User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 22 Nov 2002, 23:33   #1
SnaarffiE

SnaarffiE is an unknown quantity at this point
ie help

hi. i downloaded a free ver o gozilla. the trial ran out and i deleted the program. now i cant download anything. any idea on how to fix it. i have tryed to remove ie 6 but there is no option to do this and the repair dont work. i have tryed to reinstall from a cd but it wont let me. also why do i keep getting the windows update box cumming up on me screen. i click to see what new there is to download but there is nothing there
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 23:55   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Let me guess.
You deleted the program as in you went into program files, and shift-deleted it yes?
Reinstall it, and remove it from add/remove programs in control panel, the proper way. I assume it's hooked the download trigger in IE, which is now trying to start a program which doesn't exist.

As for windows update, you're no doubt using a pirate copy of windows XP professional with a copied volume liscensing (aka. corperate) key. There were only about 5 of those ever leaked (since they cost the companies which purchase them one HELL of a lot of money) and MS have blacklisted them.
Well, not exactly blacklisted the key - but they have blacklisted the product ID codes the keys generate (look on the first page of the System control panel applet to see your Product ID code).

Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:44   #3
SnaarffiE

SnaarffiE is an unknown quantity at this point
i went to add remove programs to get rid of it and how would i install it gain if i cant dl stuff and im using windows 98
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 19:00   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
silly me for thinking you might have saved the installation exe?

Get it off a mate on a CDRW or summat.