User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:31   #151
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Declaration of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Even so, it doesn't move away from the fact that you've ****ed up on many other levels.

If there's anyone you should be chastising it's the Angels HC who got themselves into this mess.
can u explain what this 'mess' is i would like very much to know
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:41   #152
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
can u explain what this 'mess' is i would like very much to know
This mess?
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:00   #153
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

And it all started so well (((

Poor rich ((
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:02   #154
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Sometimes I wish all the coherant and astute HC weren't so coherant and astute. Then we wouldn't all be on 1 side :/

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:13   #155
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

you're classing yourself as coherent and astute?

no comment
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:31   #156
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

I'm not on the side that had a member alliance losing 25% of their roids in one night.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:40   #157
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

in one night yes, but i bet collectively Angels have not lost more roids than a few of the others
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:45   #158
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
in one night yes, but i bet collectively Angels have not lost more roids than a few of the others
Yes and instead of falling back and regroup, Angels "give up" winning and start a suicide mission. This whole mess could probably been over and done with by now and we could all set out attention on that #1 spot again. Unfortunately that is not so!
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:49   #159
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Yes and instead of falling back and regroup, Angels "give up" winning and start a suicide mission. This whole mess could probably been over and done with by now and we could all set out attention on that #1 spot again. Unfortunately that is not so!
Don't believe everything written on AD. You all seem to talk about Angels quitting and folding and no longer care to play etc ... which idiot came up with such things?

giving up is not something we know, so rest assure we won't.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:58   #160
Gumbie
SiN HC

I hope they don't suicide this early. And if I recall correctly, coming back from serious defecit isn't impossible in this game.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:03   #161
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Don't believe everything written on AD. You all seem to talk about Angels quitting and folding and no longer care to play etc ... which idiot came up with such things?

That idiot would be you sir! You made it sound like (in pm last night) you had no chance for #1 anymore and therefore would focus on 1up. And when I said winning I meant ending #1, not beat 1up.

Last edited by Treveler; 13 Apr 2005 at 15:09.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:03   #162
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
FAnG anyone?

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:08   #163
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well you did in pm last night. You made it sound like you had no chance for #1 anymore and therefore would focus on 1up. And when I said winning I meant ending #1, not beat 1up.
We all have our dissappointed moments don't we. And yes, winning this round won't be for us but it never was an option anyway. Reaching our expectations is still doable, be it harder atm but not impossible.

and no, our only goal isn't to beat 1up. Whatever other pple make you believe or whatever rumour you seem to prefer ...

theRat, lame dig. We're not FAnG, if you're too retarded to see that then that's your problem (sorry for the harsh words).

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:12   #164
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

if you don't want people to be confused, maybe you shouldn't hang out in #fang... and maybe pick a name thats less of a tie in.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:14   #165
Holyboy
pe0n

if 1up decides to concentrate completely on us and let the other allies grow then I don't see how we can be the ones accused of political suicide...
[HomaX] Forever!
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:14   #166
Treveler

Quote:
and no, our only goal isn't to beat 1up. Whatever other pple make you believe or whatever rumour you seem to prefer ...
Well call me a cuddely codoo with cream on top, but I definitely got that impression from the thread starter.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:15   #167
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyboy
if 1up decides to concentrate completely on us and let the other allies grow then I don't see how we can be the ones accused of political suicide...
Are we focusing 100% on you?

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:17   #168
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
if you don't want people to be confused, maybe you shouldn't hang out in #fang... and maybe pick a name thats less of a tie in.
#Angels is regged by some inactive dude who gets online once a month which is enough for him to keep the rights over the channel

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:17   #169
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Well call me a cuddely codoo with cream on top, but I definitely got that impression from the thread starter.
Are you selectively deaf? ifnot, then read what I told you in pm and stop this nonsence thankyou.

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:18   #170
Treveler

Quote:
I believe that was mainly done to prove a point. If you join the "enemy", our side have the power to hurt you badly.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:20   #171
Treveler

Quote:
Are you selectively deaf?
I dont read with my ears sir!

It might be a good idea to share that info with you HC too next time.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:43   #172
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

It might be a good idea to share that info with you HC too next time.
Thx for reminding me, didn't occur to me ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:06   #173
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

i think WP/HR and Exil really watch this thread with a lot of amusement
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:11   #174
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I agree totally.

Now read my very first post in this thread - and you'll see i state there that we'll continue to set our targets based on the political situation and the attractiveness of targets whether or not Angels solely target us or not. We won't let some declaration of war from an alliance we're already fighting impact our strategic/tactical decisions.

Last night I'd estimate 1/4 of 1up's attacks were on Angels - definitely no more than 1/3. Because you didn't warrant any more attention than that.

Rest assured: we won't commit political suicide as a response to one of your HC posting in the heat of the moment. I've never said we will focus on Angels for the rest of the round, no 1up member has said we will - and we won't. As with all hostile alliances we'll target you purely based on the level of irritation you cause us, the attractiveness of you as targets and the political benefit of doing so dictates.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:14   #175
CryBaby
Pe0n

CryBaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
I think they do

- Albert Einstein

[Pe0n]
Proud to be a Wolf in [Wolfpack]
CryBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:14   #176
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Are you selectively deaf? ifnot, then read what I told you in pm and stop this nonsence thankyou.
You see Kjeldoran, this is where your entire arugments fall down.

There's no consistency in whatever Angels HC say, and it's pretty easy to manipulate or use (depends which perspective you are posting from) what one angels HC says against the other.

Seriously, you need to get better at PR. If you need help, me and my associates are available at reasonable rates. We'll be happy to set up a paypal to receive payment.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:46   #177
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
FAnG anyone?
elysium ne1?
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:51   #178
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

r11, we challenged ourselves to win without blocking. We consider this point proved.
r12, we challenged ourselves to win at 2/3 strength. We consider ths point proved.
r13, our motives were not publically declared. We saw which way the wind was blowing and adjusted our plans accordingly. We're not denying or obscuring the fact that we're in a block.

Or you could say; we adjust to the situation in hand, we block if we have to – to win is everything!

Fewer lines same meaning!
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:51   #179
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

There's no consistency in whatever Angels HC say, and it's pretty easy to manipulate or use (depends which perspective you are posting from) what one angels HC says against the other.

Seriously, you need to get better at PR. If you need help, me and my associates are available at reasonable rates. We'll be happy to set up a paypal to receive payment.
You very well know this is an isolated, one time, situation. It's not like Angels has ever posted on AD before nway. You as always just make it sound more important then it is.

Tbh this thread is the result of a poor initial post and then a sequence of trolling, flaming, clueless behavior and bad modding. But why would this thread be any different from another then I'd ask ... Isn't this always the case?

And yes, our PR sucks, we got no political masterminds in Angels. Nor has for instance ND or any alliance bar 1.

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:52   #180
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
elysium ne1?
Beer anyone?
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 16:58   #181
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:

because your the best there is, ur views are unbiased and u stick to the facts. Go for it Kj
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 17:16   #182
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
because your the best there is, ur views are unbiased and u stick to the facts. Go for it Kj
Having a go at Lokken (who isn't even playing this round) isn't going to get you anywhere. His view on Angels is uncompromising, but there's very little about it that you could seriously disagree with.

Whilst I'm sure Angels don't want to hear advice, certainly not publicly, it would be wise to accept that mistakes were made and that perhaps joining a block wasn't a smart move.

The way I see it, Angels were (in part at least) motivated by a desire to "come off the fence" - someone mentioned earlier that they feared losing the respect of other alliances by not taking a side. The decision to take a side was not an entirely bad one; on the face of it, Angels joined a competent block that looked like having a good chance of winning. The problem is that they would always be the latecomers to the block, the first to be kicked and roided once the good targets run out. And, by being the latecomers they also drew the short straw in targetting, having to hit 1up and run a substantial risk of retaliation.

A far better tactic would have been to play the other blocks off against each other and exploit the divisions between them, perhaps assisting the losing side from time to time in order to maintain a balance of power. Of course, that's quite hard to do in practice and requires excellent timing and judgement, not to mention a fair bit of luck, as is always the case when depending on the actions of others.

Ultimately, the opinions of armchair AD posters like me are not what will determine Angels policy. You guys have to do that for yourselves. But that doesn't mean that you should flame or insult people who are offering genuine constructive criticism. Nor should you reply "we don't do politics", because every alliance has to do politics. This round is far from over, and Angels can still recover a strong position. I won't try to tell Angels how they should do this, but I think some reflection and consideration of the last few days might be helpful in deciding the way forward.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 17:16   #183
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I beleive pilkara will be watched over the next few days to see how things are going.

This has been the most roid swapping round i have ever seen.

Sandmans > Pilkara
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 17:19   #184
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
Sandmans > Pilkara
Yes i know :P
Sandman = The l33t

Hiya sandman btw fear my harpys :P

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 17:26   #185
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Having a go at Lokken (who isn't even playing this round) isn't going to get you anywhere. His view on Angels is uncompromising, but there's very little about it that you could seriously disagree with.

Whilst I'm sure Angels don't want to hear advice, certainly not publicly, it would be wise to accept that mistakes were made and that perhaps joining a block wasn't a smart move.

The way I see it, Angels were (in part at least) motivated by a desire to "come off the fence" - someone mentioned earlier that they feared losing the respect of other alliances by not taking a side. The decision to take a side was not an entirely bad one; on the face of it, Angels joined a competent block that looked like having a good chance of winning. The problem is that they would always be the latecomers to the block, the first to be kicked and roided once the good targets run out. And, by being the latecomers they also drew the short straw in targetting, having to hit 1up and run a substantial risk of retaliation.

A far better tactic would have been to play the other blocks off against each other and exploit the divisions between them, perhaps assisting the losing side from time to time in order to maintain a balance of power. Of course, that's quite hard to do in practice and requires excellent timing and judgement, not to mention a fair bit of luck, as is always the case when depending on the actions of others.

Ultimately, the opinions of armchair AD posters like me are not what will determine Angels policy. You guys have to do that for yourselves. But that doesn't mean that you should flame or insult people who are offering genuine constructive criticism. Nor should you reply "we don't do politics", because every alliance has to do politics. This round is far from over, and Angels can still recover a strong position. I won't try to tell Angels how they should do this, but I think some reflection and consideration of the last few days might be helpful in deciding the way forward.
The point is Lokken offers no constructive criticism. I'm sorry but he's a very biassed poster and will always be one, just as I will be a biassed poster aswell. I know Lokken is your friend, so I understand you're trying to "protect" him.
I wouldn't call any of his posts contructive, in this thread.

99% of the AD posters have never been in a command position and have no clue what it's all about, so taking advice from pple here is not needed. If I want advice, I'll pm the pple and ask.

I think I fairly agreed that mistakes have been made but as usual, AD makes everything look 50 times worse. I understand 1up uses this thread as it's great PR for them but pple should learn not to exaggerate all the time.

Mistakes have been made, just as ND, LCH and co made mistakes last round. It won't kill us and I wouldn't call it a screw up either. You all act like making mistakes has never happened before ... Even 1up makes them.

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 17:33   #186
Alki
Drink is Good

AD is dead, every1 has to squeeze dry the new threads or we'd go mentally insane
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 18:47   #187
Holyboy
pe0n

Quote:

I'm not Angels HC and don't speak for them in any way on the forums, i'm merely trying to put across the situation as i see it and as i was involved in.

I post my own personal opinion and comments, obviously these will be about Angels as that's my home atm but they in no way represent Angels...
[HomaX] Forever!
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 18:58   #188
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
I hope they don't suicide this early.
I would strongly suggest they do not suicide at all, and leave that to the professionals.

Trust me, we're good at that stuff.

More on-topic: I can't say I really care alot about this "war" Angels started against 1up, looking at the alliance rankings this is not part of the bigger picture at all. I wish Angels the best of luck, and I think they'll need it.

For now; let your ships do the talking, the "discussion" in this thread is absolutely leading nowhere.

Hook
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 19:06   #189
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Omg this thread is great, hasn't been this amusing on since PAX began Well, maybe Zhil's slipup
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 19:56   #190
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
elysium ne1?
What a fantastic insult you found there. Now tell me which round it happened, please.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 20:24   #191
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Mistakes have been made, just as ND, LCH and co made mistakes last round. It won't kill us and I wouldn't call it a screw up either. You all act like making mistakes has never happened before ... Even 1up makes them.
Of course mistakes have been made by every alliance. But most alliances, when they make a mistake, don't get a HC to make a post on AD that invites the rest of the universe to laugh at them. That's why this one is different - because a HC of the alliance who made the mistake decided that it warranted being discussed and analysed on AD.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:02   #192
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
1)The point is Lokken offers no constructive criticism. I'm sorry but he's a very biassed poster and will always be one, just as I will be a biassed poster aswell. I know Lokken is your friend, so I understand you're trying to "protect" him.
I wouldn't call any of his posts contructive, in this thread.

2) 99% of the AD posters have never been in a command position and have no clue what it's all about, so taking advice from pple here is not needed. If I want advice, I'll pm the pple and ask.

3) I think I fairly agreed that mistakes have been made but as usual, AD makes everything look 50 times worse. I understand 1up uses this thread as it's great PR for them but pple should learn not to exaggerate all the time.
1) The fact is, had Angels not exposed their litany of errors to me via pm or indeed on the forum, I wouldn't be slaughtering you utterly, not because of who you are, as quite frankly i don't care, but for what you actually did and revealed to me either personally or in the public domain. The impression i have got from FAnG/Angels whoever is that I'm only biased when I decide against them in my favour. There are a few occaisons where i've disagreed with 1up, and in fact i've banned more members of ND (2) than any other alliance. Anyone who i even thought was hinting at preferential treatment got told to **** off.

Please differentiate: my modding is totally separate from what i post: I reserve the right to have an opinion and constructive criticism, but on the other hand there is the persona of Lok as a moderator who says what is OK and what isn't within the rules.

When 1up complain, I get a civilised forum pm, or some negative rep. I send them a PM explaining why i've done x and y. They understand, attempt to clarify their views, and in fact seemed inherently cooperative when I said their posters were shit for reasons x, y and z. When you complain i get an irate PM, either on here and on IRC, and often find myself having to explain myself twice. So I shall explain it here, for the last time, because I think it needs to be reiterated one final time

Quote:
Quote:
Plz do delete the Declaration of War thread made by Fyodor. It's a flame bait and yes, I'm aware my own command put that thread there but you know asmuch as I do that it's nothing but crap, including sid's post (which doesn't tell the full story).

rgds Kj
I am afraid i cannot do that. If someone posts a thread that's negative to their own interests, it's their problem and it's up to them to delete it, because it is an interesting active thread with a bit of the confrontation of old that i (along with many users of AD) like to see.

My advice is that either you tell Fyodor to delete the thread, or dismiss him from command. In any case, I'll be saving it and placing it on the wiki because it's a major event of round 13.

Note: I'm not refusing to moderate the thread, and i will run the rule over it again, but I think "declarations of war" are fine, and if people make bad PR posts, that's their own perrogative.

Cheers,
Lok
This is the final time I will be putting my view forward on this thread. I do not expect any further contact from you about it.

2) As i've been in command positions from round 2 to round 6 from the level of newbie alliance to an alliance of the stature of Deus Ex Machina, I'd hope to think I'm in the 1% you can take seriously. If i'm just a troll to you, as far as I'm concerned you are a player of inferior quality to myself, and while I'm not the best player in PA (infact i was very average high commander, and was never really cut out to be part of the top crust), I've done a few things that would have worn down people's patience long before mine ran out, and a few people who are good and that I respect (whatever their background in the game) seem to want to sit down and talk to me about PA, which i take as a glowing compliment. You still have much to learn, but I am sure if you actually read posts from players of vast experience, you'll learn.

3) The only people to blame are yourselves here by posting a shit piece of PR. Seriously, if you don't accept you've made mistakes, you'll **** up again and again.

You sir, are becoming of great irritation to me, and other users of this game and forum. Please desist, learn to be polite and most important of all, learn from your mistakes. I learned, and quit while I was behind.

Yours sincerely,

Lok

P.S. I only have one ass.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:10   #193
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
coherant
. Gumb0r. You mock me for not using proper English and you cant even spell coherent. o.O
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 22:12   #194
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
You have no idea.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 22:12   #195
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Not having a crackerjack decent public relations isn't something you should just wave off Kj. So much in this game rides how well you can manage your alliances reputation to gain or lose influence on the course of the game. If you burn your political bridges, you're at a distinct disadvantage.

Certain alliances come off as reasonable and level-headed, some don't. Guess who gets the worm.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 23:19   #196
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
AD is dead, every1 has to squeeze dry the new threads or we'd go mentally insane

actually it wasnt ever different (imo).

and the last days showed that ad isnt dead....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 06:51   #197
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Not having a crackerjack decent public relations isn't something you should just wave off Kj. So much in this game rides how well you can manage your alliances reputation to gain or lose influence on the course of the game. If you burn your political bridges, you're at a distinct disadvantage.

Certain alliances come off as reasonable and level-headed, some don't. Guess who gets the worm.
i disagree with this.

Politics always has been nothing really to do with how your allance is perceived, its more of a pissing competition between people who think they can argue better than others.

No one really takes any notice of AD - not members or hc - if they did FAnG would not have been a integral part of PA political/war scene for 5 rounds.

PA is PA and AD is AD both are pretty separate imho.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 08:28   #198
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
i disagree with this.

Politics always has been nothing really to do with how your allance is perceived, its more of a pissing competition between people who think they can argue better than others.

No one really takes any notice of AD - not members or hc - if they did FAnG would not have been a integral part of PA political/war scene for 5 rounds.

I disagree with your disagreement - paradoxically reinforcing your point I know.

There has and always will be a place for AD discussions to effect the politics of the game, usualy as a result of unbelievable acts of incompetance by members or occasionaly HC of certain alliances.

Arguably AD is just another filter through which politics is discussed, and perhaps it is not as relevant as irc, but it still has its place.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 10:10   #199
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
What's discussed on AD reflects what happens in PA. Angels lost a lot of roids for what some perceive to be a political mistake, so that is discussed on AD. It wsn't the AD discussion which caused Angels to lose roids, or caused their actions to be regarded negatively by other alliances. The AD posts just reflect what people think about these things.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 10:23   #200
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
1) The fact is, had Angels not exposed their litany of errors to me via pm or indeed on the forum, I wouldn't be slaughtering you utterly, not because of who you are, as quite frankly i don't care, but for what you actually did and revealed to me either personally or in the public domain. The impression i have got from FAnG/Angels whoever is that I'm only biased when I decide against them in my favour. There are a few occaisons where i've disagreed with 1up, and in fact i've banned more members of ND (2) than any other alliance. Anyone who i even thought was hinting at preferential treatment got told to **** off.

Please differentiate: my modding is totally separate from what i post: I reserve the right to have an opinion and constructive criticism, but on the other hand there is the persona of Lok as a moderator who says what is OK and what isn't within the rules.

When 1up complain, I get a civilised forum pm, or some negative rep. I send them a PM explaining why i've done x and y. They understand, attempt to clarify their views, and in fact seemed inherently cooperative when I said their posters were shit for reasons x, y and z. When you complain i get an irate PM, either on here and on IRC, and often find myself having to explain myself twice. So I shall explain it here, for the last time, because I think it needs to be reiterated one final time

This is the final time I will be putting my view forward on this thread. I do not expect any further contact from you about it.

2) As i've been in command positions from round 2 to round 6 from the level of newbie alliance to an alliance of the stature of Deus Ex Machina, I'd hope to think I'm in the 1% you can take seriously. If i'm just a troll to you, as far as I'm concerned you are a player of inferior quality to myself, and while I'm not the best player in PA (infact i was very average high commander, and was never really cut out to be part of the top crust), I've done a few things that would have worn down people's patience long before mine ran out, and a few people who are good and that I respect (whatever their background in the game) seem to want to sit down and talk to me about PA, which i take as a glowing compliment. You still have much to learn, but I am sure if you actually read posts from players of vast experience, you'll learn.

3) The only people to blame are yourselves here by posting a shit piece of PR. Seriously, if you don't accept you've made mistakes, you'll **** up again and again.

You sir, are becoming of great irritation to me, and other users of this game and forum. Please desist, learn to be polite and most important of all, learn from your mistakes. I learned, and quit while I was behind.

Yours sincerely,

Lok

P.S. I only have one ass.
first of all I suggest you READ the posts aswell, I've admitted more then once that we've made mistakes. You however say I don't admit making mistakes ... I think you're not capable of reading a post when I hear such a comment.

Yes you belong to that 1%, I didn't imply at any moment that you've never been a command person, I've only said that your criticisme is far from constructive. The 99% is meant to the MOST posters, I'm sure those in command position now or before KNOW I didn't mean them ...

Learn to be polite? given the shit quality of this thread and the replies of some posters, I've been extremely polite. I did at no point troll or insult a person (bar TheRat for his louzy comment).

If one should be talking about not respecting the rules, it's more about you pasting a private message I sent you on the boards. Fact that I sent it private means exactly that. Guess you didn't respect that.

I've run enough alliances and I've been in the best but also most shity situations so I don't think I need to learn things, bar from the mistakes everyone now and then makes. Infact, your comment about that is rather insulting and degrading, yet you claim I should be more polite?

I never claimed you shouldn't have your own opinion, I however think the poster Lokken and the mod Lok are influencing eachother too much, but that's my PERSONAL opinion.
Fact that you've banned more ND pple here then from another alliance doesn't say much about your objectivity, it says more about the quality of their posts (those you banned).

Several things you claim in this quote are untrue or are based on stuff you didn't read properly (as in the part where I admit making mistakes). So I suggest, instead of acting like you need to teach me something, to READ what I wrote and then react on it. your post would have been different if you did imo.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community