User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 19:48   #51
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ship naming competition

This is for the finalised ship stats this round.

Name changes:

Drake -> Phoenix
Phoenix -> Drake

Peacekeeper -> Lancer
Lancer -> Peacekeeper

Cutlass -> Assassin
Assassin -> Corsair
Cutter -> Cutlass
Corsair -> Clipper
Clipper -> Rogue
Rogue -> Pirate

(zik summary - lose cutter, gain pirate)

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 19:50   #52
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

FYI These are the final stats, so if like Furball you have some recommendations (preferably different) base them on this: http://goat.no-ip.com/r16beta7.xls
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 19:56   #53
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
FYI These are the final stats, so if like Furball you have some recommendations (preferably different) base them on this: http://goat.no-ip.com/r16beta7.xls
FYI those aren't the final stats (it pretty clearly says 'beta' on them).

Edit: But I have no plans to change targeting, so you might as well do like Cannon_Fodder says and base it on that.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 20:22   #54
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Gryphon -> Drake
Drake -> Gryphon

Lancer -> Spectre/Ghost/Wraith

Assassin -> Corsair
Cutter -> Thief
Thief -> Cutter
Corsair -> Periwinkle
Clipper -> Forthwright

my 2cents

random names I liked from this thread or others :
Ter: Basilisk Halycon Kraken Juggernaught Centaur
Xan: Ghast Spectre Wraith Mirage Sprite Lich
Cat: Locust Chigger Mantis Scimitar Recluse
Zik: Admiral Shrapnel Macon Seylon Forthwright Periwinkle Swink Bandit

tuxed0

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 20:35   #55
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to see the 'MarvMobile' come into action!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 20:41   #56
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
FYI those aren't the final stats (it pretty clearly says 'beta' on them).

Edit: But I have no plans to change targeting, so you might as well do like Cannon_Fodder says and base it on that.
FYI it's not my fault Appoc misunderstood you and changed the topic to say 'FINAL'.

and I doubt anyone is anal enough to change their URL for the last change.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 21:06   #57
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
and I doubt anyone is anal enough to change their URL for the last change.
I am

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 21:45   #58
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Love Mantis and Locust for Cath, and Manticore for Terran.
For Zik i thought about words relating to rebellion, unrest, treason, etc

Heretic
Anarchist
Guerilla
Rioter
Mutineer
Demagogue
Iconoclast
Antagonist
Renegade
Nihilist
Dissedent
Fugitive
Outlaw
Turncoat
Imposter

and ofc the ultimate battleship, the Benedict Arnold
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 22:54   #59
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Man O War ftw!
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 23:39   #60
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
and ofc the ultimate battleship, the Benedict Arnold
:\
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 01:10   #61
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I am

Want some sympathy pos rep?
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 21:30   #62
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran
* Chimera name to Barghest
* Gryphon name to Chimera
* Phoenix name to Gryphon
* Drake name to Phoenix
* Demeter name to Ziz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Google Hit For Barghest
It only appears at night. People believe that anyone who sees the dog clearly will die soon after the encounter.
Need I say more? Better than large male duck anyway

Gryphon was CO->FR back in r11, so that change is at least mildly appropriate (and it's still def against the small Cath pod...)

Demeter is a bit annoying, as she was a goddess, not a mythical creature. Not only that, but she was the goddess of agriculture. Hardly fitting for a PA ship. I expect everyone's going to hate me for the replacement though. The Ziz originates from the same myths as Leviathan and Behemoth, except apparantly big sea serpents and overgrown hippos are cooler than birds big enough to block out the sun (Though let's face it, Leviathan and Behemoth do sound slightly more intimidating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathaar
* Scorpion name to Recluse
* Guardian name to Mantis
Scorpion as an FR doesn't work, so we dig out the Recluse. It's a kind of spider. If you've got a strong stomach you can go google image search "recluse spider". Mantis is an oldie, but a goodie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandathrii
* Vsharrak name to Phantom
* Pulsar name to Vsharrak
* Bomber name to Ghost
* Peacekeeper name to Wraith
* Lancer name to Peacekeeper
So we lose the Lancer (no real ships in that role this round) and the Pulsar (I was tempted to make the Pulsar FI->FR as that's historically more correct than then Vsh being FI->FR). The Ghost is a fairly easy one after last round. I wanted one more of the old 'cloak' names in, and of the old r3-5 ones, only Wraith and Spectre were left. Wraith was a CO, but Spectre always fired at small ships. Since I've been doing it a lot today, I let targeting decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikonian
* Cutlass name to Interceptor
* Assassin name to Cutlass
* Thief name to Assassin
* Cutter name to Thief
* Rogue name to Pirate
* Clipper name to Rogue
* Corsair name to Clipper
Finally, the elusive Interceptor. Some people want the Harpy to be renamed, but I figured zik would actually fit the name better, as it's role as much as a noun. Cutlass as FI->CO fits better than Thief there (I didn't want to make the Thief DE, as traditionally Pirate is the big one, Thief is the small one). Other than that it should be fairly straight-forward. Except the new Clipper. That one made me cry a little inside.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 22:40   #63
Cannon_Fodder

The Mistress of Time is judging you now.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 01:33   #64
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

Like many of the new names (especially Fireblade and Intereceptor), but:

Xan CR and BS? what the heck?
Don't like the resource type ratios. They used to be a consistent 3:3:4 ratio, but

Harpy is 7:5:5
Gryphon is 4:3:3
et cetera. I think that the resource type ratios should at least be the same for all ships of a certain race. (though it good keeping the Xans at 1:1:1)

as for the shipstat numbers, no large imbalances seem to stand out, atleast to me...
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 08:02   #65
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I have to admit for my ship stats I cheated; I didn't like working out roughly how much all the ships should cost and fiddle around, so I just made a total resources column then split it 4:3:3 like you said for the 3 races.
I'm not sure how tactical Jester was trying to be with his resource selection, but it used to play very much a part in things - some ships were created to be c/ m dumps, etc, especially in earlier stats.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 12:18   #66
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I have to admit for my ship stats I cheated; I didn't like working out roughly how much all the ships should cost and fiddle around, so I just made a total resources column then split it 4:3:3 like you said for the 3 races.
I'm not sure how tactical Jester was trying to be with his resource selection, but it used to play very much a part in things - some ships were created to be c/ m dumps, etc, especially in earlier stats.
I adhered stricter to these rules for r13, but I generally had special ships have slightly more than 40% of their cost in the race's special resource, and normal have slightly less.

I guess all the cath that went heavily for Tulas benefited
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 20:21   #67
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about

Albatross
Avenger
Bandit
Centaur
Cobra
Crusader
Djinn
Dragonfly
Gargoyle
Gatekeeper
Gnome
Gorgon
Gremlin
Griffin
Kraken

these are some that i thought of....some may have been already mentioned...
Explode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 20:34   #68
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about

Pincher
Pixie
Raider
Scavenger
Scorpion
Sphinx
Thopter
Vulture
Wasp

some more.....i think some were used in previous rounds like Wasp but they still are good ship names....

i also would like to see :

Scimitar....which is a name of a sword...maybe Xan
Sting or Stingray....which would be a good Cath name
Razor....a good Xan name
And i like Frightcrawler....don't know what class that would be though

Last edited by Explode; 22 Jan 2006 at 21:06.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:14   #69
Explode
Blasting Caps

Talking Re: Ship naming competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
i quite like this ghost theme idea....

we could add 'casper' in there if we need more names the friendly lil ghost DD
hmmm....i would like a ghost theme too...but i like the spelling of casper to be Kasper...

here are some ship names and picks
http://www.areopagus.net/grkbeasts.htm
http://www.thanasis.com/creature.htm
http://www.mythicalrealm.com/mythbeast.html
http://www.mythicalrealm.com/

Last edited by Explode; 23 Jan 2006 at 00:38.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 13:53   #70
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

actually the blackguard name for the xand would be death knight (evil paladin turn undead) just for information.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote