User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 10:27   #1
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Battle Calc

It has come to my attention that certain alliances I don't like all that mugh got hold of my bcalc, so I thought it was time everyone got to use it if they so wish.

I will caution that it is not 100% accurate and may still have lots of bugs. BUT from testing so far on straight combat it seems to be accrate enough for most purposes. I would like feedback on the roid protection part though as that has not been tested.

Also if anyone feels like making a php version with parsers please contact me.

to contact me use this email address - [email protected]

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kalvirtus/supercalc.xls

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 10:51   #2
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
Atleast someones trying i suppose (-:
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 10:52   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
To bad everyone got hold of it m8
But the calc rocks, and so do you.. you sure works ur ass off
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 10:57   #4
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to see a decent effort finally ..

(note. my calc is my head (: )
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 11:00   #5
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Battle Calc

Quote:
Originally posted by KalVirtus
It has come to my attention that certain alliances I don't like all that mugh got hold of my bcalc, so I thought it was time everyone got to use it if they so wish.

first off, great work, played through a few battle reports and its quite close....

but..

which alliances got it that u don't like

waassaa

[]LCH[] HC

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 11:09   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
fair play to u for sharing it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 12:22   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Re: Battle Calc

Quote:
Originally posted by waassaa
first off, great work, played through a few battle reports and its quite close....

but..

which alliances got it that u don't like

waassaa

[]LCH[] HC
don't like was a bit harsh on my part, i don't dislike any planetarion alliance, but i do like some more than others... and i guess a certina amount of bitterness might still exist over a certain war on round 9

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 12:29   #8
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
ph33r teh Kal \0_

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 15:06   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe this will incourage PA team to incorporate the actual numbers in a public bcalc.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:48   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I tested it with some of my breports and it is roughly accurate (give or take 5% losses).
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 17:09   #11
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Time to publish everything, Spinner.

You've been punk'd!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 17:12   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

wheres the fun in that though someone should be writing some funky tools to crack the exact stats.

shoudl work along the lines of:

standard bcalc with scan parers etc

BUT with:

combat report parser - u say which side u were, and what your ptiorities were

system them gradually improves the stats overtime as more reports are pasted, leading to an increasingly more accurate calc.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 18:08   #13
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Accurate indeed, only a few k losses wrong.

Nice going Kal
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 19:22   #14
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be interested to see the actual stats behind the calc

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 20:14   #15
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
I'd be interested to see the actual stats behind the calc

You click on the cells. In the top it shows you.
It's just some basic "IF" commands.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 21:48   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

yep, its all quit simple really

u just have damage stats armour stats, then a weighting that u work out by looking at a couple of early combat reports to see how they relate. then its all simple really.

I do admit that i kinda fudged ship proorities due to silly excel only being able to handle a certina number of nested if statements, + there are some assumptions involved as well on what certina things in the manual and the game actually mean. But on the whole its straight forward, I mean I wouldn;t call myself a techie or stats expert or anything, I just wanted a simple innacurate bcalc... but then other people seemed to want proper features so it kinda evolved.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 21:48   #17
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
You click on the cells. In the top it shows you.
It's just some basic "IF" commands.
I may be an Excel noob (and am, freely admitted), but where in....

=IF(B$4+B$5+B$12+B$13+B$20+B$21+B$22+B$28+B$29+B$35=0,0,(B4/$O4)*(($A$43-$A$46))/(B$4+B$5+B$12+B$13+B$20+B$21+B$22+B$28+B$29+B$35))

This, does it show me stats? :|

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 21:51   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

lol, next to the ship classes each ship targets are some numbers...
armour,damage,cost thosoe are the stats

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 22:14   #19
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
I may be an Excel noob (and am, freely admitted), but where in....

=IF(B$4+B$5+B$12+B$13+B$20+B$21+B$22+B$28+B$29+B$35=0,0,(B4/$O4)*(($A$43-$A$46))/(B$4+B$5+B$12+B$13+B$20+B$21+B$22+B$28+B$29+B$35))

This, does it show me stats? :|

It means:
If B$4+B$5+B$12+B$13+B$20+B$21+B$22+B$28+B$29+B$35=0
then the answer in the cell is 0.
If not, it is (B4/$O4)*(($A$43-$A$46))/(B$4+B$5+B$12+B$13+B$20+B$21+B$22+B$28+B$29+B$35))

I can't be bothered the check the exact cells.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 04:51   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

thats the forumla for dividing up the damage between ships for any who cares

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 11:03   #21
Borg
Proud NoSser

Borg is on a distinguished road
sweet work m8, and as to understanding how it works , well I am wayyyy tooo thick for that.
It works, thats what counts, and the +-5% inaccuracy just leaves a little spice in the calc, I have played games with relish where the calc had a 15-20% inacurracy built in but still had lots of fun winning or losing

Again, well done m8

Proud to be NoS

My views are my personal views and are not a statement from NoS
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 11:40   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

I just discovered a bug in how damage is assigned to individual ships. If you set up up so one side has say 2-3 different fi, and it is meant to loose all fi... it won't in fact some fi will loose more that there originally were. I'm not entirly sure how to fix this, so if anyone has any ideas please get in touch.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 11:54   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

I *think* I have worked out how to fix it, and I *think* it will lead to more accurate calcs in general. I will put an updated version up later today or tomorrow. I will also add in total number of resources lost by attackers and defenders

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 12:30   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

new version uploaded with the same url

this should be more reliable on calcs with nearly all ships dying

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 15:10   #25
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
450 Elaphe apprantly don't kill a single zik FR....
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 15:33   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

maybe i added some bug, sorry, i'll go back and check it all

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 15:34   #27
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally posted by DJet
450 Elaphe apprantly don't kill a single zik FR....

Elaphe < *

:|
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 15:45   #28
Kal
Inactive peon

fixed, I had done something stupid :/

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 15:47   #29
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
doing great work kal

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 16:16   #30
Darkness
NoS forever

Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point
real nice work Kal

[NoS] forever
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 19:52   #31
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
i cant get it to work

none of my programs can deal with a xls file :\
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:41   #32
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
i cant get it to work

lmao.. Dont come tell me that you dont have Excel on your windows CD?
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:40   #33
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nadar
lmao.. Dont come tell me that you dont have Excel on your windows CD?
I dont got excel on my windows cd??
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:43   #34
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressing

thanks a lot
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:56   #35
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont have a excel on my cd tyvm

some1 plz host it online :P

parser etc.
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 01:22   #36
Kal
Inactive peon

i'm going to clean up the formulas in excel tomorrow ot make them easier for others to follow.

If anyone wishes to help make a php based system with parsers please get in touch, the more the merrier.

email me at [email protected]

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 21:24   #37
Kal
Inactive peon

I have just been told it loads perfectly with open office and btw its up to version 1.43 now

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 23:23   #38
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Great work Kal Now if my targets would stop getting def I may finally be able to see how accurate it is
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 23:37   #39
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
i cant get it to work

I think M$ has an Excel viewer for free.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 11:37   #40
Kal
Inactive peon

A combat issue was highlighted in a conversation yesterday. It seems spinner made things a lto more complicated that we previously thought. Hence I would appreciate people sending me any combat reprots they have which were set to mixed/mixed and no war (also telling me which side they were on) and then i can attempt to adjust for spinners deviousness. Until that is done I would recoomend only trusting the calc as a very rough guide.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:31   #41
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Check Strategy Forum for battle reports Kal
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 19:21   #42
Kal
Inactive peon

Now upto version 2 thanks to the Lockhead, Focht and NB3. With some mysteries still in the pax combat formula I have adjusted the calc to show more losses so that we have a worst case scenario. I have also adjusted the priorities system after a conversation with NB3. The major thing left now is that the roid protection scheme may be entirly wrong, or may need some weighting. So if people failt to cap roids when the percentage is below 100% please let me know and mail me the combat report.

[email protected]

This should load fine in excel or open office.

A fully web based version is the works by various people, and hopefully will be ready soon.

Again thanks to Lockhead, Focht, NB3 and all others who have helped improve this.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 15:16   #43
Kal
Inactive peon

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kalvirtus/PaXCalc.xls

Lots of new features and bug fixes bring us up to version 3.0 I apologise to people who calced with Version 2.x there was a major Crusier bug which meant some people lost Cruiser fleets. this has now been fixed and lots of requested features have been implemented.

I can tell you that hopefully soon a proper web based calc will be available but it won't be as feature complete as the excel version initally... This does of course require that a certain alliance does release it, but I am confident that they will.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 00:12   #44
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
Announcement about Web-based Bcalc:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...hreadid=170372

Greets, Lockhead

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote