User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2005, 21:57   #1
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough
exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTD
Explaining Galaxy Exile: If you cannot exile someone due to the number of planets in your galaxy it means that you are currently eligible to receive new planets in your galaxy - so you would not gain anything by exiling anyone.
From this i understand that you can only exile down to a certain level, why is this now the case, if you just want to exile 7 n00bs on 50 roids you should be allowed too. You have already made it hard enough to exile n00b inactives by requiring all 4 ministers to sign up for the exile. why make it harder for middle ranked galkaxies to get more actives in after all this will not affect the actives as they have ppl willing to get up at the beep of an SMS to do things. all these new "ideas" on exiling have done is made it harder for middle ranked galaxies to keep up with the top galaxy by getting a good complement of players.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 03:50   #2
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: exile

I am pretty sure this is implemented so that not 4 people can exile and ruin an entire gal just cause they - feel like it-

Smart thing to do imo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 04:17   #3
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
From this i understand that you can only exile down to a certain level, why is this now the case, if you just want to exile 7 n00bs on 50 roids you should be allowed too. You have already made it hard enough to exile n00b inactives by requiring all 4 ministers to sign up for the exile. why make it harder for middle ranked galkaxies to get more actives in after all this will not affect the actives as they have ppl willing to get up at the beep of an SMS to do things. all these new "ideas" on exiling have done is made it harder for middle ranked galaxies to keep up with the top galaxy by getting a good complement of players.
Its to make it easier for new players, so that they wont get exiled across the universe, without posibility to get to know people.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 09:04   #4
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

That's exactly what it is and tbh I don't like it one bit. Because of my bad luck I get in worse and more worse gals in recent rounds. My hands are more and more tied when it comes to try and make something of my galaxy.This is becoming so frustrating.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 11:00   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

ok let me explain better, maybe this time i'll make sense

a galaxy is eligbale to receive new players if it is in the bottom 25% by number of planets. It does not matter how many spaces it has, it is equaly likely to get a new planet as any other galaxy in the bottom 25%.

a galaxy canot exile people if it is in the bottom 15% - if it is in the bottom 15% is is allready eligible to get new planets, so there is no purpose in further exiles.

This does a number of things - forces carful thought about exiling, so galaxies think about who they want to exile, at the same time it means people who have just signed up get a bit more time to proove they may actualy become decent active players.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 11:37   #6
Lokie

Lokie is on a distinguished road

sounds fair to me.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 11:58   #7
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
so there is no purpose in further exiles.
incorrect!, there is a purpose to new exiles, to get rid of known inactives whilst all your ministers are online to exile. this [sarcasm]"wonderful"[/sarcasm] idea about needing all 4 ministers to exile has already made exiling a lot more difficult. however now with timezones and work commitments for moderately active galaxies there may only be one oppertunity a weak to get exiles done at weekends. I for one tend to pick ministers so that there is almoast always a minister online (hence they are not all online together for prolongued periods of time all week).

correct that you can put someone up for exile then ppl vote as they come online at a rate of approx 1 per day, however if someone was up for exile and i came o/l i would just automaticaly vote tbh, i wouldnt bother wasting a whole day trying to fight the corner of a newer player. when if they were all done together whilst ministers were o/l together i might try.

for all the pain in the a** it causes to save possibly one player from being exiled for maybe a day when he is just going to be exiled anyway is it really worth it tbh ???
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 15:53   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

u don;t need ot be able to exile quickly now though as it probably won;t let u exile quickly anyway. the point is to make exiling require some actual thought and for it to be the wish of the galaxy not just 1 buddy pack

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote