User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 May 2004, 11:02   #101
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road
Re: Phraktos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Cretin.

I rate Vsn as probably the best alliance of this round with ND a close second, I shan't go through the reasons as they have been discussed elsewhere. But by your logic they can't be because they didn't win. Says whole bunch about the FAnG mentality tbh.

Definition of "best" by netlexicon: the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others; "he could beat the best of them"
So this is not even subjective and totally out of question as your personal preferences and indispositions are completly irrelevant

Vision earned some respect, I wont deny, but if they were the best alliance they would have won the round.

Quote:
On another note you have really got to get that Fury chip off your shoulder. I don't, never have, never will strike similarities between Fury and anything this round. To do so would be pointless. More to the point answering every single post I make with some anti-fury arse is just making you look even more bitter than we all know you are.
I dont have to stand for insulting you, starting flame threads, commenting every thread about a certain alliance with brickbats unlike some other posters around.

Just check the boards and count the pure amount of flame-threads started by Fury members and compare them to the amount of Flame threads given in reply (!) Fury is disbanded; their views and opinions were surely of particular importance in former rounds, but right now all they do is grouching and whining while referring to their past glory.

Who is bittered?
All I do is reacting to your false accusations, and if you indeed come up with such accusations in every single post I will go into detail and blow all your misrepresentations in little bits if needed - in every single post you make.

Last edited by LEFF|pm; 11 May 2004 at 11:21.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 11:12   #102
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
Definition "best" by netlexicon: the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others; "he could beat the best of them"
So this is not even subjective and totally out of question as your personal preferences and indispositions are completly irrelevant

Vision earned some respect, I wont deny, but if they were the best alliance they would have won the round.

I dont have to stand for insulting you, starting flame threads, commenting every thread about a certain alliance with brickbats unlike some other posters around.

Just check the boards and count the pure amount of flame-threads started by Fury members and compare them to the amount of Flame threads given in reply (!)
Who is bittered?
All I do is reacting to your false accusations, and if you indeed come up such accusations in every single post I will go into detail and blow all your feigned misrepresentations in little blits if needed.

If could understand a single word of what you were saying then I'd probably respond with something relevent. You have to understand that just because you use long words it doesn't make you intelligent, although spelling them correctly helps

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 11:24   #103
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

ownage move, too bad I wasn´t around at the time

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 11:26   #104
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Is my spelling that bad or cant you just think of an answer?

doesnt matter.... need to catch the bus
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 11:41   #105
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rember
wasn't it possible it was asked because the ones still in phraktos were known then?

;-)
Like you didnt know your gal m8 would still be Phraktos or not?

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 13:31   #106
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas

lo Desse btw

Lo jonas.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 19:27   #107
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Brickbats is the word of the day. Thanks LEFF.
Unread 11 May 2004, 19:50   #108
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Actually I find this blatant rumour-mongoring to to be the most disgusting
Ok, so i'm rumour-mongering. Let's try some news-scans and see whether my rumours of farming (alongside protection) could possibly be more than just rumours.

News-scan of planet A (ex-Phraktos in a large MFP galaxy who hasn't received inbound):
http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/show...n_id=603444024

News-scan of planet B (ex-Phraktos being roided for free by planet A):
http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/show...n_id=194057709

News-scan of planet C (planet to which planet B ran some ships):
http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/show...n_id=477962768

Now to explain a few things. Planets A and B are both Phraktos (or ex-Phraktos) - and both are largish xans. Planet A attacks planet B with a small elaphe/pod fleet - the sort of fleet that any xan with more than 1 million fleet value could kill without breaking a sweat. At eta 0 planet B (the target) runs all of his ships which could possibly harm the attacker on defend to a planet with no inbound at the time. Could there be a more blatant case of farming? And which of MF is it that's going to let their loyal members be overtaken by some farming member of another alliance who defects?

You'll notice that planet B's remaining ships were at base - so it's not just a case of he launched the wrong fleet. And even if he had launched the wrong fleet, his attacker had no way of knowing that he'd launched anything - so what possible reason would compel him to land a fleet that would die for sure vs his target?
Unread 11 May 2004, 20:01   #109
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Whats that I hear - "there isn't enough evidence"

Well cover me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes, what a suprise

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 11 May 2004, 20:06   #110
fuz

fuz is an unknown quantity at this point

busted

fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 21:37   #111
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I am sorry for al those members - FAnG knows what its like fr there HC t throw a spastic and then the round go's under.
In round 10 FAnG was slowly losing ground to EET, they were losing slowly but inevitably and the command simply couldnt handle the pressure in the end. Phraktos however has been sitting on a throne all round fighting on the winning side of the blockwar and crumble in like what? a day? without putting up an inch of resistance at all. You can't compare those imo.
Unread 12 May 2004, 02:29   #112
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
In round 10 FAnG was slowly losing ground to EET, they were losing slowly but inevitably and the command simply couldnt handle the pressure in the end.
Don't wanna discuss this too much but FAnG didn't crumble under EET pressure. It is by far THE reason why we ended like that. Sure EET had a contribution to it, I won't deny that but if you were a member (meaning active and doin other stuff then spying) then you'd have realized that EET was only one of the many concerns, hardly THE most important one.
We were not afraid to fight EET, we had fun doin so and I believe EET can say the same about us.

Nway, this is just me clarifying some things about last round, believe it or not, that's upto you.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 07:00   #113
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Don't wanna discuss this too much but FAnG didn't crumble under EET pressure. It is by far THE reason why we ended like that. Sure EET had a contribution to it, I won't deny that but if you were a member (meaning active and doin other stuff then spying) then you'd have realized that EET was only one of the many concerns, hardly THE most important one.
We were not afraid to fight EET, we had fun doin so and I believe EET can say the same about us.

Nway, this is just me clarifying some things about last round, believe it or not, that's upto you.
Yes, we were gaining ground on FAnG, but I"m sure that's not the reason that's why they folded. I do believe that in the end that Eclipse would have passed fang(thanks to the great attacks set up by Forest).

It was a blast battling fang during r10. My galaxy had a good mix, half on the EET side, and half on the Fang/Dragon side. Was fun. . I sure do miss those days. .
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 07:10   #114
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Yer.... I miss my in gal scan bitch

And it was only Ecl and Dragons =p Ely members left I think.
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 07:12   #115
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

i miss fighting fang, they truly were my enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 07:14   #116
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Maybe you should play again then, lam0r oO
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 07:17   #117
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe..FAnG cant handle me tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 08:22   #118
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
In round 10 FAnG was slowly losing ground to EET, they were losing slowly but inevitably and the command simply couldnt handle the pressure in the end. Phraktos however has been sitting on a throne all round fighting on the winning side of the blockwar and crumble in like what? a day? without putting up an inch of resistance at all. You can't compare those imo.
whp said i was alking about round 10 - pick most rounds between 8-10 and you have a winner :P
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 08:28   #119
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
whp said i was alking about round 10 - pick most rounds between 8-10 and you have a winner :P
I think he might have been referring to the posts between me and Leff

Quote:

Last edited by mazzelaar; 12 May 2004 at 08:34. Reason: wrong damn names
Unread 12 May 2004, 08:40   #120
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFF|pm
Definition of "best" by netlexicon: the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others; "he could beat the best of them"

OK, how about a rough metaphor...

A battlecruiser with 50 heavy guns goes up against 5 normal cruisers, each with 30 heavy guns. The speed and resilience of each of the ships is identical, and assuming they're forced into a straight exchange of fire... The battlecruiser has 50 guns compared to the 150 on the other cruisers, in effect, the other cruisers have an advantage to the scale of _9_ (Not 3, I can explain the maths if anyone doesn't know why already). And they will almost definitely win this fight.

However, which is the best ship? The one with 50 guns, or the one with 30 guns? They're perfectly equal in every other regard...

Note: I am not saying that this is directly applicable, but it is something to consider...

[ND]Gate
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 09:34   #121
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
I think he might have been referring to the posts between me and Leff
maybe or maybe he assumed I was referencing one of the 2 rounds i wasn't hc of
Proud to be Independent
Unread 12 May 2004, 11:03   #122
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
A battlecruiser with 50 heavy guns goes up against 5 normal cruisers, each with 30 heavy guns. The speed and resilience of each of the ships is identical, and assuming they're forced into a straight exchange of fire... The battlecruiser has 50 guns compared to the 150 on the other cruisers, in effect, the other cruisers have an advantage to the scale of _9_ (Not 3, I can explain the maths if anyone doesn't know why already). And they will almost definitely win this fight.

However, which is the best ship? The one with 50 guns, or the one with 30 guns? They're perfectly equal in every other regard...

Note: I am not saying that this is directly applicable, but it is something to consider...

This is true if you consider #1 alliance (the battlecruiser) being gangbanged by the #2/3/4/5/6 alliances ( the 5 Cruiser hitting him in same time).

But in term of force and firepower, i dont think #4 is the same as #1
Unread 12 May 2004, 11:19   #123
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
This is true if you consider #1 alliance (the battlecruiser) being gangbanged by the #2/3/4/5/6 alliances ( the 5 Cruiser hitting him in same time).

But in term of force and firepower, i dont think #4 is the same as #1
There are variables to this which need to be factored in:

Not all score equatesto ships, alliances become less active as the round progresses so the masses are harder to motivate to launch and ofcourse the logistical planning that is needed for what is suggested.

Then you have variables like will the top alliance over defend or will the smaller alliances oversend and ruin the cap. Also Galaxy and friend defence.

Its much more difficult than the analogy and the factor is much lower with all the variables included
Proud to be Independent