User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:03   #1
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough
For those who doubted wed even survive

Since the start of the round when APA was formed i have been asked a million times why should anyone join and why should we bother creatin a new alliance now, (well 700ticks ago)

Now i can show you why

We now have 49 Members and are hovering jus outside the top 20, with the latest recruits we should be easily 19th...

We have an extremely active IRC community especially considerin we started this round

We give defence to anyone who needs it, if they are too late we sort out attacks on the other planet, or strategies to help them the best we can...and for those who get to us in IRC, its virtually always successful

Several other alliances, all above us in rank, have expressed that they want to merge or work together, showing that they have seen our potential

For those that doubted us, or gave any of us grief in the early days, well this post says it all

Thanks for readin this...

Dude - HC of APA
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:09   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: For those who doubted wed even survive

good job on being successful in terms of your own aims.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:17   #3
higginz
||Dude||

isnt improvement on ur current position always the aim?
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:29   #4
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

I dont think he was being ironic. Really, congratulations on reaching the goals you set for the round.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:53   #5
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
I dont think he was being ironic. Really, congratulations on reaching the goals you set for the round.

agreed and seconded

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:16   #6
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations on accomplishing something you set your aims for. Keep it up.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:32   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nice one guys, keep growing, keep building and soon you will be a force to be reckoned with!
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:56   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

keep plugging away and keep learning lads

best of luck
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 22:11   #9
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Good luck and have fun (and well done so far)
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 22:30   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

What everyone else said.

And are you wrestling fans?
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 22:46   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Good going
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 23:13   #12
higginz
||Dude||

i know were not massive yet, but weve kept growing, and i no it seems like nothin compared to the big boys but we could be next round, as is our aim (well not top5 ) so thanks ppl for ur support ...
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:40   #13
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

The core membership is key. If you have that, and they are active, you could indeed make a bidding. Just be prepared for the wave of politics that comes with power (perceived or otherwise).
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 02:15   #14
Amnesia
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Amnesia is an unknown quantity at this point

*waves at dude*

Still nice to see you guys keeping it up doing well
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 20:21   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well done guys.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 08:41   #16
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

good job
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 11:55   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Few alliances immideatley get the rank they want. 1up did it, but the concept there was hardly a new alliance, rather an old one being reformed(yes yes its not fury but its not far off )

Good to see people enjoying the fights down there. I know how it is to start a new alliance good work

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:29   #18
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I never knew you existed (untill I seen this thread)

So I never had any thoughts one way or the other.

Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:42   #19
higginz
||Dude||

i dont mean ppl knowin of us, unless u look at the rankings all the time...but it was aimed at ppl who told us that wed never survive at all, never mind get 50members after a few weeks especially those in weaker alliances now :P Got so much grief when recruitin at first but it was worth it so.....
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:48   #20
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by higginz
i dont mean ppl knowin of us, unless u look at the rankings all the time...but it was aimed at ppl who told us that wed never survive at all, never mind get 50members after a few weeks especially those in weaker alliances now :P Got so much grief when recruitin at first but it was worth it so.....

Congratz

and one of my gal mates joined u, so that is prolly the 51st
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 16:42   #21
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Well done APA!

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 16:45   #22
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

now set new goal for the net 700 ticks and see if u can make those happen. either way u guys should be happy for this round

good job

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 10:56   #23
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

congrats m8... its nice to see the smaller alliances getting themselves a slice of success

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 20:29   #24
Tobijas

Hello. I'm the founder of [APA] and when I started the alliance. I couldn't even imagine to grow this big.
Feels really nice now. Wel thanks for me!

/Tobijas
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 04:36   #25
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Go you!
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 23:21   #26
higginz
||Dude||

Weve moved our public channel (due to kinda popular demand!) so now, if u wanna chat

#[apa]

cheers
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 01:02   #27
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

hehehe yea well done guys it is nice to see a new alliance get off the ground

everyone has to start somewhere and it is nice to see a functioning unit emerge from the usual tat posted on recruitment forums

good luck for the rest of the round Hope you accheive all your aims for next round and who knows for next
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 02:46   #28
Entropy

Entropy is an unknown quantity at this point

Whether we may fight together or against each other, good luck next round!
R3 53:1:22 - Black Sigma HC
R4 233:20:1 - Black Sigma HC
R5 5:??:?? - Karma
R6 22:2:1 - Xanadu

Proud to be Xanadu
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 05:32   #29
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

wd guys glad to see ur having fun
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 19:50   #30
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

congrats and good luck
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 21:23   #31
higginz
||Dude||

hehe, 18th now

in one round thats not bad, well i think so anyways, didnt expect much from it but woohoo
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 21:50   #32
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, definately congrats are in order... Just make sure you keep up the hard work and be consistent in your good play
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 03:26   #33
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I wouldnt get too caught up in self congratulations if I was you. You have had a relativly large amount of success at this point but your biggest task is just around the corner and you need to keep your eye on the ball if your alliance is going to survive.

Many alliances have been in your situation in the past only to get a shock at the end of the round when they get hit by the natural wastage and find members being tempted away by bigger alliances. They then end up either disbanding between the rounds or come back a shadow of themselves and disband soon after.

Just make sure you are prepared for this and dont let yourself get disheartend if it seems like you have taken a few steps back at the start of the round and you should survive and become a more long term fixture in the rankings but just always remember that not only is the start of a round the most difficult for any alliance around your ranking but also the second round is also often the hardest round for an alliance and just making it through the round in the same position as your first round is more than many do and is an acheivement to be proud of.

Anyway good luck in the future (as long as you stay behind us that is )
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 04:21   #34
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

omg:/ he was just saying they were happy over acheiving there goals
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 09:46   #35
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
omg:/ he was just saying they were happy over acheiving there goals
And your point is?

If your trying to say I shouldnt have posted what I did then I have to wonder why you think that. All I was doing was giving them advice about making sure they remain focussed because its all too easy to get caught up in your successes, start setting yourself unrealistic goals and end up failing and tbh thats the last thing this game needs.

Alliances every round fall into this trap, many of them who made more of an instant impact on the game that APA and hence alliances who when end of round would have had things that little bit easier than APA will.

They are about to hit their make or break point and getting a bunch of "well done" messages only helps infalte their egos and makes it more likly to inflate their egos and take their eye off the ball and as such they need comments like mine to keep them grounded and fully aware that the fight has only started
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 21:38   #36
higginz
||Dude||

we know we will lose members by next round and thanks for the advice

tho i no wot alki means about us bein chuffed we achieved our goals too

basically, we started this round a few days in and recruited like crazy, we are sorting out who is definately stayin soon, so we can get an idea, then we are recruiting straight away so we can get the best possible start.

if we started next round with 40 half decent members, wed have 40 more players than we did this round, and a week in advance so we should do ok tho i think quite a lot of our members wanna stay APA next round, as that was part of our recruitin that they would be in a great alliance frm the start up untill we are big....making them feel like they have made the alliance work, which they have, as without them we would be nowhere...

Thanks for ur advice, we will be careful next round....wish us luck that we achieve our goals next round too (well i spose if it means we are higher than ur alliance u wont but still makes some more decent competition doesnt it)

thanks guys

Dude
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 23:28   #37
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

Good luck and have fun and well done
aif is offline   Reply With Quote