User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 08:33   #251
Rumad
th0ng gimp
 
Rumad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: somewhere in th0ngland
Posts: 1,798
Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
How is it different? And no, i'm trying to "imply" that we had no contingency. I'll try to word this carefully for the benefit of yourself and others who are hard-of-thinking. Obviously 1up have contingencies - we can always approach HC of other alliances and try to negotiate deals, and technically that qualifies as a contingency. Similarly, before the round started we spoke to a number of alliances (including FanG) and agreements were reached that if a major block developed at the start of the round we'd consider cooperation to force it to split up. The start of the round has passed - and that "contingency" is no longer relevant. We have no agreements with any alliance of "if event X happens then we will do action Y together". In fact we have absolutely no agreements or arrangements of any kind with any alliance whatsoever.
If you had no contingency I would say your own lack of planning will be your own downfall. Personally I used to treat Planetarion like chess (Yes I know its sad, but for my sins I used to play at county level in the UK for a chess club up until I was 19).

You make strategic and tactical decisions. Good tactics can win a game as can a good strategy, but invariably its a mixture of the two that end up winning. In this light the same sort of planning can be transferred to PA. Its fine been tactically great and winning battles, but the strategic direction also needs to be right. Strategy will give you several avenues of actions not just the one you prefer.

Perhaps I am paying you too much credit for your past wins, but I would say that from dealing with you in the past you have a sound understanding of both. This is why I find what you say to be misleading and also in part not entirely true.

If your total reliance was on the "group" bash theory you have unnecessarily limited your own alliance choices. I tried to convince you at the round start to "firm" up your own agreement. While I think the concept was honourable, without tidying up and tieing down the agreement it was always domed to fail. The biggest hole in it always was what defined to be an alliance between alliances.

It always was going to be a group of bashed alliances that banded together to try and force there way back into it and to gte a few less incomming. In my view it was always doomed without being structured right and all alliance HC's agreeing to it publicly and supporting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
I'll try to spell this out slowly for you. When you're already actively being targetted by a number of alliances, it isn't wise to go out of your way to attack others. When I set targets I try to focus on galaxies with a number of members of alliances who we consider to be actively targetting us (as opposed to just hitting us where we're in galaxies that are nice targets). Where there's LCH in galaxies for our attacks they get hit just the same as anyone else in there. The sole exception to that is when an attack is very precisely targetted on an individual alliance, or is into a 1up galaxy - at which stage noone other than the alliance being targetted is launched on, irrespective of whether they're LCH, Vision, FanG or whoever.
I sort of agree with what you say, but then you have the flip of it. You have or are expressly targetting alliances which target you. By doing so you are essentially you're turning it into a survival fight. Alliances which are backed into a corner will always fight hardest, because failure to do so means they would be completely out of the game for the round.

So perhaps your failing is politically here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
You know fk-all about what I intend. I suspect you barely even know what your own intentions are. Your opinion of me/1up is not likely to be a determining factor in our future actions.
My intentions are to ensure my unborn baby is healthy and to make sure my gf has a great preganancy, other than that I think sometimes your PR is a little OTT by your members. Not many have had experience of dealing wih you sid or a Fury styled alliance. You are ruthless which is why your alliances are successful. What you say has some hidden motive and what you disprove or rubbish usually has some element of truth.

Your right I don't suppose my view does have a future bearing on your alliance, nor would I perceive that to be the case, but as an unallied player in this game, I have as much right to point out my views as you do to rubbish them. Thats the beauty of PA and AD - everyone can add to the discussions which for me enriches what is said.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Don't rush back on my account.
I had no intention of rushing back - I had a good night sleep and I cooked tea for my gf - some things are more important than replying to a arsey HC
__________________
No one significant ;o)
Former FAnG HC
Former JoV daddy
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 9 Jul 2004 at 09:54.
Rumad is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 09:07   #252
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 133
TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts
Re: And so it begins ...

fang cant hack it solo. You guys clearly suck. And 1up are just whinning because they get massive incoming from 3 alliances and cant cover it. They cant ally with anyone because then their whole moto of no naps no allies goes down the tubes and they become just another alliance in a block. LCH rock.
__________________
"What do atheists scream when they come?" - Bill Hicks
TouRiQueT is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 09:18   #253
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 119
waffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

And the point of this thread is? You said that Kj confirmed of a channel to plan attacks, but you only paste parts that help you out supposedly. Your word means nothing then. Show all the facts and evidence, or don't show any at all.

Why do you 1up people try to push this on all the alliance members and the community, why can't you wait for an official word from the ACCUSED - key word - ACCUSED alliances.
__________________
<cheerios> waffle, the more you talk the more stupid you make yourself look
<[DC]waffle> liar cheerios
<[DC]waffle> who names themself after a breakfast food
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 09:26   #254
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 133
TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts
Re: And so it begins ...

if you were an accused alliance HC, would you really admit to anything? especially if the only evidence is some logs?
__________________
"What do atheists scream when they come?" - Bill Hicks
TouRiQueT is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 09:31   #255
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 119
waffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouRiQueT
if you were an accused alliance HC, would you really admit to anything? especially if the only evidence is some logs?
I think you realise the answer to this question already, which makes this post completely pointless. People accuse 1up of blocking with LCH, yet they defend against that like no other. OMG, WHAT A SHOCKER. Then I get a pm from every HC of 1up when i contradict what Zh|l says about planets being marked N/A in galaxy raids 1up runs. Hrmmm, conspiracy i think?
__________________
<cheerios> waffle, the more you talk the more stupid you make yourself look
<[DC]waffle> liar cheerios
<[DC]waffle> who names themself after a breakfast food
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 09:39   #256
mazzelaar
Vitriolic
 
mazzelaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: #public
Posts: 1,506
mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle
I think you realise the answer to this question already, which makes this post completely pointless. People accuse 1up of blocking with LCH, yet they defend against that like no other. OMG, WHAT A SHOCKER. Then I get a pm from every HC of 1up when i contradict what Zh|l says about planets being marked N/A in galaxy raids 1up runs. Hrmmm, conspiracy i think?
You know damn well why you were pm'd. Because you were putting a negative spin on something simply to incite flaming.
__________________
Chief [1up] Chimp.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 09:46   #257
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 119
waffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
You know damn well why you were pm'd. Because you were putting a negative spin on something simply to incite flaming.
I was pm'ed because i was contradicting a LIE with the TRUTH. God forbid somebody actually says something truthfully on here.
__________________
<cheerios> waffle, the more you talk the more stupid you make yourself look
<[DC]waffle> liar cheerios
<[DC]waffle> who names themself after a breakfast food
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b

Last edited by waffle; 9 Jul 2004 at 09:51.
waffle is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 10:36   #258
Razorback
Eclipse High Command
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Eclipse
Posts: 1,144
Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Waffle why not take your crusade to some other board, as the relevance for you beeing kicked from 1up for whatever reasons (i wont spell it out since im quiet dissappointed in you, considereing i vouched for you) to the policial overall situation and to this topic runs straight towards 0.
Your inbread hatred might burn brightly, yet it will not convince ppl of something which is, according to others, and i use Lokken as an example as many others, not there.
As much as your every round hatreds, be it RJ or 1up are appreciated and a small fest for these boards, its simply the wrong board -> planetarion discussion.

@ Rumad, i really appreicate your lengthy reply full of completely unimportant facts about yourself and your rl. After skipping those i found the time for a brief smile when you tried to tell Sid how its right to see planetarion. Ignoring any ego drives and just stating the facts of won rounds i think you should take advice and not give it
On the otherhand walking through many of your baseless replies i would really wish you would spend some more time in the game or atleast in the community, it really hurts to read lengthy replies which are flawed by a complete lack of information or are simply based on a rumor which was old already yesterday.
If you want to post, atleast try to be in the "know" otherwise refrain to 1 liners, makes it easier to ignore or reply to them.

@ the topic: some mod should close it, its already dead since a few pages. Apparently facts are: Fang and Mistu + X have a share channel. This channel is apparently run by a mistu member (his hc deny existance so maybe they dont know about it and its not official). while Fang acknowledges its existance.
Knowing Sid he will deal with the problem and knowing his proposal im sure he will stay with his solo move unless it becomes totally inevitable to change his views. A point i personally dont see reached yet, considering if LCH overtakes 1up normally the fire should also change to LCH if that was the intentions of the coorps and blocks. If thats not the case i would make a move if i was in sids shoes.
__________________
We fight together,
We win together,
or we die together.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO


Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 10:50   #259
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: middle of uphill
Posts: 63
Methedrine is on a distinguished road
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
@ the topic: some mod should close it, its already dead since a few pages. Apparently facts are: Fang and Mistu + X have a share channel. This channel is apparently run by a mistu member (his hc deny existance so maybe they dont know about it and its not official). while Fang acknowledges its existance.
Knowing Sid he will deal with the problem and knowing his proposal im sure he will stay with his solo move unless it becomes totally inevitable to change his views. A point i personally dont see reached yet, considering if LCH overtakes 1up normally the fire should also change to LCH if that was the intentions of the coorps and blocks. If thats not the case i would make a move if i was in sids shoes.
Sorry for posting a little offtopic now, but seems like Razorback needs a little educational lesson on the english language.
  • discussion: 1. Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation. 2. A formal discourse on a topic; an exposition.
  • announcement: 1. The act of making known publicly; Something announced; A broadcast message, especially a program note or commercial. 2. An engraved or printed formal statement or notice, as of a wedding or a relocation.

Excuse me, Mr. Razorback, but this is a discussion forum. If an alliance simply wants to announce "facts" without having a discussion about them, write an article for your homepage or the uplink. So there's absolutely no reason to close this thread just because people are disagreeing with the original authors opinion (which would actually result in censorship when you deny people to state their opinion). Don't get me wrong, you can of course ask for any thread to be closed, just your argumentation to get this one closed is not just weak, it's simply not existing.
If on the other hand the intention of Sid would have been to ask the other alliance HC's for opinion, the question is raising why he didn't put a corresponding question into his initial post.
Methedrine is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:04   #260
Razorback
Eclipse High Command
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Eclipse
Posts: 1,144
Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Np heartless, dont use your gimmick account.

However the discussion moved from the initial post to "we love ND" and waffles "you all stink cause bla bla"
The topic covered a different story and hence my request, otherwise we would only have 1 big topic on AD where we all can load our drivel down into.
On a sidenote i cant help your inability to read heartless, i think all viewpoints to this topic have been expressed over and over from all sides over the last 6 pages. Jonny made a nice summary a few pages back since then no new info no new twists and deffinately no new "news" have been posted apart from repeatingly stating the same.
Furthermore i didnt say we should stop any discussion, so why you point out the meaning of this term, other than showing off your ability to use a dictionary, seems odd to me.
If you reread my statement you will find further that i infact displayed both "sides" and gave informations handed in earlier this thread from mistu (if such a channel exist its not official) and from Kj and Sid about the log.

P.S. why hiding behind a fake account, too scared to reveal yourself ?
__________________
We fight together,
We win together,
or we die together.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO


Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:12   #261
Rumad
th0ng gimp
 
Rumad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: somewhere in th0ngland
Posts: 1,798
Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
@ Rumad, i really appreicate your lengthy reply full of completely unimportant facts about yourself and your rl. After skipping those i found the time for a brief smile when you tried to tell Sid how its right to see planetarion. Ignoring any ego drives and just stating the facts of won rounds i think you should take advice and not give it
On the otherhand walking through many of your baseless replies i would really wish you would spend some more time in the game or atleast in the community, it really hurts to read lengthy replies which are flawed by a complete lack of information or are simply based on a rumor which was old already yesterday.
If you want to post, atleast try to be in the "know" otherwise refrain to 1 liners, makes it easier to ignore or reply to them.

@ the topic: some mod should close it, its already dead since a few pages. Apparently facts are: Fang and Mistu + X have a share channel. This channel is apparently run by a mistu member (his hc deny existance so maybe they dont know about it and its not official). while Fang acknowledges its existance.
Knowing Sid he will deal with the problem and knowing his proposal im sure he will stay with his solo move unless it becomes totally inevitable to change his views. A point i personally dont see reached yet, considering if LCH overtakes 1up normally the fire should also change to LCH if that was the intentions of the coorps and blocks. If thats not the case i would make a move if i was in sids shoes.
I am not going int a lengthy reply but here you go again accusing me of baseless accusations. I refer you to my other post which you fail to reply to and I would question where your facts that support my replies are baseless.

I would also like to state that you are a fine one t talk about ego, saying your reply challenged nothing in sid's post let alone had substace to refute it,

Before stating my reply talking about real life is ego please look at sid's question. I answered truthfully as to whats important. If you haven't got a gf or you are having real life problems I am sorry, but for now my rl is fine and that is my priority. Sorry if your ego took offence at it, but I just answered the question truthfully
__________________
No one significant ;o)
Former FAnG HC
Former JoV daddy
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:14   #262
Zh|l
Inquisitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,201
Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle
I think you realise the answer to this question already, which makes this post completely pointless. People accuse 1up of blocking with LCH, yet they defend against that like no other. OMG, WHAT A SHOCKER. Then I get a pm from every HC of 1up when i contradict what Zh|l says about planets being marked N/A in galaxy raids 1up runs. Hrmmm, conspiracy i think?

No, you got pmed because you were deliberately trying to incite things that were not true. Do not claim otherwise. I stated I had not seen NA in any raids which was true. When some NA appeared, I cross referenced it and found them to be small planets and generally those not worth the time or effort.

Your incitement was an attempt to point in the wrong direction (We both know what that was).

So no waffle, I did not "lie". I spoke the truth and upon realizing there was an error in it, I made sure to double check and then respond. Fact is waffle, you're a loose cannon. You are also in my own honest opinion - scum.

You have no respect for other people, nor do you any respect for authority and governing rules.
__________________
----------
That uniform you're wearing
So hot I cant stop staring.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:26   #263
Rumad
th0ng gimp
 
Rumad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: somewhere in th0ngland
Posts: 1,798
Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Its baseless when someone lacks any clue and posts over and over conspiracies which dont exist. You predicted 1up would have a secret block handy, something which failed, you predicted sid would need an excuse to block, which again failed. Come out of the woodwork and admit you failed and next time try atleast to get something with more info and facts on its legs than "i played pa a few rounds ago and i know sid, he is evil man i tell you".
Brandmarking and demonizing are your favourite tools but sadly for any of the discussions since r7 useless and widely known as bollox by the public.

No sorry im fine. Just we dont want to hear your gloating about whatever a great guy you are in RL and how much your semen rocks to produce kids which also must be great etc etc. Thats unneded info and deffinately not part of this gaming topic, because frankly noone gives a fart if you hurt yourself every day or if the sun shines out of your anus each morning. "my priorities are rl" would have been good enough for all of us instead you gloat up a simple reply with as much ego stroking and self presentation as possible.

I have not said they will have a secret block. I predicited that blocking would occur and it has.

I predicted that Sid would use that proposal to manipulate politics. he has tried and not been 100% successful.

I also se te LCH avoidance as tant amount to an agreement, but that comes down to your own personal perception.

As fr the otehr part - I replied directly to a question - wheter yu like it or not thats what I find important

Your spin fr your old alliance colleagues will always be filled with bias. FAnG isn't par of the equation for me so I can honestly say my views are not forme as part of any direct bias to anyone. Yet agin you rubbish my replies, but faile dto put anything concrete forward apart from a few flames, Perhaps its you thats misinformed?
__________________
No one significant ;o)
Former FAnG HC
Former JoV daddy
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:28   #264
Rumad
th0ng gimp
 
Rumad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: somewhere in th0ngland
Posts: 1,798
Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
focht - stop droning on about one part of one reply,

Find me a series of posts where I repeatedly make reference to these things. Otherwise STFU and get back to the supporing evidence you so seriousl think you can rubbish.
__________________
No one significant ;o)
Former FAnG HC
Former JoV daddy
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:30   #265
Razorback
Eclipse High Command
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Eclipse
Posts: 1,144
Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
foch - stop droning on about one part of one reply,

Find me a series of posts where I repeatedly make reference to these things. Otherwise STFU and get back to the supporing evidence you so seriousl think you can rubbish.
most of your posts, in every thread you replied to contain a reference to your magnificant rl.
May it be the simple fact you are an accountant or that your kid is coming soon.
Go search for them yourself or ask other ppl who read these boards frequently.
__________________
We fight together,
We win together,
or we die together.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO


Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:32   #266
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: middle of uphill
Posts: 63
Methedrine is on a distinguished road
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Np heartless, dont use your gimmick account.

However the discussion moved from the initial post to "we love ND" and waffles "you all stink cause bla bla"
The topic covered a different story and hence my request, otherwise we would only have 1 big topic on AD where we all can load our drivel down into.
On a sidenote i cant help your inability to read heartless, i think all viewpoints to this topic have been expressed over and over from all sides over the last 6 pages. Jonny made a nice summary a few pages back since then no new info no new twists and deffinately no new "news" have been posted apart from repeatingly stating the same.
Furthermore i didnt say we should stop any discussion, so why you point out the meaning of this term, other than showing off your ability to use a dictionary, seems odd to me.
If you reread my statement you will find further that i infact displayed both "sides" and gave informations handed in earlier this thread from mistu (if such a channel exist its not official) and from Kj and Sid about the log.

P.S. why hiding behind a fake account, too scared to reveal yourself ?
I do agree with you on the point that the discussion was driven away from its initial topic a bit, but it's no reason to close a thread, it's more reason to delete those off-topic comments thus the only reason for pointing out the things I did was to show you that closing a thread is the wrong approach on an issue.

P.S. who is this Heartless you are talking about? Just a question apart from the point that gimmick accounts should be deleted.
Methedrine is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:37   #267
lokken
BlueTuba
 
lokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,306
lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: And so it begins ...

i'm going to stop reading this thread and insert my head into a meat grinder
__________________
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
lokken is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 11:39   #268
Razorback
Eclipse High Command
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Eclipse
Posts: 1,144
Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I have not said they will have a secret block. I predicited that blocking would occur and it has.
Has blocking occured ? thats something new, a few pages back you defended anything against 1up is not a block. Since 1up has not formed a block, how has blocking exactly occured ?

Quote:
I predicted that Sid would use that proposal to manipulate politics. he has tried and not been 100% successful.
How are you able to manipulate something in a longterm view which can change any second with just 4 ppl agreeing ? To be blunt if you thought that sid would influence anyone who doesnt think it would be worth a try himself you are an idiot.

Quote:
I also se te LCH avoidance as tant amount to an agreement, but that comes down to your own personal perception.
There is no perception in ignoring 3 planets in 1 raid and otherwise attacking and roiding an enemy. You wish to blow it up and construct a big conspiracy on 1 single incident, feel free. Yet again remember what i said about "knowing and having a clue" you lack both. Since you a) dont know 1ups tgting and b) base all your "facts" on rumors ppl spread. Have you any gals any info to backup your claims ? if not follow your own reply and once and for all stfu.

Quote:
As fr the otehr part - I replied directly to a question - wheter yu like it or not thats what I find important
Sid didnt ask for your lifestory he asked where your priorities are, asmuch as you love to play the daft idiot, even you must have realised he meant gamewise, afterall this is a gaming forum and not rumads fanboard.

Quote:
Your spin fr your old alliance colleagues will always be filled with bias. FAnG isn't par of the equation for me so I can honestly say my views are not forme as part of any direct bias to anyone. Yet agin you rubbish my replies, but faile dto put anything concrete forward apart from a few flames, Perhaps its you thats misinformed?
Wrong again sherlock, i have no ties with 1up apart from knowing a few ppl there and having a few longtime friends playing there. Same as with many other alliances, even mistu for the record. As a conclusion dont make statements about me or my intentions because frankly, like most of the time you talk, you know fart all.
P.S. there is not much to flame rumad, you might not have realised but 99% of this board think you are a cluseless idiot. No matter what alliance they belong to or which alliance they played for in the past. Even fang does, that should give you a hint. Now go on harass us with your rl or ancient r7 stories, the single time you really have played.
__________________
We fight together,
We win together,
or we die together.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO


Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 12:17   #269
Rumad
th0ng gimp
 
Rumad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: somewhere in th0ngland
Posts: 1,798
Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
most of your posts, in every thread you replied to contain a reference to your magnificant rl.
May it be the simple fact you are an accountant or that your kid is coming soon.
Go search for them yourself or ask other ppl who read these boards frequently.
OK I am going to ignore the above, but l will give you a helping hand. Flame me all you want, I don't care, but reply on the fatcs rather than trying to get this thread closed.

First reply as to you a few pages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
FAnG stated they went solo, however if they did break their promise they outright lied, right ?
I did not include any comparison in my first reply why 1up is better or worse, i just stated that certain ppl like rumad and others who ran their mouth are apparently proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Erm pray tell where i was proven wrong?

I said I was wary of a blockless round and asked for firming up of the agreement.
None was forthcoming and I predicted it would end up the same. Blocked alliances.

The next part was that I also said that sid was using it for his own ends.
Thats pretty much true also with the avoidance of lch.

So where exactly was I proven wrong?

I also said FAnG would enter the round unallied, unless you are a moron you know that
DID happen. However contingencies are formed for a reason. Those contingent arrangements
would be to find allies to stop being bashed into the ground and after MISTU's support
last round FAnG would be senile to NOT support a old friend in a battle.
Next was my reply to sid without the bit that you seem to find contentious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
How is it different? And no, i'm trying to "imply" that we had no contingency. I'll try to word this carefully for the benefit of yourself and others who are hard-of-thinking. Obviously 1up have contingencies - we can always approach HC of other alliances and try to negotiate deals, and technically that qualifies as a contingency. Similarly, before the round started we spoke to a number of alliances (including FanG) and agreements were reached that if a major block developed at the start of the round we'd consider cooperation to force it to split up. The start of the round has passed - and that "contingency" is no longer relevant. We have no agreements with any alliance of "if event X happens then we will do action Y together". In fact we have absolutely no agreements or arrangements of any kind with any alliance whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
If you had no contingency I would say your own lack of planning will be your own downfall. Personally I used to treat Planetarion like chess (Yes I know its sad, but for my sins I used to play at county level in the UK for a chess club up until I was 19).

You make strategic and tactical decisions. Good tactics can win a game as can a good strategy, but invariably its a mixture of the two that end up winning. In this light the same sort of planning can be transferred to PA. Its fine been tactically great and winning battles, but the strategic direction also needs to be right. Strategy will give you several avenues of actions not just the one you prefer.

Perhaps I am paying you too much credit for your past wins, but I would say that from dealing with you in the past you have a sound understanding of both. This is why I find what you say to be misleading and also in part not entirely true.

If your total reliance was on the "group" bash theory you have unnecessarily limited your own alliance choices. I tried to convince you at the round start to "firm" up your own agreement. While I think the concept was honourable, without tidying up and tieing down the agreement it was always domed to fail. The biggest hole in it always was what defined to be an alliance between alliances.

It always was going to be a group of bashed alliances that banded together to try and force there way back into it and to gte a few less incomming. In my view it was always doomed without being structured right and all alliance HC's agreeing to it publicly and supporting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
I'll try to spell this out slowly for you. When you're already actively being targetted by a number of alliances, it isn't wise to go out of your way to attack others. When I set targets I try to focus on galaxies with a number of members of alliances who we consider to be actively targetting us (as opposed to just hitting us where we're in galaxies that are nice targets). Where there's LCH in galaxies for our attacks they get hit just the same as anyone else in there. The sole exception to that is when an attack is very precisely targetted on an individual alliance, or is into a 1up galaxy - at which stage noone other than the alliance being targetted is launched on, irrespective of whether they're LCH, Vision, FanG or whoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I sort of agree with what you say, but then you have the flip of it. You have or
are expressly targetting alliances which target you. By doing so you are essentially
you're turning it into a survival fight. Alliances which are backed into a corner will
always fight hardest, because failure to do so means they would be completely out of the
game for the round.

So perhaps your failing is politically here?
Now your last set of replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Has blocking occured ? thats something new, a few pages back you defended anything against 1up is not a block. Since 1up has not formed a block, how has blocking exactly occured ?
I said I didn't know if blocking had occured, but I was basically saying that co-operation as needed to ensure there survival. So yes blocking probably has occured and no its not that newer news. The real discussion is if its blocking in order to directly manipulate the round direction or whether its an alliance of convenience. I don't see much to contradict that this agreement will be in place longer than the playing field being levelled a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
How are you able to manipulate something in a long term view which can change any second with just 4 ppl agreeing ? To be blunt if you thought that sid would influence anyone who doesnt think it would be worth a try himself you are an idiot.
Not really and this is where this part of your arguments fall down. If what you say is true why did he actually try for blockless politics? If your view was consistent he would not have tried to bully politics in that direction. He had a set view on how he could manipulate the situation - if he didn't then he would never have suggested it. PA has had blocks us since round 3. Sid helped invent and develop blocks and now a sudden change of heart. I am sure enjoyment of laying went some way towards that but he also knew he would have a better chance and be able to "manipulate" politics a bit. Anything els is naivety on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
There is no perception in ignoring 3 planets in 1 raid and otherwise attacking and roiding an enemy. You wish to blow it up and construct a big conspiracy on 1 single incident, feel free. Yet again remember what i said about "knowing and having a clue" you lack both. Since you a) dont know 1ups tgting and b) base all your "facts" on rumors ppl spread. Have you any gals any info to backup your claims ? if not follow your own reply and once and for all stfu.
Thats funny focht in round four as bc for for legion I did exactly that type of attack and we DID ensure that all the alliances not attacked would not intervene.

By basically not attacking a planet you already know an agreement must be in place whether that is formal or informal. MI avoided my attacks on frucht and did not intervene because of a pre-attack agreement. Most gal mates would intervene if they can/could and that is right for a galaxies development.

I have a clue and i understand that by avoiding each other there has to be some form of agreement, I am not necessarily saying it is formal or that they share galaxy lists, just that they are "avoiding" each other.

I wont reply to the rest as its irrelevant

Stick to pertinent replies this time focht and not off the cuff flaming in an attempt to close the thread
__________________
No one significant ;o)
Former FAnG HC
Former JoV daddy
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 9 Jul 2004 at 12:53.
Rumad is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 12:29   #270
furssie
Spastic Drivel!
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: BloodFlower Village
Posts: 313
furssie can only hope to improve
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
This is exactly the reason I left MISTU.

I was disgusted with the opinion that "you have to block to win" in this game, and I still am.

Well done on messing up a round that potentially could have been a lot of fun with each alliance going solo, ROCK, MISTU and FAnG. Pathetic really, that you couldn't win on skill so had to gang up on 1 alliance. If I was a member in your alliance I'd be ashamed of those cowardly tactics.

No wonder people are jumping ship from you. I don't blame them.

I sincerely hope you get what's coming to you in the game.

Mister TomKat.

How 1337, arrogant and ellitist you are in terms of your discrimination towards the skills of other players not in your genre or level.

Considering you only got more or less 400 roids and 700k score. You're one of the liabilities in 1up score then - you have 300k+ to catch up. I highly suggest, work on your planet. There are lots of Rock/ND/Wolfpack players higher than your roid count and score (rock's average is higher than you).

Look in the mirror. You dont know what you're talkin' about.
__________________
Amnesty International || Band Aid

Last edited by furssie; 9 Jul 2004 at 13:14.
furssie is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 14:08   #271
kilroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 39
kilroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
You should read all of his posts carefully. He's denied fang have any

If you want to know the truth then there's little point you asking me - as you'll refuse to believe me anyway. As I've said before - speak to kaifux: he's in your alliance (Mistu) and can fill you in in detail on what channels were used, the long list of alliances approached etc.
"Sid", Kaifux can sit in any channel with any HC of what sort of alliance he wants. He can talk about tactics, he can talk about napping , he can talk, about taking down your Great 1up alliance. Yes he can talk about it, and yes i can do the same.
But he is not the HC and there for cant make any desicions.
There has never been any cop attacks with fang or rock.
We never have attacked with them. But like we do they will proberly (and maby all other alliances to) do the same attacking all 1up gals and members.
Maby thats the reason you think they are naped.
Dont make me laugh.

Btw charing coords from fang with other alliance how do you call that? (here you have the coords) or other words attack those fang planets.

Last edited by kilroy; 9 Jul 2004 at 14:55.
kilroy is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 14:14   #272
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !
 
Vaio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: In The Redfern
Posts: 3,790
Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: And so it begins ...

This should all boil down to 1 simple premise

Do you believe Sid or not ?

~Vaio~
__________________
The George Harrison of BlueTuba

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 14:26   #273
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: middle of uphill
Posts: 63
Methedrine is on a distinguished road
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
This should all boil down to 1 simple premise

Do you believe Sid or not ?

~Vaio~


Vaio got it to the point.

And the answer is pretty easy: There is no reason to believe Sid, just because he first didn't back up his claims and after he did it became clear that some of the people involved on this thing Sid thought about were not able to decide for their alliance (Kaifux cannot talk for MISTU, he is no HC, just like Zhil or Mazzelaar or Cayl cannot talk for 1Up).

Considering a block or cooperation requires some kind of contract to be established, and a contract requires to be made by parties which are legitimated to, thus HC. We have at least one party of those Sid names as involved which is not legitimated, therefore no contract could be made. Ultimately this leads to "there is no block" purely because of the lack of a contract. And it stays this way unless people can prove that Kaifux acted in order of the High Command (which he, judged from the current situation, did not).
Methedrine is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 15:24   #274
DiabZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 71
DiabZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Someone should make Vaio Narrator of these boards.
__________________
Paragon.
DiabZ is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 16:18   #275
ComradeRob
wasted
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Under the floorboards
Posts: 1,240
ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
This should all boil down to 1 simple premise

Do you believe Sid or not ?

~Vaio~
This isn't round 4 or something though. We have an alliance ranking, with objective measurements for each alliance. Whether you believe Forum Poster X's opinion on something is irrelevant since the basic facts are available for everyone to see.

Far from hitting the point, the question of who to believe misses it by a long way.
__________________
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 16:57   #276
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !
 
Vaio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: In The Redfern
Posts: 3,790
Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: And so it begins ...

I disagree Rob, either Sid has proof of FAnG/Mistu/Rock cooperation against 1up as he claims or he doesnt and everything he has posted is a lie. Because at the end of the day, Someone is lying.

It's quite simple really.

For what it's worth. I am of the opinion that what Sid posted isn't really a lie, more a 'misrepresentation of the facts' as he knows them.

~Vaio~
__________________
The George Harrison of BlueTuba

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 16:58   #277
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !
 
Vaio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: In The Redfern
Posts: 3,790
Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabZ
Someone should make Vaio Narrator of these boards.
What's the pay ?

~Vaio~
__________________
The George Harrison of BlueTuba

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 17:14   #278
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Back and to the left
Posts: 1,488
Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I disagree Rob, either Sid has proof of FAnG/Mistu/Rock cooperation against 1up as he claims or he doesnt and everything he has posted is a lie. Because at the end of the day, Someone is lying.
Of course someone is lying, this is AD. Whether someone is lying is irrelevant, because you can always count on someone lying. What matters is guessing the motivation behind the posts. Sid's motivation is pretty clear, he's trying to create some sort of justification for counter action. It's pretty clear that no one's buying that line, and as such one can draw the conclusion that Sid's plan has backfired. Whether or not he's lying is irrelevant, people still don't like 1up. It's that simple.
__________________
I always wanted to be a dancer, but I could never get the shit off my shoes
.......
Jester is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 17:52   #279
mazzelaar
Vitriolic
 
mazzelaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: #public
Posts: 1,506
mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methedrine


........Mazzelaar or Cayl cannot talk for 1Up).

Demoted
__________________
Chief [1up] Chimp.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 18:02   #280
Lupin
I play the double-bass.
 
Lupin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,199
Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Sid's motivation is pretty clear, he's trying to create some sort of justification for counter action.
by counter-action you mean 'building a 2nd block' (we assume block 1 exists). so if i understand you correct 1up needs an excuse to build one. could you enlightend me why they should do this (come up with an excuse)? (you know i cant think of any, while 1up is hated and the try to prolly look "good" is senseless imo)
__________________
The music called Jaazzz..

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 18:25   #281
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 119
waffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
No, you got pmed because you were deliberately trying to incite things that were not true. Do not claim otherwise. I stated I had not seen NA in any raids which was true. When some NA appeared, I cross referenced it and found them to be small planets and generally those not worth the time or effort.
I don't think you could dig through my mind and decide what i was trying to do. I was simply saying I did see N/A targets, nothing more, nothing less.

And why would people book small planets as N/A, is 1up just that good? Do the scanners never attack?
__________________
<cheerios> waffle, the more you talk the more stupid you make yourself look
<[DC]waffle> liar cheerios
<[DC]waffle> who names themself after a breakfast food
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 18:29   #282
Colt
Mercenary
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Todmorden
Posts: 1,190
Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
by counter-action you mean 'building a 2nd block' (we assume block 1 exists). so if i understand you correct 1up needs an excuse to build one. could you enlightend me why they should do this (come up with an excuse)? (you know i cant think of any, while 1up is hated and the try to prolly look "good" is senseless imo)
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=177356 <--- go read Sids proposal and you will have your answer. 1up came into this round saying they wouldn't block unless someone else did so to block first themselves would go back on what they proposed....
__________________
FAnG
Ascendancy
Apprime
Ultores
Colt is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 18:29   #283
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 119
waffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Waffle why not take your crusade to some other board, as the relevance for you beeing kicked from 1up for whatever reasons (i wont spell it out since im quiet dissappointed in you, considereing i vouched for you) to the policial overall situation and to this topic runs straight towards 0.
Your inbread hatred might burn brightly, yet it will not convince ppl of something which is, according to others, and i use Lokken as an example as many others, not there.
As much as your every round hatreds, be it RJ or 1up are appreciated and a small fest for these boards, its simply the wrong board -> planetarion discussion.

@ Rumad, i really appreicate your lengthy reply full of completely unimportant facts about yourself and your rl. After skipping those i found the time for a brief smile when you tried to tell Sid how its right to see planetarion. Ignoring any ego drives and just stating the facts of won rounds i think you should take advice and not give it
On the otherhand walking through many of your baseless replies i would really wish you would spend some more time in the game or atleast in the community, it really hurts to read lengthy replies which are flawed by a complete lack of information or are simply based on a rumor which was old already yesterday.
If you want to post, atleast try to be in the "know" otherwise refrain to 1 liners, makes it easier to ignore or reply to them.

@ the topic: some mod should close it, its already dead since a few pages. Apparently facts are: Fang and Mistu + X have a share channel. This channel is apparently run by a mistu member (his hc deny existance so maybe they dont know about it and its not official). while Fang acknowledges its existance.
Knowing Sid he will deal with the problem and knowing his proposal im sure he will stay with his solo move unless it becomes totally inevitable to change his views. A point i personally dont see reached yet, considering if LCH overtakes 1up normally the fire should also change to LCH if that was the intentions of the coorps and blocks. If thats not the case i would make a move if i was in sids shoes.
Sad to say, my posts do have relevance to the topics I post in. Just because I don't want 1up to win, doesn't mean i can make any on-topic posts, which I think mine have been. .

I appreciate you vouching for me, but I guess it was a worthless vouch, cuz I was worthless to the alliance.

Why should I post all this in Planetarion discussion - I was kicked from 1up - an ALLIANCE. I think this is the right board.
__________________
<cheerios> waffle, the more you talk the more stupid you make yourself look
<[DC]waffle> liar cheerios
<[DC]waffle> who names themself after a breakfast food
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 18:32   #284
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Back and to the left
Posts: 1,488
Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
by counter-action you mean 'building a 2nd block' (we assume block 1 exists). so if i understand you correct 1up needs an excuse to build one. could you enlightend me why they should do this (come up with an excuse)? (you know i cant think of any, while 1up is hated and the try to prolly look "good" is senseless imo)
Actually counteraction in this case doesn't at all rely on a block existing. 1up are losing roids and losing their position. They need to counteract the momentum against them. However, due to the premise Sid set when he announced 1up, there'd be a massive backlash if they were the first alliance to create a block. The justification is basically to make sure people don't take a 1up block as an excuse to make a bad situation worse.

I honestly think that Sid is greedy* enough that he doesn't want a large block beating the crap out of mistu; He'd rather 1up get those roids. I think this is a positive thing, a large block in this case wouldn't really be much fun for either side. However, if he creates a small block, he risks the remaining alliances joining mistu's side just to counter 'the 1up threat'. So by announcing publicly that he seems to hope that either someone else will deal with it, or those others will allow him to deal with it. I think he'd prefer the latter, as mistu have a nice amount of roids.

[Edit]: And what Colt said.
__________________
I always wanted to be a dancer, but I could never get the shit off my shoes
.......
Jester is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 18:34   #285
Auda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 27
Auda is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Can't be bothered reading past page 2 as its all repeated crap, cos being the mental age of 2 y'all can't forumulate decent sentances past throwing random accusations at each other with no substantial proof, partly cos this is the net and u can't get any, whch really rather makes this whole thread pointless, and I guess the aim was to make 1up look good, well that sorta backfired, and I don't really see why ur moaning, the only ally to do any good is LCH, MISTU n Co. would need to do alot better to get anywhere. 1up just need to deal with it in what ever way they see fit, and we can all go back to being bored and not reading AD

Please note this is entirely my own view and is not directed against, at or with any of the named alliances (cos that would be hypocritical)

Audaciter.
__________________
Audaciter
Master of the Deranged Generation :gollum:
Auda is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 19:01   #286
Boogster
I dunno...
 
Boogster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manchester
Posts: 1,502
Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle
I don't think you could dig through my mind and decide what i was trying to do. I was simply saying I did see N/A targets, nothing more, nothing less.

And why would people book small planets as N/A, is 1up just that good? Do the scanners never attack?
Poppycock.

I'm going to follow lokken's course of action. I just need a meat-grinder. Anyone got one spare?
__________________
He shall drink naught but brine, for I'll not show him / Where the quick freshes are.
Boogster is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 19:34   #287
Jackal2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 475
Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Re: And so it begins ...

is it possible to put a person on the forums on ignore? getting tired of waffles yappin'

[edit: found it -> profile -> Buddy / Ignore Lists -> waffle]

or simply click this link: http://pirate.planetarion.com/profil...ignore&u=79477
__________________
Still not banned wtf!??
-Lord Dain
Jackal2112 is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 19:41   #288
TheRat
Retired
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 642
TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of
Re: And so it begins ...

Might wanna add spacecookie to that one too.
__________________
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 19:46   #289
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cornwall, england
Posts: 244
virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts
Re: And so it begins ...

brillant post very handy thanks for that little tip.....
__________________
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 20:50   #290
Zh|l
Inquisitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,201
Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Of course someone is lying, this is AD. Whether someone is lying is irrelevant, because you can always count on someone lying. What matters is guessing the motivation behind the posts. Sid's motivation is pretty clear, he's trying to create some sort of justification for counter action. It's pretty clear that no one's buying that line, and as such one can draw the conclusion that Sid's plan has backfired. Whether or not he's lying is irrelevant, people still don't like 1up. It's that simple.
Actually, it was more a statement than anything.

Regardless, Planetarion never ceases to amaze me for stupidity within the commands of other alliances.
__________________
----------
That uniform you're wearing
So hot I cant stop staring.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 20:51   #291
Zh|l
Inquisitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,201
Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle
I don't think you could dig through my mind and decide what i was trying to do. I was simply saying I did see N/A targets, nothing more, nothing less.

And why would people book small planets as N/A, is 1up just that good? Do the scanners never attack?
I wasn't born yesterday waffle.

Good riddance to you. Now run along boy.
__________________
----------
That uniform you're wearing
So hot I cant stop staring.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 22:40   #292
Legator
Pr0nstar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Look at Galstatus
Posts: 1,005
Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Demoted
your still my favorite :/
__________________
Ascendancy FTW !!!!!!
Reunion FDS !
Proud to be Founder and Member of VisioN
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 23:39   #293
Axis_WLF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 369
Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Hard to sift through 6 pages. Can I get a brief summary?
__________________
r1 ??:??:?? Phalanx_WLF of Kadan
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline  
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 23:50   #294
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !
 
Vaio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: In The Redfern
Posts: 3,790
Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: And so it begins ...

Basically, everyone except me, Rob, Zhil (whose actually a nice guy pretending to be EVIL), Jester, All Of ND and Methedrine smell of wee, Someone told a big bad fat smelly lie and Bluetuba will win this round. (Hurrah !)

~Vaio~
__________________
The George Harrison of BlueTuba

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline  
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 01:18   #295
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !
 
Kjeldoran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,269
Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I disagree Rob, either Sid has proof of FAnG/Mistu/Rock cooperation against 1up as he claims or he doesnt and everything he has posted is a lie. Because at the end of the day, Someone is lying.

It's quite simple really.

For what it's worth. I am of the opinion that what Sid posted isn't really a lie, more a 'misrepresentation of the facts' as he knows them.

~Vaio~
you know what's simple? The fact that only I and Sid know what's been said in that pm, and that EACH AND EVERY OF YOU are taking wild guesses or believe whatever you want to believe ...

What good would it do if you guys know what's it all about nway? to troll some more?
__________________
Former Angels CEO/HC - retired! as of round 16.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline  
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 01:30   #296
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !
 
Vaio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: In The Redfern
Posts: 3,790
Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: And so it begins ...

Then both you and Sid could do worse than say exactly what was said in the PM and end quite a lot of pointless speculation.

Or do you have something to hide ? (Not suggesting anything, I just want to stimulate more debate)

~Vaio~
__________________
The George Harrison of BlueTuba

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline  
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 01:37   #297
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !
 
Kjeldoran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,269
Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: And so it begins ...

A smart reader can draw his conclussions from what I've initially posted and what sid has. I'm sure you have aswell. Only the trolls seem to have a hard time comprehending.

If I had something to hide, I'd sure run to an hostile HC and tell him all about it ... Doesn't really make sence to me but nevermind.
__________________
Former Angels CEO/HC - retired! as of round 16.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline  
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 04:09   #298
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cornwall, england
Posts: 244
virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts
Re: And so it begins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
A smart reader can draw his conclussions from what I've initially posted and what sid has. I'm sure you have aswell. Only the trolls seem to have a hard time comprehending.

If I had something to hide, I'd sure run to an hostile HC and tell him all about it ... Doesn't really make sence to me but nevermind.
KJ it makes alot of sense really you like the attention you get from it & like what about last round when you tried to urge on Mistu & FAnG to attack phraktos.
You my friend have a ego the size of yeh's & that is saying something
__________________
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline  
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 05:42   #299
Axis_WLF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 369
Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: And so it begins ...

Can I form a block now?
__________________
r1 ??:??:?? Phalanx_WLF of Kadan
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline  
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 08:58   #300
The_Fish
ND
 
The_Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Amazingstoke
Posts: 2,235
The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: And so it begins ...

yes. but not a permanent one.
__________________
[ND]
The_Fish is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2018