User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 00:47   #51
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R67 bb set discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Just looking at this one randomly what makes you think that cat cr will have almost a third of their cr value in the mantis? Most cats use very few norm ships unless it covers something where there is no other emp. Take out the mantis and up the other two a bit and xan fr no longer roids cat cr either.
Build might be diffrent from player to player, ive by default just made sure that value is spread equaly over the class.
Using this a starting point, it would stop any arguments like "THERE WONT BE ANY CLASS XYZ IN UNIVERS SO SHIP X WONT BE BUILT", not saying that it wont happend, but the initial idea is that its suppose to be more or less balanced.

CAT CR how ever is a special case, and i could aswell remove the CR normal ship without upsetting too much, but i wont, as i liked the idea.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2016, 00:56   #52
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
Did I not ask you not to ask me to look at calcs or create calcs that won't reflect the actual game (like any of your calcs posted earlier) ?

To put this in a long sentence, these stats DO NOT support soloing at all (unless you count soloing on tags that do not defend at all, or just suck at it horribly). Which leads us to create the best possible teamups, which then forces us to go FRDE teamups, which then leads to having most value in those ships as they are doubling as the best attack teamup AND the best defence against anything but themselves, which then leads to using the rest of value to the best defships that have a chance against FRDE, which leads to pumping CRBS (mostly BS really) as def ships, which leads to PL def that you so much love (yes, against all classes), which leads to everyone else but maybe 3 tags sucking in def and running away with the round, which creates a goddamn boring round that you love so much. So pls, either reroll these all over (maybe remove a class from each race or something drastic like that) or just give up with this particular set (where the R51 stats you based them on[?] were rather horrible to start with).
The whole idea was to make FR strong, but requiring 3 races.
More diffrent races in a tag, more holes for solo attacks.
In the end, PA is a TEAM game, TEAMING UP on attacks should be rewarded.
Focusing the stats purely on "soloing" tends to lead to a very "square" rock, paper, sissors set, wich by all means is better than rock, paper, scissors, machine gun sets.
You think this set is the later.

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 02:57   #53
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
TEAMING UP on attacks should be rewarded.
I disagree.
(We've had this "discussion" before).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2016, 04:52   #54
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I disagree.
(We've had this "discussion" before).
Well thats your opinion.
If race A is better than race B in all aspects and they have the same attack class, why bother having B?
Ie. This was the essential idea behind mixing cat/zik planets in the same attack class, obviously a big mistaking.
The zik should be as good or better every time, attacking without a cat wing man. Solo => Teamup.

I respect and accept that you think stats should be like this, but we are so diffrent in our views as we can get.

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 06:17   #55
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

So you say that this is NOT a SOLO set, yet our racial posts only focus on SOLO attacks and/or covering SOLO incs? What's the idea behind that?

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2016, 09:11   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's fine for teamups to be better than solo fleets, but solo fleets should at the very least be viable. If a two-fleet teamup has an average land rate of 80% and solo attack fleets have a land rate of 20%, then that's bad. When people can't solo effectively, people will attack less because arranging teamups takes more effort, and the round turns into an idle-fest, interspersed with overblocks taking down one alliance at a time.

If it's 80% and 50%, respectively, that's fine. A two-fleet attack should have half the recall rate of a single-fleet attack, at least, and a small bonus for cooperation seems reasonable to me. So on the one hand, if you have a spare fleet, you can just attack without having to talk to half a dozen people, and on the other, in times of war, you can use the slightly better land rate to bring down your opponent faster.

I'm not making any statement on whether Butcher's stats are 80/20 or 80/50. I'm also not saying that 50% or 80% land rates are a requirement. The numbers are illustrative only. My point is about their relative values.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2016, 14:28   #57
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It's fine for teamups to be better than solo fleets, but solo fleets should at the very least be viable. If a two-fleet teamup has an average land rate of 80% and solo attack fleets have a land rate of 20%, then that's bad. When people can't solo effectively, people will attack less because arranging teamups takes more effort, and the round turns into an idle-fest, interspersed with overblocks taking down one alliance at a time.

If it's 80% and 50%, respectively, that's fine. A two-fleet attack should have half the recall rate of a single-fleet attack, at least, and a small bonus for cooperation seems reasonable to me. So on the one hand, if you have a spare fleet, you can just attack without having to talk to half a dozen people, and on the other, in times of war, you can use the slightly better land rate to bring down your opponent faster.

I'm not making any statement on whether Butcher's stats are 80/20 or 80/50. I'm also not saying that 50% or 80% land rates are a requirement. The numbers are illustrative only. My point is about their relative values.
This is were i disagree.
If say, a Terran FR planets decides to target a ETD planet, one fleet of Xan Pulsars would prolly force a recall. The chance of that to happend could be 50%.
If it was Xan FR/Ter FR attacking together, a ingal/prelaunched Dragon fleet could force a recall, and the chance for that perhaps would be 40%.
If it was Xan FR/Ter FR/Zik FR attacking together, it would take 5 ingal/prelaunched Dragon fleets to force a recall, or any other 5 fleet combos to force a recall, and the chance for that happening could be say 10%.

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 14:33   #58
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
So you say that this is NOT a SOLO set, yet our racial posts only focus on SOLO attacks and/or covering SOLO incs? What's the idea behind that?
What is a solo set?

This is just an example calc, based on your value inputs.
Zik hitting a Ter following your value spread 60% FR, 30% BS, 10% wibble.

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=pxsdkji8zzz0piz
Ofc you could say, he would put value into War Cruisers instead of Battleships, and that would change the calc, but besides that, is this a solo landable attack?
If any FI/CO fleet basicly, would show up, it would perhaps force a recall, but thats is not the same as not being able to solo.

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 16:34   #59
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

Eh, when I say 30% in CRBS FOR PL DEF, I actually do mean that it's in ships that fire on the class below and using PL def does actually mean using PL def, hence on that particular case there would be another anti-FR BS fleet to cover the attack.

somewhat like this against that SOLO zik: http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=iwu32oznsb9t1s3, you can even add another FR fleet on that and it's covered, the third FR fleet pushes the def beyond it being worth it, so yes, a 3 man teamup is required to pass a 2 man PL def.

Just to prove a point. And now pls, can you just stop posting STUPID calcs that only make sense in a perfect world. (Yes, my calc is the optimal def for that calc, but optimal def is also what I based my strat on).

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
Unread 27 Apr 2016, 19:29   #60
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Eh, when I say 30% in CRBS FOR PL DEF, I actually do mean that it's in ships that fire on the class below and using PL def does actually mean using PL def, hence on that particular case there would be another anti-FR BS fleet to cover the attack.

somewhat like this against that SOLO zik: http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=iwu32oznsb9t1s3, you can even add another FR fleet on that and it's covered, the third FR fleet pushes the def beyond it being worth it, so yes, a 3 man teamup is required to pass a 2 man PL def.

Just to prove a point. And now pls, can you just stop posting STUPID calcs that only make sense in a perfect world. (Yes, my calc is the optimal def for that calc, but optimal def is also what I based my strat on).
First of all:
If your only gonna build dragons, this calc is realistic: http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=z28admnp28osic1

Second of all:
Your strat is either basing itself on having ETD support planets, or having ETD that is FCing/cov-opping FR/DE pods.

You can make as many perfect calcs as you want, its calcs that isnt going to happend within your value spread guide from earlier.

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 20:44   #61
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

Again, these calcs posted here have no reflection in the real game what so ever, build will be adjusted according to what ever enemy whoever is fighting against and the value spreads will have to live around. So can you pls stop posting those utterly useless cals, pls, stop it. I posted that one calc just to point out the effectiveness of proper PL def with this set of "stats".

Secondly, I happen to be in a tag where I can race assign people that I know are active enough to steal pods if they need to steal pods, be it FCs, Covops or just plainly dull def steals (GJ making ETD steals especially so damn easy), hence I can somewhat confidently base my strat on what the ever fck I want to base it on.

Thirdly, I based my strat on def first approach, cover all, then start landing, if you can't handle doing PL def for a whole round, don't even consider that strat, go plain BS, that'll land decent all round on most tags.

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 20:57   #62
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Again, these calcs posted here have no reflection in the real game what so ever, build will be adjusted according to what ever enemy whoever is fighting against and the value spreads will have to live around. So can you pls stop posting those utterly useless cals, pls, stop it. I posted that one calc just to point out the effectiveness of proper PL def with this set of "stats".

Secondly, I happen to be in a tag where I can race assign people that I know are active enough to steal pods if they need to steal pods, be it FCs, Covops or just plainly dull def steals (GJ making ETD steals especially so damn easy), hence I can somewhat confidently base my strat on what the ever fck I want to base it on.

Thirdly, I based my strat on def first approach, cover all, then start landing, if you can't handle doing PL def for a whole round, don't even consider that strat, go plain BS, that'll land decent all round on most tags.
You are planning to base your alliance build around one of your race choices having no DE def?
BF will be sitting ducks, as they will run out of fleet slots to defend vs xan DE.
And PLing def is based around having members awake inc scanning themself, so ofc it should be rewarding.

"there's no need for me to do a shitton of calcs before the round to find out the best strat, as there's only one."
If there only is one strat, why would you bother considering anything? P3nguins/CT/BowS/ND/BF/FL/Ult will base their game around prelaunching def, stealing/covopping pods...

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 21:37   #63
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

There is only one proper strat, from MY point of view, ofc there can be variation thanks to people and alliances being different, but "I don't have to do a shitton of calcs" still stands true, as I don't have to. The less people in universe follow the same strat, the better the strat will be, so I don't even want people to follow my strat, I want them to choose something that will eventually fail against my strat. My strat is difficult to play and requires activity and the ability to wake up at night to inc scan, otherwise it'll be waste of time (but so are all the other strats as you either don't land at all, or don't def at all).

Unread 27 Apr 2016, 22:06   #64
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post

I agree with this. This view is what most of us look for in stats.
Unread 27 Apr 2016, 22:56   #65
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
There is only one proper strat, from MY point of view, ofc there can be variation thanks to people and alliances being different, but "I don't have to do a shitton of calcs" still stands true, as I don't have to. The less people in universe follow the same strat, the better the strat will be, so I don't even want people to follow my strat, I want them to choose something that will eventually fail against my strat. My strat is difficult to play and requires activity and the ability to wake up at night to inc scan, otherwise it'll be waste of time (but so are all the other strats as you either don't land at all, or don't def at all).
So the strategy that requires the most activity and ability, is the best strategy in your opinion? And why is this bad?

The more that go for FR/DE + PL DEF, the more PL DEF will be built, and the value of the FR/DE will be less, wich will make CR/BS more effective in attack.
The more people going CR/BS the better FI/CO will be in attack.
Mixing FI/CO with CR/BS fleets on attack is viable aswell vs hull 2 allies, wich makes blocking/teaming up on a FR/DE tag easier if tag A is FI/CO and tag B CR/BS.

Now, am i insisting on that the interaction between the diffrent "strats" is balanced, or perfect?
No, i would love to hear opinions, see calcs, and all that stuff. I made a ton of em the other round, but i seem to have misplaced them.
Wierdly enough Krypton/Kaiba/ReaperSix went all quiet after the set was avaible on the beta server, i wanted to get their opinion/calcs aswell.

Unread 28 Apr 2016, 00:49   #66
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

If you want a 3rd astropod class. You should work for it.
Ziks/Etds always try hard to steal pods,
Other races go stealth governments so they can covop their 3rd/4th pod classes.

I firmly believe no races 'needs' more than two pods. If they want more, they should choose the government options to steal them.

(I read first page and just saw continuous debate about 3 pod classes)

Xan, 3 pods? What are you thinking? really? ...gosh

I really hope next round stats are better than the current ones... I do also think it's time to stick to traditional tried and tested stat mix, as other people recommend earlier xan should not roid with crbs ever :| and should have low init low armour.

Zik shouldn't be able to kill more than 3 ship classes.

I will say something about this round, we have XP planets and value planets... playing with what seems to be a balanced xp formula! This is quite refreshing... So the chance for solos and the ability to XP play should still exist. Remember XP was introduced to allow players with less time to still compete, and more importantly, encourage the universe to hit bigger planets and stop noob bashing.

So please make sure the balance is right there and solo/xp play is still a viable option.

Can we have it so we dont have race vs race carnage.

I hate it when zik can roid zik easily and cath can roid cath easily... The races should roid each other.

Ter roids Zik/Cath

Zik roids Etd/Xan

Xan roids Ter/Etd

Cath roids Ter/Xan

ETC you get my drift.

The stats/rounds are always shit when xan can bumrape xan so try avoid that too.

Sorry if I mumble.

Please make the stats really good.
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2016, 14:43   #67
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
If you want a 3rd astropod class. You should work for it.
Ziks/Etds always try hard to steal pods,
Other races go stealth governments so they can covop their 3rd/4th pod classes.

I firmly believe no races 'needs' more than two pods. If they want more, they should choose the government options to steal them.

(I read first page and just saw continuous debate about 3 pod classes).
No races need more than one pods in theory, but having more pods makes more strategy viable.

Quote:
Xan, 3 pods? What are you thinking? really? ...gosh

I really hope next round stats are better than the current ones... I do also think it's time to stick to traditional tried and tested stat mix, as other people recommend earlier xan should not roid with crbs ever :| and should have low init low armour.
Xan dont got CR/BS pods, makes me belive you didnt look at the stats

Quote:
I will say something about this round, we have XP planets and value planets... playing with what seems to be a balanced xp formula! This is quite refreshing... So the chance for solos and the ability to XP play should still exist. Remember XP was introduced to allow players with less time to still compete, and more importantly, encourage the universe to hit bigger planets and stop noob bashing.

So please make sure the balance is right there and solo/xp play is still a viable option.

I think Joseph or Mxy had a post on the XP change, why they didnt find it viable anymore. The formulae was changed after r59 iirc.
I did not build my stats around XP play, wich means that you will need to have some sort of value and make sure you dont crash your fleet.

Unread 28 Apr 2016, 20:54   #68
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

3 pods for xan is still too many. 2 pods is ample. you ask for strategy ? if you want 3 pods and want that strategy you have to try for it, like many do, by choosing a stealth government so they can get pods.

With these stats you'll see less covert oppers for sure. And it's a part of the game that I like and I like how it is balanced now.

I did look at the stats, I like the overall look to be honest, but I'm no expert. Just hate 3 pods....and xan has alot of big ships dude.. i didnt mean crbs attack fleet but xan is definitely heavier on the frde+ side of things, which shouldn't be the case. They look to have 1 too many ships too. Xan should be the race in this stat set to have 11 ships. You have xan with 13 ships much more faking capability and 3 pod classes and you have terran with 11 ships and only 2 pod classes? Wheres the balance there.

Terran are visible. Xan should always have the least ships.

R59 the formula was OP. Right now it's fine. Ignore them... look at top ten now for example you have 3 xp planets, 6 value planets and one a bit of both.. thats how it should be i think.
Unread 29 Apr 2016, 01:23   #69
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Personally ive been covoping two rounds earlier, and even with having pod farms its a very time demanding way to go. 4-6 stealth growth for every race beside cath means that you need to have 2-3 farms or be very lucky on 7-8 rotation planets.

I would never go for a strat based around coving hull 2-3 ships, its hard enough on hull1.

Unread 29 Apr 2016, 01:28   #70
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
3 pods for xan is still too many. 2 pods is ample. you ask for strategy ? if you want 3 pods and want that strategy you have to try for it, like many do, by choosing a stealth government so they can get pods.

I did look at the stats, I like the overall look to be honest, but I'm no expert. Just hate 3 pods....and xan has alot of big ships dude.. i didnt mean crbs attack fleet but xan is definitely heavier on the frde+ side of things, which shouldn't be the case. They look to have 1 too many ships too. Xan should be the race in this stat set to have 11 ships. You have xan with 13 ships much more faking capability and 3 pod classes and you have terran with 11 ships and only 2 pod classes? Wheres the balance there.

Terran are visible. Xan should always have the least ships

If you went xan, would you build both FR and DE ships?
The amount of ships has nothing to do with balance imho.

Most people want to spread out value over less ship types.

Maybe you could convince me this is not the case?

Unread 29 Apr 2016, 11:55   #71
Caj
speed demon

i was thinking of going covop xan and spreading value over all classes equally and faking every time at eta 9 lol
would have to cover for entire fleet every time.

why has terran got less ships though? and were coming out of round very xan dominated and hardly any terrans

...i would remove the fireblade & vampyre (edit: also give bomber t2 BS and bring init up to 5 level with dragon to encourage FR building even though no pods) from xan and give Terran a FI pod and another FI ship, maybe a Fighter that targets DE at init 6 or something..

...theres lots of ships but also very few FI class ships.. giving this tweak would strengthen xan fi as they have teamup buddy with terran fi, and would still leave alot of FR around even though no pods as the FR def ships are still good

Also give Cathaar a Resources ship as well rather than a SK ship? Would suit the balance to have two races with the capability, and you've given them a steal ship, which is abit OP as it steals into a core cathaar attacking class, also ETD dont steal into any of their natural attacking classes with 2 steal ships!!! and zik only steal into FR attacking class !... so if im honest id still prefer the cathaar guardian to be a low init Kill ship in line with general race history...you are mixing it up giving zik an EMP ship, and Cat a STEAL and Xan a NORM, but Terran? Nothing! Also why give all these races extra unique ships? That's what ETD is for. By doing this you limit the race perks other races have... so as I said, i like the overall look of the stats... but would prefer those 'odd' ships are changes to normal, terran get more fi and xan have a few ships less

we definitely need one other race to have a FI fleet here too as only 1 exist at the minute

suggested changes:

Zik;
Cutter to BS Steal ship Init 21

Cath;
Guardian to CR kill ship Init 6
Change Termite to CR class, target Resources

Xan;
Fireblade removed
Vampyre removed
Bomber T2=BS Init raised to 5

Ter
Add 'Harpy' FI Target DE kill init 6
Add 'Astropod' FI class pod

Etd;
Devastator to target BS and change to Steal ship init 20
Marauder change to kill ship init 6/7 ?

Kind regards,
Caj

Last edited by Caj; 29 Apr 2016 at 12:24.
Unread 29 Apr 2016, 15:10   #72
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Why do you want terran to have more ships? I could add a bunch load of ST target ship, and remove all the MT ships, would that make terran better? No, it would feck em up.

You keep saying Xan is over powered, and then suggest to nerph zik/cat amongst other things.
This just dosnt make sense after reading your post twice over, and im starting to suspect your involved with the stats mafia

Unread 29 Apr 2016, 15:18   #73
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Everyone who disagrees with you is in the stats mafia.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 29 Apr 2016, 18:03   #74
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

I can't agree with this set, not even drunk, I tried, so I must be in the mafia too.

Unread 29 Apr 2016, 18:08   #75
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Screw the Mafia..... BLANK PANTHERS ALL THE WAY
HAHAHA =D

But yeah, the stats dont look that good and quite imbalanced and I am not even an experienced stats person.

I have to agree with others that unless there is some fundamental changes, such as getting rid of 3 pod classes for xan, your stats will be hard to "balance" without having OP race/ship-classes

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2016, 18:59   #76
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Screw the Mafia..... BLANK PANTHERS ALL THE WAY
HAHAHA =D

But yeah, the stats dont look that good and quite imbalanced and I am not even an experienced stats person.

I have to agree with others that unless there is some fundamental changes, such as getting rid of 3 pod classes for xan, your stats will be hard to "balance" without having OP race/ship-classes
Now i dont mind that your no "stats expert" or a official member of the stats mafia, but id like you to make examples on what your find to be wrong.

"3 pods classes is xan is OP"
Now both Caj and NoXiouS has pointed towards that the FI attack class is very weak, wich in fact it is.

In wich cases would faking DE as FR or vica versa be viable?
Interceptor/Torpedo, Dragon/Wyvern, Mantis, Vsharrak/Pulsars, Dagger, Pirate/Man o War, and Clipper targets FR and DE seperately.
War Cruiser, Viper, Tarantula, Corsair, Smuggler, Marauder and Avenger target BOTH FR/DE.

If it was a plain ST stats set like the one that is currently being ran, ofc it would be very nice with 3 xan pods, but in this case MAYBE putting all your value into one of either FR or DE would be more effective?

Unread 29 Apr 2016, 20:04   #77
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Adding a 3rd pod fleet is usually not a good idea. It's typically hard enough to "balance" a 2 pod set.

That being said, why not spread them across all three meta-classes...Having Fr and De or Cr and Bs seems redundant, other than accounting for alliance strategies and forts.

I do like having resource stealing ships, at least it adds some variety.

Also, might as well change SK's classes so they're in one of each race's roiding fleets. They're already pretty much useless as-is. Either that or just remove them.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2016, 22:11   #78
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Adding a 3rd pod fleet is usually not a good idea. It's typically hard enough to "balance" a 2 pod set.

That being said, why not spread them across all three meta-classes...Having Fr and De or Cr and Bs seems redundant, other than accounting for alliance strategies and forts.

I do like having resource stealing ships, at least it adds some variety.

Also, might as well change SK's classes so they're in one of each race's roiding fleets. They're already pretty much useless as-is. Either that or just remove them.
Spreading pod fleets over 3 fleets would make them more powerfull/effective for faking. And people said its powerfull enough as it is.

Yeah, i agree on just removing sk ships, they cant even be used unless at war anyway?

Unread 30 Apr 2016, 08:10   #79
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

putting your value to either FR or DE removes the faking option, so no, it's not effective for xan to put value in to just one.

Unread 30 Apr 2016, 20:51   #80
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
putting your value to either FR or DE removes the faking option, so no, it's not effective for xan to put value in to just one.
calc splitting value into FR/DE vs value in FR or DE:
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=fnl89jh6t0mizmu vs Terran
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=gbq9m1x8i2a37ju vs Cathaar
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=2gy82qgljlf2htz vs Xan
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=2d155f3xp5334xd vs Zik
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=ulob53izp35shvb vs Etd

So in wich cases will FR/DE faking be good?
Against what you claimed yourself, to be the "de facto" only strategy to go: FR + CR/BS PL def.

CO/DE/CR/BS will more or less be impossibole to risk free pull of a good fake against, what you are more or less are putting your money into if faking one of those races is that they accidently send away their anti FR or DE defence, wich ofc could happend very often, but aswell backfire many other times.

Unread 4 May 2016, 13:09   #81
Caj
speed demon

sorry dude.
both morpheus' and pat's sets are better than this one with 3 pods for xan :/
Unread 4 May 2016, 13:51   #82
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
sorry dude.
both morpheus' and pat's sets are better than this one with 3 pods for xan :/
Well i dont mind you disliking 3 pods/mix pods set, but you should say its just your personal opinion.
If it was broken you would have to make examples why/where its not working.

Unread 4 May 2016, 13:55   #83
Caj
speed demon

lots of others dislike the 3 pods for xan.. your set could be really good in my personal opinion

i voiced my suggested changes..everything is always personal opinion dude! I leave the tweaks on armour and emp eff to you guys...
Unread 4 May 2016, 14:52   #84
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
lots of others dislike the 3 pods for xan.. your set could be really good in my personal opinion

i voiced my suggested changes..everything is always personal opinion dude! I leave the tweaks on armour and emp eff to you guys...
Well removing the 3rd pod class from xan means i would likely have to buff em significantly in other areas, wich atm, is not something i would be interested in doing.
All the xan "attack fleet options" is rather weak imho.

Unread 4 May 2016, 16:47   #85
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Is your changes final BB or you still tinkering?
Unread 4 May 2016, 17:37   #86
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Is your changes final BB or you still tinkering?
Dont think it will be anything major.

Unread 7 May 2016, 08:02   #87
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Btw the round 66 and round 67 thread http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201163 gave a link to Bbs stats http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats. Does that mean it's final? If so congrats BB, you finally overcame the Mafia!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2016, 15:43   #88
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Btw the round 66 and round 67 thread http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201163 gave a link to Bbs stats http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats. Does that mean it's final? If so congrats BB, you finally overcame the Mafia!
Id seriously doubt that. Havnt heard anything that would suggsst it

Unread 7 May 2016, 16:22   #89
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Since it's in an official announcement, I'm guessing its true?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2016, 16:24   #90
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Since it's in an official announcement, I'm guessing its true?
I guess its more so Appocomaster/Jintao not updating the beta page, guess we will see.

Unread 7 May 2016, 21:41   #91
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Or he failed to update it in the announcement he copied and pasted from last round. :P
Unread 8 May 2016, 10:17   #92
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Well if BB's stats hit the game.planetarion.com we might actually see the end of PA. Too many rounds in a row with shitty stats and too many people lose interest.
Unread 8 May 2016, 10:29   #93
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Undeniably very different from this round just past though, so likely to annoy a different set of players!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 9 May 2016, 06:24   #94
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Looking at this set takes me 2mins and I look at xan again, whenever I start looking at it again.

Build 6(7) attack ships and dists and no DC will be able to guess what ur sending.

De? Fr? Fi? Just pods? Which? De? Fr? Fi? All?

Run this set when we had 2-3 rounds without any xan concentration. Not now...

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2016, 04:32   #95
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Looking at this set takes me 2mins and I look at xan again, whenever I start looking at it again.

Build 6(7) attack ships and dists and no DC will be able to guess what ur sending.

De? Fr? Fi? Just pods? Which? De? Fr? Fi? All?

Run this set when we had 2-3 rounds without any xan concentration. Not now...
Imagine if they cov-op pods?

CO? CR? BS? Which? FI? CO? FR? DE? CR? BS? All?

Unread 10 May 2016, 06:48   #96
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Imagine if they cov-op pods?

CO? CR? BS? Which? FI? CO? FR? DE? CR? BS? All?
Yeah amazing....

Much easier to build pods then covop them, Sherlock?

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 10 May 2016, 07:30   #97
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Yeah amazing....

Much easier to build pods then covop them, Sherlock?
Indeed it is easier, but any half wit can cov op pods.
Myself ive tried going for cov ops strats, last round i played(r65) i had more FI pods than most ETDs had.
Its just to find yourself some farms, and log in every other hour.
Thats why NoXiouS calls me farmer bob.

Should we remove covop for xans because its "too strong"?

Unread 10 May 2016, 07:52   #98
booji
a bucket

Makes more sense simply to have few ships available to build in non roiding fleets to start with. No one is going to get very far with a tiny cov opped fleet if they can't build any ships to back it up. Even when fighting xan's covering the fake would be made much easier.

This is of course something that will vary from set to set. I presume in your set you are actually thinking it is likely that etd will steal or cov op de pods thus have given them a couple of pretty good ships there.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 10 May 2016, 08:06   #99
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Makes more sense simply to have few ships available to build in non roiding fleets to start with. No one is going to get very far with a tiny cov opped fleet if they can't build any ships to back it up. Even when fighting xan's covering the fake would be made much easier.
My poimt being mainly, that spreading value over diffrent classes will weaken your fleet, more so if spreading it over diffrent ships that target the ssme ship/ships.

Usualy, you might want to have as much value as you can in as few classes as possibole. Flak being the key word.
Suddently this is no longer favourable? This smells like stats mafia at work...

Unread 10 May 2016, 08:49   #100
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
My poimt being mainly, that spreading value over diffrent classes will weaken your fleet, more so if spreading it over diffrent ships that target the ssme ship/ships.

Usualy, you might want to have as much value as you can in as few classes as possibole. Flak being the key word.
Suddently this is no longer favourable? This smells like stats mafia at work...
Really if you dont get the diffrence/connection between concentrating value on a few ships and building a few more (WHICH ARE ALL CLOAKED) to be able to fake like a madman, you shouldnt get anywhere near designing stats

rgds
m0rph3us
Assitant Chief Director Stats Mafia