User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Mar 2006, 21:22   #1
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough
A new Terran enlistee...

(Note: This is my first attempt at writing a story realted to PA, so be patient, please.

Part 1- A Cause for Revenge

"Chekov, Aleksander."

"Reporting for duty, sir." With these four words, those that I had used to respond to Academy Commandant Morell, I entered a path that had been followed my many of the other Terran inhabitants of this world, that is, enlisting to serve on the giant armored warfleets that had become our race's trademark.

In fact, my father had been one of them, and his military career had been one of my reasons to enlist. Once his training had completed, he had been placed on the crew of one of the Pegasus-class destroyers. Now, as you may know, Pegasuses were fitted with a weapons array suitable for taking out smaller ships, as opposed to their close companions in the fleet, the Barghest-class destroyers.

They had been sent out to do just that, in revenge against a Xandathrii, who had just raided the planet with their race's excuse for 'large' ships. In fact, I still remember the shockwaves as the Predators knocked out several of the equatorial scanning stations. All in all, our revenge attack had been quite justified.

I still remember those moments watching the public vidscreen, when our fleet had come into sight range of their planet. A massive fleet had risen from the surface of their planet, and I had recognized some disturbing shapes in the 'green cloud'. Specifically, one disturbing shape, and too many copies of it: A green dart with a 'split' nose, and one small topmount gun: the Xandathrii Fireblade. There were far more of them than we were expecting, and I knew it didn't look good. The Pegasuses began taking far too many hits. They tried their best at a response, knocking out quite a few Blades, but in the end, it proved futile- and most of our Destroyers now floated as charred piles of metal. Undoubtedly, my father's Pegasus was one of them.

I, for the most part, missed the shots of our Battleships engaging Broadswords, and our Pods sweeping up THEIR asteroids. (These events were described to me later.) At that moment, I was filled with a more personal notion of revenge…

That explains where I am now, at one of this planet's military complexes. The skill of spaceship flying wasn't much of a challenge to me, as I had already taken quite readily to flying small craft when I started several years ago, and besides, I had experience working on one of those colossal resource transports. Using a gun turret's targeting interface didn't bother me either. (Perhaps this had something to do with the excessive amount of time I spent playing video games, but that is another thing entirely…) The weeks in boot camp seemed pretty monotonous, not worth mentioning here, except for the fact that even ol' rod-up-his-butt Morell had complimented my ship operating skills once or twice.

Soon enough, my training had completed, and I was close to being assigned a ship, and taking the skies.

[Coming Soon: Part 2- 'Braddock Academy Commencement']
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 04:17   #2
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough
Re: A new Terran enlistee...

[OOC] no interest?

Unread 27 Mar 2006, 13:39   #3
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I read it.
I think I once (way back, R4? R5? ish) wrote a PA related "story" for some mates of mine. Not really as serious as yours, more the shits and giggles kind of stuff.

I this just a story? Or will it become a RP-thread?
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 22:41   #4
KingAlan

perhpas it can become an RP thread...