User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 18 Nov 2002, 23:21   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Redhat 8 Install :(

I managed to borrow a copy of a linux book of a mate which came with a copy Redhat 8

It starts to install ok but when it gets to the stage where i need to remove the first Ccd and put in the second it just stops doing anything

The cdrom light occassionally flashes so assuming it was doing something i just left it to do it but it's been well over an hour and the 'progress' bar hasn't moved

Installing Packages: XFree86-xauth-4.2.0-72
size: 64Kytes
Summary: X authority file utility

Completed: 495 packages, 43 minutes
Remaining: 166 packages, 33 minutes

This is trying to install as a 'desktop' computer, already tried custom several times and had the exact same problem

Anyone have suggestions?
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 23:52   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
ran the cd meadia check thingy and the first time it stopped on 94% and failed it, took it out and rubbed the cd on a cloth and the next time it passed

no doubt i will have more problems later
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 21:34   #3
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
I had that problem when I installed Mandrake from ISO's I downloaded myself. The second one was corrupt, had to download it again. This was before I got broadband...

Good job I had a 20gb usb hard drive and easy access to the college PCs : )
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 16:15   #4
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
I had that problem when I installed Mandrake from ISO's I downloaded myself. The second one was corrupt, had to download it again. This was before I got broadband...

Good job I had a 20gb usb hard drive and easy access to the college PCs : )
Not heard of rsync?

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote