User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jul 2003, 05:32   #1
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough
The Hulk

Just saw it today at the Cinema.

In my opinion, utter s**t, but good date fodder (esp. when they blow up the frog at the beginning - laugh as your bird squeals and cringes in disgust, then grin like a player as you go to "comfort them" - heh heh heh)

What gets me is, how come he has trouble seeing off a Mutated french poodle, and yet Takes down 3 Apache Gunships, 4 tanks, 1 fighter plane and half the american army without even a thought?
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 05:57   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The dogs healed.

They were as tough as the Hulk.

Individually they weren't as strong tho.

Together tho they were his equal (bodymass etc).

The Hulk had to totally destroy them in one blow (not just wound them ... hence the crushing explosin type popping sound).

If he didn't they would heal.

Tanks, helicopters etc are just metal and pose no problem to The Hulk.

They cant heal.

I think that's what the case was.
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 06:03   #3
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough
Allow me the pleasure of being the voice of all GD when I say...

YOU F***ING GEEK!!!!!!!!!
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 06:10   #4
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Skragg

no just the voice of your own pretencious ramblings.

(and anyone who thinks "the hulk" constitutes good date material, needs help. Serious help)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 14:00   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

We both went to see the same film.

Neither of us has read any Hulk comics (i'm assuming that's the case on your behalf).

I managed to follow the storyline OF AN AMERICAN ACTION MOVIE whilst you didn't.

This makes me a geek?!

No ... this just makes you stupid.
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 14:50   #6
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember reading some of those magazines as a kid. I remember them as much more entertaining than the film.

The movie was no good.

Matrim
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 10:18   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:

Actually, I think he just understood the film a bit better than you did.

Apart from the over-zealous CGI, I thought it was a well done movie which retained as much of a comic feel as it could, being a live action movie.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2003, 12:37   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Actually, I think he just understood the film a bit better than you did.

Apart from the over-zealous CGI, I thought it was a well done movie which retained as much of a comic feel as it could, being a live action movie.
I agree, it was actually suprisingly good. After seeing the trailers and thinking "How **** does the CGI hulk look, it looks like a bloody cartoon" I wasnt expecting much but it really did work. The Cartoon looking Hulk while not the most relistic looking cg charchter did fit in well with the whole comic book style of the movie, the story was good (although perhaps a little slow and 'arthousey' for alot of people), the acting was solid and the style fantastic. Perhaps the one gripe i have was with the two actions scenes before the big one against the army. They were shot in a way so that the view of the hulk was hindered. while he was smashing up the lab there was always shelves and such like in the way and the fight scene with the dogs was very darkly lit making it hard to pick out the action. This made both this scenes feel a little empty, but this could have been ang lees intention so as not to distract too much from the emotional side of the movie earlier on while raising the expectation level for the big sequence towards the end

By no means a masterpeice but an enjoyable movie, which as long as you dont go in expecting the normal comic book action fest your find very entertaining
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote