User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 May 2003, 20:37   #1
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
I disagree with the creators

it was obvious to everyone that the changing e-mail thing would be openly abused. The only other time you allowed people to do that was in r2/3 transition, and the same happened.

why have you only just realised this, AFTER we've got all our clusters and stuff sorted..

and make a goddam decision, don't say we 'might' have to. Do or don't. BUT JUST LET US KNOW, because we can't sort out our politics until we know.

****s sake

Last edited by Leshy; 29 May 2003 at 01:39.
Cicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:53   #2
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Well said tbh, its a pain in the arse and will destroy lots of hard work put in my players this week.

A benifit i can see tho is for galaxies with less than 25 players.
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:56   #3
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
TO be honest, I don't think we are likely to be given a decision until the last possible moment as usual. It is too easy to be non-commital, however they may not know for sure yet, in which case we may have just gained a days more notice than we would otherwise have had.

I do agree though.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 20:58   #4
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Definiton of Might:

* how to **** things up, and at the same time annoy as many people as possibe in one sentence. *

God damnit.
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:02   #5
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
If there is genna be a shuffle tho it should happen now. That way it gives ppl time to sort things again, and galaxies not to be disorganised.

This is not a good way to keep new players for round 10, but being unsure of decisions... even this happenning in the first place. Stop the ability to change emails, for this round, let them set the address that can only be used for next. That way it would discourage account swapping.

Think guys!
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:16   #6
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
What I don't get - if they have evidence of planet swapping, delete all involve planets. If they don't have adequate evidence, no reason to reshuffle.

If they are just going on hunches, we all had hunches people would try cheating as soon as the email switch option was implemented. So either start deleting accounts or leave everything as is.

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:18   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by N0VA
What I don't get - if they have evidence of planet swapping, delete all involve planets. If they don't have adequate evidence, no reason to reshuffle.

If they are just going on hunches, we all had hunches people would try cheating as soon as the email switch option was implemented. So either start deleting accounts or leave everything as is.
There's a difference between having enough evidence to close a planet and knowing that things are going on.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:24   #8
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
There's a difference between having enough evidence to close a planet and knowing that things are going on.
Is that lack of evidence a good enough reason to inconvenience thousands of other players?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:26   #9
DrCaress
Linux Freak

DrCaress is an unknown quantity at this point
So many people devoted their time and effort into setting up for round 9.5, they were assured there wouldn't be another shuffle, if pa team decides a shuffle is to be done, it would piss off alot of players, Including myself. and without a doubt loose more valuable players.
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:26   #10
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
If they have a vague inkling that swapping is going on, you are right, they cannot close planets. The point is that the vague inkling they may have now they should have foreseen before stating "no reshuffle".

Either they have new evidence and should close planets, or they don't have new evidence and should stick to their previous decision.

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:29   #11
SoliD

SoliD is an unknown quantity at this point
this is just yet another example of why ppl are getting sick of PA

X - GLX
X - Tuba
X - ViruS
X - LCH
X - FAnG
SoliD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:34   #12
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
this is the times i just put my head in my hands and curse within myself and think, why the heck do i put down so much time in to such a ****ty game?
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:37   #13
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by N0VA
The point is that the vague inkling they may have now they should have foreseen before stating "no reshuffle".
When or where did they state this? I think I missed it.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 21:55   #14
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

Quote:
Originally posted by Whis
When or where did they state this? I think I missed it.
This is what is currently in the overview:

"Since we now see a lot of accounts swapping owners due to the ability to update your emails (keep in mind, any prepaid credits for round 10 sticks to the OWNER of that email account) , we might be forced to reshuffle completely just before we start to tick. More on this when we know for sure."

IMHO - if they see accounts being swapped, they should close them. If they don't see accounts being swapped, then they should leave the universe as is. Either case would lead us to a situation where a reshuffle is not necessary.

<Nova> that would suck
Unread 28 May 2003, 22:01   #15
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
If it were just about acountswapping i'd have to agree. However the uneven galaxy situation, if not changed by the time ticks start, should be adressed aswell with a shuffle imo. In any case I haven't seen the creators effectively ruling out a reshuffle.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:36   #16
leknu
Ensign

leknu is on a distinguished road
I dont care how its going to "fixed". Shuffle or no shuffle.

But just decide it fast and let people know.
leknu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:46   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by leknu
I dont care how its going to "fixed". Shuffle or no shuffle.

But just decide it fast and let people know.
Keeping people in the dark will prevent largescale cheating without the need to actually do anything.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 10:52   #18
leknu
Ensign

leknu is on a distinguished road
I sincerely hope the pa-team arent stupid enough to believe in that...
leknu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 13:05   #19
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: I disagree with the creators

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
it was obvious to everyone that the changing e-mail thing would be openly abused. The only other time you allowed people to do that was in r2/3 transition, and the same happened.

why have you only just realised this, AFTER we've got all our clusters and stuff sorted..

and make a goddam decision, don't say we 'might' have to. Do or don't. BUT JUST LET US KNOW, because we can't sort out our politics until we know.

****s sake
words of wisdom

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 14:01   #20
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
Weve already settled into galaxies and therefore a shuffle would mean having to rename planets etc again For ppl who cant get online straight away old galm8s can find planets and will know when they are on IRC...

Dont re-shuffle, delete cheats and inactives, sorted!
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 19:09   #21
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ultramar
Weve already settled into galaxies and therefore a shuffle would mean having to rename planets etc again For ppl who cant get online straight away old galm8s can find planets and will know when they are on IRC...

Dont re-shuffle, delete cheats and inactives, sorted!

i agree with you i am the GC of a gal and it a shuffle would distroy all my plans
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2003, 21:20   #22
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
In my opinion

It is very likely that at least *some* people are account swapping. It has been done, it is being done, and it is going to be done in the future.

Now... Does 5th Season want to 'punish' a lot of other players for this bad bad behaviour of a few? TBH I don't care, this is a random round, and it is Free for lots of players, and a bonus round for those who paid R9. However, I understand people will be aggrevated about another shuffle.

The thing that really bothers me is the 'might'. Decide *NOW* : Shuffle, or NO Shuffle, but don't keep proving yourselves to be incompetent no decision making cowards puleeeeeezz!

So Spinner, do as you please, but BE CLEAR ABOUT IT! BE STRONG IN YOUR DECISION FFS!
Unread 29 May 2003, 23:29   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jackal2112
Does 5th Season want to
For the record, you do know 5th Season AS has not existed for about half a year now?
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:01   #24
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't be surprised if at least half of the ppl complaining about this reshuffle are doing so bc they have in some way arranged some kind of advantage for themselves.
Excuse me, but how much effort have you actually put into this already? Most tasks such as choosing GC and ministers, channel and such can be done in 1 day. Next day you take care of cluster / parallel politics. We still have 72 ticks protection, so i don't see much point to this complaining. Besides, it's not the creators fault that ppl are abusing the change e-mail feature, so if you want to flame someone, flame those who actually are responsible for this, the players.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 00:11   #25
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
heh why dont we just say we wont pay ever again and they might ger there act together

i bet they are sitting in the office
with tea nad scones
saying pip pip old chap
coza is offline   Reply With Quote