User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 12 Nov 2002, 11:31   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
FlexLM registration fails (Maya)

Maya (the 3D design proggy) uses FlexLM registration to register the program.
The problem with FlexLM is that it uses a network card to register. This shouldn't be a problem if FlexLM detected my hardware address correctly, but it doesn't. It sees FFFFFFFFFFFF as my hardware address and can thus not contact the computer.

First off, does anyone know why the program doesn't see my HW address, and what the workaround is.
Secondly, if you know any other way of using Maya without the FlexLM registration please let me know.
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 10:03   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
You could always crack it.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 10:23   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy
You could always crack it.
euh... the crack makes a reg file that is used by FlexLM registration... I have looked for other cracks, but to no avail.
But I "officially" don't use cracks (*fears for his thread*)....
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 16:46   #4
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Re: FlexLM registration fails (Maya)

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
First off, does anyone know why the program doesn't see my HW address, and what the workaround is.
Got the latest drivers for your network card? It might be a problem with the software getting the info from the API's for the card.