User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Mar 2005, 08:04   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Simple Xan tickplan for the preview

Basically, the idea is to lose as few research ticks as possible. With the 10% penalty research ticks are very valuable. This plan assumes your first attack at pt72.

Start with Engineering min/res/con. For the early researches there's no difference, and you should be able to earn a little off the advantage. Naturally, init every tick. For the tick 9 mine, choose whatever resource you think will be most scarce, ie what race you expect to attack least.

Stop initiating at 200 roids, try to save up at least 10 ticks worth of resources before ordering your attack fleet, even if this means putting off iniations.

pt 0: hct1, res lab
pt 9: appropriate mine
pt 10: hct2
pt 18-40: at one of these ticks, start an amp, when it's done, start your light fac
pt 22: fighter class hulls
pt 41: jumpgate
pt 53: change engineering to res/min/prod, start hct3
pt 64: order your first attack fleet (mainly daggers). Keep initiating after this
pt 71: jumpgate 2, though at this point paths diverge and whatnot
pt 72: launch \o/

At this point any target will do, no one's going to be able to build up to stop you.

Edit: First HCT takes 11 ticks, not 10.

Last edited by Banned; 20 Mar 2005 at 12:02.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 08:11   #2
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simple Xan tickplan for the preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Basically, the idea is to lose as few research ticks as possible. With the 10% penalty research ticks are very valuable. This plan assumes your first attack at pt72.

Start with Engineering min/res/con. For the early researches there's no difference, and you should be able to earn a little off the advantage. Naturally, init every tick. For the tick 9 mine, choose whatever resource you think will be most scarce, ie what race you expect to attack least.

Stop initiating at 200 roids, try to save up at least 10 ticks worth of resources before ordering your attack fleet, even if this means putting off iniations.

pt 0: hct1, res lab
pt 9: hct2, appropriate mine
pt 18-40: at one of these ticks, start an amp, when it's done, start your light fac
pt 21: fighter class hulls
pt 40: jumpgate
pt 52: change engineering to res/min/prod, start hct3
pt 64: order your first attack fleet (mainly daggers). Keep initiating after this
pt 69: jumpgate 2, though at this point paths diverge and whatnot.
pt 72: launch \o/

At this point any target will do, no one's going to be able to build up to stop you.
Do you want xan to be heavily used?
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 10:56   #3
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

Code:
Race       Count (%) 
Terran     129 (22%) 
Cathaar    158 (27%) 
Xandathrii 134 (22%) 
Zikonian   162 (27%)
Xan comes in at 3rd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 12:32   #4
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Keep in mind that this is beta

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:35   #5
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Whoa!! teh Jester and a public tick plan?!???

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 14:33   #6
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Jester in being subtle shocker!

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 17:46   #7
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Attacking at tick 72 isn't the most profitable option, initiating though riskier produces generally better results, though certain compromises are ofcourse best.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 17:57   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Attacking at tick 72 isn't the most profitable option, initiating though riskier produces generally better results, though certain compromises are ofcourse best.
Booooooring.

I made the tick plan because I'm playing Xan this round. I shared it because I could.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 18:08   #9
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

a likely story;)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 19:31   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Booooooring.

I made the tick plan because I'm playing Xan this round. I shared it because I could.
and because you SHOULD!
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 20:03   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a tick plan to stay 1st for ages
as terran anyway.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 20:28   #12
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
as terran anyway.
its easy to stay #1 as terr in protection, but protection ranks dont matter

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 20:37   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
Yes I know

Unread 17 Mar 2005, 21:27   #14
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
Lothlorien
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 21:41   #15
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

initing is overrated
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 00:49   #16
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
as terran anyway.
ROFL.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 01:52   #17
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
ROFL.

Planet Rank Records
Your best rank is 1 which last occurred in tick 64.
Your worst rank is 1 which last occurred in tick 64.

Unread 18 Mar 2005, 01:55   #18
Chika

Quote:
Planet Rank Records
Your best rank is 1 which last occurred in tick 64.
Your worst rank is 1 which last occurred in tick 64.
LMFAO. You so remind me of Gerbie.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 02:11   #19
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Dont worry I know Know I will die pretty sharpish but you know what.... I dont care
Beta are there for fun hence why I don't care.

Unread 18 Mar 2005, 02:14   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:

<Noah02> i think i know gerbie dont i?
* Gerbie sets mode: +ooo Beth DemonHunter Kila
* Gerbie sets mode: +o Noah02
* Gerbie is famous

Unread 18 Mar 2005, 02:14   #21
Chika

Quote:
Dont worry I know Know I will die pretty sharpish but you know what.... I dont care
Beta are there for fun hence why I don't care.
No, Beta is for testing.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 02:22   #22
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
No, Beta is for testing.
It is fun testing

I have already helped change a lot of things. I enjoy helping