User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 02:45   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"Network drives" under linux

At my uni, we have access to a "network drive" under windows.
The windows address for me is \\sci-filestore\<my username>

Is it possible to get to his under linux?
If so, how?

Thanks.

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 02:55   #2
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes.

Samba.

Ask someone else :O)
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:16   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Miserableman
Yes.

Samba.

Ask someone else :O)
Why ask someone else? As you said, Samba
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 11:36   #4
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Code:
smbmount //server/share /home/megla/is/ace -o username=$(users|head -n 1), password=isace, rw, \
uid=`grep $(users|head -n 1) /etc/passwd|tr : ' '|awk '{print $3}'`, \
gid=`grep $(groups|head -n 1) /etc/group|tr : ' ' |awk '{print $3}'`

*Theres a better way of extracting your uid and gid. I just dont know it. I dont care either.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude

Last edited by MT; 5 Nov 2002 at 11:47.
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 13:33   #5
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk

Why ask someone else? As you said, Samba
I just don't know how.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba...ook/index.html

^^ can prolly tell you
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:01   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
if you are going to use Samba I recommend also installing Webmin (www.webmin.com) useful to configure Samba and pretty much everything else on your lin box

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:15   #7
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by MT

*Theres a better way of extracting your uid and gid. I just dont know it. I dont care either.
`id -ru`
`id -rg`
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 23:35   #8
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by queball

`id -ru`
`id -rg`
I said I didnt care!

What if he was running solaris and didnt have sh-utils installed!

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 04:13   #9
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by MT

I said I didnt care!
You say a lot of things.
Quote:

What if he was running solaris and didnt have sh-utils installed!
Then I doubt he'd have said he was using Linux.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 11:11   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Then I doubt he'd have said he was using Linux.
Good point, well made
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 11:28   #11
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

I was generalising for it to work under most unix like systems. I wasn't referring to megla in specific, but to other users who may find it useful.

God I hate you :/

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 11:41   #12
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
*megla gives MT a cookie

O_o
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 17:35   #13
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
samba - takes about 10 mins to set up supremely and make sure you install swat - it's better than webmin

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2002, 17:48   #14
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
samba
takes about 10 mins to set up supremely and make sure you install swat, it's better than webmin
if you want a quick smb.conf that works just dandy then pm me and you can have mine

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote