing so. Angels are also, it seems, attacking eX. eX's roid growth has slowed substantially in the last few days due to the amount of incoming they've had.
Really, this ain't omen's or angels battle(btw, angels doesn't fully target exi anymore), until ND will do something about it, nothing will change. Like I said before, eXi seem pleased of this situation, they have all the calculation done(planets to be added, stashed resources, etc) if they would have thought for a second that they can't catch up with ND, that ND-eXi NAP woud've been canceled by now. Maybe my calculations doesnt match theirs and they'll cancel it tomorrow. My money goes on a last week ND-invasion though. Just to increase the difference between #1 and #2.
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 20:42   #58
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
Really, this ain't omen's or angels battle
The last time this was spoken of, it wasn't Angels' battle either, even though they were sitting first. It's probably not Omen's battle or Angels' battle this time, but, hey, dodgeball!
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 20:48   #59
rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
The last time this was spoken of, it wasn't Angels' battle either, even though they were sitting first. It's probably not Omen's battle or Angels' battle this time, but, hey, dodgeball!
Sorry, i missed the word anymore.
At one point it was angels battle and they avoided it, same for omen.
Picking the right moment to act is crucial nowadays in PA. Few days sooner or later can ruin one alliance's round, or at least its chances to get the title.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 01:20   #60
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whos blaming who and what do you care? Like I said, exi had a perfect round, nothing to blame there. They fooled everyone, or almost everyone(there will always be dumb alliance leaders). You still ain't going for #1 and still ending the round low in numbers, right? There were probably alliances who went to exi to ask for a NAP, can't ''blame'' exi for that, true.
About XP. In a posible ND-exi war, and generally, you need to actually land to get XP. My bet would be that even though eXi's average value is bigger than ND's, eXi will still get more XP.
Finally, you being eXi and being concerned about whoever is ''blaiming'' ND, you kinda agree to everything I said before, confirming my bullshit story about eXi not changing anything atm. I'm sure they will take the best decisions in the future also. They're exi aftefall, won every round they played. Still trying to fool noobs on forums, Stoom?(Innocent ND, why do you pick on them?) hah
Wake me up when round ends.
I fail to see where I agreed to your statements and what use this post is, since it's pretty much the same as the one I already replied to. Maybe you should indeed stop sleeping and get a better clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
and to whoever asked through my rep thingie: exi sat on the fence just as much as ND. furthermore, ND has fought more battles this round than exi.
im not saying exi shouldnt win, im just saying they shouldnt have it so easy!

as for omen and angels hitting exi recently, im guessing its simply because they have fat planets in fat galaxies. and its also easier to fight a stronger opponent when u got nothing to lose
Who are you to say eXi had it easy? When does one have it easy? I'm fairly confident we have a similar or even higher amount of AVG incs per planet then most of the top alliances.
Maybe our roidcount is so high because we have a somewhat awesome DC coverage?
Maybe we got members who actually wake up in the night to send/recall fleets?
<insert more internal factors here>
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 01:22   #61
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

ND are so chickend out they hit non top5 alliances instead of trying to keep thier rank :P

The newest block is ND and LCH.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 01:32   #62
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-
ND are so chickend out they hit non top5 alliances instead of trying to keep thier rank :P

your a bright one ain't ya
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 01:35   #63
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
your a bright one ain't ya
I sure hope he's not

edit*: Blah, u should have kept the rocket scientist statement aNgRyDuCk
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 01:35   #64
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

Heh well i postet it in the other thread but everyone was saying it was BS - Well now that even the hillpeasants of Illinois knows it ill stop writing it again :P

Anyways i thought it was relevant for this thread - LCH is for some strange reason spenting thier resources on maintaining ND as no. 1 (which is doubtfull imo). Wonder what LCH gets out of that?
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 01:39   #65
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I have more faith in ND than the entire Planetarion community.

you guys all know something i don't.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 01:40   #66
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Actually, they're going to get more roids (and therefore more score) by going for gal raids and easy hits on smaller alliances. Hitting ToF/Angels strikes me as fairly pointless unless they seriously expect to get through on them - and both of those alliances are relatively well-organised on the DC front.

I am suprised, however, that no-one seems too bothered about taking a stack of roids off ND - especially after they added 5000 roids a couple of days ago. If Angels have any intention of getting back into the race (even if it's just to keep second and force ND into 3rd when they eventually get hit, they need roids fast. eXilition are obviously pretty difficult to get roids from, so ND is the obvious next candidate.

Quote:
Ignoring the fact that two alliances NAPing/allying doesn't equal a block, haven't they been working together for quite some time already?
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 02:00   #67
Red-

Well LCH and ND does both joint attacks, defences and fc's now.

Seems to me to be a lot more then a mere NAP by now.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 02:18   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well LCH and ND does both joint attacks, defences and fc's now.

Seems to me to be a lot more then a mere NAP by now.
I've been reliably informed that a number of LCH and ND members have also undergone brain transplants with each other.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 03:17   #69
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

As I'veen seen eX has mostly countered hostilities, instead of starting them. And tbh why would they start a war when there r only 40-50 planets able to defend 1 another. Even with the value advantage it'd still be a lil bit like fighting 1 hand behind ur back when u've almost twice less fleetslots in usage against the enemy. Atm I see ND going strong (doesn't seem they are getting much inc), Angels has the potential to raise up again if they manage to repair the alliance moral after getting heavily suppressed earlier. Omen seems to have dropped from competition due member cuts unless they've a hidden agenda to merge with sum1. Seems v. much it's still every man's game.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 04:54   #70
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

I think it is sad that I see NewDawn highranked but yet again it is by avoiding the big battles. You NDers seem to have a habbit of avoiding the military side of this game.

Now sure you hit people that hit you. Yes you attacked reasonably big alliances. On the other hand you have avoided (so far) any big confrontations with the big hitters Angels and eXi. Im not sure what it is you are scared of but you guys really need to get some balls in your HC team. You have thrown away so many chances to gain respect (and a rank you earnt) over the rounds by the same style of play.

It is made all the worse because ive been so close to many of you for so long. I know you have it in you. Not reaching your potential is a crime! I would love nothing more to see you grab this round by the balls and take the victory! I will not hold my breath though.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 06:44   #71
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Red is absolutely correct. I fleet caught a series of cutlass with my 5 harpy the other day for Lch.

Oh, and I hear that ToF will be merging with PATSA, and exilition are rumored to be disbanding their alliance and forcing members to join individual tags, only to perform a nasty 49-alliance merger near the end of the round which will wtfpwn the interweb.

These are the facts right here folks.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 09:07   #72
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

anyone else but me bored of the ND hypocrisy?

they got angels to attack eXi under the pretence that they were the #1 alliance and that it was theyre responcibility to do something about eXilitions rise to the top.

Angels attacked exilition forcing exi to respond. while angels were being hit by exi, ND took that point to get Omen and LCH to attack angels with them thus bashing the absolute shit out of Angels causeing them to loose 1st place to ND.

ND are now 18 million score in the lead and refuse to do exactly what they accused Angels of not doing yet sit there on their high horses calling Angels shit. why is that?

They have gotten other alliances to do theyre dirty work for them and its a tad bit pathetic imho

hop off the fence and fight please ND.....for your own reputation atleast (you cant roid race exilition and you know it!)

i know your military organisation has gone down a notch since Gate left your asses, but im sure that you can attack an alliance with 31 members less than you

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 20 Nov 2006 at 09:17.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 09:14   #73
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, you could say ND are brilliant for using Angels tactics against them! They might have enough lead to take it through till the end, in which case they can be (somewhat) applauded for letting Angels attempt to block pre-round and win that way fail miserably by 'forcing' them to do the one thing they didn't want to do ^^ (which is hitting eXi ofc).

And your block Mek (Angels/VsN/ToF) can hardly come crying here, as you are the ones who forced the creation of this political climate when it wasn't needed by ganging up on ND/Omen when it wasn't needed.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 09:59   #74
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

they got angels to attack eXi under the pretence that they were the #1 alliance and that it was theyre responcibility to do something about eXilitions rise to the top.
It was every alliance's responsibility - at least, every alliance that had any pretension of making the top 5. Their complete and utter failure to co-operate in this fairly obvious common goal was due to a number of factors, but I'd like to see you try to pretend that Angels' terrible political actions weren't important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Angels attacked exilition forcing exi to respond. while angels were being hit by exi, ND took that point to get Omen and LCH to attack angels with them thus bashing the absolute shit out of Angels causeing them to loose 1st place to ND.
Then again, could ND rely on Angels to do as they were supposed to? Angels had a reasonable lead at the top of the rankings, and as obvious as it is now that Angels would implode, it wasn't as simple as 1+1=2 at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
ND are now 18 million score in the lead and refuse to do exactly what they accused Angels of not doing yet sit there on their high horses calling Angels shit. why is that?
Time. The round ends on Friday 8th December - and I suspect that ND have decided that their best strategy is to try to sit tight at the top of the rankings, accumulating roids and avoiding incoming. When eXilition do make their move, whether by spending resources or launching fleets, they'll respond - but until then, eXil's value advantage means that they need to stay out of battles for as long as possible. I read somewhere that ND are experience-heavy, which would mean that their members need to keep landing fleets - if they don't, they'll be caught by eXilition far sooner. You're not going to land many fleets when you first start attacking eXil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
They have gotten other alliances to do theyre dirty work for them and its a tad bit pathetic imho
Er, I think you missed the entire series of Angels posts (while they were #1) where they desperately tried to get the other alliances to attack eXilition for them. I realise that you've been away, so it's hardly your fault to have missed it (and best of luck with all that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
hop off the fence and fight please ND.....for your own reputation atleast (you cant roid race exilition and you know it!)

i know your military organisation has gone down a notch since Gate left your asses, but im sure that you can attack an alliance with 31 members less than you
Actually, ND have been roiding pretty well this week and taking some decent score along with it. eXil have apparently been on the receiving end of some consistent incoming, which I suspect is checking their progress for now. If Omen(?) keep it up, ND may well just pull it off.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 12:09   #75
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
that was quite an interesting statement, since exi have yet to actually play the political scene this round, just as they said they would pre round, quite funny really
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 13:23   #76
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

rofl. Sure we did. It sure was ND that persuaded Angels to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
I still just don't understand the amount of bs coming out of you, once again this round. First off, it wasn't just Angels getting hit. I remember their muppets getting hit too. And I still fully agree with the HC that it was the smart thing to do. Face it Mek, your block shot yourselves in the foot. And it wasn't by beeing brave. It was actually due to you beeing chicken shits and then getting outplayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

Like Angels had their muppets doing their dirty work for them? As in Muppets of Fire and Vision launching earlier waves on ND so that Angels got the main part of the roids? (3 vs. 1 btw. Sure was a brave thing to do Mek.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
blablabla...ND get off the fence while you're actually not even on it...blabalbal ba...some other cheapshot comment...blabalablba.

That's pretty much how you've been sounding all round.

Now listen to themast. All you've done this round is been taking cheap shots at ND. Just stop, as you're doing a very bad job at it and making yourself look like a fool.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:28   #77
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
rofl. Sure we did. It sure was ND that persuaded Angels to do so.
mabey..mabey not, but ND were some of the camps that kicked up a major fuss when angels didnt attack exilition and you know it heres a quote from Lokken (who i believe to be ND this round?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
If Angels want to win, they should get their block and do it themselves, maybe then they might get some assistance.
^^ substitute the word "Angels" with "ND" (in this current situation) and we may be getting somewhere

Quote:
Like Angels had their muppets doing their dirty work for them? As in Muppets of Fire and Vision launching earlier waves on ND so that Angels got the main part of the roids? (3 vs. 1 btw. Sure was a brave thing to do Mek.)
having ran tp for db for majority of the round and being present during all meetings with angels HC i can 100% assure you ToF/db NEVER once ran flak for angels and i would be pretty certain Vision has never either. there was never one mention from angels hc of "you go in first, we will go in second to cleanup the roids afterwards" so mabey you should double check your intel....son

also when ToF attacked ND solo and you returned fire with the added LCH fleets... 2 vs 1 - super fair that is too eh?

Quote:
blablabla...ND get off the fence while you're actually not even on it...blabalbal ba...some other cheapshot comment...blabalablba.
atleast Furball bothered to post a decent reply to me. if you dont agree with me then thats you perogative, i dont expect you too as at the end of the day your ND.

Quote:
All you've done this round is been taking cheap shots at ND. Just stop, as you're doing a very bad job at it and making yourself look like a fool.
if im doing such a bad job why are u getting so wound up by it?

Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:29   #78
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I hardly ever post on AD.

I felt the need to as that statement has made my chuckle for hours.

Thanks

BA
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:32   #79
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADA
I hardly ever post on AD.

I felt the need to as that statement has made my chuckle for hours.

Thanks

BA

consider i only posted it about 4 hours ago you mustnt have got a great deal done today with all that chuckling

Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:39   #80
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can see how vast eXilition's gains on ND have been by looking at this graph.

I heart graphs.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:40   #81
rain

52k and counting
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:50   #82
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

yea piss ur pants ND
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:57   #83
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
mabey..mabey not, but ND were some of the camps that kicked up a major fuss when angels didnt attack exilition and you know it heres a quote from Lokken (who i believe to be ND this round?)
From what I recall it was Angels + others (including you) that kicked up the major fuss about us having to hit eXi. Nice try to make it look like others were the ones looking stupid instead of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
having ran tp for db for majority of the round and being present during all meetings with angels HC i can 100% assure you ToF/db NEVER once ran flak for angels and i would be pretty certain Vision has never either. there was never one mention from angels hc of "you go in first, we will go in second to cleanup the roids afterwards" so mabey you should double check your intel....son
Having looked at galstatus and ND incomings once in a while, actually quite often before we hit you, it sure looked like it. ToF/VsN launches were quite often a few ticks before Angels.
Propably you doing a bad job at choosing LT then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
also when ToF attacked ND solo and you returned fire with the added LCH fleets... 2 vs 1 - super fair that is too eh?
Fight fire with fire. And I am very happy that we gave you a spanking like that since you deserved it. Atleast we didn't come on the forums whining while we were beeing outnumbered unlike others did.

Not the "OMG YOU BLOCKED" (ironic that it was the first moaning since we were countering your block) and the "YOU BLOCKED...YOU SHOULD HIT EXI AND NOT US YOU COWARDS" (even more irony. First you block up. Then instead of hitting eXi like you seem to think blocks should do, you start triple teaming other alliances).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
atleast Furball bothered to post a decent reply to me. if you dont agree with me then thats you perogative, i dont expect you too as at the end of the day your ND.
Wasn't even worth a decent reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
if im doing such a bad job why are u getting so wound up by it?
Not actually getting wound up by the ND flaming. More getting wound up about the fact that you go on and on about the same thing every time. It's getting old already.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 15:00   #84
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
yea piss ur pants ND
Be scared ppl is typeing that you schould be on AD ^^
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 15:15   #85
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You can see how vast eXilition's gains on ND have been by looking at this graph.
Pretty hard to argue those. It seems that eXilition are the ones forced to take the initiative on NewDawn, unless there's really really massive amounts of unspent resources on each of their planets. Pdmaster will generate roughly 400k score from his current stock. I would assume no eXi will generate much more than that.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 15:23   #86
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Pretty hard to argue those. It seems that eXilition are the ones forced to take the initiative on NewDawn, unless there's really really massive amounts of unspent resources on each of their planets. Pdmaster will generate roughly 400k score from his current stock. I would assume no eXi will generate much more than that.
I'd imagine maybe 4 mil total gain absolute maximum considering ND also have some value heavy planets with resources stockpiled.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 15:30   #87
rain

Quote:
And there will always be shipjumpers to generate more than enough score for exi to easily win. Don't you agree?
edit: eXi plays at another level(politics, organisation, member base, strategy, activity, etc) than any other alliance in game atm. If they didnt break the NAP with ND yet, they know best why.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 16:13   #88
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
And there will always be shipjumpers to generate more than enough score for exi to easily win. Don't you agree?
edit: eXi plays at another level(politics, organisation, member base, strategy, activity, etc) than any other alliance in game atm. If they didnt break the NAP with ND yet, they know best why.
Because we have never and will never break a NAP without a proper reason?
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 16:18   #89
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
I think it is sad that I see NewDawn highranked but yet again it is by avoiding the big battles. You NDers seem to have a habbit of avoiding the military side of this game.

Now sure you hit people that hit you. Yes you attacked reasonably big alliances. On the other hand you have avoided (so far) any big confrontations with the big hitters Angels and eXi. Im not sure what it is you are scared of but you guys really need to get some balls in your HC team. You have thrown away so many chances to gain respect (and a rank you earnt) over the rounds by the same style of play.

It is made all the worse because ive been so close to many of you for so long. I know you have it in you. Not reaching your potential is a crime! I would love nothing more to see you grab this round by the balls and take the victory! I will not hold my breath though.
n/o zoof but you have no idea what ur talking about, ND has done alot of big battles and if it had been up to me we'd have done alot less
we've had alot of confrontations with angels.. the only thing that is true about ur post is that we didn't have a BIG battle with exi
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 16:22   #90
rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Because we have never and will never break a NAP without a proper reason?
i beg to differ
r13, exi, kaifux, hydra
cant say anything about other rounds/naps
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 16:48   #91
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
n/o zoof but you have no idea what ur talking about, ND has done alot of big battles and if it had been up to me we'd have done alot less
we've had alot of confrontations with angels.. the only thing that is true about ur post is that we didn't have a BIG battle with exi
No, you are mistaken. Perhaps I worded it badly and should of known it would be misinterpreted. The problem is you have never played Planetarion on a strong military level and seem to of completely forgotten that this is infact a WAR game.

Not once have you gone face-to-face with another military power for a sustained period and done anything even remotely useful. The few times in history you have had a chance you all but rolled over and didnt even fight back.

Yes you are great at picking your fights and make good use of the fluid politics in recent rounds. Sadly you need more than that to win a round, unless you are very very lucky.

(note: I suggest you keep that bullshit propoganda your command feed you in #ndawn where it belongs, even Gate learnt eventually! Knowing your own strengths AND weaknesses is important. Its not like anyone here is going to buy into the fact ND are a military power anyway.)

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 16:53   #92
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not once have you gone face-to-face with another military power for a sustained period and done anything even remotely useful. The few times in history you have had a chance you all but rolled over and didnt even fight back.
forgive me for my memory, but you're wrong here
only round where we did that was r15 against exi.. in r16 we even fought 1up a LONG time untill sid came to us and said it wasn't worth it for them to hit us anymore so they stopped (not us)
in the past there are alot more examples, which I can't really bring to memory anymore since my memory is utter shite and I didn't play from r10.5 till 14
and this round we've fought face-to-face against angels/tof/vsn long enough to count aswell, not our fault they nearly died :/
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 16:57   #93
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
i beg to differ
r13, exi, kaifux, hydra
cant say anything about other rounds/naps
You really think your "I am going to make sure that eX won't win this round" PM to Kaifux after so many Hydra's jumped to Angels from WP wasn't reason enough to cancel the NAP?
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:03   #94
rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
You really think your "I am going to make sure that eX won't win this round" PM to Kaifux after so many Hydra's jumped to Angels from WP wasn't reason enough to cancel the NAP?
that was after he canceled the NAP, hence the quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:16   #95
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Did you check what times they were launching?

If ToF's normal launch times were 2am-4am and Angels' normal launch times were 4am-6am, it's obvious that you're going to be flakking them, whether intentionally or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
It's fairly obvious that if you attack one alliance, its allies will respond as well. This happens to be the entire basis of NATO: collective self-defence.

Quote:
Article V of the North Atlantic Treaty

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all. Consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defense recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
It's a shame you didn't reply to it. I can only suppose that it was so amazing that you simply had no possible reply.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:17   #96
furball

Quote:
Yet they can't carry their score with them, did you forget?
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:23   #97
rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Yet they can't carry their score with them, did you forget?
value will do
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:26   #98
Buly

Quote:
No, you are mistaken. Perhaps I worded it badly and should of known it would be misinterpreted. The problem is you have never played Planetarion on a strong military level and seem to of completely forgotten that this is infact a WAR game.
No, you are misstaken. We've been around long enough to know that this is a wargame. And we've played it on a high enough military level to know so. Please tell me what alliance other than Dragons, that you've been a part of, that has done that? HR military was indeed awesome while you ran it

Quote:
I don't think any alliances have been able to do that for a long time, other than 1up or eXi. That is, in the competition for top alliance. Sure it's possible outside the t5.

From what I've been around after I quit the first time, and this is only r15 and r18 since PAX came out, I've seen ND do it though. Like the fighting against 1up that cura came up with. Imo we also had a 1 on 1 vs. Angels r15 for quite some time and we did fairly well then.

And ND vs. eXi alone r15 is the only time I've seen ND roll over and die. Quite understandabel though. Exi were very tough that round, and almost beat the entire universe on their own. I don't think any alliance could've taken them on alone that round.

Quote:
Yes you are great at picking your fights and make good use of the fluid politics in recent rounds. Sadly you need more than that to win a round, unless you are very very lucky.

(note: I suggest you keep that bullshit propoganda your command feed you in #ndawn where it belongs, even Gate learnt eventually! Knowing your own strengths AND weaknesses is important. Its not like anyone here is going to buy into the fact ND are a military power anyway.)

What propaganda? Now it's time for me to pull the "get a clue" card infront of your face and point and laugh seeing a ridiculous statement like that.

Sure, I agree. ND aren't a big military power, but we're still able to hurt our enemies. Then again, what alliances have actually been true military powers these past rounds? I can actually only mention 2 alliances, and we all know who they are. Otherwise I see no other alliances around that have been much more of a military power than ND. I see alot of equals, but nobody better.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:31   #99
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Even Sid has said people think it is a WAR game but it isn't a war game because the stats don't allow it to be a war game. It's meant to be a game, there are elements of a war game, but it's all about score accumulation.

Quote:
Well let's have a look at ND's 4 previous attempts to scale the heights:

Round 12: Hit LCH (or are you going to deny they were a military power?) who turned on ND, containing ND's score resulting in a 1up victory. On top of that, we had to deal with your shower.

Round 14: 3 or 4 alliances disband, universe ends up as a 2 v 1 fight of 1up/Reunion versus ND, which ND couldn't possibly win (unless you're insane and think we're some kind of superhumans), so playing for rank was the only option.

Round 15: Played pretty poorly but still only lost because of XP, which when Asc used it a round later, everyone claimed the game engine needed changing, because it wasn't the result everyone wanted. Fought with Exilition for first place, lost with 3 days left.

Round 16: Actually took a good fight to 1up, but everyone lost motivation once Ascendancy went BAM! and passed everyone and you couldn't actually fight Ascendancy.

I don't see where you get your opinion from. We do what we have to, and we do what we can. I'm sorry we didn't hit 1up in round 14 but it was thoroughly moronic to get annihilated when you can simply resort to taking a heavy beating and getting the best rank we could. You say we do x, but you never quote examples. I've quoted 4 examples which show that your opinion makes no sense.

Quote:
You do need more - round 15 was the best example - but then, we played very very poorly. Had we played to even an OK'ish level, we might have won.

Quote:
note: I suggest you keep that bullshit propoganda your command feed you in #ndawn where it belongs
We've had a few hairy nights and a couple of catastrophic ones early on - our size throughout the round is for all to see. Go look at our size graph, clearly there was nothing to see around ticks 630 and 940. We're not exactly running into brick walls either mind, we just try to look after ourselves.

Quote:
even Gate learnt eventually! Knowing your own strengths AND weaknesses is important.
Gate is an excellent player who put in tons of effort to ND and it was rarely reciprocated to him. If it had been we'd have won a lot more rounds than we have now - if he'd been 1up or exilition, a lot of alliances would have had hell to pay. When it worked for Gate, ND could pretty much square up to a lot of alliances who might be regarded as better than us. The problem was getting turn out from the ND members and eventually from Gate himself, because like a lot of the best players - he burned out.

If there's only one thing he would have learned, it's that he couldn't stick playing to his level for a whole round any more. Quitting was one of the best decisions he could make, because he didn't feel committed to PA, his life is probably now a better one and we weren't over relying on him any more either.

Quote:
Its not like anyone here is going to buy into the fact ND are a military power anyway.)
I don't think anyone would ever claim that. What we've always done is accept what we are and what our opponents are and our command make the best of the hand that's dealt to them. They've stood very well by their membership this round and got them out of a lot of trouble because we were under a lot of pressure - this time they are getting a lot more back for their efforts and rightly so. Even then, I think they deserve more, because this round they have been more than astute in facing up to the problems we've faced. We could have finished in obscurity this round, instead we're fighting for 1st place, yet outsiders still moan.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 17:39   #100
furball

Quote:
value will do
It won't be added to their score, if that's what you mean.

Ship jumpers who leave ND will be a problem, but I don't see them having much effect apart from that. In a war situation I believe that eXilition already have the upper hand through experience, co-ordination and a more tightly-concentrated value base aiding defence coverage (covering 3 attackers with 1 defence fleet, for example - see r13 for a perfect example). However, in ND's favour is their number of planets and fleet slots, which would no doubt keep eXil very very busy - and let's not forget a decent portion of sheer bloody-mindedness.