User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Oct 2017, 10:25   #1
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Cluster Alliances

Christmas Round

- cluster alliances with predetermined HC teams.
- teams of 5 can submit themselves to be Cluster leaders
- community votes on their top 5 leadership teams
- they are given a cluster to lead each
Unread 8 Oct 2017, 11:18   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cluster Alliances

Why?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2017, 12:03   #3
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Why?
Why not?

I think its a great idea, atleast it wouldnt be a repeat of that community round where one apprime troll spent two weeks of his life to wreck havoc as a "cluster leader".

Community rounds can be much more entertaining and giving than normal rounds for a lot of people as they have to work with people they dont know, and usualy have to step up and do stuff likr setting up attacks and what not, wich theyve never done before in their normal alliances.

A lot of the "pre PaX/PaN" magic was that the game was way more individualy/gal based than it is today.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2017, 12:25   #4
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Why not?

I think its a great idea, atleast it wouldnt be a repeat of that community round where one apprime troll spent two weeks of his life to wreck havoc as a "cluster leader".

Community rounds can be much more entertaining and giving than normal rounds for a lot of people as they have to work with people they dont know, and usualy have to step up and do stuff likr setting up attacks and what not, wich theyve never done before in their normal alliances.

A lot of the "pre PaX/PaN" magic was that the game was way more individualy/gal based than it is today.
Yeah, pretty much this...
Unread 8 Oct 2017, 13:00   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

The only change that could be made which could (might) persuade me to play a Christmas round would be to restore tick length to one hour. As it is now it is (just) a glorified form of havoc - and little, if any, more important.

If we want to try to restore some of the "glories of the past" then perhaps let's try a "genuine round" with random galaxies (for example).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2017, 13:21   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Why not?
I'm not the one suggesting changes. The burden of proof is not on me.

Quote:
Join another alliance and volunteer as BC. Why force everyone else to do the same?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 8 Oct 2017, 13:49   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:

Join another alliance and volunteer as BC. Why force everyone else to do the same?
Since when is giving people the ability to run things the same as FORCING them to?

Community round means playing with the community, not your small circle of friends/allies.
The way the game is mostly played now days is dictated by strict alliance rules. Ie, last round VGN/ND/KittenZ/LionZ/etc members was forbidden to defend gal m8s vs incs from each others. Most players are threated as sheeps or bricks in some small group of people quest for gal or planet winz

Last years xmas round was a relevation for me, seeing how incapable and toxic the general playerbase had become.
Any changes that would make these community rounds better would be most welcome.

Unread 8 Oct 2017, 15:12   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't mind the thought of team captains for the xmas round
Unread 8 Oct 2017, 16:56   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Since when is giving people the ability to run things the same as FORCING them to?
You're missing my point: they already have the ability!
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 00:56   #10
M3dicMan

M3dicMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
The only change that could be made which could (might) persuade me to play a Christmas round would be to restore tick length to one hour. As it is now it is (just) a glorified form of havoc - and little, if any, more important.

If we want to try to restore some of the "glories of the past" then perhaps let's try a "genuine round" with random galaxies (for example).
I agree with this request. I think a community based round could be a nice change of base as it is during a time where most wont be as "active" as normal.

Round ???- PhX Alliance
Round 72-80 VGN
Round 81 CaRnage
Round 82-86 CT
Round 87-90 Wave Zero
Round 91-99 VGN
M3dicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 06:25   #11
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

As the previous winner of this round last year I better throw my two pennies in😬

Ticks have to be 15 mins to make the game fun + festive

C allies sounds ok. But you will always have issues with leaks/bad hcs etc

Last round was fine - galaxies and ppl set up their own groups

8 man priv gals and 12 man random gals

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 08:25   #12
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Regardless. Turn on cluster eta and allow the community to decide if it wants to re-create the cluster alliances of old. I used to find them quite useful and entertaining. Since the end of cluster eta we have seen a lot less community spirit.

It's clearly wanted. I can point you to the telegram planetarion channel which seems to be consistently busy with discussions such as these.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 09:03   #13
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
As the previous winner of this round last year I better throw my two pennies in😬

Ticks have to be 15 mins to make the game fun + festive

C allies sounds ok. But you will always have issues with leaks/bad hcs etc

Last round was fine - galaxies and ppl set up their own groups

8 man priv gals and 12 man random gals
One of the issues last community round was that you guys ruined it with leaks/bad HCing cus you went into it playing it as a normal round in FL

Unread 9 Oct 2017, 10:01   #14
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Regardless. Turn on cluster eta and allow the community to decide if it wants to re-create the cluster alliances of old. I used to find them quite useful and entertaining. Since the end of cluster eta we have seen a lot less community spirit.

It's clearly wanted. I can point you to the telegram planetarion channel which seems to be consistently busy with discussions such as these.
Shameless plug there munks.

I agree with the above, maybe not force an agenda, just keen to ensure some good leadership for each cluster but I guess with any cluster alliance the cream will rise etc.
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 10:26   #15
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
You're missing my point: they already have the ability!
Your clearly missing the point aswell.
Have you even played a speedround/community round?

Unread 9 Oct 2017, 10:49   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Your clearly missing the point aswell.
I see. But you feel no need to explain.

Quote:
Have you even played a speedround/community round?
Not that it's relevant, but yes, I have played tons of speedrounds. What the hell is a 'community round'?
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 11:12   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I see. But you feel no need to explain.
I think i allready explained it, or atleast tried to get my point across.
You are saying that the average joe could just join a alliance and ask to be put in charge of politics/targets/etc?
Then im sorry to inform you that your an idiot. Stop posting please.

Quote:
Not that it's relevant, but yes, I have played tons of speedrounds. What the hell is a 'community round'?
If youve done that, tons of times, you would know they are totaly diffrent from the normal ones, one reason being that the normal "corrupt pa players/leaders" are no longer in charge.

What i used to like about it was that you had a small group(your gal) wich you played for, and you sometimes had to work with people you disliked on a "micro level", and "backstab" or fight your normal friends/allies.

Im not sure when "xmas round" came into being, but i think having a round themed about grinches, santas, and what not is incredibly silly.
But, for me, "community round" != "normal round"
"World Cup round", "xmas round", "summer mini round" etc etc

Unread 9 Oct 2017, 11:21   #18
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
You are saying that the average joe could just join a alliance and ask to be put in charge of politics/targets/etc?
Politics ofc not but if you joined another alliance and showed an interest in bcing and dcing or Intel they would let you take part for sure. That is my experience with a plethora of alliances. Some big, some small. Politics is more a case of being an alliance long enough that a HC deems you have the allies best interests at heart, and aren't a retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitcher
If youve done that, tons of times, you would know they are totaly diffrent from the normal ones, one reason being that the normal "corrupt pa players/leaders" are no longer in charge.

What i used to like about it was that you had a small group(your gal) wich you played for, and you sometimes had to work with people you disliked on a "micro level", and "backstab" or fight your normal friends/allies.

Im not sure when "xmas round" came into being, but i think having a round themed about grinches, santas, and what not is incredibly silly.
But, for me, "community round" != "normal round"
"World Cup round", "xmas round", "summer mini round" etc etc
What mz is trying to say I think is that your definition of community round (WTF is that!) Is forcing people to play in a certain way when intact all that is needed in these rounds is the ability to play in multiple ways. Gal/Cluster and alliance. Why restrict it?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 11:57   #19
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Politics ofc not but if you joined another alliance and showed an interest in bcing and dcing or Intel they would let you take part for sure. That is my experience with a plethora of alliances. Some big, some small. Politics is more a case of being an alliance long enough that a HC deems you have the allies best interests at heart, and aren't a retard.
Deciding what targets to hit/set up is basicly what politics is.
Deciding "strats" or "rules/guidelines/def priotity" also falls into the "running a team" cathegory wich you just cant expect to get when you ask for it.

The last 4-5 years ive not seen you in any joint "HC/BC channel", the only time your name has been mentioned is when people laugh at you applying/being devouched/being kicked, so i kinda think your "experience" isnt something we should put much into.

Quote:
What mz is trying to say I think is that your definition of community round (WTF is that!) Is forcing people to play in a certain way when intact all that is needed in these rounds is the ability to play in multiple ways. Gal/Cluster and alliance. Why restrict it?
Id have to ask you the same question that i asked mz, have u ever played a community/"whatever-wasnt-a-real-round"?

Most is set up diffrently:
"Gal only def"
"Cluster/gal only def"
"Cluster eta advantage"
"All random gals"
"Private gals"

These rounds can be played in multiple ways, but often the goal of the "round setup" is to encourage people to play in a diffrent manner.

If you dont like the setup, nobody is FORCING you to play.
If the setup favours you to work with random people in your cluster, nobody is FORCING you to do the favourable thing.

Unread 9 Oct 2017, 12:43   #20
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Deciding what targets to hit/set up is basicly what politics is.
Deciding "strats" or "rules/guidelines/def priotity" also falls into the "running a team" cathegory wich you just cant expect to get when you ask for it.

The last 4-5 years ive not seen you in any joint "HC/BC channel", the only time your name has been mentioned is when people laugh at you applying/being devouched/being kicked, so i kinda think your "experience" isnt something we should put much into.

Id have to ask you the same question that i asked mz, have u ever played a community/"whatever-wasnt-a-real-round"?

Most is set up diffrently:
"Gal only def"
"Cluster/gal only def"
"Cluster eta advantage"
"All random gals"
"Private gals"

These rounds can be played in multiple ways, but often the goal of the "round setup" is to encourage people to play in a diffrent manner.

If you dont like the setup, nobody is FORCING you to play.
If the setup favours you to work with random people in your cluster, nobody is FORCING you to do the favourable thing.
But you are FORCING me not to play in alliance??

I have been on more bc and dc teams than you have been ridiculed on here. If you ask you will get (to an extent), if you presume you will get sod all.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 13:04   #21
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
But you are FORCING me not to play in alliance??
Im not FORCING you to not play in a alliance, the PA team how ever havnt decided to go with the normal "Ingame alliances" the last few years in the xmas rounds.
Since you CLEARLY coudlnt have played or paid attention while playing these "xmas rounds", id help you a little so you can read yourself up on how the "setup" has been the last 5 years.

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUEING POSTING:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199899
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200226
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200673
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201076
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201254

Quote:
I have been on more bc and dc teams than you have been ridiculed on here. If you ask you will get (to an extent), if you presume you will get sod all
Please name a few the last 20 rounds then? Alliances wich is ran by Nelito obviously dosnt count.
Im pretty sure you even applied for my tag the other round, after you had been declined everywhere else, even KittenZ(!) turned down your application.
VGN let you in, and kicked you because you misbehaved within a week or so.

If no one even want you as a member, why would someone be likely to want you as an "officer" instead?

Not trying to throw sh*t at you, but lets be realistic that your statement on what youve "experinced" has nothing what-so-ever to do with the reality of what you realy have been experincing the last few years in this game.

Unread 9 Oct 2017, 17:37   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
How do you think people who do politics and targetting got there? Were they born in charge?

I'm not suggesting agar3s would put Joe McNewbie in charge of all of Ultores/Astatores politics on his very first round. That's so obvious I shouldn't have to spell it out.

But once he's comfortable with the game, Joe might be given the targets and taught how to set up the attack, just the pure mechanics of Merlin and scans. Then after a while, Joe might have a conversation with the person who decides where the attack goes and get some insight into target selection. Maybe the next time, he suggests a couple of gals himself, and given reasons why they're good or bad. Maybe the next round on a random galraid night near the start of the round, he gets to pick the actual target on his own. People work their way into these roles, and it takes a lot of time.

What I dislike about this suggestion is that it forces everyone to play with a bunch of randoms, if they want to play at all. If that's what you're into, that's fine, but you can already do that: just sign up a random planet and switch alliance. Why make everyone else do the same? Many people only play this game because their friends play. PA is a social game, and alliances are where people build their long-term communities. We already have a (semi-)random unit of cooperation: galaxies. We don't need another.

Quote:

Yeah, I know exactly what they're like: as long as they can be bothered, the people who decide "things" in normal rounds also decide things in random rounds. These people aren't in charge because they lead alliances, they lead alliances because they're in charge. Alliances are not the cause, they are the effect. Remember, they once formed naturally, without any "ingame support".

(I put some "random words in" quotes too, I hope I'm doing it right!)
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 19:00   #23
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
How do you think people who do politics and targetting got there? Were they born in charge?
Some of them prolly was, without knowing everyones history, alot of the HCs out there has been GC/HC almost since the very beginning of PA or since they started playing.

Quote:
I'm not suggesting agar3s would put Joe McNewbie in charge of all of Ultores/Astatores politics on his very first round. That's so obvious I shouldn't have to spell it out.

But once he's comfortable with the game, Joe might be given the targets and taught how to set up the attack, just the pure mechanics. Then after a while, blablabla
This might be the long-term road poor mister McNewbie has to go if he wants to fullfill his wishes to be a PA king, after months or even years of work he can enjoy all aspects of the game.
Wich wasnt what i was saying anyways.

Community rounds can be much more entertaining and giving than normal rounds for a lot of people as they have to work with people they dont know, and usualy have to step up and do stuff like setting up attacks and what not, wich theyve never done before in their normal alliances.

It can be completely diffrent from normal rounds as most alliances arnt putting effort into winning a "community round", and the "power" belongs to other people than the normal criminals.
A lot of the "pre PaX/PaN" magic was that the game was way more individualy/gal based than it is today. Orginisational skills, stats knowledge, tech knowledge, and sosicial skills was deciding, not who you have been playing with the last few years or what your pa history looks like.
And some people actualy enjoy PA "rounds" thats diffrent from the normal ones when it comes to what the social/alliance/hiearcy structures is based upon.

Quote:
What I dislike about this suggestion is that it forces everyone to play with a bunch of randoms, if they want to play at all. If that's what you're into, that's fine, but you can already do that: just sign up a random planet and switch alliance. Why make everyone else do the same? Many people only play this game because their friends play. PA is a social game, and alliances are where people build their long-term communities. We already have a (semi-)random unit of cooperation: galaxies. We don't need another.
Nobody said anything about only playing with random people.
If you did read the post directed at Kaiba, it would link you to previous set ups(bps/gals).
Any changes suggested wich will remove the possibility for individuals to troll ppl using the ingame features like last xmas will be brilliant suggestions.

Quote:
Yeah, I know exactly what they're like: as long as they can be bothered, the people who decide "things" in normal rounds also decide things in random rounds. These people aren't in charge because they lead alliances, they lead alliances because they're in charge. Alliances are not the cause, they are the effect. Remember, they once formed naturally, without any "ingame support".
Most formed naturally within the clusters.
Or based on who landed in gals together.

Unread 9 Oct 2017, 21:50   #24
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This might be the long-term road poor mister McNewbie has to go if he wants to fullfill his wishes to be a PA king, after months or even years of work he can enjoy all aspects of the game.
Wich wasnt what i was saying anyways.
As a former avg Joe turned HC, I can tell you it surely doesn't have to be months of work. Especially not nowadays, all it takes is activity at key times (ie. when incs show), and little bit of calc skills. And perhaps a strategic choice of alliance. As in, you are a lot less likely to become HC in Ultores as you are in VGN.
I personally became HC in TGV in my first round there, having had no publicly known prior HC positions. I can't even remember how i got into TGV that round, but it sure as hell wasn't because i knew Kargool or NiTZ before that round, and it's not like TGV was riddled with former VGN that round either. What I did was actively DC, and even more actively chat to other members whenever. It's shit like this that gets you noticed. You can't expect to become influential in your working life sitting at your desk saying nothing at all to anyone. How would you expect this to work in PA?

Quote:
Community rounds can be much more entertaining and giving than normal rounds for a lot of people as they have to work with people they dont know, and usualy have to step up and do stuff like setting up attacks and what not, wich theyve never done before in their normal alliances.
Full random rounds, either festive or not will not lead to 'other' people becoming more influential. It will be the same people that always lead, leading the same groups they always lead. They just need to cooperate with (err, i mean abuse) some other poor schmucks for a change. They will attack with the same people they always do (because they know they can rely on eachother), and they will not attack those people. Like Mz rightly points out, it's how alliances were formed in the first way anyhow.

Quote:
It can be completely diffrent from normal rounds as most alliances arnt putting effort into winning a "community round", and the "power" belongs to other people than the normal criminals.
Wrong, and funnily enough you even confirm this yourself in your post toward CBA and your derogatory comments toward how FL went into last 'community' round. People will play with their friends, regardless where they are throughout the universe, regardless of which other affiliations your setup forces on them.

The first alliances that were formed were attack cooperations. even within the first cluster alliances the weaker galaxies were preyed upon, especially to gain the early advantage by the higher ranked players/galaxies. So unless you opt for a setup where you don't have to attack, such attack cooperations will always emerge, and they are a hell of a lot more likely to form between those who are already playing together in normal rounds. Again, this is just a basic risk/reward economic decision.

Quote:
A lot of the "pre PaX/PaN" magic was that the game was way more individualy/gal based than it is today. Orginisational skills, stats knowledge, tech knowledge, and sosicial skills was deciding, not who you have been playing with the last few years or what your pa history looks like.
And some people actualy enjoy PA "rounds" thats diffrent from the normal ones when it comes to what the social/alliance/hiearcy structures is based upon.
Ever since round 5, and probably r2, this game has mostly been about alliances(or blocks of alliances), even if there weren't even rankings for it. Claiming otherwise is nothing but cheap nostalgia. Granted if you didn't want to be in an alliance, there was still a way to feel somewhat successful, as there were fifty-thousand other farms out there. But feeling successful isn't the same as being successful. And frankly, if you wanna feel successful now i bet there are still some farms/scanners you can take 20 roids off of.

Quote:
If you did read the post directed at Kaiba, it would link you to previous set ups(bps/gals).
Any changes suggested wich will remove the possibility for individuals to troll ppl using the ingame features like last xmas will be brilliant suggestions.
The only way to achieve the latter would be to completely remove the fleetpage. Cooperations will always emerge, as again, it's what basic economics dictate.

[
Quote:
Most formed naturally within the clusters.
Or based on who landed in gals together.
Defensive cooperations started within the cluster yes, as cluster eta gave you an advantage. Pretty soon #2 and #3 started working together offensively to take down #1. #1 then befriended #4, #5 and #6 to counter #2 and #3, and none of them were in the same cluster. Guess what, the first cross-cluster alliance was born. Then the round finished, and we went on to round 2. Guess who #1 would rather work with in round 2, #2 or #4?

Also bear in mind that a single cluster in round 3 was 25% of all the planets in a normal round nowadays. The gamedynamics from that day and age just don't compare. Hell, even the dynamics from the early pax rounds are incomparable, just due to the size of the universe.

P.S. Don't get me wrong tho. I am completely indifferent on whatever setup is chosen for the winter round. Even if I would have still been playing I could not have cared at all. But if we are making a case for a setup, than we should at least try to make valid arguments. And beside the nostalgia I already mentioned, I don't see any merit in yours.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 9 Oct 2017 at 22:40. Reason: added P.S.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 07:49   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
...all but one of which appear to be about playing with the random people in your cluster. Like you said:
Quote:
Community rounds can be much more entertaining and giving than normal rounds for a lot of people as they have to work with people they dont know
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 08:00   #26
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post

This is a thing I'd very much like to see. Not only for the Christmas round but in general too.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 08:54   #27
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05 View Post
Christmas Round
- community votes on their top 5 leadership teams
- they are given a cluster to lead each
I'd prefer to start with a big gal with everybody... ingal attacks on. After 1 week the top 5 players are each given a cluster to lead.
Then Cluster #5 receives player #6
Cluster #4 receives player #7
Cluster #3 receives player #8
Cluster #2 receives player #9
Cluster #1 receives player #10
and so on...
Unread 10 Oct 2017, 13:55   #28
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
...all but one of which appear to be about playing with the random people in your cluster. Like you said:
Yeah, if we are turning off alliances and having a random shuffle, you will end up with x other random gals. Wich you could either work or fight with.

I did not spesify wether gals should be 100% random or not, but if you actualy played the game mz, or had been playing it the last few years, im pretty sure you could assume the chances of a random round is like 0%, if u was to base it on whats been common the last 5 years.

Unread 10 Oct 2017, 15:08   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I said "random people in your cluster" and not "random people in your galaxy".