User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you think that having a "proper" planetarion radio would bring PA back to life?
Yes 11 26.19%
No 19 45.24%
I wont listen to PA radio 12 28.57%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:42   #1
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Proper Planetarion Radio?

Lately, i tried to dj for the PA-radio for the last woofage. Instead, because of problems with the server, we had to end up using Vision's, who kindly lent us their server.

My point is, if planetarion got a proper radio, sort of the FM/AM kind radios (though we would be emiting through internet), would that help planetarion get bigger, and at the same time get in some extra funds to make the game go free? (long-term)

I'd be willing to help get it running, and do anything in it thats necesary, if only we get enough support and it runs properly.

I mean, how many of you dont listen to music whilst chatting on IRC or whilst getting defence for your planet/galaxy/alliance?
if we get a good radio going, with good music, and channels for everyone that wants to connect (from dial-ups to broadband or higher), it could help the comunity grow in a way that it could even be what it once was.
I'm not saying it will defenately work, but its worth giving it a shot.

Once the poll is added, please vote if you think the idea is good.

PS: i know i repeated myself, and maybe made it a bit confusing, but you get the point

Fernando

Community for community - join #PA

Last edited by Fernando; 8 Dec 2003 at 19:27.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:44   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
poll

Poll added because i'm in a good mood.

Please state your reasons for or against this.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:49   #3
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about
Re: Proper Planetarion Radio?

VisioN radio is so awesome DJ-ing = kewl, i'm up for it to make 1 good radio in the whole planetarion, and each alliance having their stream time or something
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:51   #4
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Will Someone Explain What The **** Sucking **** Woofage Is To Me?
Fun game where most of planetarion gathers up for a competition. Read the other thread about woofage for more info

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:52   #5
sinister

sinister is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the idea as long as the music was varied enough for everyone and fernando dosent sing again
sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 18:53   #6
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rember
i'm up for it to make 1 good radio in the whole planetarion, and each alliance having their stream time or something
Great idea

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:06   #7
Althalus
Persistently Bored

Althalus is on a distinguished road

i have no objections to Rembers idea, i myself am a host on PA-radio and the most listeners i've had is 5!!!!

If all alliances that have a (decent) radio joined forces and joined PA-radio we would end up with a pretty good radio.

I myself was saying to fernando a few min ago about every alliance having their own stream if they like it and maybe decent hosts having their own stream in their own right. (that was before i saw rembers post)
No fluffy warm creatures were maimed dismembered tortured deplumed discarded deflowered dropped twisted wrung Outextended respliced broken humiliated irradiated browbeaten pickled deluded duped detained mishandled desiccated bronzed belittled coddled expelled deported imbibed elected marginalized placated misrepresented overworked underpaid underappreciated overly petted genetically altered or cloned during the making of this post except of course for Bunny and Bear
Nuff Said
Althalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:29   #8
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about

Altho i like listening to you guys on the radio occasionally i dont think it will help bring PA back to life. I notice many old players coming back to play PA clones like ******** etc, and this is probably because they miss the old design, thats whats needed again to get PA back where it used to be, and with the added ideas from this round, however, i dont wanna start a thread about this again!

PS. Keep Ferny away from the mic while the music is playing pls! :lol:
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:31   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't see the link between starting what, based on Sunday's performance, will be an ameturish radio station with questionable music selection and a dj who doesn't know when to stop talking (hi), and getting more people interested in PA.

It didn't work the first time round because, stunningly, internet radio is an incredibly bad idea. The only thing going for internet radio as a whole (and I'm not talking about normal stations broadcasting streams onto the net á la Radio 1) is the ability to find a more closely matching station to your musical tastes. At the minute you're looking at a relatively tiny number of people who would be listening at any one time, much less on a regular basis, and having to somehow cope with their likely very varied taste in music. People like Digitally Imported pull internet radio off because they offer music for a niche market, something PA wouldn't be able to accomplish.

I'm not against the idea of PA radio coming back, to be honest I couldn't care less since I wouldn't be tuning in, but I think that if it's started up again with the aim of breathing life into PA there's going to be some very disappointed dj's about two weeks down the line.

That'll be a 'no' then.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:41   #10
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry that we couldnt handle 75 listeners too good, but if next time will give us a few more mins warning, we could have set up several relays to fix that problem..

I think a proper pa radio instead of each ally having its own is a good idea, but i dont think it will help pa out much..

Is it worth the trouble of organizing it? this round is over in 1 week or so, and there will be even less players for the next rounds?`

Rember > Fern
No offence fern, but rember is much better to sing along... And he has a very sexy voice
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:43   #11
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I don't see the link between starting what, based on Sunday's performance, will be an ameturish radio station with questionable music selection and a dj who doesn't know when to stop talking (hi),
Ehem
thats left me a bit :snowman: , but anyways, usually i dont talk that much

ALSO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramar

PS. Keep Ferny away from the mic while the music is playing pls! :lol:
gotta agree with you there. I'm dangerous with a mic nearby :P

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:45   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You were interrupting songs every 20 seconds to say something, then either forgot what you were going to say or hadn't actually thought about it/knew in the first place. Constructive criticism like, sorry if it sounds harsh, but if you listen to 'actual' radio you'll notice that songs are almost never interrupted mid-flow, only at the very beginning or end where the song is used as a background for the dj's 'what's coming up'/'that was...'/'big shoutout to' etc.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:49   #13
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh
Is it worth the trouble of organizing it? this round is over in 1 week or so, and there will be even less players for the next rounds?`
In a way, this and other suggestions that are being sent to jolt, are to help improve the gaming and make the community bigger again.

Just my view of it :P, (and a little hand to whatever can be done to help)

Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:49   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
play more linken park
I'll kill you.
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 19:50   #15
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
play more linken park

Agreed!

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 00:25   #16
Althalus
Persistently Bored

Althalus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I'm not against the idea of PA radio coming back, to be honest I couldn't care less since I wouldn't be tuning in, but I think that if it's started up again with the aim of breathing life into PA there's going to be some very disappointed dj's about two weeks down the line.

That'll be a 'no' then.
It never left, the listeners did.

oh and

Quote:
play more linken park
It's Linkin Park, and it has been played on pa-radio. :P
No fluffy warm creatures were maimed dismembered tortured deplumed discarded deflowered dropped twisted wrung Outextended respliced broken humiliated irradiated browbeaten pickled deluded duped detained mishandled desiccated bronzed belittled coddled expelled deported imbibed elected marginalized placated misrepresented overworked underpaid underappreciated overly petted genetically altered or cloned during the making of this post except of course for Bunny and Bear
Nuff Said
Althalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 00:29   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althalus
It never left, the listeners did.
Makes no odds in the end.