User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 10 Nov 2002, 14:01   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Lost teh sound.... (Audigy + win2k)

All went fine with my system the past few months, up untill today, when I booted win2k.
When I booted it, it claimed to have found new hardware (?!?!), somesort of Audio device and it asked for my audigy driver.... I thought, well, ok, let's give the damn drivers to him....
When I started my winamp after installation and pressed "play" i got the error of no audio drivers being present.
I rebooted my machine (the first thing one does when something goes wrong) and I didn't get any errors anymore. But when I played another song with winamp, I simply didn't get any sound....
I immediately thought the worst: my card died.... so I booted my winME copy to see it the I got the same problem there.... well.... no, sound worked perfectly there. I was welcomed by a loud Windows sound.
I reinstalled my drivers under win2k, and still no sound. Even after installation it still claims to have found new hardware, and then installs the drivers AGAIN.

=/

I want my sound back......
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 14:19   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Well.... downloading the newest audigy drivers seem to have done the trick (took me a fooking half hour because they throttle bandwidth!)

Still, I'll leave this thread because I'd love to know WHY the hell drivers seem to fail after an x period of time. Is this only common under Windows or do things like this happen under Linux too?