User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 May 2003, 19:19   #1
coza
Banned

coza is an unknown quantity at this point
Full Tech Tree For Round 9.5

After thinking about it how is a full tech tree going to be fair and make the game enjoyable?

i know its not gonna be a long round but the thing about pa is, u have to work to get your ships done..
i mean lets all go caathar and build 1 mantis and that will prolyl cap about 20 roids a tick then build one scorpion and freeze about 100 ships a tick..

iff u r xand u can attack terrans before they get pegs so imo xands are gonna be fecked up in round 9.5 and tbh they suck and cost too much..

i am trying to say that it makes it exciting when u start searching for roids , u can have good luck or u can have bad luck adn go from there giving us a full tech tree will just make it boring and sad. Speaking to a few people they feel the same, way and what is this going to do for the n00bies that join the game and see everything there for them, they are not going to know what to make first iff they decide to stay on for round 10, but pa creators prolly wont listen to me so i will shut up now

-coza-
coza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:25   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What?

ps

Someone needs to read the manual!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:27   #3
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
Then pick a race that benefits from a full tech tree!!

Wish ppl would stop moaning about this round, its free fs!

Just play and be happy
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:27   #4
coza
Banned

:)

just examples ')
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:29   #5
coza
Banned

Quote:
Ultramar Then pick a race that benefits from a full tech tree!!

Wish ppl would stop moaning about this round, its free fs!

Just play and be happy
im not moaning tbh its just gonna be pretty boring and i fail to see how its going to be fun
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:32   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
it will be fun

since its now a full tech tree, its now different tactics , and stuff :P
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:33   #7
coza
Banned

better to start off with more roids than a full tech tree
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:39   #8
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
yes maybe we can have a FUN round
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:50   #9
coza
Banned

Aint had fun since we covered GuardDog in round 3 heh
Unread 25 May 2003, 20:04   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
heh

I made a post almost identical to this one, and I agree coza.The 2 first weeks of a round r the fun ones

What concerns me most about full tech tree is the newbies that will be pwned from the start, not knowing what to do. Then when r10 comes, again without experienc, they wont know what to do

ah well.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 20:07   #11
coza
Banned

first ever thing we have agreed on ? :P
Unread 25 May 2003, 22:21   #12
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I'm more worried about those veterans who now land in a situation where they have no idea what to do. They need to make a choice on when to switch from initiating roids to building ships. And nobody knows beforehand what in the end will be the right choice, till it's too late. It's gonna be fun.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 10:51   #13
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
hehe

Not really. We used to be of the very same opinion before...but in the later time, I would think its the only thing

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote