User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Aug 2004, 21:10   #1
sachari

Question Alliances???

Hi, I've not played Planetarion for a very long time, and I'm kinda out of date!

I remember the 2 big alliances fury and legion? thats pretty much it. The last round I Played was when they re introduced salvaging, so after a battle you got c m and e. also they started charging that round!
anyway, questions, for anyone willing to answer

1)anyone here able to fill me on the Big/ger alliances, and whats happening?

2) any one remember an alliance call G-ii, genesis two I believe, if so were you a member? and what happened to G-ii? (do they still exist in some form?)
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 22:29   #2
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alliances???

G-II quit in r8 i believe

Legion quit after r7
Fury quit after 8

Some say Fury had a few reincarnations (re-founded alliances with Fury ppl) - Eclipse (quit after r10) and 1up (new this round)

other big alliances atm are...well look in the top10

1up
LCH
Vision
Mistu
HR
New Dawn
WolfPack
Tides of Fire
FAnG

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 23:28   #3
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i was G-II back in r3-6, they have, like nitros says, disbanded around 2 years ago. Some of the old members are in New Dawn. also, djcomplex has spoken some about trying to reform it, but in another game, a free shitty clone. And i'm not one of those invited back

edit:
NoS still plays too, just not in top10 atm

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 21 Aug 2004 at 23:33.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 00:37   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

G-II merged into ND, afaik.
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 00:44   #5
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

not officially.... think one of the hc's(not sure if it was illuv, marbs or dukez) tried to get them into another alliance, but faild to complete the agreement. Havent spoken to them for ages tho and cant really remember exactly.

however, i'm not really sure, but thats what i heard.

* We do not exist *

Unread 22 Aug 2004, 01:58   #6
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

HR was once a G-II attack pack
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 09:25   #7
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, we ate some G-II members

As far as I'm aware, NoS and ND are teh oldest remaining alliances... The only other alliance you may recognise is 1up, due to its founder being Synthetic_Sid, who also had a lot to do with Fury. My political knowledge sucks though, I tend to concentrate on the game so don't listen to me
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 09:27   #8
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros
1up
LCH
Vision
Mistu
HR
New Dawn
WolfPack
Tides of Fire
FAnG

Erm mate where is ROCK?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 13:40   #9
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
Yea, we ate some G-II members

As far as I'm aware, NoS and ND are teh oldest remaining alliances...
i'd recognise WP and HR on that list aswell. With prolly HR as the oldest of the two, meaning they still have a lot of their really old members.

* We do not exist *

Unread 22 Aug 2004, 15:20   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
G-II quit in r8 i believe

Legion quit after r7
Fury quit after 8

Some say Fury had a few reincarnations (re-founded alliances with Fury ppl) - Eclipse (quit after r10) and 1up (new this round)

other big alliances atm are...well look in the top10

1up
LCH
Vision
Mistu
HR
New Dawn
WolfPack
Tides of Fire
FAnG
FAnG won last round btw, so don't be fooled by own hilariously shitty position this round ;D

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 20:23   #11
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually FAnG drew last round, with Mistu in the end. After destroying their previous links, WP and Phraktos.

Well, they didn't actually get to destroy Phraktos, their members were unprepared for an actual war as opposed to a walkover and just abandoned their alliance to save their own skins. It was quite pathetic really, abandoning the few alliancemates who proved to be loyal
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 15:46   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Erm mate where is ROCK?
somewhere
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 16:44   #13
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

was g-ii in round and half of 5. (darn i didnt want to remember nocex)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 18:00   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Let's silence this once and for all. People who have been part of another alliance doesnt transfer that alliance over to the next. Olympians, shall we call that Titans II in the history now? Infact, lets delve down deeper - Titans = Legion II, Oly = Legion III. So we've had Legion I, II and III. We can keep Wolfpack as WP then I suppose, even thought the majority of it originally was Legion, but we could call that Legion II and Titans Legion II.2. Not referring to current WP which is actually WPO, but they dropped the O part.

Its stupid.

Fury
Eclipse
1up

Seperate alliances, who have had their own unique commands and own playing styles. People who were in Eclipse can say it isnt Fury and ppl in 1up can currently say it isnt Fury also. It's the mass board paranoia that has spoken up to say they are the same. Logically if you are going to do this, then we'll start correcting names of other past/present alliances also.

Thank you.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 18:15   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
Actually FAnG drew last round, with Mistu in the end. After destroying their previous links, WP and Phraktos.

Well, they didn't actually get to destroy Phraktos, their members were unprepared for an actual war as opposed to a walkover and just abandoned their alliance to save their own skins. It was quite pathetic really, abandoning the few alliancemates who proved to be loyal
like I said, FAnG WON last round, ended #1. It's a cooperative victory with Mistu, nonetheless we ended #1 in the alliance ranks. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Aug 2004, 18:33   #16
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
like I said, FAnG WON last round, ended #1. It's a cooperative victory with Mistu, nonetheless we ended #1 in the alliance ranks. I don't think anyone can dispute that.
Now that 1up have won alone, no one cares about your pitiful shared victories.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:39   #17
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester

I care about the victory
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 21:15   #18
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Let's silence this once and for all. People who have been part of another alliance doesnt transfer that alliance over to the next. Olympians, shall we call that Titans II in the history now? Infact, lets delve down deeper - Titans = Legion II, Oly = Legion III. So we've had Legion I, II and III. We can keep Wolfpack as WP then I suppose, even thought the majority of it originally was Legion, but we could call that Legion II and Titans Legion II.2. Not referring to current WP which is actually WPO, but they dropped the O part.

Its stupid.

Fury
Eclipse
1up

Seperate alliances, who have had their own unique commands and own playing styles. People who were in Eclipse can say it isnt Fury and ppl in 1up can currently say it isnt Fury also. It's the mass board paranoia that has spoken up to say they are the same. Logically if you are going to do this, then we'll start correcting names of other past/present alliances also.

Thank you.
wonder why noone wants that fury label....

btw, if NoS disbanded, and Dingo reformed a NEW alliance holding 40% ex-NoSsers, what would it be called? Thats right, NoS v.2(hope that never happends tho)

thats logical(again, in my opinion)....and if i were in NoS v.2 I'd be proud of my history, cause NoS is the damn finest alliance around(now thats baised, but in my opinion true)

* We do not exist *

Unread 23 Aug 2004, 21:52   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

ND is the longest standing top alliance. Been here every round.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 23:32   #20
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

thought they formed in r2.... but ok

edit:
thats what amon told me anyway.

* We do not exist *

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 00:34   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
lol, still better then 99% of all the alliances that have existed so far. Infact, still better then any playing alliance (apart from 1up). Infact, better then any alliance you've been a part of (cause Deus and it"s 6 allies wasn't really brave either).

every round was a shared victory, but this round .... If ours means nothing then I seriously laugh at all the alliances who played before us.

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 01:27   #22
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Kjel ignore him, he is just trying to troll.

Everyone knows Fang won on the merits given in the round.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 02:57   #23
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
wonder why noone wants that fury label....

btw, if NoS disbanded, and Dingo reformed a NEW alliance holding 40% ex-NoSsers, what would it be called? Thats right, NoS v.2(hope that never happends tho)

thats logical(again, in my opinion)....and if i were in NoS v.2 I'd be proud of my history, cause NoS is the damn finest alliance around(now thats baised, but in my opinion true)
Because Fury is Fury and has its own legacy and history.

If you think Im ashamed of my Fury past, then you are totally and utterly wrong as many can attest too.

Again, I like how people come up with statistics for things. In reality all you've done is look at the command and go "oh ex fury ppl so its a new fury". Which is stupid, since you could say the same for many alliances as my example already pointed out.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 07:25   #24
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Fury would never have gone alone into a round.

Last edited by Jester; 24 Aug 2004 at 07:56.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 07:55   #25
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
lol, still better then 99% of all the alliances that have existed so far. Infact, still better then any playing alliance (apart from 1up). Infact, better then any alliance you've been a part of (cause Deus and it"s 6 allies wasn't really brave either).

every round was a shared victory, but this round .... If ours means nothing then I seriously laugh at all the alliances who played before us.
Now who's trolling

Yes, every round was a shared victory. No I didn't really mean that yours meant nothing. I realize irony in text form is a bit tough, but can you at least try?
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 08:48   #26
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

Its stupid.

Fury
Eclipse
1up

Thank you.
Since Titans were made in the same round as Legion existed and co existed for at least 1 other round your logic is flawed.

Arguably Oly could have been Titans two, but the split from legion was hardly amicable.

However 60%of the members have come from the previous alliance keeping together many freinds that have played together for many rounds. Arguably this makes Fury links stronger than that of your analogy with legion.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:45   #27
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Arguably Oly could have been Titans two, but the split from legion was hardly amicable.
It was amicable enough for Titans to ally with Legion for r6
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:50   #28
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
They chickened out,
And lost badly.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:29   #29
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Now who's trolling

Yes, every round was a shared victory. No I didn't really mean that yours meant nothing. I realize irony in text form is a bit tough, but can you at least try?
given our past and the amount of abuse we had to endure from eachother, such a comment comes over more as an attempt of trolling then as some subtle irony.

I did not try to troll, if I missunderstood your intentions then sorry about that.

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:32   #30
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Zhil, if the scenario i put foward with NoS as an example, that would be the general opinion. I dont think i'm that far off. But again, i started a pointless discussion i'll go hide again.

* We do not exist *

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:46   #31
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
that was my doing as you well know
Proud to be Independent
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:53   #32
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
They chickened out,
And lost badly.
Actually no.

I didn't think the block looked strong enough so I used my weight to resecure an alliance with Legion.

Titans were in a precarious position. Many of the players which had followed me from Legion and other alliances didn't want to lose there galaxies or there friends. I used the fact that I controlled one of the biggest joint bg's (JoV) to get both parties to agree to an agreement to ally with each other. At that point Titans wanted to NAP Legion and kill fury however legion would not agree to that and it was full alliance or no alliance.

Due to players actually reconsidering supporting Titans, it ripping my BG apart and causing a lot of friends to side against each other the decision was taken to ensure Titans survival and allowing them a round to sever ties. It never quite worked out for me so I left very early in the round.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:57   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Useless board spammers :D :D :D
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:58   #34
Rumad
th0ng gimp

(In response to jesters post, but he deleted, but left it cause its one of the few times I will show humility here ;p)

i doubt it really matters jester - you guys actually proved you were worthy allies in the end as you did better than most. It was an error in judgement on my part which I have had many.

At the end of the day I ended up leaving Titans becuase of the stunts I pulled (like the alliance turnaround) and I lost several good mates over it.

I guess we all make mistakes in judgements don't we?
Proud to be Independent