User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 May 2003, 16:57   #1
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
25 per gal

Am I the only person who thinks this is a bad idea, and that 15 would have been a better number? Spinner seems to be relying on the game expanding rapidly with 25 people, which I think may be a little optimistic.

I would personally have preferred to see a few more per gal, and more galaxies. My reasoning for this is that alliances have around 100-200 members. With around 400-500 galaxies, they can conceivably have a member in up to half of the galaxies. This would lead to them having fewer targets if they nap'd their galaxy mates, and also I prefer the idea of having alliances with as small a proportion of galaxies as possible, it gives them less influence on the round, and would in that wasy make it more fun I think. That's just me though.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 17:07   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
going off tag ranking, the bigger alliances had around 100 members.
ToT/Eclipse/Vision(!) anyway were around the 100 mark, WP/Oly/Ely/Virus may have more (dunno, they didn't mass-tag), but for most people, there will be more than enough targets.
Unread 28 May 2003, 17:47   #3
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
eclipse had 168 members at the end of last round

btw..i agree with bashar, 15/20 would have been better..stretch the universe out a bit..
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:08   #4
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Lets see how many join in and how many gals we end up with, and we can possibly redecide later if need be, with a shuffle ofc.
Cant do it now and abruptly anyway.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:09   #5
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Thankyou Spinner, can't ask for any better than that.
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:10   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
woaahhhh
If it needs to be done, it needs to be done ASAP.

I would hate to think all the effort i've put in today for my gal/para has gone to waste.

and 168 members for eclipse? that really does surprise me.
i must be too naive...
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:38   #7
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
with a shuffle ofc.
Shuffle? My arse! My gal know who and where I am, that doesn't mean I want to be shuffled out of there so the whole universe can know!

(not that many care but hey, it's the principle)
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:40   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

That's precisely why i've used a fakenick so far this round. I couldn't care less if my gal/para knew, just rather the whole universe didn't...someone out there might (heaven forbid!) not like me
Unread 28 May 2003, 19:44   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

I would prefer another shuffle and having to change name etc. again, and having to redo galaxy, cluster and alliance politics to having the situation I decribed at the start of this post. I think it would make the round a lot more fun, and to me, that is worth it.
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:02   #10
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Thats alot of players for one girl ...... oops misread the topic
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:09   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by TheShadowMan
Thats alot of players for one girl ...... oops misread the topic
lol, probably about the right ratio for PA actually
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:12   #12
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
woaahhhh
If it needs to be done, it needs to be done ASAP.

I would hate to think all the effort i've put in today for my gal/para has gone to waste.

and 168 members for eclipse? that really does surprise me.
i must be too naive...
It's coz they spread themselves out into the galaxies and grabbed the minister positions (or at least this is my best guess).

I agree with this being done ASAP.

I understand the need to listen to the community but for once can we stick with the original plan that was thought out...?
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:44   #13
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't want another planet shuffle

Bad idea
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 11:46   #14
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
i like the 25 peeps gals
makes me remember the good old days

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:32   #15
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
Seems most of the gals are almost full with a few days left still

However, it may all be multi's. But lets give it a go anyway!

NO SHUFFLE (if gals have < 20 players i would 'forgive' Spinner if he did tho)
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 15:55   #16
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
15 ppl in a gal would be the best imo
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:58   #17
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
25 is fine for me, reminds me of the old days.

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 21:05   #18
Akula

Akula is an unknown quantity at this point
Our galaxy currently has 7 and does not appear to be filling at any great rate. The rest of our cluster is only slightly larger.

Now, if I remember anything from the previous rounds, this is a recepie for becomming a good target. I certainly hope that we will either enjoy a more rapid influx of new players or we will be reshuffled into a larger galaxy.

"My people and I have reached an agreement that satisfies us both. They are to say what they want, and I am to do what I want." -- Frederick the Great
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 21:11   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I've got 10 or so.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 21:11   #20
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Akula
Our galaxy currently has 7 and does not appear to be filling at any great rate. The rest of our cluster is only slightly larger.

Now, if I remember anything from the previous rounds, this is a recepie for becomming a good target. I certainly hope that we will either enjoy a more rapid influx of new players or we will be reshuffled into a larger galaxy.
Akula as in disturbedBlue akula? long time no see then, heh.
Unread 30 May 2003, 21:28   #21
Akula

Akula is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorinn
Akula as in disturbedBlue akula?
Indeed.

Quote:
long time no see then, heh.
Likewise.

"My people and I have reached an agreement that satisfies us both. They are to say what they want, and I am to do what I want." -- Frederick the Great
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 21:36   #22
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Akula
Indeed.

Likewise.
Feel free to look me up on Netgamers IRC, Pring is about too, Rick might be as well.. Dunno about others from your time.
Unread 30 May 2003, 22:38   #23
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Wolfpack must have had in the region of 250-300 players during round 9, based on what I saw while among them.

Probably not accurate, but its only an estimate